31-- Fazed

Who Are You?

The next morning, I’m in that comfortable warm state that usually happens when I fall asleep in Jongin’s arms. Waking up is like trying to swim to the surface of a swimming pool but I eventually manage it.

The first glance I get is of a tanned chest, inches from my face. I feel the heavy presence of Jongin’s arm slung over my waist and the slight breeze on my hair as he breathes in and out.

I move back slightly so I can tilt my chin and look at him. Jongin shifts around and murmurs something in his sleep, pulling me closer against his body. Now we’re face to face and I wait to see if he’s going to wake up, but with a sigh, he stays under the covers of sleep.

With his eyes closed, the dark shadows around his eyes are more pronounced and I let my fingers drift around them, wishing I could wipe them away. His face seems slimmer, his cheek slopes steeply to meet his jaw line, and I can feel the hard edge of his cheek bone. His lips are still as full as ever, a little swollen like they always are in the mornings. Leaning in, I press a soft kiss on his lips, nudging them softly so they fit perfectly with mine. Just as I’m about to pull away, Jongin’s lips slowly come to life and he kisses me back, long and slow until my hearts racing. He makes no effort to speed up the kisses or increase the heat, it’s like he’s savouring the moment, as if we’ve got all the time in the world. Our noses brush against each other like mini soft kisses and I feel a gentle tug as he twirls a strand of my hair.

Eventually we break away and there’s a lazy smirk on Jongin’s face.

“That was a nice way to wake me up,” He says sleepily. “Can I use your alarm services every day?”

“I barely manage to make it to college on time as it is,” I snort, sitting up, “I highly doubt I would make it at all if I had to come and get you in the mornings too.”

“I guess you’re right,” Jongin sits up slowly, carefully not to disturb his injured arm, and leans in to whisper in my ear, “I’d make you forget college even existed.”

“You think so highly of your seduction techniques,” I roll my eyes and stand up. “Ah I bet I look atrocious right now,”

I hold up a spoon and try to make sense of my reflection. There’s a muffled thump as Jongin throws himself back on the bed.

“You’re so annoying,” He exclaims suddenly.

“Ouch,” I say, moving to stand in the light so I can see my reflection better, “That almost hurt.”

“I’m being serious,” He whines, putting a pillow over his face. “Why are you like this?”

“Like what?”

“Sometimes I can say stuff and your cheeks will go all red and you’ll fiddle with your hair and get all worked up. And other times I’ll say things and it’s like it had not the slightest affect on you at all.”

I stop trying to see my reflection and look over at Jongin. He’s got the pillow over his eyes; hiding his face which I’m sure is bright red. I snort and burst into peals of laughter, bending over and clutching my stomach.

“Oh look at you,” I say, wiping my eyes, “Look at how adorably insecure you are.”

“Stop,” His voice is muffled behind the pillow, “Stop laughing at me it’s not funny.”

“It’s hilarious,” I sit down on the bed and tug the pillow away from his blushing face. He immediately closes his eyes as if that will stop me from seeing him.

“You’re actually so cute,” I squidge his cheeks together until his lips pucker out, “Look at my Jonginnie being all adorable.”

“Stop torturing me before I call security and get them to kick you the hell out,”

“Like you’d ever do that to me,” I bend down and nuzzle our noses together. Jongin pushes my face away just as I’m about to kiss him and turns his head to the side stubbornly.

“Oh really? It’s like that?” I laugh softly to myself and kneel beside him, putting my face inches away from his ear.

“Yes it’s like that…” He beings sternly, turning around, but soon loses his thread of thought when he sees our faces so close together.

“Hey,” I whisper.

“Hey,” He breathes, biting his lip hard in anticipation of the kiss. I tilt my head back, just out of his reach and he sighs with impatience. I feel a of satisfaction in my stomach; this is how I felt all those weeks when he refused to kiss me.

The difference between me and Jongin is that even if I want something so bad I could cry, I’ll always sit and wait for it to be offered to me before taking it. Jongin on the other hand sees something that catches his eye and immediately has to have it. Whereas before, when he wouldn’t kiss me, I use to let the frustrations bubble in my mind without taking action, Jongin is not willing to play that game.

When he realizes that I’m not going to give in so easily, he gives a sigh that’s half exasperation and half pity. Manoeuvring himself so that his injured arm is at an angle where it won’t get hurt, Jongin clamps his other arm around my waist and pulls me down on top of him.

Without any chance to prepare, I suddenly find myself pressed against Jongin’s chest, his skin hot under my finger tips, with barely a pause before he’s attacking my lips. There’s none of that slow and sensual essence of before with the good morning kiss; this is the complete opposite; white hot infatuation that needs to be relieved, that causes nips at my bottom lip, hands tangled in my hair muffled groans into each kiss, until I’m pushing myself up and off his chest muttering, ‘Enough stop now,’ brushing my hair out of my face and walking over to the corner of the room to calm down.

“This is what happens when you try and beat me at my own game,” Jongin sighs in a sing-song voice, rolling over on to his side to smirk at me. The confidence is back in his voice now that he’s reduced me to a disorientated wreck. “Cheeks red, hair messy, now that’s what I like to see.”

“Shut up before I…”

“Before you what? I could quite do with another round if you’re offering,” Jongin bites his lip and nudges his head towards the bed with a wink.

I throw a spoon at his head just as the door opens.

A nurse bustles in with a tray rattling behind her.

“Ah it’s good to see you’re awake,” She rubs her hands together briskly; “It’s time to eat now so you can take your medications afterwards.”

“What’s on offer,” I ask, peering into the big china bowl in the centre of the tray. I’m satisfied to see there are at least four different vegetables swimming around in the pot.

“Vegetable stew,” The nurse replies, dishing out a bowlful for Jongin, “Packed full of all the nutrients you’ll need for a speedy recovery. So you had better eat every single bit.

Even I gulp at the nurse’s stern voice. Jongin blinks at her with wide eyes and gives a slow nod. He takes one look at all the vegetables in the bowl and throws himself back on the bed with a disgusted groan.

“Jongin doesn’t like vegetables,” I say with an evil laugh.

“Well then Jongin won’t be going home then,” The nurse says cheerfully. She moves round to the heart monitor and prints out a sheet with the press of the button.

“Hmmm,” She frowns at the sheet, lifting her glasses up, “Your heart seems to be all over the place today. There’s moments where it’s beating steadily and then it’ll rapidly increase. These kinds of traces are normally associated with nervousness.” She peers closely at Jongin, “Have you been nervous today Mr Kim?”

My eyes slide over to Jongin’s but he refuses to look at me, his cheeks blushing with a furious red colour.

“N-No I haven’t been nervous at all,”

I look down at the floor, hiding a smile.

Even though Jongin likes to act like he isn’t fazed by a couple of kisses, his heart rate is most certainly telling a different story.

------------

A/N: Here is a short update that I wrote when I came home from work! I've missed writing Ara and Jongin (what's their ship name?!) moments so I had to write some and also I've made it to 1000 subscribers! I screamed so loud when I saw it that my Mum came running in thinking something bad had happened (-_-'). Hello to all my new subscribers, thank you for choosing this story and supporting it even though you've had to read quite a lot to catch up. Hello to my old subscribers and thank you so much for sticking around and motivating me with your funny (I'm talking freaking HILARIOUS) comments. We've still got a hell of a long way to before the end of the fanfic so don't get too comfortable thinking everything's okay now...

When does anything stay happy for long in this fan fiction anyway? 

You should know me by now ;)