Ice cream and Dookong

which way?

Jessica has just arrived at her dorm after an exhausted day at campus. Not only her lecturer gave her so much task to do, her campus mate always trying to catch her attention either male or female. Jessica has everything that a woman wish to has. Sometimes she would flirt back to some man that she thought interesting but she never show any respon to women. Jessica knows that she is straight as metal. Even if her parents never said their disagreement to same gender relationship, she doesn't see any advantage having a same gender relationship.

When she is on her way to her room, she heard some of her dorm mate talking about a new addition to the dorm and would occupied the room beside her. But Jessica dismissed the talk and go straight to her room. She missed her sleep. She change her clothes and slip under the blanket. She sighed contently and  succumbed to the darkness. Jessica stirred when she heard jiggling keys, door being open and closed. She used to being alone and silence around her room. So when her neighbor make some noise, Jessica annoyed. She hates it when her sleep time disturbed. She open one eye to look at the clock, she wants to find a reason to scold her neighbor. But to her dismay, it's seven o'clock in the evening. It is a normal time to make some noise. Jessica swallowed back her curse and trying to sleep again.

Jessica once again woken up by her noisy neighbor. She could feel her blood boiling, she doesn't care what time it is but she will makes sure her neighbor learn her lesson. Without paying attention to her looks, Jessica get out of her room and banged at her neighbor's door. She wants to give her piece of mind. When her neighbor open the door, Jessica could only look at her like an idiot. Jessica mesmerize with her neighbor's beauty. She looks innocent because of her baby face and her height but her curve shows that she is a mature woman.

Taeyeon has arrived at the new dorm at seven in the evening. She felt tired but she has to arrange her belonging, so she decided to rest for a while before continue. She has been reminded by the other dorm mate that her neighbor is a cold person who hates noise so she has to do everything quietly. Do something quietly needs more strength so rest is a better option. When Taeyeon feel reenergized, she start her activity. But no matter how quiet she did it, there is still some sounds when she remove some object. Taeyeon prayed that her neighbor is in her deep sleep so she won't get in to trouble. Sadly her prayer not answered when she hear her door being banged. Taeyeon exhale and trying to look as innocent as possible so her neighbor's anger would reduce.

Taeyeon open the door and getting ready to get scolded. When she heard none, she lift her head to look at her neighbor. Taeyeon wants to laugh out loud looking at her neighbor appearance. Her hair and clothes is in mess and there's some drool on her cheek. Seeing her neighbor just look at her in daze, Taeyeon clear loudly to get her neighbor's attention.

"What can i do for you miss? I'm so sorry if i disturbed your sleep but i hate messy room so i need to organize my room immediately." Taeyeon apologize to her neighbor and bow at her. Jessica trying to snapped back from her daydreaming. She doesn't want to leave bad impression at Taeyeon. She clear and answer," Oh it's alright. I'm not sleeping. I'm reviewing my notes when i heard the noise. I come here to introduce my self and offering a helping hand." Jessica praise her self for not stuttering and make up an excellent excuse. Jessica hasn't realize how her appearance scream "I'm just wake up".

Taeyeon chuckled hearing Jessica's respond. She wondering how could their dorm mate said this cute thing as cold and scary one. Taeyeon smile and offering a shake hand while saying," If that's your attention, then let's be friend. My name is Kim Taeyeon. You can call me Taeyeon or Taenggoo." Jessica accept the hand shake and said," Hi Taeyeon, I'm Jessica you can call me sica. Let's make good memories together!" Jessica slap her hand to and look down after saying that. How could i say that embarassing sentence out loud! Taeyeon look at Jessica's behavior and squalling inside her head for this cute little thing.

"Okey! Let's create tons of good memories together!" Taeyeon answer trying to lessen Jessica's embarassement. "Now that we're friends, you don't mind if i treat you like my friends right?" Taeyeon asked at Jessica. Treating like her firends? What does she mean? But despite Jessica's confusion, she nod her head and smile. "I know you must be confuse with my word. Actually i want to do this from the first time we talk but i'm afraid you will angry." "What is it Taenggoo?" Jessica asked. "This." Taeyeon comb Jessica's hair using her finger to make it neat and wipe Jessica's drool on her cheek using her tumb finger. " I used to do this to my friend when we have sleep over." Jessica could feel her cheeks red as lobster. How could she forget her messy bed look. But she could feel her stomatch feel bad when she heard Taeyeon treat other people affectionately like this. Jessica doesn't know what to do so she stand still while hang low her head hoping there's a hole would swallow her.

Taeyeon laugh out loud and pat Jessica's head affectionately. "It's alright sica. Friends don't care with physical look right? I'm used to see this scene. Come inside if you still want to help me." Taeyeon step inside while offering her hand. Jessica take taeyeon's hand shyly and go inside the room. That day Jessica sleep late and help someone clean a room. She doesn't even clean her room but she clean Taeyeon's room. Oh what love can do to people..

