14-- Available

Who Are You?

“Stay with you?” I say in disbelief, “You want me to sleep with you?”

“I want you to sleep in my bed with me,” He corrects, “Nothing else.”

“But Jongin,” I put my hands to my hair, flustered, “This is so random...why? I don’t understand.”

“So don’t understand then, there’s no need to understand.  I don’t understand why the only thing that’s in my mind right now is making sure that you,” His voice drops to a whisper, “are the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning.”

“Jongin-”

My words stop right in my throat when Jongin places a finger on my lips. His gaze drops down to them and his mouth puckers.

Shh.

His eyes hit mine again.

He cannot be doing this to me.

As we stare at each other I feel as if I’m stepping into something different as if things are changing right before my eyes.

“If you don’t want to come then don’t say it,” Jongin says softly, letting his finger slide from my lips and to my neck, “I’ll be in my room waiting. Okay?”

“Okay,” I whisper nodding slightly.

He nods once, satisfied, and then steps backwards, keeping his eyes on me the whole time until he turns to go into his apartment.

I close my apartment door and then looking at the wood for a few seconds. Saja patters around my feet, worried about my lack of movement.

“This is crazy,” I whisper to myself shakily. And I repeat it whilst I change into a white t-shirt and shorts, while I brush out my hair, while I go into the bathroom and wash my face.

This is so crazy.

I finally turn off my television and the lights, open my apartment door and shoo Saja out into the hallway.

On second thoughts I pick up a blanket from my closet.

Then I close my door.

I look at his apartment door and really wonder if I’m about to do this. I’ve never slept in a boy’s bed before, and with Jongin, who knows what could happen.

Okay that won’t happen.

I’m not ready for that to happen.

Taking a deep, I knock on his door.

There’s a pause in which I hear Saja snuffling to himself and then the door opens.

He’s changed his grey vest top for a fresh one but his hair is still messy and the look in his eyes is still the same.

“You’re coming?” He says in a low voice, leaning against the door way.

“I’m here aren’t I?”

We look at each other steadily.

Then he smirks, grabs my arm and pulls me into his apartment.

 

“I thought we could watch a movie,” He says, stretching.

That sounds safe,

“Okay sounds good to me,” I shrug.

I follow Jongin in to his bedroom and Saja shuffles after us. When he sees Jongin’s great big bed he leaps up, settles himself at the end and curls up into a furry ball.

“Well good night then Saja,” I say, ruffling him between his ears.

The lighting in Jongin’s room is dim as the main lights are switched off; only a lamp lights up the room.

I can feel how tense I am, standing there fiddling with my t-shirt while I watch him press buttons on the remote. It’s all so unexpected that my mind hasn’t had chance to catch up to what I’m doing.

I don’t even know what I’m doing.

What even is this?

I decide it will be whatever I want it to be. Being all tense and awkward all night is going to achieve nothing but humiliation and if that’s the case, I might as well turn around and go home.

I throw myself on the bed on my stomach,

"So where's the popcorn?"

Jongin raises his eyebrows, obviously amused at my sudden change in personality.

"Popcorn?"

"Well if you're going to disrupt my evening then the least you can do is feed me," I huff.

"Disrupt your evening? Oh please, I just made your evening. You don't get these kinds of offers every day," He winks

"How do you know?"

He opens his mouth to say something but then closes it and turns abruptly and turns back to the TV.

As the opening credits play, he disappears out of the room to go and get snacks, switching the lamp off as he goes. I take this time to sit cross legged on the bed and drape the blanket over my knees.

It's a sleep over; just treat it as a sleep over.

Jongin comes back with a bowl in his hand, which he sets on the floor before getting into bed. He gets right under the covers, rests the bowl on his lap, takes on look at me and says,

"What are you doing down there?"

"What do you mean?

"Why don't you come up here? I don't bite...unless you want me to," He bites his lip and gives an exaggerated wink.

"Such a cheese ball," I roll my eyes and turn back to the movie.

The bed creaks and there's a small thud as Jongin places the bowl on the floor. Then suddenly arms are wrapping themselves around my waist and tugging me backwards until my back hits the headboard.

I turn to look at him.

He holds out the bowl with an innocent look on his face.

"Popcorn?"

Deciding to just let him get away with that little manoeuvre, I scoop out a handful and go back to watching the movie.

It's a romantic comedy about a daughter who hates her Mother in law and they got to all kinds of trouble just to annoy each other. We're about fifteen minutes into the movie when I realise how restless Jongin is.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see he's sitting with his head resting against the wall while his fingers tap tap away at his bottom lip.

"Aren't you enjoying the movie?" I say finally.

"I am, I am. Why do you ask that?"

"You seem kind of restless," I shrug.

“No I’m not,” He glances over at me, “You should get under the covers.”

“It’s cool, I’m okay here.”

 I go to take another scoop of popcorn but before it reaches my mouth, Jongin clasps my hand to halt the movement. There's a half smile on his face as he gently opens my palm to let the popcorn fall back out into the bowl.

