Part 8

Road Trip

a/n: One more part. (I’m sorry, it’s 3:26 in the morning and I’m too dizzy to edit/proofread properly.)

 

—–

 

Somehow it never felt right anymore when they didn’t end the day at their favourite spot by the Eiffel Tower, and it was a delight for Tiffany to know that Taeyeon felt the same way.

As soon as she hopped on the moped, right after she had wrapped her arms around the other girl’s waist, Taeyeon had took off towards the familiar direction, making her smile instantly.

And the whole time they were cruising smoothly on the streets, Taeyeon’s hand never left hers.

“Hold on tight, okay?” The other girl had told her while she drove with one hand. “Don’t let go.”

“I won’t.”

 

—–

 

“This sandwich is really good… and tastes awfully familiar.”

She ignored Taeyeon’s soft chuckle and continued munching on her dinner, relishing on the familiar taste. Tiffany was sure she had tasted it before, but going back to all the times she had eaten Taeyeon’s exceptional cooking, she was at a lost.

“Of course. It’s the one we ate on the truck.”

That’s right, she thought, nodding. Now she remembered.

“How come you never make this often? I really like it.”

“You do?”

Tiffany nodded, finally looking at Taeyeon with a happy smile.

“Then I’ll make it more often from now on.”

Both finished almost at the same time, with Taeyeon keeping the empty containers in the backpack she was hauling around as soon as she had taken her last bite. They drank from the same bottle, which the shorter girl also threw away when they were done.

When she got back from the trash bin, Tiffany watched her offer her hand with a smile.

“Let’s go for a walk.”

 

—–

 

Somewhere in between the comfortable chatter and the relaxing walk, Tiffany had found herself taking refuge on a park bench while she rubbed her calf muscles.

She blamed the countless hours of standing on heels while she was at the party, and she couldn’t be grateful enough that Taeyeon had brought her some sneakers to change into.

“You okay?”

Tiffany heard Taeyeon’s chuckle and the next thing she knew, the shorter girl was already squatted in front of her, giving her legs a soft massage.

There were times when Tiffany would just look at Taeyeon (just like now) and she wouldn’t think of anything else, other than how lucky she was.

Here she was, sitting like a princess on a bench, in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, getting a massage from the most amazing girl she had ever met in her entire life. It was funny how she almost didn’t meet her because of her stubbornness.

But sure enough, the few months they’ve spent together had been her happiest, and she was more than adamant on prolonging that.

If she could have forever, then she’d take it without a second thought.

“Feeling okay now?”

Tiffany nodded, her eyes smiling as Taeyeon looked up at her with a grin that made her chin dimple look more prominent.

“Good. You should rest a bit more before we head back home.”

The short girl plopped beside her and Tiffany’s head automatically took rest on her shoulder as her hand instinctively went to interlace with the other.

They were breathing in sync and it was enough to make her heart soar.

 

—–

 

Tiffany felt Taeyeon shift a bit, sitting a bit higher for her to lean more comfortably. She snuggled further when the other stopped moving and nuzzled her nose on the pale neck, breathing in before giving the smooth skin a soft peck.

“Are you cold?”

She furrowed her eyebrows at the sudden question and shook her head. “No, not really. Why?”

“Your lips are cold. Come here.”

Tiffany wasn’t cold, really, but Taeyeon still drew her in, pressed their sides even closer like they weren’t close enough before drawing her lips in between her own, kissing her chastely. She could feel Taeyeon smiling against her lips and it made her smile too.

“Your nose is cold too,” the other girl said, their lips still pressed.

Before she could respond, the short girl kissed her again, deeper this time, nibbling on her lips, tasting her lip gloss.

Their foreheads met when they broke apart for some air.

“Do you have any idea what you’re doing to me?” The other girl suddenly asked and it made Tiffany smile.

“I have a slight idea,” she even teased, but her teasing couldn’t hide the growing blush on her cheeks.

She opened her eyes and found Taeyeon looking at her just as intensely.

“You make me feel like I’m the happiest person in the world.”

Tiffany shifted when Taeyeon moved to stand, giggling when the latter gave her a peck on the forehead before walking away. She watched her walk backwards, stopping a few feet away from her.

