12-- Kissable

Who Are You?

 "He's okay,"

I look up from my desk to see Sehun.

"Luhan," He adds, "He's okay."

"Really?" I gasp. "That's great, how did you find out?"

"I just spoke to Kris about it," He goes to sit on the table, but slides into a seat when the librarian narrows her eyes, "He woke up yesterday and apparently today he's been talking a bit. The doctor says he has a bit of internal bleeding and a broken arm but he should be completely okay soon."

"That's really great Sehun. I'm really glad to hear it,"

I'm genuinely relieved. These past couple of days the boys had been walking around like ghosts, barely smiling or laughing. Sehun especially seemed to have instantly lost weight since he heard the news of his best friend’s accident.

Now some of the colour seems to have returned to his cheeks and the worried crease in his eyebrows has smoothed out.

"I'm really glad Sehun" I say, squeezing his hand. He smiles, and ducks his head, nodding happily.

"I just wish we had enough money together to see them all," He says softly, fiddling with a bracelet on his hand.

Don't worry Sehun, I'm working on it.

"Ah Kai said to meet him in the dance studio after your lesson," Sehun said standing up.

"Oh okay, did he say why?"

"Well we normally practice today and sometimes the others come and sit with us and stuff," He shrugged. "Maybe that's what's happening."

I'd never pass an opportunity to watch Jongin dance.

"That sounds cool. If you see him before me tell him I'll be there."

Sehun nods.

I look down at my notes again, trying to coordinate my thoughts on this essay. After a while I realise Sehun’s still standing there, fiddling with his bracelet.

“Uh Ara, can I ask you something?”

“Of course, go ahead.” I encourage.

As soon as he starts I know where this is going:

“Well uh I was just wondering you know your friend..”

“Sujin?”

A red blush spreads across his cheeks at the mention of her name.

“Y-yeah her,” He stops and takes a deep breath, “Do you know if she has…do you know if maybe she’s-”

“She’s not seeing anyone Sehun,” I say gently, “She doesn’t have a boyfriend right now.”

“Really?” It comes out as a gust of relief. He puffs his cheeks out and mumbles to himself that’s good that’s good.

“Why?” I ask.

“Oh n-nothing. N-nothing at all.” Sehun scratches the back of his neck, “Just a friend was asking that’s all.”

“Oh really?” I raised my eyebrows. “Which friend?”

“H-huh?” Sehun looks at me wide eyed before looking away, his face turning a deeper shade of red. “N-no one. You don’t know them.”

Huh, this guy isn’t fooling anyone.

“Okay then,” I shrug, deciding to put him out of his misery. “But that friend should know that Sujin’s a popular girl so he shouldn’t waste any time before asking her out,” I look up at him innocently. “You know, before someone else does.”

“Before someone else does?” Sehun whispers, horrified. He runs a hand through his hair. “I need to go and do it now- I MEAN I need to go and tell that guy to go and do it. Before someone else does. I’ll catch you later Ara!”

And with that, he dashes out of the library, his blonde head bobbing between the shelves.

 

“So tell me again how you’re going to buy six Chinese…

“Two of them are Korean.”

“…boys plane tickets to come to Korea without their best friends finding out. Plus the fact that you don’t even know them, plus the other fact that you have no contact information for them and plus the fact that Kai lives opposite you. Secrecy isn’t exactly going to be easy.”

“Okay when you put it like that it sounds pretty impossible.” I sigh.

“That’s because it is Ara! Look,” Sujin places her hand on top of mine, “I really think you should just tell the boys about your wealth. They’re bound to find out sometime.”

I sip my milkshake in silence.

“Listen,” She tries again, “I know you’re reluctant to trust people because of-”

“It’s not that I don’t trust them,” I say quickly; partly because it’s true and partly because I didn’t want to hear the end of her sentence. “But it’s a big deal. I mean, they all think I’m this normal girl who lives in a normal apartment with a normal amount of money. How can I suddenly tell them I’m worth millions?”

“So what are you planning to do then? How will you tell them eventually? The longer you drag this out the harder it will be!”

“Alright Sujin, I know I know. I was hoping I’d be able to maybe just drop it in there after I bring their friends over from China. I thought maybe it would get lost in all the excitement” I hang my head meekly at the look she’s giving me

“Oh really? So you were going to be like: ‘It’s great that you guys can all catch up together, oh by the way I actually have a six figure number chilling in my bank account’. Was that the plan? Is that what you’re telling me?”

“You’re not helping,” I snarl. Sujin looks at me and then sighs heavily.

