Heart break

which way?

Yuri hurried to go home to start everything that she planned for days. Yes, today finally she has the courage to confessed to Taeyeon. She has made the photo album of their friendship, prepare the flower, the place, and the promise ring. She pour her heart to do the preparation.

All that she need to do now is calling Taeyeon to meet her. Just before she pressed the call button, her phone ringing and the caller shows Taeyeon. Yuri feels happy about this coincidence. Just by hearing Taeyeon's voice could make her happy.

“Hello, Baby Taeng.” Yuri answered the phone happily. “Baby Yul, are you busy? Can I come to your house? I need to discuss something.” Taeyeon asked seriously. Yuri furrowed her brow. Why does Taeyeon sound troubled? Did I do something wrong? Maybe I should postponed the confession? But everything have been prepared.. Hmm, Let’s think about it later.

“I’m free Baby Taeng. Is there something wrong? You can come now, I have something to say too.” Yuri feel giddy remembering her confession plan. Taeyeon sighed in relief when her friend agreed to her visit. She can’t wait anymore to share this to someone. “Alright, I’ll go now. See you soon.” Taeyeon disconnect her phone and come back inside her room to change her clothes.

She saw Jessica still sleep soundly and peacefully. She sit on the edge of the bed and Jessica’s hair and face gently. She smile when Jessica instinctively scoot closer to her hand. She could feel her heart beating faster and butterfly in her stomatch when she see Jessica. She knows what it means, she just wants to make sure by discussing it with Yuri. Yuri always knew what to do when she is at loss.

She continue to Jessica’s hair and whisper,”I’m sorry I can’t give you a direct answer, Love. I’m confused and scared. Thank you for giving me time. I know I love you but I don’t know if I’m ready for relationship or not. Wait for me, please. Don’t leave me.” She then lean forward and kiss Jessica’s forehead.

She get up from the bed and sit on the study chair. She left a note for Jessica telling her about her whereabout. She stick it on the table lamp and getting ready to go out. When she is ready, she look at Jessica once again and then walk out.

When Jessica hear the door being closed, she open her eyes. Actually she has been awake when Taeyeon her hair the first time. She wants to open her eyes but decided to pretending asleep when Taeyeon whisper her feeling. Jessica smile and promise her self that she won’t give up and will wait patiently. She won’t give up, not when Taeyeon has said she love her. Jessica buried her face on the pillow and continue her sleep while inhaling Taeyeon’s scent.

After the call disconnected, Yuri go to the kitchen and prepare a hot chocolate. She knows there’s something troubling Taeyeon and hot chocolate always help her ease the feeling. Yuri stir the cup while thinking.

What would be bothering her? She was alright in the campus just now, her parents always called her at night time so it’s not a family problem. So the problem happened when she go home with Jessica. Is she wants to talk about Jessica?

Before Yuri could think any further, her door bell ring signaling Taeyeon has come. She open the door for her dear friend and greet her with a bear hug. “Welcome, Baby Taeng. Sit in the living room, I will get you hot chocolate.”

Taeyeon return the hug and feel touched for her friend’s hospitality. She loosen the embrace and go to the living room while Yuri go to the kitchen. Not long, Yuri appeared bringing her chocolate and sit beside her. She thanking Yuri and sipped the beverage. Yuri only look at her patiently, giving her all the time in the world to prepare her self.

When Taeyeon has composed her self, she put the cup on the table and clear . She look at Yuri and start telling the problem. “ Baby Yul, I want to ask your advice.” Yuri nodded her head and signaling Taeyeon to continue.

“Hmm.. You know me inside out, right? You know how my family is and my trauma to a relationship.” Yuri feel insecurity creeping inside her heart. Her hunch was right, it is about Jessica and there is possibility Jessica confessed her feeling to Taeyeon, giving Taeyeon talk about her trauma. Yuri’s expression slowly become stiff but she nodded her head once again silently.

“Jessica confessed to me just now. I don’t know who else I could ask for advice, what should I do Baby Yul?” Yuri could feel her heart tightened. She look at Taeyeon carefully, looking for any possibility that Taeyeon doesn’t feel the same way but all that she could see is Taeyeon’s shy smile and rosy cheeks.

Yuri could feel her heart cracked. She closed her eyes and exhale loudly trying to composed her self. She cleared and asked Taeyeon a question that would be her heart’s death penalty. “Do you feel the same way, Baby Taeng?” She could hear her voice wavering.

Taeyeon answer by nodded her head and her eyes sparkling. This time Yuri knows her heart has broken. She closed her eyes to hold her tears. She hang down her head and sobbing silently. If Taeyeon not daydreaming about Jessica, she would know Yuri is crying. Taeyeon keep smiling like an idiot while Yuri crying.

