Heiress

Our Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dinner last night ended well. Sunggyu and Himchan were so happy that Saemi and Taemin spent some time when they went to buy groceries. While Myungsoo kept staring at Saemi because of her dark circles that were more visible than usual. Saemi was glad that Myungsoo didn’t ask about it until dinner ended.

It was morning and her brothers already went to work. They got to make sure that the company was in stable state before Saemi take care of it. They didn’t want their little sister to have too much problem in the new company.

Saemi was sitting on the couch while watching TV. Suddenly the door bell rang few times. Saemi stood up and went to the door. “Who is it?” She asked and opened the door. Instantly she felt regret that she open it.

“Hmm… You suppose to let me answer first then you open the door.” He smiled.

“What are you doing here?” Saemi asked with an annoyed tone.

“Why? I can’t visit my own neighbor?” He wiggled his eyebrows. Saemi rolled her eyes and closed the door but Taemin blocked it with his hand.

“I thought we are okay now.” Taemin said and looked at her, looking oh-so-innocent.

“I was not on my right mind last night. So just forget all about it, okay?” Saemi said and about to close the door but Taemin held on. He knew that he shouldn’t let his chance to be with Saemi go. He wouldn’t give up until Saemi open her heart again for him.

“I need your help.” Taemin said. Saemi stopped pushing the door and looked at him. “Help on what?”

“Can you make me breakfast?” He asked. Saemi stared at him like he just came from another planet. “Are you kidding me?” She asked.

Taemin shook his head. “I am serious.”

“Why so serious?” Saemi asked.

“I haven’t eaten anything yet since I woke up.” He pouted and put his best sad expression he could gather. Saemi glanced at the clock on the wall, it showed 10.00am. “You don’t have any food in your huge house?” Saemi turned to him and asked him.

“I do… but I don’t know how to cook it. So… Please?” He did puppy eyes which seem didn’t affect Saemi at all. “Your puppy eyes won’t work on me because I like cats more. Now go.” She stated emotionlessly and slammed the door shut. This time Taemin didn’t hold it.

“Such a cold heart my princess.” Taemin shook his head with a smiled.

Few minutes later, Saemi door bell rang again. She put down her magazine and walked to the door. She opened it a bit and peeks outside. There was no one outside. She opened the door wider.

“Hello!” Taemin jumped in front of her.

“Ummaya!” Saemi jumped a bit and held her chest. “Yah!” She slapped his arm. “You surprised me!”

“Ouch that hurt.” He rubbed his hurt arm. Saemi calmed her accelerated heart and gave him a look. “What are you still doing here at my house?” She asked.

Taemin lips grew into a smiled. “I just can’t seem to be apart from you.”

Saemi’s heart fluttered a bit but she kept her poker face. “Go back to your house Taemin.” She closed the door but before she could, Taemin said, “I won’t go away unless you make me breakfast.”

Saemi stopped. She remembered how determined Taemin could be. He once went to her house to see her and won’t leave until she let him see her. Even though she told him to leave, he won’t even budge. That was when she was in high school… when she was deeply in love with him…

Before she knew it, she was in the kitchen cooking breakfast for Taemin. He was seating at a high stool at the counter, smiling at the back figure of Saemi. He already imagined Saemi became his wife and cook for him.

While Taemin was imagining things, Saemi put the food on the table. Taemin snapped out from his day dream when he heard a small thud.

“I made pancakes and waffles since I know you have big appetite.” Saemi said. She went to the refrigerator and poured a glass of orange juice for Taemin. She put the drink on the counter. She looked at Taemin and finally realized that he was staring at her with a creepy (cute) smiled on his face.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” She asked.

“I’m just happy that you cook for me.” Taemin said and blinked his eyes.

Saemi rolled her eyes. “You should get a maid.”

“I don’t need a maid.” Taemin said. Saemi was about to argue back but Taemin added, “I need a wife.”

Saemi closed and cleared . “Just eat and then you can go back to your house.”

“You badly want to get rid of me do you?” Taemin asked. Saemi coldly looked at him. “Yes.” She walked away to the living room and the television. Taemin picked up his plates and drink and walked to the living room. He put the food on the table and sat beside Saemi. She stared at him with wide eyes.

“What? It’s boring eating alone.” Taemin shrugged and started to eat his food. Saemi rolled her eyes but didn’t say anything.

They stayed silent like that for a while. Saemi was uneasily shifted on her seat. Even though her eyes were focused on the television screen but her mind wasn’t. She was not really happy that Taemin was sitting beside her.

“I thought we had some kind of understanding last night…” Taemin suddenly said. Saemi furrowed her eyebrows but didn’t look at Taemin. “What are you talking about?”

“You let me hug you and you told me about your feelings.” Taemin said. He didn’t eat anymore and just stared at his food.

