36--Misunderstandings

Who Are You?

Only a couple of days left until the boys from China arrive and I am horrifically unprepared.
"Has everything been sorted, is there anything we can help you with?"
"No no Kris," I say breezily over the phone, "I've got everything under control."
"Why do I not believe you?" He laughs. He knows me too well to say we've never met.
"Hey you have to trust your host!" I pretend to be affronted. "Would I really let you guys come all the way here and leave things to the last moment?"
"Alright alright I'm just being responsible and checking up on you," I can hear the smile in his voice, "I don't want you to stress yourself out."
"Stress myself out? It would take a hell of a lot to stress me out! Oh no-" in the distance I can see Jongin leaning against the railing watching my progress down the road.
"Jongin's here waiting for me. I'll speak to you later Kris." I say quickly before cutting the call and stuffing the phone in my pocket.
"Hey," I smile.
"Hey baby," Jongin reaches down and kisses my lips, "Who were you on the phone to?"
My mind goes completely blank, every single name I’ve ever heard flies right out of my head and leaves me gaping like a gold fish. Jongin’s eyebrows furrow. I realise it was only a passing question that he wasn’t particularly interested in, but now I’ve stumbled over my answer his curiosity increases rapidly.

“Hey what’s up guys!” Chanyeol says, bounding over to us. “It’s finally the last day of college until the Christmas holidays! I plan to do nothing but sleep.” He gives a big yawn as if he’s already about to lie down in bed.

“I just came to say that I won’t be able to eat lunch with you guys again,” Jongin says slowly, dragging his eyes away from giving me a searching look, “My dance teacher wants me to stay behind and catch up on work.”

“This is why you shouldn’t miss college,” Chanyeol wags his finger, “It also causes you to miss food.”

“That’s okay anyway I have to go and work on my English project during lunch time,” I sigh, “So I probably won’t be there either. We can always eat something on the way home together,”

“Yeah sounds good,” Jongin shrugs. I can tell he’s still wary about my lack of answer as to who I was on the phone with. “I’m going to go to class now so I’ll catch you later.”

He gives me a quick one sided hug, nods to Chanyeol and then strolls into college, tucking his headphones into his ears.

“He seems pretty down,” Chanyeol muses, “I wonder what’s up with him.”

I stand there dithering on the spot. I know Jongin is probably right at this moment over-thinking and misunderstanding everything. Maybe he thinks I was talking to a boy on the phone. Well I was but not like that. And it’s not like I can tell him the real reason otherwise the surprise will be ruined.

“Hey Ara where are you going?” Chanyeol calls after me as I run to catch up with Jongin and swing him round by his shoulder.

“Hey Ara what are you-?” He says, managing to pull out an earphone before I throw my arms around him. I close my eyes and focus on channelling all my feelings into the hug, hoping it will be enough to reassure him just in case he is having any crazy thoughts. Slowly his arms come around me, one around my waist and the other my hair as he always does.

 “Is everything okay” He whispers in my ear.

“Everything is fine,” I step away, still leaving my arms around his neck. His brown eyes are confused but the red tinge on his cheek reveals his happiness. “I just really like you okay. So don’t forget that ever.”

“I won’t.” He smiles, kissing my forehead.

“Promise?” I hold out my pinky finger and without hesitation he links his around mine.

“I promise.”

“Good,” I step back, “Well then now that’s sorted out I’ll let you go to class,”

“Uh, thanks?” Jongin says, raising an eyebrow.

“Any time any time,” I step round him to go back to where Chanyeol is standing but as I take a step away, in one fluid motion, Jongin grabs my hand, swings me back round puling me to his body and delivers a kiss. One of his hands cups the side of my cheek, my skin with the same pressure as his lips are kissing my mouth.

“A kiss always follows a hug,” He smiles. Every time he kisses me it feels like the first time, I still get those same feelings, the anticipation and the sense of intense affection.

He gently pushes me back, biting his lips.

“Now I really do need to class,” He says regretfully, “Stop distracting me, you’re such a bad influence.”

“You think that was distracting?” I laugh softly, slowly stepping towards him and fiddling with the buttons on his shirt, “Because I can be really distracting.”

It’s like my words have him under some spell, his eyes are dazed and looking at my mouth.

“Are you really going to make me drag you into the disabled toilets?” He murmurs, dragging a finger over my lips. I laugh and push him away.

“The disabled toilets? My gosh aren’t you romantic.”