“Why? Why can’t you love me? Why other people? What about me?” Yuri whisper while sobbing. Taeyeon snapped back to reality when she hear someone sobbing. She turn her head to yuri and her eyes widened seeing Yuri cry. She scoot closer to Yuri trying to embrace her friend but Yuri stand up and put distance between them.

Yuri wiped her tears and look at Taeyeon. “Do you ever love me, Taeyeon?” Taeyeon shocked hearing Yuri’s question. Yuri’s question bring back all memories about Yuri’s affection to her. How Yuri would treat her better than their other friends, hug her, kiss her, love her just like a…. a girlfriend.

“ I.. I love you Yuri. You are my bestfriend,  my family. We have through a lot together.” Taeyeon answer. Yuri smile bitterly, close her eyes, and balled her hand. “Bestfriend and family, huh? I love you with all my heart. I love you more than bestfriend. Can I be more than that, Taeyeon Can you accept my feeling?” Taeyeon hung down her head can’t answer the question.

When Yuri get taeyeon’s silence, she know she got the answer. She open her eyes and walk closer to Taeyeon slowly. She stop in front of Taeyeon and cupped Taeyeon’s face. She lift Taeyeon’s head to look at her.

“Please answer it now, Taeyeon. I need the answer to continue my life. I need to hear it from your mouth. You don’t want me to stuck in my imagination that you could feel the same way, right? If you love me as your bestfriend, then answer me.” Yuri said and smile kindly.

Taeyeon swallowed and answer with difficulties,” I’m sorry, Yuri. I can’t accept your feeling. I love someone else.” Taeyeon then cried. Her heart hurt because she broke her friend’s heart. She feel stupid and angry to her self. How could she be so dense.

Yuri hug Taeyeon and smile bittersweetly. How could she hate her sweet friend that cry for her broken heart. Yuri pat Taeyeon’s back and say jokingly,” Stop crying. Shouldn’t you the one that hug me and I’m the one that cry? I’ll be fine. Not today, not tomorrow. But one day I’ll be fine.”

Yuri lossen the hug and once again lift Taeyeon’s head. She wipe taeyeon’s face gently and said softly,” Nobody is perfect, Taeyeon. If you love someone, accept her with all her flaws. Don’t try to change the flaws but love it as a part of the one you love. I could see Jessica love you so much. If you love her too, accept her. If you feel guilty about me then all that you could do is be happy for me. I will moved on if I see you happy. Promise me?”

Taeyeon nod her hear still tears flowing on her cheeks. Her heart hurt more because Yuri smile at her despite her heart break. She could feel a little better if Yuri throw tantrum and hate her. She feel sad for her friend, if she could choose who to fall then she would choose her friend in a heart beat but right now her heart has filled with Jessica.

Yuri break the hug and usher Taeyeon to the front door. “I’m sure you know what to do, right? So don’t waste time and do it now. Who knows what would happen if you late." Just like me.. "Go to your love now.” Yuri open the door for Taeyeon and smile gently.

Taeyeon step out of the house hesistantly. She doesn’t want to leave Yuri in this state but she knows Yuri need time alone. She apologize once again,“I’m sorry, Yuri. I promise I will be happy. I hope someone would come and make you happy soon. Bye, Yuri.” Taeyeon run without looking back.

When Taeyeon has out of her sight, she close her door and collapse on the ground. She cry her heart out. She feel helpless and her heart hurt so much. She go to her room and take all things that she planned to use for her confession. She throw all of it to the wall. She stomped the album, broke the bouquet flower and punch the wall repeatedly.

She takes takes her alcoholic beverage and go on her rooftop. She sit on the floor and drink in one go trying to forget her pain. She get up and shout loudly,” Taeyeon!!! Why do I have to love you? How could I move on from the love that I had for years? Stupid Jessica for taking her! Stupid Taeyeon for being dense! Stupid me for loving someone that doesn’t love me! Stupid me!” Yuri collapsed once again on her knee and continue to whisper “Stupid me.. Stupid me.. Taeyeon, I’m letting you go..” Just like that she faint because of the drink and her pained heart.

Someone that has watched the scene from the beginning squatted in front of Yuri’s unconscious body. She sighed softly and wiped Yuri’s tear stained face. She picked Yuri bridal style to the house. She put Yuri on the bed and wrap her with blanket. That someone then clean the room and the broken album so Yuri won’t hurt herself when she woken up later.

She then seat on Yuri’s bed and caress Yuri’s face gently,” Babo Unnie, I know this would happen. Please don’t sad too long. I will help you move on, I will make you happy. Just give me a chance. I have confidence I could make you happy. I have observed you since we are in the middle school. You are the reason I study hard in high school so I could take an acceleration program and we could attend the same class in college. Just give me a chance, unnie.

Then she kissed yuri’s cheek and leave Yuri to sleep peacefully.

 

 

-------------------------------------

Now Yuri has been rejected, how about Jessica? Is it the start of their relationship?

Who is that someone?

Bubye readers, see you when i see you..