Another Chance... and Him

Our Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been three days and L.Joe didn't show up to the café anymore. Jinyoung and Suzi badly wanted to know what happened the other day but didn't dare to ask. Saemi and Daehyun became awfully quiet. Saemi didn't smile anymore and Daehyun always avoided everyone.

The time showed 5.00pm and the café has a few customers inside.

“Thank you and please come again.” Saemi bowed 90 degree to the customer with a small smiled. She straightened up and her eyes widened at the five customers in front of her. She knew them, she met them at the party and they were… L.Joe’s friends.

“Saemi-ssi, can we talk to you for a while?” CAP asked. Saemi blinked and her face showed no emotion at all. “I’m sorry but I’m working right now.” She said.

“We know you are trying to avoid us but please just hear us out.” Chunji tried to persuade her this time.

“If this is about L.Joe I don’t want to hear a thing.” Saemi stated coldly.

“But noona-“ Ricky started but been cut off by Saemi. “I said no.” She turned around to leave when someone grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the café. She gave a little yelped when she was being dragged. Chunji let go of her wrist when they were out of the café. Saemi stared at him bewilderedly. Chunji shrugged. “You were being stubborn and I got no choice but to drag you out.”

“What do you guys want from me? L.Joe already told me everything and I stick to my decision.” Saemi said firmly.

“We know you hate him now for what he did. But you can’t blame him alone for what had happened, we are to blame too. We’re the one who suggest about the bet. But we can assure you now that he realizes what you meant to him. He really fell in love with you.” CAP said. Saemi eyes flickered in surprised of what CAP said.

“This is the first time we ever saw him serious with a girl. And even though he had many girls around him but you were the first girl he brought to a company party. He never brought any of his girls to a company party before. That time we could already sense that he already fell for you and cares for you.” Chunji added.

“Please give him a chance noona. He is miserable right now. He didn't come to work, we went to his mansion and his penthouse but he was not there. He didn't even pick up the phone for the past three days. Someone saw him at a club yesterday but when we reach there he was already gone.” Changjo let out a heavy sighed. Saemi was quiet all the time when they told her about this. She was deep in her thought and she couldn’t deny that she was worried about L.Joe when she heard what they said.

“Will you give another chance to him?” Niel peered at her face. Her head was lowered and her fringe covered her face. After for about two minutes she finally lifted up her face. “I…” She started and everyone leaned in to hear what she said. “I… I’ll think about it.” She said. All of them let out a breath.

“Okay… we give you time to think about it. If you hear any news about L.Joe, tell us right away.” CAP said. Saemi nodded absentmindedly. They bade goodbyes and went to their cars. Saemi went back inside with a heavy sighed.

-------------------

It was past midnight and Saemi was sitting on the couch at the living room, staring blankly at the television. There was no news about L.Joe whatsoever. She didn't even try to call L.Joe. She sighed and switched off the television. She got up from the couch and headed upstairs. Just when her foot set on the first step, there was loud knocks on the door. She halted and looked at the front door. Whoever the person was banging the door loudly. Saemi furrowed her eyebrow. Who the hell came to her house at 1.45am and banged on her door.

She took careful steps towards the door. When she held the doorknob the banging stopped. Still curious about it she slowly opened the door. Suddenly a body fell on her and she fell on her with a little yelped.“Yah! Get of off me or I’ll call the police! HEL-“

“I’m sorry…” The person whispered. Saemi stopped her screaming and her eyes widened in recognition of the voice.

“B-Byunghun?” She whispered. L.Joe slowly lifted up his head from her shoulder and drowsily looked at Saemi. “It is you… Where had you been? Your friends are worried about you.” Saemi said gently. She could smell the reek of alcohol from his breath.

“I’m sorry…” He repeated the words. Saemi softened. “I know… Come on let’s bring you to the couch.” Saemi said and helped L.Joe to stand up. Fortunately for her L.Joe is a lot lighter than she thought. She made L.Joe sat on the couch and instantly he lay down on the couch, with his head resting on the arm rest. Saemi stared at him gently for a while and then walked to the kitchen. Suddenly she felt something held her back. She looked down and saw L.Joe was holding her wrist.

“Byunghun let go-“

“Don’t go…” L.Joe looked up at her. Saemi looked into his warm brown eyes. Her heart ached in pain to see L.Joe like this. His friends were right. L.Joe was miserable. “I’m just going to the kitchen.”