“Okay okay. Okay if you don’t want to tell them then that’s your business. I will support your decision. So what’s the plan?”

“Ah now you’re talking,” I grin, nudging her arm. “Okay so the main problem I have is getting the contact information. But then I figured you could probably get Luhan’s number for me.”

Me?” Sujin frowns in disbelief. “How the hell could I get it? In case you forgot, I don’t know the guy either!”

“Sehun,” I say impatiently, “You can get it off Sehun.”

“S-Sehun?” Suhin blushes red and averts her eyes. “I don’t know what you’re tal-”

“Save your soppy little denials for later on,” I dismiss, waving her words away with my hand. “All you need to do is somehow get Luhan’s number and give it to me without Sehun knowing. I’ll deal with the rest.”

“Why can’t you secretly get it off Kai?”

“It’ll be easier to get it off Sehun since Luhan’s his best friend.” I say. “Just think of something. I know you’ll think of a great idea!”

“Yeah yeah hold the flattery,” She rolls her eyes, “I’ll think of something okay?”

I throw my arms around her and squeeze her tight.

“Thank you thank you thank you! You’re the best!”

“I know I know,” Sujin grins. She stands up and tosses her milkshake in the bin. “I need to nip to the library to return a book so I’ll meet you at the dance studio okay?”

“Alright then,” I say. “Don’t be too long, don’t keep Sehunnie waiting!”

“Ugh annoying brat,” I hear her say as she continues up the stairs to the library.

I walk down the performing arts hallway. Music is pumping again and I get a sense of De ja vu as I peer around the door to the dance studio.

Jongin’s dancing alone again. I lean back against the doorway and enjoy the show. He’s dancing with the same intensity and passion as before and it’s just as captivating. His body twists and turns and rolls effortlessly and the different expressions on his face show how confident he is, how much he knows that he has your attention on his every movement. Like before, I don’t do anything to reveal I’m watching him. I’m afraid that if I do, I’ll break his confident spell and insecure Jongin will make an appearance.

As the music draws to a close, he closes his eyes and stands there chest heaving. His hair is messy and the taut black t-shirt he wears exposes his collarbones, glistening with sweat.

Then he opens his eyes and with no hint of surprise, looks directly at me.

He knew I was watching the whole time.

Raising an eyebrow slightly, he brings a hand up and beckons me over.

I walk slowly towards him, unable to look away from his eyes which have such a talent of holding every inch of my attention.

When I am only a few steps away from him, Jongin steps forward, scoops an arm around my waist and pulls me hard against his body.

My eyes widen and my breath catches at his sudden close proximity. He’s still breathing heavily and the warm air from his mouth washes over me, causing my cheeks to flush. His eyes are lidded, making his gaze even more seductive and powerful.

“Jongin…” I whisper.

He brings a finger to his lips,

“Shh,”

He drags the finger down his lips and my eyes are drawn to them. Soft and full, the absolute definition of bee-stung. These are the lips that he plays with when he’s uncertain about something, the lips that can stretch easily in to a killer smile, lips that pout when he’s tired. Lips that look to me the most kissable thing in this world right now.

“So,” He breathes. His arm is still clenched around my waist and my hands are pressed against his chest, under which I can feel his heart beat. “This is the mood I’m in when I’ve just finished dancing.” He his head to the side slightly, “Are you sure you can handle me?”

His tongue darts out to his top lip and my eyes follow every movement. A slight crease appears in his cheek as he smirks, happy with himself that he has the ability to take away my ability to speak.

Distantly I hear footsteps and loud voices approaching the dance studio. Jongin my cheek, leaving a sensation that makes it feel like he’s left scorch marks against my skin, before stepping away, shrugging regretfully as if to say what can you do?

The boys enter the dance studio. All of them seemed to have perked up and I guess it’s due to the news of Luhan’s recovery. Chanyeol comes and slings an arm around my shoulder in greeting and Suho gives me a sweet smile.

“Have you been dancing Ara?” Baekhyun questions, “You’re looking a little breathless.”

“O-Oh am I?” I stammer, “It’s probably because I ran up the stairs.”

“Ah that happy to see us right?” Chanyeol laughs.

“Yeah yeah of course,” I roll my eyes.

I quickly glance over at Jongin.

His sitting down with his knees up, head leaning against the wall, surveying me through amused eyes. When he sees me looking, the smirk appears on his lips again.

Are you sure you can handle me?

 

-----------------

(My poster seems to have gone walkabouts O_o)

Wooo! Thanks for your comments, upvotes and for subscribing! See you on Tuesday for the next update homieees <3