Jessica has become very close to Taeyeon. They would do everything together. Not even a single day left without playing together. Moreover, it's holiday. They would stay awake until late talking or playing and wake up early the next day. Shockingly it's Jessica that would wake up early in the morning to knock at Taeyeon's door. Her dorm mate shock seeing Jessica's new behavior but said nothing for they know that it's best to stay silent.

Jessica loved being around Taeyeon. Taeyeon always happy go lucky around her and that affect her. She would always has a good mood when she is around Taeyeon. But despite the happy mask, Jessica knows that there are days when Taeyeon turn gloomy and it always happen after Taeyeon finish talking with someone on the phone. Jessica wants to ask Taeyeon about it but she refrain her self. She doesn't want to look pushy. So she does what she can do. When she saw Taeyeon on gloomy state, she would make jokes and playing around to make Taeyeon happy.

One day Jessica's curiousity answered. Jessica awake in the middle of the night and feeling thirsty, she go outside to have a glass of water. when she closed her door she could hear people talking inside Taeyeon's room. Curiousity got her. She pressed her ear to Taeyeon's door to eavesdrop. It turns out Taeyeon talking with her parents on the loud speaker. She could hear Taeyeon's parent scold her for something that is not Taeyeon's fault. Taeyeon's parent show their dissatisfaction to Taeyeon about everything. Taeyeon's grade, behavior, Taeyeon's decision to move to another dorm rather than stay with her brother, and the last Taeyeon's parent scold Taeyeon for not paying attention to her brother that's why her brother now sick. Taeyeon's parent keep on ranting how irresponsible Taeyeon and state that her brother is their family gem. She has to keep her brother safe. Her parents could care less if Taeyeon sick but not her brother for they only got one son but three daughter. So if one daughter dies, they still have two more.

Jessica listen to Taeyeon's parent rant while clenching her hand. She doesn't know that this kind of parent exist in the world. Her parent love her and her sister despite their gender. Her parent always give them all the love that they have. So when Jessica heard this kind of conversation, she feel mad but she stay outside the door. She doesn't want to impose the private conversation. It's not even a conversation. What kind of conversation when Taeyeon just keep mum while her parent rant on and on.

Jessica finally snapped when she heard Taeyeon's parent last sentence. How could parent said it's alright to lose their child? Don't they think about their child's feeling? Jessica barged in to Taeyeon's room without permission and snatched the phone. She disconnect the phone and restrain her hand from throw the phone to the floor. She turn to look at Taeyeon and said.," I'm sorry Taeyeon. I'm sorry i eavesdropped your conversation, i'm sorry i barged to your room without permission, i'm sorry you have to hear that nonsense word from your parent but i'm not sorry for cutting your phone conversation. You can angry to me but i won't apologize."

Taeyeon shcoked at first when Jessica barged in to her room. But she felt thankful for Jessica's action. She felt tired hearing her parent scold her. She smile sadly at Jessica and said," So now you know my secret. I'm from a broken home family. Are you feel disgusted? Do you want to stop being my friend? I can understand if that's what you want sica." There are some of her school friend that leave her and look at her disgustingly when they know about this secret so Taeyeon won't surprised if it happens now.

Jessica throw her self at taeyeon and hug her tightly. "No! I won't leave you. I want to be your friend. I want you to share your happiness and sadness with me. I want to know everything about you. Don't hide anything for me anymore alright? I want to be there for you." Taeyeon cry hearing Jessica's word. She thought nobody except Yuri will love her for who she is. Taeyeon return Jessica's hug even tightly that makes Jessica hard to breath but she doesn't care. If it could help taeyeon reduce the pain even for a little. Why not? 

When Taeyeon's cries subsidued, Jessica loosen the embrace and hold taeyeon's face using both of her hand. she Taeyeon''s cheeks to remover the tear stain and calm Taeyeon. Jessica kiss Taeyeon's forehead and her eyes. " Don't cry anymore Taenggoo. They aren't worth it. Don't waste you prescious tear just for them. But when you feel like you can't hold on anymore, come to me. I will be you shield and sanctuary. Okay?" Taeyeon nod her head and return to Jessica's embrace. She doesn't want to move from the comfort that Jessica's provide. Not only she feel safe, for unknown reason she feel happy hugged by Jessica.

"Can you sleep with me tonight? I don't want to move." Taeyeon plead Jessica. Jessica relented to Taeyeon's wish and lay her self on taeyeon's bed. Taeyeon snuggled to Jessica's body and hug her waist. Jessica spread the blanket above them and tucked Taeyeon safely. She hug Taeyeon and kiss her forehead. This is the first time Jessica seeing Taeyeon like this and she promise to make Taeyeon always happy. That night is the start of their frequently sleepover.