Chapter 16

We Are Dating? But not to you Kyuhyun-ah.[DISCONTINUED]

Nobody’s POV

I didn’t know how long I was laying down in the lift. I didn’t know how long I shed my tears until I couldn’t shed some more. The nausea, the swelling in my throat. I wanted time to freeze like this immobile lift. Not going anywhere. I don’t want to move anywhere. I don’t want to hear anymore. Not from anyone. This reality hurt too much. I don’t want to believe that Kyuhyun decide to part. I mean even this is for a while until everything cools down. How long is a while? How am I supposed to put it up with these? How am I supposed to fight for us when he is not in this battle?

 

Nobody was supposed to know about us. About Kyuhyun and me. Why can’t LSM sajangnim leave us alone? Why would the kids in my school would never leave me alone? I only wanted to be in love. Why would others leave us alone? Why wouldn’t anyone approve us? Why? 

 

Hyemi sat in daze with her minds running in thoughts. Hyemi didn’t realize the door to of the lift is open and Taemin came in. Taemin came to Hyemi and hold her arms. “God. Hyemi are you okay? Hyemi, why haven’t you picked up your phone? I’ve been calling you for like fifteen times. Hyemi, are you listening to me?”

 

Taemin continued to watch as Hyemi mumbles Why repeatedly. “Hyemi, Hyemi,” Taemin keep shaking her arms, as Hyemi didn’t respond. He held Hyemi’s chin and forced Hyemi to look him in the eyes.

 

Her eyes aren’t twinkling like she used to Taemin’s preferences. It is basically lifeless. She is still muttering lowly Why on repeat. Taemin’s heart wreck into pieces as he sees Hyemi in that condition. Tired, exhausted, all out of place. “Come on Hyemi. Let’s get back to your dorm,” Efforlessly, Taemin carried Hyemi bridal style.

 

“Shhh, it is okay. Hyemi, I’m here,” Taemin cooed to Hyemi’s ears. Somehow magically Hyemi stops muttering and closed her eyes. Her heartbeats that were rapidly beating as Taemin feels is now slowing down to normal rate. Taemin sighed in relief.

 

When Taemin arrived in front of f(x) dorm, she heard Sulli’s voice from inside. “I’ll go and find her unnie,” After that Sulli opened the front door.

 

“Jinri,” Taemin could only whispered.

 

“Oppa, what happen?” Sulli asked warily.

 

“After I got of from the phone with Sulli, I tried to call Hyemi but I couldn’t get through. Then,I found her in the lift while I was going for SuJu’s floor. She was just laying there,” Taemin answered.

 

“Come in,  thank you oppa. “ Sulli opened the frontdoor again.

 

“Sulli, have you found h-. Oh my god. Taemin, what happen?” Amber stops talking and goes to Taemin.

 

“I’ll explain later,” Taemin walk to Sulli-Hyemi’s room and gently put Hyemi on her bed. Taemin caressed Hyemi’s hair and continues to watch her. Only when Amber clears her throats Taemin return his attention to the Amber and Sulli.

 

Scratching his neck awkwardly, he said, “Uh where was I. I found her in the lift. S-she was just laying down on the floor, just laying. She keeps muttering Why. She look realy lifeless. Even when I called out her name, shook her shoulders. Her eyes aren’t twinkling like she used to,”

 

“H-her eyes t-twinkle?” Sulli interjected. Really, her eyes twinkle Taemin oppa.

 

“Yeah. I mean t-twi. I mean the main point is she just looks like out of it. She was not herself back there. Sulli did you know anything about us? I mean how was she at school? Did anything happen with the photos expose?” Taemin asked.  

 

“After we got back from school, she was fine. She even joke about the kids that b-bully her about the photos, “ Sulli said while fiddling with her fingers. She doesn’t like the way Taemin look at Hyemi, the way Taemin looked like he cares so much about Hyemi.

 

“She did that? This girl,” Amber said.

 

“Well, then we meet up with Kyuhyun oppa accidentally  in the lift. She even said hai to Kyuhyun opp but Kyuhyun oppa ignored. S-she even tried to talked to Kyuhyun but he ignored her,” Sulli continued. Oppa, look at me. I am talking here. Stop caressing Hyemi’s hair. “ Well, the atmosphere was so awkwardly thick that I could even it cut with a knife. Then, when we reached our floor. I step out from the lift but Kyuhyun oppa grab Hyemi from getting out. Well, I guess maybe they had talk and it didn’t ended that well,” Sulli continued. What is this ripping sensation just under my ribcage whenever Taemin looked at Hyemi.

 

“You guess?” Taemin asked, returning his attention to Sulli. He didn’t realised he raised his voice.

 

“Well, I don’t know okay!” Sulli said with her eyebrows furrowed.

 

Hyemi suddenly muttered Kyuhyun oppa out of conscious then she continued muttering incoherently. Taemin back to caressing Hyemi’s hair and cooing Hyemi back to sleep. Then, she was back in dreamland.

 

“Guys, Hyemi need her rest okay. Come on, let’s talk outside,” Amber sghed and ushered both of Sulli and Taemin outside to the living room.

 

“Look Taemin thank you for your help. But I think you have to go back now. You look tired. You just got out from a schedule I guess from your attire. Go home Taemin, go and rest. “ Amber said to Taemin. Taemin actually look exhausted and drained out.

 

“But Hyemi, I” Taemin said.

 

“She will be fine. I’ll take care of her and keep you updated okay?” Amber said.

 

“Okay, thanks Amber. Bye Amber, Bye Sulli,” Taemin said and takes his leave.

 

Sulli didn’t raised her head when Taemin, she keep herself occupied by playing with her fingers.

 

“You okay kiddo?” Amber asked Sulli.

 

“I’m okay. I m-mean why shouldn’t I? I’m not the one that was found laying down in the lift,” Sulli said with hint of sarcasm in her voice.

 

Amber sighed, “Sulli, Hyemi need us. Be strong okay. Look, why don’t go you go freshen up and go have a nap. Tonight, we have a big schedule right?” Amber patted Sulli’s hair. Sulli nodded.

 

These two kids. Amber sat on the sofa and turn on the TV. She flicked through the channels trying to look for something to watch. The channel was running the rerun of SME Maknae Special. Amber still remembers how hard Hyemi practiced for that dance. She stayed up late for a couple of nights because she wasn’t that good enough.

 

Amber laughed as she saw Hyemi was trying to hide her jealousy when Kyuhyun and Seohun take the stage with their duets. Then, she stopped as she noticed something. Hyemi was looking at Kyuhyun while Taemin was staring at Hyemi. Then, later after the Seo-Kyu couple special stage finished, Kyuhyun was glancing for a while at Hyemi.

 

God, they way Kyuhyun stared at Hyemi. He was teasing her that bad with holding Seohyun’s hand. How in the hell didn’t I notice these couple interaction? So blind. Tsk tsk. Wait, isn’t Taemin is looking at Hyemi the way Kyuhyun looked at Hyemi. B-but Sulli.

 

“Amber unnie!” Sulli squeal.

 

“What, what?” Amber jumped in panick.

 

“I’ve been calling you for like couple of minutes. What is on TV that got you so hook up, unnie?” Sulli said while snickering.

 

“What, nothing. Just some boring reruns. You know these channels,” Amber quickly changed the channel.

 

“Oh well, can I sleep at your room?” Sulli asked warily.

 

“Sure, sure. Er, sweet dreams Sulli,” Amber said. She sighed in relief as Sulli leave to her room that she shared with Luna.