“We’re at college,” He sighs exasperatedly, “If you know of any romantic places here feel free to let me know!”

“Aye aye captain,” I salute, walking down the corridor. He rolls his eyes, runs a hand through his hair and then turns to continue walking down the now deserted corridor, his gait much happier than before.

 

“Ready to work on our project?” Yunho smiles cheerfully.

It’s the end of class and we’re walking towards the library.

“I sure am,” I say determinedly. I want to hurry up and do the work quick so I can surprise Jongin with some food during his extra dance practice. And I still need to figure out accommodation for Kris and the rest of the boys. I sigh outwardly.

“What’s on your mind?” Yunho asks, obviously hearing my sigh.

“I don’t suppose you know of a hotel where I can book like an entire floor at short notice? For two weeks?”

“That’s really random,” Yunho laughs.

“Yeah it’s kind of a surprise for my friends.”

“Sounds like an elaborate surprise,”

“Yep and I really can’t see me being able to pull it all off.” I sigh.

“You know, I think I may be able to help you with the accommodation problem.” He says slowly. My eyes widen. I hadn’t asked him with the expectation that he would have a solution.

“Seriously?”

“Yeah my Uncle knows a few people in the hotel business so I’m sure it shouldn’t be a problem. What’s your price range?”

“Money isn’t a problem,” I wave my hand, “But are you serious? Do you really think you’d be able to find somewhere?”

“I’m about 90% sure I’ll be able to find something. Just leave it to me. I’ll email you by the end of the night with the details.”

“You’re so amazing!” On impulse, I give him a quick grateful hug, “This will be the best surprise ever!”

“I really hope it is,” Yunho smiles.

The double doors behind us slam against the wall, the noise making me jump. I turn around but there’s no one there.

“Probably the wind,” Yunho shrugs. “Come on, let’s get this project done.”

 

“Jongin you really should eat something,” I sigh.

“I’m not hungry baby,” Jongin says dismissively, standing in front of the mirror and practicing the same dance move over and over again.

“You’re going to make yourself ill,” I whine, “You’ve been dancing all day,”

“I’m a dancer, that’s what we do,”

“And remember your arm isn’t fully healed! Can’t you give your body a little break at least? Just eat something? For me?”

Jongin doesn’t answer and instead goes to pick up his towel to quickly wipe his face before going back to the mirror. It’s the evening and we’re in his apartment. I’m sitting beside his laptop, waiting for an email from Yunho to see if he’s found any accommodation. As soon as we got home Jongin started practicing his dance, and he’s been in front of the mirror ever since.

“Come on Jongin,” I stand up and poke his arm. Sweat glistens on his forehead and his t-shirt is stuck to his body.

“I’d advise you not to disturb me right now,” He says breathlessly, focusing on his image in the mirror, nostrils flaring slightly when he apparently doesn’t do it right.

“Well I’m going to bother you until you eat something,” I know I’m probably annoying the hell out of him right now but it’s bothering me that he, to my knowledge, hasn’t eaten anything all day. “And I can be really annoying.”

“Please stop.”

His brusque attitude isn’t bothering me; I know he can be a bit blunt when he’s focusing on getting a dance move right. I continue to poke his arm.

“I’m serious Ara,”

“Eat something then!” I exclaim, “Anything at all! How can you dance on an empty stomach I’m sure that’s against some dancer law.” I go to stand in front of the mirror so he can’t see himself. “And I, as your manager, command that you eat something right this minute.”

Whoosh.

With something like a growl in his throat, Jongin throws the towel against the opposite wall. It makes a whip like sound as it sails through the air. My eyes widen and I stare at him.

“Jongin?”

He stands with his back to me, breathing heavily, fists clenched.

“You want me to stop?” He says. There’s a tremor in his voice.

“W-Well just so you can eat something. Then you can start again after,” I stammer.

“No it’s fine I’ll stop.” He says. His fists unclench and I feel a little sense of relief. “I’ll stop,” He says again, turning around. The look in his eyes makes the breath disappear in my throat. Unpredictable Jongin is back, I can’t even tell what he’s thinking or feeling, only that the look in his eyes seems to be physically assaulting me. “I’ll just start this instead.” He says quickly, and marching across the room he grabs my hand and lifts me on to the kitchen counter.

