My Cheerleader

Next Stop, Insanity


Jungkook panted as he ran across the field with the soccer ball, dribbling it between his feet. An opposing team member came forth and wanted to gain control of it when Jungkook quickly kicked it over to J-Hope who shot it right into the goal. Jungkook ran over and fist-pumped him. The coach blew the whistle, calling all the players back to centre field.

“Ready? Set? Go!” He blew the whistle and one of the other team's player managed to steal the ball from the face-off and ran down the field with it. J-Hope ran over and intercepted him, but unfortunately it had gone out of bounds. A guy from the other team ran over and did a throw-in.

Jungkook blocked the ball and head-butted it down to the other goal, allowing his team member to score the final goal. Jungkook bent down to catch his breath, happy that they won. Their team's coach ran over and they all huddled before doing a team shout.

J-Hope chuckled and slung an arm around him, “I'm glad we got to skip class because of this.”

“Really? I'm glad we won, but I'd rather be at school right now.” Jungkook replied.

- - - - -

Minjung and Hanuel walked down the hallways for lunch. They headed up the staircase and turned the corner towards the cafeteria. Minjung made a joke, causing them both to laugh. She looked up, and she froze. Hanuel stopped as well to see why her friend had suddenly halted in her steps.

“Hey there, Zelo.” Minjung greeted as Zelo walked down the hall with his friend. He looked up at the mention of his name and he coolly smiled, “Hey.” His eyes drifted to Hanuel who blinked at him in confusion and he raised an eyebrow before walking down the hall.

Jongup nudged him, “Hey, isn't that the girl you asked to go with you to semi-formal?” Zelo nodded, “Yeah. The one with the black hair.” Jongup chuckled, “But I thought you liked tall girls with brown hair?” Zelo shrugged, “Who knows?”

Minjung turned back to Hanuel and grabbed her arm before squealing. Hanuel's eyes widened at her behaviour. “Oh my god! He greeted me!” Hanuel's face fell, “I greet you everyday but I don't see you fangirling over me.” Minjung scrunched up her nose, “You're starting to sound a lot like Jungkook.”

It was Hanuel's turn to scrunch up her face in disgust, “What the hell?”

- - - - -

Honestly, Hanuel felt a bit lonely when she went to her afternoon classes. She didn't have somebody to yell at. She sat through Science class, and when the teacher called out the attendance, other people told him Jungkook was at a soccer game. The teacher nodded in understanding, “That kid's just everywhere isn't he?”

She felt bored. Minjung wasn't in her afternoon classes either and there wasn't really anyone she talked to. She only interacted with other people when she had to- like for group projects.

There was nobody that she could compete against.

She followed the rest of the students in their class when they went outside to do laps around the school. Of course, she came in first without him being there. The other students slowly piled in at the finish line a few minutes later.

But what was the fun of that?

Her mind drifted to Jungkook and his soccer game. She shook her with a small grin when she was put onto her own soccer team for the class today. She bent down into position when she stared at the opposing team member. She inwardly chuckled when the teacher blew the whistle.

He better have won his stupid game.

- - - - -

Hanuel bent down to put her books into her backpack before getting up and putting the lock back onto the locker. She turned around when she almost bumped into somebody. She looked up.

Kangdae nodded his head, “Uh, hey there Hanuel.” She nodded back in response without saying anything. She continued to walk down the hallway when he followed her.

“So how were your classes?” He asked. She shrugged, “It was alright. Yours?” He nodded, “Good.”

“Anyway, I saw you at the mall the other day.” He said. She looked up in surprise, “You did?” He nodded, “I was there with my friends. I didn't have the courage to go in since I saw Jungkook, aha.” She blinked, “I see.”

Then they fell into an awkward silence. When they rounded a corner, she felt somebody tug on her backpack and she jerked back forcefully. Kangdae turned around in surprise and so did she.

Jungkook smirked and put his hand on her head, “Missed me?”

Kangdae's face slightly darkened and he coughed, “I'll go now. See you later, Hanuel.” She didn't bother to reply as she flung Jungkook's hand off. “Would you stop physically harassing me?” He chuckled, “No.” She rolled her eyes and her heels down the hallway. He followed suit.

“So how was class without me?” He questioned. She turned to him, “You're starting to sound a lot like Kangdae.” He narrowed his eyes, “I have a normal boy voice. Unlike his deep e voice. What are you talking about?” A grin came onto her face and she simply looked back straight ahead.

“We got an assignment today.” She suddenly said. He tilted his head, “In Science?” She nodded as she stopped, and took her backpack off before setting it on the floor. She took out a sheet of paper and handed it to him. His eyes softened, “Aw, you got a sheet for me. I'm so touched.” She zipped up her backpack, “Seriously, I was forced to just because the teacher knows we live close to each other.”

“So he knows about our relationship. I guess it's better that he knows.”

parted, “What relationship!? You ert. I can't even be nice to you without wanting to punch you!” She huffed and walked towards the door at a quicker pace, leaving him behind.

- - - - -

They both got onto their school bus and sat down at their usual seats. Jungkook took out his phone while Hanuel leaned her head against the window and looked out. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and she furrowed her eyebrows. She reached for it and turned it on.

You still remember you owe me that one wish right? That one race where I beat you. :D

She turned to him with a glower, “Seriously? You couldn't have just said this to me? Instead you waste texts to do it electronically.” He simply wiggled his phone around, as if telling her to reply with the same method. She sighed in frustration before turning her attention back to her phone.

Yeah, I remember. What do you want me to do?

Lots of things. :3


Her eyes widened, “Yah! Jungkook!” He shrugged and shook his head back and forth innocently, “What?”

It was one favour, you idiot. Did you already decide?

Yeah, I want you to come to the Pep Rally at the end of this week and cheer me on when I come out.

...Seriously?

:D teehee

- - - - -


Living up to her promise, Hanuel had walked into the gymnasium with Minjung once the lunch break started at the end of the week. They walked up the stairs to find a seat. Hanuel sat on the bleachers in boredom as she waited for the Pep Rally to officially start. She managed to drag Minjung here, but it was all because Zelo was going to appear for his basketball team. The lights in the gymnasium dimmed, and the hundreds of students quieted down.

A single light appeared in the middle and Jaehee appeared,

“Hello everyone, and welcome to our school's Pep Rally! I'm Kim Jaehee, your MC for today.” She did a small bow with her skirt, and the guys in the stands roared. She walked back to the side of the gymnasium, making way for the sports teams.

“First off we have our girl's volleyball team!”

Team by team, sport by sport, the players went in and out. Finally, it was time for the soccer teams.

“Now, we have our junior soccer team!” She exclaimed. Hanuel's ears perked up at the announcement and she looked up. When Jungkook came striding in with J-Hope, she reluctantly got up and cupped ,

“Whoo! Go Jeon Jungkook!” Jungkook looked up at her voice, somehow managing to distinguish it from the hundreds. He smirked and did a small salute her way. Girls and guys in the stands sent Hanuel a quizzical look and she ducked back down in embarrassment. Minjung burst out laughing, “I can't believe you actually did it!” Hanuel frowned, “A deal's a deal.”

Jungkook chuckled to himself as he walked back out. J-Hope nudged him, “Hey, who'd you do that salute to? I didn't see anybody.” Jungkook grinned, “Just my cute little fangirl.”

“We're done with the soccer teams, so it's time for our basketball players!” Jaehee shouted. Minjung looked up and her eyes practically shined when she saw Zelo walk in. He was one of the tallest players and honestly, she felt like fangirling right then and there. Hanuel was still sulking so she didn't pay much attention. Minjung waved with her whole arm when Zelo walked near. He looked up and gave a small smirk before continuing around the gymnasium.

When the Pep Rally was finally over, Minjung practically cut off all the circulation in Hanuel's arms when she shook her back and forth.

“Zelo was so cool!” She gasped. Hanuel looked up, “I didn't even watch the basketball teams.” Minjung gasped, “Why not?”

“Does it look like I have the mood after humiliating myself?” Hanuel muttered. Minjung laughed and gave her a pat on the back, “I feel sorry for you.”

“I feel sorry for myself too.”

Hanuel suddenly looked up from her sullen state, “I can just ignore him! So I don't do something stupid and challenge him again. I'll wait until I'm ready first!” The look on her face gave Minjung the chills but she simply nodded.

“Okay, there.”

- - - - -

Hanuel had gone home that day on her own, deliberately avoiding Jungkook. She was deemed successful when she walked into her apartment and she began laughing. Her dad came out of his room and raised an eyebrow,

“Is everything alright?” He asked. She nodded with a big grin, “Yes, daddy! I'll be going to my room now.” Her dad raised an eyebrow, “Daddy?” He whispered to himself. “Well, that's odd.” He lightly knocked on her door, “I'm heading to the office now, so stay safe okay? Mom left some dishes in the fridge that you could heat back up for dinner.”

“Bye dad!” She shouted.

She rolled around in her bed, remembering today. She couldn't even explain the embarrassment when people from her classes ask her, once again, what her relationship was with that stupid stalker.

Jeon Jungkook the stupid stalker.

Her phone rang, and she was too busy in her own world to look at the Caller ID so she picked up.

“Hello?” She asked.

“Your voice sounds extra cute today, or is it just me?”

Her eyes widened and her mood immediately dropped, “Stop calling me!”

“I saw your cheerleading today.”

“That was not cheerleading! I was just living up to my end of the deal, okay?”

“I wonder how many people think we're together now.”

“...I seriously hate you. Bye.” She pressed the End button on her phone before putting it back on the night stand. She sat back up and walked towards her desk before taking out her binders.

Might as well start on the assignment now.

- - - - -

Hanuel heard the doorbell ring and she looked up from her homework in surprise. She put her pencil down and opened the door to her room. She walked towards the front door and looked to see who it was.

Jungkook?

She opened the door, “What is it?” Jungkook leaned against her doorframe, “Mom wanted to ask if you wanted to come over and eat dinner with us or not.” Hanuel glanced back at the kitchen and turned back to him, “I guess so. Hold on, I'll just go turn off my computer.” He nodded as he stepped inside and closed the door. His eyes wandered around the house as he waited there on the doormat. His eyes fell onto a picture that he hadn't noticed before.

It was a hung-up picture that the two families had taken together. He remembered clearly that day, she wanted to stand on the farthest side of him, but at the last minute, he pulled her in beside him. He chuckled, reliving the moment again. Junghwa had whined afterwards, saying that she didn't get to stand beside her unnie. He snapped out of his flashback when Hanuel came back out. She looked at him, “What's up with your day-dreamy look?”

He looked at her, “It's because I saw you.” Her face scrunched up, “Oh jeez. You need serious mental help.”

“Yeah, I think I do. My undying love for you makes me crazy.” He chucked. She got on her shoes and slapped his head causing him to wince and pout at her as he rubbed it,

“Stop saying such weird things!”


musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004

Ohohohoho. Thank you guys for the comments and upvotes! <3 

Did you guys like the chapter? x) Ahaha. 

By the way, summer school started for me ;-; So I might be a bit busy or slow with updates but I'll do my best to make it every other day instead of every day. I have to wake up at 6am everyday to catch the bus and then 5 and a half hours of History in one day. I didn't even fail, it's for an extra credit so akwdhksjadsa. T-T

:D But yeah, anticipate the next few chapters!~