Volume 2 Chapter 1 "Jonghyun"

Playing Cupids

 

The doorbell rang on CNBlue’s dorm signalling that someone’s at the door. “Can someone get that?” Shouted Jonghyun who was at the living room playing his guitar.

Minhyuk came out from his room and asked his hyung “Can’t you open the door yourself hyung? You’re just playing with your guitar, I was practicing my lines.”

“You know if you have just opened the door the visitor would have entered already. Just open it will you?” Jonghyun said to the maknae. Minhyuk realized that Jonghyun is now in the mood where he can’t be bother with his guitar. He has those moments and it will useless to reason with him.

When Minhyuk opened the door, he saw a smiling Hongki and Jonghoon. He bowed and invited the two to enter. Hongki then came running inside and seeing Jonghyun with his guitar decided to annoy his friend while Jonghoon stayed Minhyuk and chatted with him.

“Yah Lee Jonghyun! Get a life. Don’t you get bored with just playing with your guitar all day?”

“Shut up Lee Hongki. Can’t you see I’m busy? Go to hyung’s room and bother him instead. I’ve been trying to perfect this piece for two days now I have no time to play with you right now unless you can tell me how to do these 5 miserable measures of this freaking song.” Just then Jonghoon came to join the two, he took the music sheet and looked at it. After looking at it he signalled Jonghyun to give him the guitar and instantly he played those 5 miserable measures perfectly. Hongki smiled proudly at their leader and Jonghyun gaped “How the hell did you do that? I’ve been practicing it since forever and you just looked at it for 5 seconds and played it perfectly. You are one sick guitar playing man.”

“What can I say? I’m a genius.” Jonghoon said to his friend. “Let me borrow a guitar, I’ll show how to do it.”

“Just wait here, I’ll get my other guitar in the room.” Jonghyun then left the FTI boys. Hongki then knew that he’d be out of place when the two guitar freaks decided to play and live in their own world. He then went to Yonghwa’s room, though the door was open he still knocked. Yonghwa was on the phone and seeing Hongki, he smiled and signalled the younger boy to enter. Hongki then let himself in and sat down at Yonghwa’s bed.

“I know... Will you be able to come here after school?... Do you want me to fetch you?... I’d be very careful. I’ll borrow Hongki’s car since they have seen my car on TV... Yes he’s here...” Yonghwa then said to Hongki, “I’ll borrow your car okay? Hyun said hi.” Hongki just nodded and said “Say hi too.”

Yonghwa then continued his talk with Seohyun on the phone “He said hi too... I know... I’ll be there around 2pm at the back gate... I’ll see you then. Take care of yourself. Don’t smile at boys... Yah! Just don’t smile at them... I’m not a choding... Fine... See you later... I love you...”

“I love you too.” Hongki said mimicking Seohyun then he received a whack on the head from Yonghwa.

“You came alone? I thought you guys were in Japan?” Yonghwa said as he put his phone on the table.

“Nope, Hoonie’s with me, he’s playing with Jongie as we speak. We have a two week vacation from our Zepp tour. We’re here in Korea to record our new song since we will have a comeback soon after the Japan tour.”

“You guys are quite busy these days.”

“If we’re busy then what are you then? Do you still have time to sleep? You’re busier than me plus the fact that you have to make time for your goddess. By the way, SNSD’s back in Korea too? I thought they’re in Japan too? I saw some of them there before we left.”

“Only Hyun and Yoona went back here. They have some school requirements to finish.”

“They’re just great. Imagine they can still give time to their studies with their killer schedule and all, are you sure you’re girlfriend’s a human? She’s not an alien right?”

“She’s a goddess!” Yonghwa said proudly. Hongki could just shake his head knowing how taken his hyung is. “By the way hyung, can’t we do something about your lead guitarist?”

“What about him?”

“He needs a life! He shouldn’t be wasting his time with just his guitar. He needs some loving hyung.”

“I know what you mean. I worry for him too. I know he likes pretty girls and all but he’s way too picky. I was really happy when you guys said that he likes Yoona but somehow when Hyun and I got together he went back to his old ways. Hyun and I would talk about it. She asked Yoona if Jonghyun’s communicating with her and she just said ‘no.’ I can’t understand how he can like Yoona that much then the next day he completely ignored her just like that. Can Yoona be that bad? He doesn’t look like he was rejected, though he’s a bit moody lately but still...”

Hongki was sweating all the time Yonghwa was talking about Jonghyun and Yoona. It was agreed upon that since Hongki was the chairman of the ‘project’ it’s just right that he tell Yonghwa what they did. Hongki wasn’t able to tell Yonghwa since soon after Seohyun’s birthday they flew to Japan and started with their activities and the fact that he’s scared out of his wits of what Yonghwa would do to them especially to him who masterminded it all.