“Like I said, I was not on my right mind. I just got lost and confused.” Saemi said.

“Why is it so hard for you to give me a chance Saemi?” Taemin turned to her with a stern looked. Saemi just sighed. “Because I’m afraid you would hurt me again.” She whispered.

Taemin scooted closer to her and held her hand. Saemi heart was beating faster with that touch. She looked at him in the eyes. “Didn’t I promise you before, that I will never hurt you again?”

Saemi stood up from her seat. “We already went our separate ways Taemin. Why did you have to come back?”

Taemin slowly stood up also and went in front of her, gently staring at her. “For you it’s separation, for me it’s waiting.” Saemi looked up at him; she felt butterflies fly freely in her stomach because of his stares and words.

“After you left, I have being waiting for you all this time. Waiting for you to come back, waiting for you to give me a chance and waiting for you to let me love you again. I don’t care if you have another guy, I just don’t want to let you go again.” Taemin said sincerely. Saemi searched his brown eyes. He never failed to make her feel weak to her knees. She could feel that Taemin was sincere with his words. And Saemi was this close to give up and give him the chance.

“Just eat your breakfast and go Taemin. I got to go somewhere later. When you’re done, just put the plates in the sink.” She said with monotone and went upstairs, leaving Taemin standing there. He looked up at the stairs where Saemi just went up to. “When will your heart melt Saemi…?”

--------------

For few days, Saemi didn’t see Taemin. His house was quiet as well. She started to wonder where Taemin went. Did he already give up on her? Pushing the thoughts away, Saemi went downstairs, wearing a black dress and white coat. Her brothers were waiting for her at the living room. When they saw her they stood up. Himchan looked at her with a smiled. “You look gorgeous dongsaeng! You grow up into a beautiful woman. I’m so proud.” Himchan wiped imaginary tears away.

Saemi giggled and shook her head. Sunggyu walked to her. “So, are you ready to be introducing as the heiress of Royal Gold Hotel?”

Saemi her lips nervously. “I think so…”

“Don’t be so nervous Saemi. We’ll be here for another week to help you.” Myungsoo patted her shoulder gently and she seemed to calm down a bit.

“Well, let’s go!” Sunggyu said excitedly. They went out from the house and went to Sunggyu’s car. He started the engine and drive to the company.

They arrived at the company few minutes later. They entered the building and every worker that saw the three brothers will bow to them. Saemi tried hard not to awe over the huge building and the beautiful interior. This was the first time she went to her father’s company in Korea, and this company will be hers when her brothers announced about her.

They went inside the elevator and Sunggyu pushed the 10th floor button. When the door closed, Saemi finally let out her breath and her shoulders slumped.

“Have you been holding your breath all this time?” Myungsoo asked and Saemi honestly nodded. “I am so nervous! What if they don’t like me? This is the first time that they will get a female CEO.”

“Of course they will like you Saemi-ah! You’re loveable and charismatic when serious… I can say scary too though.” Himchan said but muttered the last words. Saemi heard him and slapped his arm hardly.

“Ouch! That really hurt!” Himchan rubbed his arm. Sunggyu and Myungsoo laughed.

“Oh… I forgot to tell you that CEO from other companies that we cooperated with come as well.” Sunggyu reminded. Saemi eyes widened. “Now you tell me! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?!” She shouted and bit her thumbnail. She started to feel more nervous now.

“One more thing, do you know that you’re not going to take care of the hotel only, but you are going to take care of chalets and guest houses also here in Korea.” Myungsoo reminded. Saemi stared at him but then she sighed. She leaned on the cold metal and put a palm on her forehead. “I’m getting a headache already.”

“Don’t worry you’ll get use to it.” Himchan patted her head with a bright smiled. Saemi sighed again. They arrived at the 10th floor and walked straight to the meeting room. They stopped at the big double door.

“Ready?” Sunggyu asked Saemi. She inhaled deeply and exhaled loudly.

“So not ladylike.” Himchan muttered. Saemi was so nervous that she didn’t argue back.

“It’s now or never. Come on, straighten your shoulders, held up your chin.” Myungsoo straightened her shoulders and lifted up her chin a bit with his finger.

“Okay. I’m ready.” Saemi said. Sunggyu led the way and the worker opened the door for them. Himchan followed after Sunggyu. Myungsoo patted Saemi’s shoulder and went inside. She heard her brothers talked about the new CEO and she waited for her brothers to say her name. When Sunggyu said her name, she walked inside and the noble men clapped their hands.

Saemi bowed and smiled to them. “Anneyonghaseyo, I’m Kim Saemi. I will be the new CEO for Royal Gold Hotel. I’m looking forward to work with all of you, hope you give me your cooperation.”

All of them clapped their hands and nodded in satisfaction by Saemi professional way. Saemi looked at each face of the CEOs that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter