Chapter 13

Is it a goodbye?

Changmin lay on a bench under a tree in the park. He stares at the blue sky and become very sleepy and after awhile he fall asleep. He sleeps for a few minutes and then he felt someone is shaking his body.  Changmin opens his eyes and a cute boy is beside him.

“Changmin! Why are you sleeping at here? Come on! Teacher will scold you if she sees you here during the class time!”

“Huh? What? isn’t this boy is Yoo Chun? Wait the minute..I’m a...kid?” Changmin looks at his body and realizes he looks 10 years younger which is a kindergarten kid.

Kid Changmin and kid Yoo Chun run towards the class. In the class, Changmin sees kid Younha is sitting on her place alone. Even when he sees kid Younha, Changmin is attracted to her.

“Hey, Changmin! Wanna play video games and eat sweets at my house after this? I have new video games,” Yoo Chun is asking Changmin to come over to his house to play.

“Not now Yoo Chun. I have something important to do now,” said Changmin. Yoo Chun is scratching his head hearing that answer.

Changmin walks toward Younha and greets her.

“Yo Younha! Why are you alone?” said Changmin.

“Huh? Weird kid,” Younha whispered.

“Hmm..looks like I’m greeting her not the usual kid do...” Changmin is thinking. “Ah..wanna play with me? I’m boring,” Changmin tried again. Younha didn’t answer him. Instead, she only stares at him.

“I’ll play with you. If you give me some delicious candies,” she answers after awhile.

“Candies?..Wait here,” Changmin looks for Yoo Chun who is colouring his colouring book.

“Hey, Yoo Chun! Do you have some candies? Can you give me some?” asked Changmin.

“Huh? I think I have some. Here it is. You can have it,” Yoo Chun handed some candies to Changmin.

“Thanks, Yoo Chun! You are a very reliable friend since we are kindergarten,” said Changmin, then he left Yoo Chun. Yoo Chun is scratching his head again.

Before Changmin reaches Younha, 3 boys stop him.

“What these 3 twerps want from me..” Changmin is whispering to himself.

“Hey, I saw you got candies from Yoo Chun. Give them to me!” said one of the boys who looks like Xiah Junsu.

“No way!,”

They are trying to take the candies from Changmin. Changmin tried to fight back but seems like he couldn’t because he’s only a kid and there are three of them.

“What are you doing!” Suddenly a voice was heard. It’s Younha.

“Uh Oh! Looks like Younha’s going to help me,” said Changmin.

“Hey, shut up Younha! Mind your own business!” said that boy.

“You always bully him and other kids. You should behave yourself Junsu! Or I’m going to tell teacher about you,” said Younha.

“What do I care!” Junsu pushes Younha and she falls.

“Hey, twerp! Why did you push her? You wanna taste my fist?” Changmin is mad. He holds Junsu collar. Junsu looks surprised.

“Wh..what? I..I just want your candies!”

“Scram! You won’t get any!” Changmin pushes Junsu. Junsu falls.

“Waaa...I’ll tell my mommy about this,” Junsu cries and run away. The other two follow him.

“Are you OK, Younha?”

“I’m OK...wow, I never saw anyone who are brave enough to do something like that to Junsu,” said Younha. “I never like the way he treat other kids.” She added.

“Well..here’s your candies. So, can I be your friend now? Can we play together?” said Changmin.

“Oh...thanks..Changmin,” Younha smiled.

“Now, I’ll protect you from now on,” said Changmin.

“Whoa! This candy is really good! Huh? Did you say something?” Younha is eating the candy that Changmin gave to her.

 “Haha...nothing,” Changmin is blushing.

“Come on! Let’s play tag with Yoo Chun!” Younha grabs Changmin’s hand and run.

“Younha..since this moment I’m looking after you and since this moment my feeling toward you become deeper,” Changmin whispers to himself.

Changmin looks at Younha and his sight becomes blur and black out. He heard someone is calling his name. Changmin opens his eyes.

“Changmin!”

“Huh? What..?” Changmin rubs his eyes. He saw Younha.

“Are you an angel?” Changmin asked.

“What? Hello? Are you awake?” Younha slaps Changmin’s cheek lightly.

“Huh? Younha? Oh..! I thought I was dreaming,” Changmin scratches his head.

“Haha..you always sleeps here. You said to me this bench is your second bed,” said Younha.

“Ah..hahaha..What are you doing here?”

“Just taking a walk and I saw you sleeping here,” Younha answers.

“Say...do you remember..How you and I become friends? I’m..just asking,” said Changmin.

“Well..you suddenly came to me and said want to play with me. But I won’t play with you unless you bring me some candies. Then, you give me some candies but you got into a little fight when you want to give them to me. You surprised me when you manage to make that Junsu kid cries..haha..I wonder what is he doing now,” Younha smiled flashing back his memories. “Maybe you not remember about this but I’m so glad I meet you Changmin. You’re..my best friend,” she added.

“Well..if you felt that way..so am I. Although I don’t really know you much now,” said  Changmin. Younha looks at Changmin with a sour smile. Then, she looks away.

“Changmin, you and Tae Hee..looks so close..is there anything going on between you two..” Younha is blushing a bit.

“What? Tae Hee? No..no..there’s nothing going on between us. We are just friends. Not like you and Donghae,” Changmin answered.

“N..no! me and Donghae are just friends! Don’t get it wrong!.” Said Younha.

“Hmm..Wanna go home now?” Changmin asked. Younha nodded.

They walk together. They decide to separate their way at a junction. Changmin waves at Younha. When she crosses the road, Younha forgot to look her left and right side before crossing. A car almost hit her. Younha screams. Changmin shocked seeing that situation. He immediately grabs Younha’s arm and take her to the roadside.

“What are you doing?! If you wanna cross the road, be careful! That car almost hits you! You almost give me a heart attack! You always make me worried! If anything bad happens to you, I’m not going to forgive myself!” Changmin raises his voice to Younha. Younha couldn’t say anything to Changmin. She stares at Changmin with glassy eyes.

“Next time please be careful. Come, I walk you home. I’m sorry I raised my voice,” Changmin grabs her hand and walk her home. He holds Younha’s hand tightly as he wouldn’t want it to let go of her hand. They reaches Younha’s house.

“Take a rest. Next time you should ride a car instead of walking. You are a rich girl right?” said Changmin.

“I’m not used to it. I like to walk since I friend with you, Changmin. Because I know I’ll be safe with you by my side. The ‘old’ Changmin always held my hand when we crossing road and he walks me home like what you did today,” said Younha with a sour smile on her face.

“Well..I’m sorry if I can’t be the ‘old’ Changmin properly. Maybe someone can replace that position like Donghae. He can take care of you more properly than I am,” said Changmin. “Well then..goodbye,” Changmin left Younha.

“Changmin...is it really a goodbye for me to meet the ‘old’ Changmin again..” Younha is holding her tears.

P/s : Here's the new chapter! Enjoy and comment! Thanks!