“Ah hyung about that... ah ah ah are you happy that you and Seohyun got together?” Hongki stuttered.

“It’s the best thing that happened to me. I am so happy now that we’re together.”

“Really?” Hongki smiled, feeling that maybe Yonghwa won’t be that mad.

“Yes.” Yonghwa said dreamily.

“Will you be thankful for anything that caused this relationship to happen?” Hongki asked hoping for a positive response.

“Of course.” Yonghwa said and Hongki then sighed a relief. “What’s with all these questions? You... You... Did you do something I should know about?”

“Hyung remember what you just said that you’d be thankful for anything that caused this to happen.” Hongki was getting nervous.

“Lee Hongki, what did you do?” Yonghwa knew something was off. He too was getting nervous. “Lee Hongki just spill it!!!”

Hongki then took a deep breath “...We were really worried because you were getting thin and unreasonable...”

Hongki then told Yonghwa all about the “Get Yonghwa to Confess Project.” How they asked Jaejin to help them make Yonghwa jealous, how they found the files in the recycle bin, why he and Jaejin were always at their dorm, the reason for his surprise birthday party, the act of Jonghyun and Yoona and all the sordid details in the plan.  All the time he was telling Yonghwa what they did he kept his eyes on Yonghwa looking for reactions. He can’t tell what Yonghwa was feeling for he just kept silent and looked at him. Then after he told him everything, Yonghwa stood up and asked him to join him in the living room.

Jonghyun stopped playing with his guitar when he saw a nervous looking Hongki following an expressionless Yonghwa. He too felt shivers for some unknown reason. Yonghwa then signalled Hongki to sit down and suddenly shouted “Lee Jungshin, come here!”

Jungshin and Minhyuk came out rushing hearing Yonghwa’s bellow. Jungshin then saw Hongki and Jonghyun looking very very nervous and Jonghoon who was looking confused. Jungshin then knew that Yonghwa already knows. Yonghwa then signalled Jungshin to join Hongki and Jonghyun in the couch. As soon as the three were sitting down he took a deep breath, looked at them in the eye and said, “Did you guys know that I really wanted to kill Jaejin that time? Everytime they act sweet in front of me, I was imagining myself wringing his neck! I had a lot of NG’s in my drama. I wasn’t able to sleep at night. I can’t eat. I was ready to cut all ties with Jaejin.”

“But hyung, at least in the end you realized what you really felt for her.” Hongki said trying to appease Yonghwa.

“Imagine hyung, if we didn’t plan all that, you and Seohyun won’t be together right now. All we did was create opportunities for you two to meet. Jaejin was just someone to make you realize that you don’t want her to be someone else.” Jonghyun added.

“We really thought that our plan would fail, it’s a good thing Seohyun confessed to you first. You were such a coward hyung.” Jungshin then said. Hongki and Jonghyun then whacked Jungshin at the same time. MInhyuk and Jonghoon just laughed.

“Hyung we were really just concerned friends. We just wanted you to be happy.” Hongki pleaded.

“Hyung! Just be thankful that you have these dorks as friends. You have to admit what they did for you was really something. They planned your surprise party and they were a big help to you in your plans for her party.” Jonghoon tapped Yonghwa’s shoulders and then sat on the floor and played with the guitar.

Yonghwa thought about what Jonghoon said. He realized he was right. He knew he have good friends, he then took a deep breath and said, “Fine. I’m sorry for getting mad like that but you can’t blame me but still thank you for what you did for me and Hyun but promise me that you guys will never ever touch my laptop again or else...”

“We promise hyung.” The three said at the same time.

Just then Yonghwa’s phone rang. He saw the caller ID and smiled, the guys knew that it was Seohyun. But as soon as Yonghwa said hello, his smile turned into a frown then he scowled. “Just stay together and stay where you are. I’m coming there now.”

“Hyung what just happened?” Asked Minhyuk.

“Hongki, Jonghyun, you guys come with me.” Yonghwa told the boys. “The rest of you stay here and clean up, Seohyun and Yoona will be coming. Jonghoon, do you want to come with us?”

“No need hyung, i’ll stay here with the kids.”

“But hyung what is happening?” Asked Jungshin.

“Hyun and Yoona is in trouble.”

 

*************************

A/N: I'm back!!! Sorry if it took me a long time to come back. I was thinking of some plots for our new couple. I know this chapter is quite boring but I need to do some closure with the last chapter and at the same time start the new volume. Just look at the picture in at the top of this page, anyone who disagree with me when I say that these two look so good together? I just hope you guys will continue to read, subscribe, comment and support my story. 

To all those who liked my the YongSeo volume, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.