Chapter 2

Magnetic Attraction

"I can't believe what just happened." Cherie lamented loudly, toying with the tassles on the plush cushions of the white leather recliners.

Instead of admiring the interior design of the luxurious cabins, Cherie tortured herself by dissecting the unsettling expression of Hyukjae's eyes in her mind. Rather than seeing a meaningful twinkle in his eyes, she sensed a rare air of uneasiness in them when she shook his hand out there in the boarding area. Was her approach too straightforward for him? Shouldn't he be used to girls flinging themselves at his feet? Maybe he didn't like that. He sure didn't flirt back with her, if that was any indication at all.

'Ugh.'

She had obviously ruined his first impression on her.


"Argh I can't take this!"

"......"

"Hyo?" Cherie kicked her friend's leg across from her on the couch.

"Huh?" Hyorin snapped out of her trance and quizically looked at Cherie.

"I was saying how I completely made an of myself out there in front of the pilot." Cherie frowned, scrunching her eyebrows.

"The one beside Donghae?" Hyorin asked, tapping her finger against her pursed lips.

"Donghae? Who's that?"

"The co-pilot. He's kinda cute. I talked to him a little while you were flirting with the other guy. Girl, you're getting mighty desperate."

"It's not like I want a boyfriend or anything. He's just... intriguing," Cherie mused wistfully.

"... uhh, am I interrupting something here?"

Both girls looked towards the threshold of the cabin.

"Park Jung Su!" Hyorin cried, her eyes wide.

"Call me Leeteuk," the man flashed them an adorable, dimpled smile.

"As in the supermodel Leeteuk? You guys know each other?" Cherie asked Hyorin.

"Yeah, we shot a commercial with each other about 3 months ago. What're you doing here?" Hyorin asked, ushering him into the cabin.

"I hope you guys don't mind me staying here with you. The cabin I originally had had a bunch of old men who spoke foreign languages and had suspicious looking briefcases," Leeteuk laughed as he sat beside Hyorin on the couch.

"By all means. But if you want to stay here, you have to do something for me," Cherie replied, leaning forward on the recliner, her legs crossed at the knee.

"Anything for you. A ton of my friends think you're super pretty."

"You know who I am?"

"Duh. You're Italy's foreign ambassador's daughter! A hobo would even know who you are okay? Please."

"Says the internationally recognized supermodel," Cherie said wryly.

"At your service," Leeteuk gladlly basked in her praise.

"Indeed. How would you like being my temporary model? I just want to take a few candid shots in this setting. After all, we're gonna be 40, 000 feet up in the air, so why not make the most of it right?"

"No problem. It would be an honor to be shot by you."

"Excellent." 

"Okay, I feel officially left out." Hyorin said from the side, carelessly flipping through the aircraft safety manual.

"You can tell Leeteuk all about the cute co-pilot while he looks fierce for my camera," Cherie said, taking out her prized Canon EOS SLR camera from her bag sitting on the floor.

"Wait, Donghae?" Leeteuk asked.

"Yeah! You know him?"

"He's my best friend. And so is the head pilot," Leeteuk replied.

"What?!" Cherie asked loudly, whipping her head around to face him.

DING.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain Lee Hyukjae speaking. I would like to welcome you aboard Airbus flight service 180 from Seoul, Korea to Milan, Italy. Once we get airborne, our flight time will be around 11 hours and 31 minutes. Please remain seated and fasten your seatbelts as we prepare for takeoff. In the mean time, sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight. If there is anything that anyone of us can do to make your flight a more pleasant one, please let us know. On behalf of myself and the entire flight crew, I would like to thank you for choosing to fly with us on this momentous day."

-----------------------------------------------------------