His mouth hungrily attacks my lips with no mercy, the kiss so intense I’m only vaguely aware that with one sweep of his arm he wipes the counter clean of any plates or cutlery, the sound of them falling on the floor only just managing to get through the haze of lust clouding my head. He leans into me until I’m lying down on the counter, my hands automatically finding his hair, smoothing and pulling and tugging the strands between my fingers. He pulls my hips against him hard, biting my lips.

I don’t even know what’s happening, what I’m feeling or how far this is going to go. I don’t know if the feeling in my stomach is because I’m really scared or because I’m so . Jongin breaks away briefly and before I know it, he’s taken of his shirt and flung it behind him. I swallow at the sight of toned chest, years of dancing having trained his muscles to show in the most delicious way and there’s a soft trail of hair leading from his belly button to below the waist band of his trousers. I can only imagine what the expression on my face is at this moment in time and Jongin smirks before kissing me again. Only a few moments later I can feel his hands swirling there way under my shirt and cupping the skin normally hidden from him.

“Please,” He whispers, voice cracking, lips speaking against my skin. “Please can I?”

I nod. I don’t even think about it, I don’t think about anything because I know if I allow my brain to take over I’ll make myself stop all of this. And I don’t want to stop, I just want him. All of him.

Slowly, he s the buttons on my shirt, seemingly savouring the moment, before gently pulling it from my shoulders. He stands there for a moment, his lips slowly while his eyes rake over the part of me he’s never seen before. He my bra strap as if it’s melted chocolate and then his finger raises to my chin, catching my lips in a mind-blowing kiss. One of his arms goes around my waist, lifting the top half of my body off the counter and against his chest. My legs link around his waist and my arms do the same around his neck and he pushes me against his chest harder, wanting to feel as much skin as possible while we kiss, driving each other crazy.

Eventually though he pulls away, breathing heavily. His eyes are a familiar warm brown and as they look at me I get a sense the he feels almost ashamed.

“Well I uh guess I kind of lost control a bit there,” He scratches his head and his cheeks flush red. I get off the counter and go and give him a hug. Immediately his arms wrap around me.

“Don’t ever leave me.” He whispers.

“I won’t.” I say.

It’s as simple as that.

“Now you really must have worked up an appetite,” I grin. Jongin rolls his eyes.

“Why are you so concerned with my eating habits?”

“Because I care about you!” I sigh, exasperated. “Come on if I hadn’t eaten all day you probably wouldn’t even talk to me.”

“I’d stuff the food down your throat.”

“Well if that’s what it takes…”

“Fine fine fine. Just let me finish this dance move and I’ll eat with you.”

“Finally!” I punch the air. He smiles and kisses my nose. I go to pick up my shirt and then decide to wear Jongin’s instead. “You see how much it took just to get you to eat?”

“We can make it a routine in future if you like,” Jongin winks at me from the mirror. I see his eyes sweep over his t-shirt appreciatively.

“In your dreams darling,” I go over to his laptop and check my email. There’s still no message from Yunho regarding the accomadation. Maybe he’s forgotten.

“How comes you keep checking your email?” Jongin asks, already breathless from the dancing he’s gone back to doing.

“I’m just waiting for some notes on a project from my friend,” I say quickly. “I have some leftovers in my fridge in my apartment, be right back!”

I open the door to my apartment and grab the container out of the fridge. It’s just vegetable noodles, nothing special, but then again Jongin doesn’t seem to hungry enough to care about what he’s eating. I close the door of my apartment and then lean against the wood. All I have to do is let my mind wander to that heated moment me and Jongin had shared for the butterflies to attack my stomach painfully. I wonder what would have happened if he hadn’t stopped. I like to think I would have eventually come to my sense, but I’m not even sure.

I lock the door of my apartment and then step back into Jongin’s.

“I’ve got it!” I say, automatically looking up at the mirror. But Jongin’s not dancing anymore. Instead he’s seated on the sofa, staring at his laptop. At the sound of my voice, he looks up and his face is full of hurt and confusion.

“What the hell is this?” He says in a voice that is dangerously quiet.

My eyes go over to the laptop, a clenching feeling in my stomach. I move closer and see that an email has popped up on the screen.

 

Hey Ara,

 

Here’s a link to the hotel I was thinking of. My Uncle said he can get us a good discount so check the link and tell me what you think. I hope you like it, if not I can always find something else! I want to find you the perfect hotel. Let me know so I can make a reservation.

 

From Yunho.

 

 

--------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry this took so long! College really is kicking my and I've been ill T_T I hope you enjoy this long update and I shall update again soon! <3 Thanks so much for your comments I love to read them!