“No… Don’t go… Please don’t leave me… Stay…” L.Joe whispered. Saemi softened. With L.Joe hand still tightly holding her hand, she bent down in front of L.Joe and sat there. They stared at each other for a while. Neither of them speaks a word.

“I’m sorry…” He whispered the words for the umpteenth time. Saemi swept his bangs to the side and stared at him gently. “You said that already.”

“I know… and I will keep repeating it until you forgive me. What should I do for you to forgive me? What should I do for you to give me another chance? I will do anything for you to get your trust again. I… I love you Saemi” L.Joe confessed. Saemi eyes widened by his sudden confession. Her heart skipped a beat and she could feel her blood went up to her face and she blush a bit.

“You will do anything for me?” She asked and L.Joe nodded like a little kid. Saemi smiled a little. “For now I just want you to sleep and rest. Okay?” Saemi asked and L.Joe nodded once again. After that Saemi helped L.Joe stood up to go upstairs. She opened the second bedroom. Fortunately she already set up the bed because her brother would come in less than two weeks. L.Joe slumped on the bed, his eyes were closed indicating that he already fell asleep. Saemi shook her head with a smile. She took off L.Joe’s jacket and put it in a laundry basket. Then she took off L.Joe’s shoes. She pulled the blanket over L.Joe and set his head comfortably on the pillow. He snuggled into the pillow more.

She stared gently at him. “I’m sorry Saemi…” He murmured in his sleep. She bent down in front of the bed and looked at his perfect figure, his high cheekbones and his sharp nose. No wonder girls fell to his feet.

“I’m sorry too Byunghun… for making you miserable like this.”

------------------

L.Joe snapped opened his eyes and instantly he winced because of a headache. He looked around the unfamiliar surroundings. This was not definitely his house and it was too cozy to be a hotel. He sat up and realized he only wear his white shirt. His red jacket was nowhere to be found. He looked down from the bed and saw a pair of slippers. He slipped them on and went to the bathroom, he was surprised to see a toothbrush with a note saying “Use this Byunghun. Your breath reeks with alcohol.” He raised an eyebrow at the note. He tried to figure out whose house is this. His friends except for his family called him L.Joe. Other than his family was…. His eyes widened. “I couldn’t be at her house, would I?”He thought to himself.

He quickly brushed his teeth and washed his face. After he finished, he went out from the bedroom and went downstairs. The smell of pancakes and butter filled the air. Unconsciously L.Joe stomach growled in hunger. He slowly walked to the kitchen and peeked inside. He saw a figure at the kitchen cooking something. He didn’t move and kept watching her in silence. She turned around and his eyes widened, his heart begins to race just looking at the girl.

Saemi looked up and saw L.Joe at the doorway. She smiled and waved him over. L.Joe was still stunned. Is this reality or was he dreaming? Did Saemi really smiled at him and was he really in her house? If this was a dream he never wanted to wake up. “What are you doing there Byunghun? Come here and eat.” She smiled at him. Slowly he walked to the counter and sat at the high stool. Saemi was humming a tune and she poured a ginger tea into L.Joe’s cup.

“Dig in.” She said and sat in front of him. She started to cut her pancakes but she noticed L.Joe didn’t move and kept staring at her.

“Is there something on my face? Why are you looking at me like that?” She asked.

“Please tell me this is not a dream.” L.Joe whispered.

Saemi looked confused. “Huh?”

“Are you really in front of me now? Are you really smiling at me and talking to me?” L.Joe asked. A panic expression was clearly visible on his handsome face. Saemi softened. L.Joe thought that this was a dream; he thought Saemi was not in front of him.

Saemi held his hand which was on the counter and gave it a soft squeezed. “You’re not dreaming. I am real and you are in my house right now.” Saemi assured him.

L.Joe looked down on his hand where Saemi held. He blinked and stared at their hands. But much of his disappointment Saemi pulled away her hand too soon. He slightly pouted and looked at Saemi. She was eating her pancakes and everything looked absolutely normal. “I’m not dreaming right? This is real?” L.Joe asked.

Saemi sighed. “Yes this is real. Do I have to kiss you for you to believe it?”

L.Joe eyes glistened mischievously. “Well if you insist…” He leaned over with puckered lips and closed his eyes. Saemi leaned back and poked a pancake with a fork.

She shoved it on L.Joe’s face and he leaned back with a pouted. “I take back my words. Now eat.” She ordered and drinks her milk. L.Joe obediently did what she said and started eating.

He glanced at the clock. “Shouldn't you be at work now?” He asked.

Saemi shrugged. “I have to take a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter