Memories

Our Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten days later Saemi was discharged from the hospital and Taemin went to pick her up and then send her home. They entered the house together with Taemin behind her. He put her bag beside the couch.

“Well, I’ll be going now. If you need anything just call me.” Taemin said. Saemi nodded with a small smiled. “Thanks Taemin.”

“No problem. Take care.” He gently caressed Saemi’s cheek with his thumb and stared at her gently. With one last look he left the house.

Saemi slumped down on the seat and heaved a long sighed. She hadn’t seen or contacted L.Joe for more than a week now. Just remembering him, made her heart clenched in pain. She closed her eyes and leaned on the couch. She remembered the pictures that she saw and her lips trembled, her tears threatened to come up to surface.

Deep inside her heart, she didn’t believe that L.Joe would do such thing, but her emotion overwhelmed her and she couldn’t control her emotion. Her emotion believed that L.Joe had betrayed her, the image of him as a playboy before resurface and that made her more convinced that he would do it. She opened her eyes and leaned forward.

She shouldn’t be thinking about L.Joe anymore, she was someone’s fiancée and less than two months she would become someone else’s wife. She supposed to be ready for this sudden arranged marriage, because she already told her parents to do so. This is what she wanted, so she got what she wanted. She shouldn’t oppose to it. It was hard for someone to get her father’s approval, Taemin managed to get his approval, so it must mean that her father really like him.

She shouldn’t disappoint her father… and she would go on with this marriage no matter what happened.

---------------

She opened the door when her doorbell rang, and standing in front of her now were her three brothers. She invited them in and they sat at the living room.

“Would you like something to drink?” Saemi asked to her brothers.

“That would be nice and anything will do.” Himchan said with a bright smiled on his face. Saemi nodded with a small smiled and went to the kitchen. After she was nowhere in sight all of her brothers let out a breath at the same time.

“I hate seeing her like this.” Himchan said slowly with a bitter tone. Sunggyu sighed for the umpteenth time that day. “She’ll eventually get over it when she married to Taemin.”

Sunggyu and Himchan straightened up and cleared their throat casually when Saemi came back to the living room, holding a tray with three glass of apple juice on it. She put the tray on the coffee table and then took a seat beside Himchan.

“What are oppas doing here?” She asked with a slow tone.

“We just came to see how you were doing.” Himchan said, trying to sound cheerful as he could.

“I’m just fine.” She said with her eyes lowered on the floor, her hands clasped together like she was thinking about something, but no one could tell what she was thinking.

“Define fine, Saemi.” Myungsoo asked bluntly. Sunggyu and Himchan eyes widened with their youngest brother bluntness. They always knew that Myungsoo was a straightforward person, but in this kind of situation he should know better. Saemi was weak now, not physically weak, but mentally weak. They knew that she could break down anytime if they said a wrong word.

“I’m fine like this… as you can see…” Saemi voice begun to tremble a bit but they couldn’t read her expression since her hair covered her face. Her clasped hands tightened.

“Saemi you-“

“Myungsoo.” Sunggyu stern voice stopped Myungsoo for saying anything. He heaved an angry sighed and stood up from his seat. He stared at Saemi for a long time and stormed out from the house

“Yah! Myungsoo!” Himchan called him but he ignored it. They heard an angry engine of a car outside and it disappeared in an instant. Fortunately for them, they ride their own car today instead of riding one car together like always.

“I hope you’re not mad with Myungsoo. He-“

“I understand fully Sunggyu oppa, I’m sorry if I made you all worried, angry or sad because of me. I will get through this and I’ll be back on my feet in no time. Don’t worry about me, I’m fine.” Saemi looked up to them and attempted a wide smiled to them. They could only reply to her with a smile of their own.

“You know what the biggest lie a person says?” Kris asked.

“I’m fine…”

------------------

L.Joe stepped out of the bus and started to walk on the street. Today, he took a day off and decided to just walk around to clear his mind. He didn’t even bring his phone with him, he just wanted to be alone for the time being. He walked along the street and looked around him, he didn’t even notice that the city had changed a lot. All this while he was so busy that he didn’t even get the chance to see things around him, now he felt like the place was bigger than he expected.

His feet stopped on his track when he saw a familiar tent and he looked at it with a small smiled.

L.Joe looked in front of him and then looked at Saemi. “Let’s go!” She said cheerfully and about to walk but been held back by L.Joe. He grabbed her arm and she looked at him. “What’s wrong?” She asked. L.Joe eyed the place and then looked back at Saemi. “Are you sure you want to eat here?” He asked.

“Yes. What’s wrong with this place?” She asked.

“Well…” L.Joe scratched the back of his neck.

“Why? You never eat street food before?” She asked and L.Joe kept quiet. Saemi smiled. “Come on. Street food is not that bad. Actually the foods are more delicious than a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter