3-- Wait

Who Are You?

“You’re more trouble than you’re worth you know,” Jongin sighed impatiently as I locked the apartment door.

“Oh really,” I paused, “‘Cause I can always just go back inside if you-”

“Don’t think so,” And grabbing my wrist, he tugged me down the hallway and down the stairs.

We burst out into the cool night air laughing. I tried to pause to catch my breath but Jongin kept a grip on my wrist and continued pulling me along down the street.

The street lights illuminated our pathway. The streets were quite deserted until we ducked under the chain link fence and stepped out into the town.

“So where are we going anyway,” I asked as we stood before a busy road, waiting to cross. Jongin kept his eyes focused on the road, waiting for a gap in the traffic but he snorted.

“I should be asking you that,” He said, quickly dashing to the other side of the road, still dragging me along.

“You know, I managed to walk without being dragged before you arrived so I don’t see why this is taking place right now.” I grumbled, rubbing my sore wrist. “And if you’re going to hold it, it could at least be done gently.”

“What like this?” He took my hand, opened it up and gently threaded his fingers in the spaces between mine. My eyes widened in shock and without thinking, I tore my hand away.

“Y-yah fool, what do you think you’re doing it?” I stammered. Jongin put on a thinking face and put a finger to his cheek.

“I believe they call it ‘holding hands’ these days?”

“Why do you want to hold my hand?”

Jongin shrugged,

“I need some method of pulling you down the street. You walk too slowly.”

“No I don’t! And what’s the rush anyway?”

“Wasn’t it you that said they have college tomorrow morning?”

“So do you!”

Jongin sighed heavily,

“Which is why I’m rushing! Are all your thought process this slow or is it just an act to look cute for me,” He poked my cheek.

“Poke my cheek again and see if the finger returns,” I warned, “And don’t flatter yourself, looking cute for you certainly isn’t on my list of priorities.”

“Yeah yeah come on I want to play some games,” Jongin jogged on ahead, this time without taking my hand, leaving me forced to run after him.

We entered an arcade. It was right beside the sea so the breeze wrapped itself around us, making me shiver. Jongin glanced over at me and then tugged the zip down on his jacket.

“Here,” He it towards me.

“No that’s okay I’m fine,” I waved my hands and stepped away. Jongin tutted.

“Don’t get the wrong idea, I’m only giving it to you in case you get ill and try and blame me.” He sniffed, “I won’t have time for that sort of nonsense.”

“Won’t you be cold?” I said, hesitantly taking the jacket.

“There are too many layers of muscle between me and the wind,” He winked. Taking the jacket off me, he stepped behind me and slipped it through my arms. I could feel his breath tickling my cheek as he leant behind me to do up the zip and his hands on my neck as he fixed the hood.

“There,” He said. Stepping in front of me again, he looked me up and down, “Cute,” he tweaked my cheek.

“Stop treating me like a baby!” I said, but he had already disappeared into the arcade. I looked down. His jacket was black like the rest of his clothes, with a metal zip. It carried his scent as if Jongin himself had wrapped himself around my shoulders. That thought was enough to make my cheeks flame red and I ducked my head just as Jongin turned around.

“You haven’t even moved,” He whined, pouting his lips. He grabbed my wrist. “And then you wonder why we have to hold hands,”

“This isn’t holding hands; this is a death like clamp!” I protested as he hauled me over to the coin machine.

First of all we changed our notes into coins so we’d be able to play on the machines. Then we went over to the coin machine. Here, you had to push coins into the slot at the right moment so that, if you were lucky, they would knock more coins over, which you could collect. The ledge on which the coins stood moved back and forth.

Jongin stood beside me as I held the coin poised, waiting to push it in at the right moment.

“Do it now,” He said. I ignored him. He nudged me. I tutted. He tried to move my hand. I batted him away. “Hurry up, you’re missing the perfect chance! Do it now. Now. Now! Do it-”

“I’m going to strangle you now if you don’t shut up,” I said calmly. Finally the perfect moment came and I released the coin.

It went spiralling down into the machine and came to a rest on the ledge. We both held our breath as the ledge moved backwards. Our coin pushed against the wall of the machine and the other coins and just at that moment when it looked like nothing would happen, one of the coins fell into the box below, and a shower of coins followed afterwards.

I jumped up, shrieking and Jongin punched the air. We clasped hands and jumped around in circles, shouting, “We won! We won! We won!”

Jongin held open my bag while I scooped the coins in, counting as we went along.

“We can buy something to eat after we’ve finished in here,” I said happily. Jongin’s eyes shone at the mention of food. Such a boy.

We continued through the arcade, playing various games but we didn’t have that amount of luck again. Jongin got sidetracked by a video driving game and refused to leave until he completed the course at 1st place.

“It’s obviously not meant to be,” I sighed, crossing my arms and leaning tiredly against the machine.

“It is meant to be!” Jongin snapped, “Shush, you don’t understand anything about video games!”

“Okay okay,” I held my hands up in surrender and decided to just let him get on with it.

By the eighth try I was not willing to let him get on with it.

Bending down on the pretext of tying my shoe lace, I quickly flipped the switch on the machine to the off position. The game powered down and Jongin’s eyes widened as he sat back in shock.