The little chef was now facing the bright tower, wearing a smile Tiffany hadn’t seen before.

“What are you doing—”

“I’m here in this beautiful city, standing in front of the Eiffel Tower, but you make me feel like everything wouldn’t be as wonderful without you.”

And then Taeyeon yelled.

“Paris is nothing without Tiffany Hwang!” She said, cupping her hands around as she screamed at the top of her lungs, as if shouting at the sky. “Hear that?! Vous n’êtes rien!

The unexpected act threw Tiffany off, made her laugh and made her feel embarrassed all at the same time. She wanted to hurl something at the smaller girl to make her stop, but she was too busy laughing and clapping.

Thankfully, the other stopped just in time before she could throw a shoe on her head.

Taeyeon chuckled as she looked back at her, her gaze softening instantly when their eyes met.

Tiffany shook her head, amused. “Why are you standing all the way over there?” She called out, finally feeling weird about the distance.

The short girl kept her eyes at her, her gaze looking more and more intense.

And then Taeyeon opened .

“Because I love you.”

Tiffany was speechless. And she wasn’t sure if it was because of the sudden confession or because it didn’t really answer her question. It didn’t make any sense.

“I love you, Tiffany Hwang,” Taeyeon repeated, louder than the first.

But somehow Tiffany knew that already.

She felt it every day whenever she wakes up and finds breakfast already set on the table, or when Taeyeon would look at her like she was the only one she was seeing. She knew it because Tiffany loved her too, and though she couldn’t cook to save her life, there was no one else in the world she’d want to look at other than Taeyeon, too.

She wanted to say something but she ended up just opening and closing like a fish out of water, and it might have looked really comical because the shorter girl suddenly chuckled. So she just shut and looked at her, waited for her to continue.

“I need to be far from you because… Whenever you’re near me, I,” Taeyeon continued then, sighing, “I can’t seem to think properly… You confuse me. You make me feel things—good things, wonderful things, weir d things, everything! But… I don’t want this to be just that. I want to be sure about this.”

Tiffany was still but deep inside she was anything but. Her heart was raging and she was feeling everything from the ends of her hair to the tips of her toes.

Suddenly, she felt so open and vulnerable, immobile while Taeyeon pulled and yanked at her heart strings.

 

———

———

 

Taeyeon breathed in and held the air in her lungs for a second before breathing out, easing out the tension that had been gnawing at her ever since she started to speak.

She hadn’t plan on confessing tonight, but she was glad that she did. Everything felt so much lighter as soon as she told Tiffany that she loved her.

All those months they’ve spent together had suddenly made sense, even more than ever, and Taeyeon knew exactly why.

“I know this is love,” she said, still standing a considerable distance away, “And I want this to be love. Because what else could it be, right? I miss you when we’re not together, and it’s silly cause we live in the same apartment. And then when you’re actually with me, you drive me insane because I always had to restrain myself from wanting you too much. These past few months have been the best, and I don’t think I’d survive this night without telling you how much I love you and how much I still want to be with you for many more months to come.”

Taeyeon’s shoulder sagged as she breathed out, again, her heart not only light, but soaring.

She looked at Tiffany and saw her smiling widely despite the tears that were trickling down her reddening cheeks.

“So just stay there and let me—”

“How do you expect me to stay here when you’re being like that?”

Taeyeon blinked and the next thing she knew, Tiffany was already in front of her, wiping her tears with the back of hand, panting as she took long hurried strides to reach her.

“I love you too,” Tiffany suddenly said, “and I’d prefer it more if you’re here in my arms when I say that because then I could kiss you as soon as I—”

Tiffany was too close and was talking too much, and Taeyeon didn’t wait for her to say anything anymore. The other girl had already said the words and they were enough to set Taeyeon’s heart on fire, enough to send her flying towards the latter.

She heard Tiffany half giggled and half sighed when she pressed her lips against hers, and she thought, while she welcomed the eager girl’s warm kisses, that this was only the beginning of another journey.

 

—–

 

*Vous n’êtes rien! – You are nothing!