Chapter 15

Is it a goodbye?

Changmin take Donghae to the sickbay and the school’s nurse take care of him.

“How is he, nurse?” asked Younha.

“He’s just fine. His arm only had a little bruise. Nothing to worry,” the nurse answered.

“Thank god. Hmm, Changmin, thank you for helping Donghae. I don’tknow what to do if you’re not there,” said Younha.

“That’s OK. What’s friend are for right?” said Changmin.

“Thanks Changmin,” Donghae thanking Changmin after the nurse giving treatment to him. “I thought I’m going to miss Younha’s birthday party tomorrow,” he said.

“Ah..don’t miss my party Changmin. I’ll be waiting for you. And.. you can bring your girl..if you like,” said Younha with a slow voice.

“She’ll be there..and I want to make up with her”

“I’d like to meet her..you’re so mean for not introducing your girl to me..” said Younha.

“Well...hmm..I need to go now. Take care of Donghae, Younha. He’ll be just fine if you’re with her,” said Changmin. Then, he leaves them.

“Younha, are you hurt by that fall?” Suddenly Donghae asked after Changmin left them.

“I’m fine! And not hurt at all. Thanks to you. Thanks for saving me,”

“Yeah, I’m glad I was there. At the right place, on the right time,” said Donghae.

“Ow..you’re making me blushing..haha,” Younha blush a bit in her laugh.

“I would like to protect you for the rest of my life,” said Donghae romantically.

“Huh..Um..I think I’ve got to go now. Well..don’t forget to come tomorrow but don’t push yourselves..See ya!” Younha leaves the room and Donghae watching her as she leaves.

In the classroom, everyone had heard the incident.

“Changmin! Is it true Younha been pushed by a girl down the stair?” Yoo Chun held Changmin uniform.

“Yeah, but she’s fine. Donghae saved her,” Changmin answered.

“I heard that girl had been caught by teacher. She’s been jealous to Younha coz Donghae always with her. Looks like a Donghae’s crazy fan,” said Yoo Chun. “By the way, you’re going to Younha’s birthday party tomorrow, right? I’ll go with you by car, Ok?”

“Ah. That’s OK. I’ll go by foot,” said Changmin.

The next day, Changmin get ready to go to Younha’s birthday party. He already wrapped the necklace that he bought the other day. It’s about 10 minutes walk to arrive to Younha’s house.

“Changmin! You’re here! Come on, I can’t wait to eat. I’m starving!” Yoo Chun grabs Changmin’s hand.

“Where’s Younha? Changmin asked.

“There she is. In front of that table,” Yoo Chun pointed his finger to Younha who’s with Donghae.

“Oh..” Suddenly someone tickles Changmin from the back.

“Yah! You startled me!”

“Haha...sorry Changmin! I don’t like your long face. I just want you to smile,” said Tae Hee.

“Tae Hee, I don’t know that you’re so beautiful,” said Yoo Chun with an impress expression on his face.

“Hey, You’re the one who’s not noticing me,”

“Yeah, because you only talk to this tall guy,”

“That’s because you’re not making the first move, idiot”

“Why do I need to make the first move?”

“Because you’re a man!,”

“Oh..but..”

“Yah.Yah..stop it. Everyone is watching,” Changmin place his hands on both of their shoulders make them stop arguing.

“I think we should start singing birthday song to this beautiful birthday girl,”

Everyone sing birthday song to Younha. “Sengil chukhahamnida!” Younha cut the cake and everyone applause. Changmin take out his present from his pocket. He wants to give that present to Younha.

“I’m going to give my present to her,” said Changmin.

“Go, man!” Yoo Chun is supporting him.

“She’ll gonna love it! Go for it!” Tae Hee is supporting him too.

“Yah..you two should be a couple,” said Changmin.

Changmin move his step but he stop when he saw Donghae is taking out a box. Donghae open the box and it containing a beautiful necklace. Younha looks surprise. Donghae took out the necklace and put it on Younha. Everyone is clapping. Yoo Chun and Tae Hee watch Changmin is gripping his present. Changmin turn back.

“Changmin! Stop! Where are you going?” Yoo Chun grabs Changmin’s arm. “You’re not going to give her your present? You’re going to leave this party without telling her?”

“I think my present worthless compared to Donghae’s..”

“Don’t say that Changmin...” said Tae Hee.

“Changmin..at least..please don’t leave this party. And..why don’t you sing to her like you always do during her birthday,” said Yoo Chun. Changmin remain quiet. He looks at Yoo Chun and shook his head.

A few minutes later..

“Everyone, my friend is going to perform that he always did before. You’ll not regretting to see him performing. Please everybody..Shim Changmin!” Yoo Chun announcing like an emcee. Everyone put their eyes on Changmin. Changmin walk to the front with a guitar in his hand. Younha watch him from a distance.

“Actually I don’t prepare this properly. Right now, I can only think about this song. I hope you’re enjoying it,”

Changmin starts playing the guitar as an intro of the song.

***************************

Are you beside me?

My enthusiasm has been slowly dented

We were at peace always but..didn’t see the tragedy coming

I gather the little fragments of love

Once twice and repeatedly

 

I just simply long to see you

And my tear fall because of this.... My love!

The night drifted...and I convey a sigh

Please stay with me....

 

I will endure this however it’s bluntly impossible

Because sometimes what you express differs from what is reality

You didn’t hear me exclaim my pride but my dream does not end in here

Once twice do I have to explain

 

If I say I want to meet you..will it hurt us again?

I’m crying because of you... My love

If we were to pass each other it will be much-loved

Please stay with me

 

I want to know more

I want to hear your voice

I’m crying and confuse

Am I really weak?

 

I just simply long to see you and my tears fall because of this.. My love

The night drifted and I convey a sigh

Please stay with me...

 

If I say I want to meet you..will it hurt us again?

I’m crying because of you... My love

If we were to pass each other it will be much-loved

Please stay with me......

***************

Changmin end his song and people give him a great applause. Changmin looks down the floor. His eyes become glassy. He took a deep breath.

“Yah..sorry to sing a sad song but I can only remember this lyrics pretty well and I sing it from my heart..” Changmin take a slight peek to Younha. “Well, then..thank you. I’ll take my leave,” said Changmin.

“Changmin!” Younha calls Changmin.

“Yeah, birthday girl?” Changmin smiled.

“You....you’re going back already?”

“I’m afraid..yes...Younha..maybe this is nothing, but I’d like you to have it,” Changmin took out his present and give it to Younha. “Today is a good memory of us. I really appreciated it. Thank you for inviting me.” Changmin rubs Younha’s hair gently. Then, Changmin left the party.

“I can feel it...you’re that ‘Changmin’...

 

P/S: new chapter! Comment please...or gimme an opinion or idea