“What happened?!” He said. I stood up quickly but he must have noticed the look on my face.

“What did you do?” He said slowly.

“Nothing,” I said casually, looking at him innocently. Narrowing his eyes, he bent down to look at the switch.

I took that as my chance to make a hasty departure.

“I’m going to kill you,” Jongin roared, beginning to chase after me.

The sounds and sights of the arcade turned into a blur as I ran for my life, laughing desperately. I ran out of the arcade, and instead of running in the direction of home, I ran straight along the sand of the beach. In an instant, Jongin closed the gap between us and grabbed me around the waist.

Flinging me down on the sand, his hands attacked my sides, tickling me all over.

“Murder! Murder!” I shrieked, while I tried to twist out of his grip, laughter making me weak and helpless. Jongin sat down on my knees so he could tickle me better.

“Say Kim Jongin is the best!” He demanded.

“Never!”

“Say it!” He dug his fingers into my stomach.

“NEVER!” I screamed. “You’ll have to kill me first!”

“That can be arranged.” He clamped his hand over my nose and mouth, making it impossible for me to breath. I banged my fist on the sand and tried to kick my legs. One of my legs caught him in a kick and he rolled over onto the sand in pain. Without thinking, I sat on his lap, one leg on either side and tried to tickle him.

“Get off,” He said. Not laughing.

“Say I’m the best first,” I demanded panting.

“I’m serious, get off me Ara,”

“Nope not until you say I’m the best!”

Catching both my hands in his, he pulled my sharply until I was lying across his chest, our faces inches apart. My breath caught in my throat and all I could do was stare at him, completely frozen. He looked at me intently, his lips open slightly.

“Do you remember what gender I am?” He asked softly.

“A-a boy,” I stumbled.

“So if a girl throws herself on a boys lap,” His eyes slid down to my lips, “What do you think is going to happen?” I gulped. He pulled me down a bit more until there could have only been one particle of air between us. “So would you like to get off now?”

I nodded quickly, still staring at him with wide eyes. He released my hands. I jumped up off his lap and turned away, brushing my clothes down. My heart was beating so hard it was almost painful. I turned back. Jongin was sitting cross legged in the sand, contemplating me.

“I wouldn’t have minded you know,” He said softly, “Kissing you.”

I looked away again.

“Hey,” He stood up and nudged my arm. We started to walk home. “Don’t make this awkward now. Girls throw themselves at me every day.”

“Oh please!” I scoffed, returning to my usual self. “You’re the one who couldn’t control yourself.”

“I didn’t kiss you did I? That shows great control!”

“So what stopped you then?” I asked bravely. “Why didn’t you kiss me?”

“It wasn’t the right moment,” He said simply. He looked at me, smiling softly. “And with you, I want there to be a moment. The most perfect one.”

“But why? We’ve only just met. How do you know I’m someone you want to have a moment with?”

“I don’t know that,” Jongin shrugged. “For all I know in the future you could turn out to be a .” He dodged out of the way of my slap, “But right now all I know is that I want to have a perfect moment with you. You tease me and come out with all these sharp comebacks when I tease you, instead of trying to act all cute. You brought me pork dumplings when I moved in and now you’re here, with me, at four o clock in the morning when you have college in a few hours, just so we can have some fun.  These things are telling me you might just be someone special.”

We were back at our block of apartments. I stepped inside and we walked up the stairs.

“How do I know you’re not just saying these things so we can sleep together?” I frowned.

“Because right now I’m not asking for .” We paused outside my apartment door. “I’m not asking to come inside. I’m not asking for a kiss, hey, I’m not even asking for a goodnight hug.” He sighed and placed his hands on my shoulders. His eyes searched mine. “When you look at me right now. Is your heart thinking ‘This guy wants me for ’?”

 I looked at him.

The honest answer was no.

“Exactly. So if in there,” He tapped my chest, “Can trust me. Then why can’t up here,” He tapped my head, “Give me that same trust.”

“Because up here,” I tapped my own head, “Is telling me that we’ve only just met. It’s going to take time Jongin. If you blow me off to sleep with another girl, can you honestly blame me for thinking that you only want ? I don’t trust people overnight. You have to be prepared to wait.”

“Which is exactly what I’m saying,” Jongin said. “I could have kissed you earlier on but I didn’t. I’m telling you I’m prepared to wait. I will gain your trust the old fashioned way. All I’m asking is for you not to take away our chance because I messed up one time. If you give me a chance, I will prove to you I’m worth it.”

I considered him. He held my gaze, steady and unfaltering.

“Fine,” I said, “You have a chance.”

“I won’t mess it up,” He smiled. “I promise.”

---------------

What did you guys think of this latest update? I love writing this fan fiction, I have so many ideas that I think of while I'm out and I write them all down on my phone! Thank you for commenting and subscribing, I hope you continue to support and enjoy this fan fiction ^_^

Oh yeah that reminds me...

I START WRITING A FANFICTION IN WHICH KAI'S HAIR IS BROWN AND THEN I FIND OUT HE'S GONE AND DYED IT BLONDE.

NOW MY DESCRIPTION IS INVALID.

That is all.