"Get under the covers please," He says softly.

Looking at him carefully, I slowly get off the bed, pull back the covers and slid into them.

Jongin pulls the cover down over the both of us. The butterflies in my stomach are so hard it's painful and they increase as he rolls onto his side, his face somehow finding it's way to my neck.

"Jongin," I say and as if in response his face pushes deeper to my neck. He slings an arm around my waist to bring me closer.

"Mmm?"

“Can I ask what you’re doing?”

He isn’t even kissing my neck, he’s just nuzzling his nose into it and I can feel his warm breath on my skin.

“I’m just getting comfortable,” He mumbles. One of his legs tangles with mine. I’m getting tingles all throughout my body as if my finger’s in an electric socket. I roll on to my side to try and tell him to stop but that manoeuvre brings us closer together. Now we’re lying down facing each other, faces so close I can feel his nose brushing against mine.

“Mmm I like this position better,” He says softly. One of his arms is still over my waist and I feel gentle tugging as his hand plays with my hair.

“You know the best secrets are often told in the dark at night.” I say.

“Okay so tell me a secret then.”

Do you know how intimate it is to have a conversation with someone when your faces are mere inches apart?

“Okay well…” I think hard, “You know on the night that the attack happened? Earlier on in the day I came to college and on the way to the library I saw you dancing,”

I hear him laugh softly,

“I knew it was you. I could have sworn I saw your hair in the doorway as you unsuccessfully tried to hide.”

“Yah it was successful, if I hadn’t told you then you’d have never have known,”

“No you just would never have known that I already knew. Aha I got you there,” He grins.

“Stop laughing at me,” I commanded, reaching out to squish his cheeks together. He reaches out to catch one of my hands and then presses my finger against his lips, before linking our fingers together.

“Now it’s your turn to tell me a secret,” I smile. I’m touched by his little gesture.

“My turn to tell you a secret hmm,” He sighs thoughtfully. “Okay I have one. I have a secret to tell you,”

My heart starts to beat fast and I swallow,

“Okay go ahead.”

Jongin lets go of my finger and instead reaches up to tuck my hair behind my ear.

“One day last week I was in the dance studio and this guy came up to me and he…”

“And he..?” I press when he stops talking.

“He asked if you were available,” He says quietly, “You know, for a date.”

My eyes widen; I did not expect him to say this.

“And you said?”

He doesn’t say anything for a while, only smoothes my hair behind my ear while looking at every inch of my face, his dark eyes flashing over every feature. Finally in a quiet but firm voice he says,

“No. I told him no, you weren’t available. I wasn’t going to tell you at first because I thought maybe you’d be angry that I said that. But then you agreed to stay with me tonight…”

"Is that why you asked me to stay tonight? Because you wanted to know if I'd be angry?'

Jongin sighs and pulls me to his chest until all I can smell is cologne and his unique scent.

"No that's not why I asked, that's not what I wanted," He mumbles, burying his face into my hair. He sounds so sad. "I just want you."

He fixes the covers over us and comes down till our faces are level again. Then he tilts his face up and presses his lips to my forehead. I close my eyes at the softness and fullness of them. When I open my eyes there's a small smile on his face,

"Good night Ara,"

"Good night Jongin," I whisper. I place my hand on his cheek and his eyes close at my touch. I let my finger slide down the bridge of his nose, trace round the corner of his lips and up his cheek bone. Finally my fingers drift down his jaw line, so sculptured and smooth.

We fall asleep with our forehead and noses touching, legs intertwined and arms round each other.

I wake up at various points throughout the night and it takes me a while to realise where I am and whose arms I'm in. Each time I look over he's fast asleep, breathing deeply and steadily.

One time I wake up and I'm on my side facing away from Jongin but he's spooning me. His mouth is delivering kisses to my shoulder and neck, quick hot kisses. He tugs the neck line of my t-shirt down so he can kiss every inch of skin he can.

I roll on to my back, wanting to kiss him, needing his lips that are currently assaulting my skin to switch to my mouth. I catch the dark murky look in his face and he bites his lip hard while looking at me. He puts an arm either side of my head, the muscles sloping out under his tanned skin and then he dips his head down and drags his lips up my neck and to my ear, leaving a trail of hot breath. His plump lips coax every nerve ending out from under my skin, making me shiver.

He kisses my shoulder lazily, his mouth making smooch sounds until he falls asleep again, mid kiss, his lips still parted against my skin.

Throughout that night, he never kisses my lips.

And I never ask him why.

I just lie there, looking over at him and the vulnerable way he sleep, realising I’m falling for him.

-------------

A/N: Writing this chapter gave me soo manyy feels! Your comments for the last chapter made me laugh SO HARD! Seriously people were dying and falling off chairs all over the place, it was so funny to read your reactions! Please continue to comment, subscribe and upvote! Thanks guys <3