Life Saver

Next Stop, Insanity

Jungkook shook his head in amusement as he watched her go into her apartment almost as if she couldn't get away from him any faster. Chuckling to himself, he inserted the key to the apartment and went inside. He was in the middle of untying his shoes when he heard shouting down the hall. Furrowing his eyebrows, he removed his shoes and went towards the commotion.

“I told you if you're not happy here, you're more than welcome to leave!”

Jungkook blinked when he realized it was his mother's voice.

“I'm sick and tired of fighting with you, really.”

He knew better than to disrupt her to ask what was going on, so instead, he went into his little sister's room to check up on her. He saw her small figure curled up on her bed.

He heard something though.

Sniffling.

“Jungie?” He whispered, walking closer. He watched as she quietly peeked her head out of her blanket. His eyes widened when he saw her puffy eyes.

“What happened?” His mouth fell open when she jumped into his arms and snuggled into his chest. Instead of replying, she continued to cry into his chest.

Feeling confused, he simply gave her back a few soothing rubs, hoping to calm her down. Fortunately, Junghwa managed to stop her tears and look up at her brother in shock.

“Mommy and daddy were fighting.”

“What? Since when?”

“When oppa left a few hours ago.” She pouted. She started playing with his sweater as she wiped her own tears with her sleeve. Jungkook softened and he picked her up into a hug, “Are you okay?” She nodded softly, wrapping her small arms around his neck, “I wish mommy and daddy didn't fight. It's scary.”

He gave her a soft smile, ruffling her hair, “This stuff happens. I'm sure it wasn't anything serious.” Junghwa finally began to smile seeing her brother's expression. Beaming up at him, “Promise?” He held out his pinky finger and chuckled,

“I promise.”

They both looked up when they heard a knock on the door.

“Jungkook?”

He looked up at his mother, “Yeah?” She gave him a weak and tired smile, waving her hand for him to step out into the hall. He got the hint, and gently placed his sister down. He gave her a firm look, “Stay here until I come back inside, okay?”

She nodded obediently.

Giving her a small pinch on the cheek, he followed his mother out into the living room. He took note of how tired she looked, and judging by her red eyes, she must have been crying. He sat down beside her as she buried her face into her arms.

Jungkook fell silent at his mother's tears.

He had no idea what to do.

He sat there and waited until finally, his mother shook her head to snap out of it, and wiped her tears away. She smiled up at him, “Never mind. I'll be alright. I'm going to work now so watch over your sister for me.”

He nodded and watched as his mother got up and picked up her purse from the table. She put on her shoes and left the apartment. Jungkook got up and headed back into his sister's room, only to find that she had fallen asleep. He walked over and sat on the edge of her bed, pulling the blanket over her.

He heaved a sigh.

What the hell was going on?

- - - - -

 

Hanuel came out of the shower, drying her hair with a towel. She smiled to herself when she thought about the time spent with Jungkook today.

Was this what it felt like to be in love?

Always thinking about the significant other, acting like a fool whenever thoughts about them came up- and always wanting to see them or at least hear their voice?

She sighed in bliss and climbed onto her bed.

 

Reaching for her phone, she realized she had a missed call from Minjung. Hanuel dialled in her best friend's number and waited.

“Hello?”

“Hey, you called earlier?”

“Oh yeah! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out this weekend. I haven't seen you in ages!”

Hanuel smiled, “Sure. I think I'm free.”

“You're not hanging out with your superstar boyfriend?”

Scrunching up her face, “Jungkook a superstar? Aw hell no. I'll book a time in my busy schedule just for you.”

“Wow, I feel so honoured to be able to spend time with the Lee Hanuel! Just kidding. I'll text you the time later this week. See you!”

Hanuel hung up and turned her body sideways. Her eyes softened at her background, which was a picture of her and Jungkook.

She was about to message him, but she stopped short.

Wouldn't he be busy right now?

She shrugged and placed the phone back down.

He'll probably message me later.

- - - - -
Jungkook lay on his bed with an arm under his head. He looked up at his ceiling with a thoughtful gaze.

He knew his parents hadn't been getting along too well over the past few years but they never had a dispute in which the kids heard about it before.

 

He sighed and got out of bed to go and prepare dinner for his sister and himself.
 

Right when he entered the kitchen, he heard his home phone ring. Turning on his heels, he went to pick it up.

“Jungkook?”

His mood lifted at her voice almost immediately, “Hanuel?”

“Hi! I accidentally cooked too much food, and I realized my parents aren't even eating at home today. I was calling to see if you guys had eaten yet or not. Would you like to come over?”

He almost laughed out loud, “You're a real life saver, you know that?”


“Huh?”

“Nothing. We'll come over. Thanks.”

“Alright. I'll go prepare the extra bowls. Bye!”

“Did you notice this is also the first time you're asking me over for dinner without venom in your voice?”

“Oh, shut it, pretty boy.”

He heard the dial tone, signalling that she had already hung up. With a small smile, he went to wake up his little sister.

- - - - -

Jungkook sat down on the chair opposite of Hanuel's while Junghwa sat onto her lap. He watched as his girlfriend fed his little sister first, worrying about her instead of herself. He shook his head in amusement and ate his own plate.

Hanuel looked up after wiping some excess food off Junghwa's mouth and smiled to herself, seeing that Jungkook was enjoying the food.

Thank god.

Junghwa looked up at her, “Unnie, aren't you going to eat?” Hanuel looked back down at her and ruffled her hair, “I'll eat after you're done, Jungie.” Junghwa pouted, “But unnie has to eat. You're like a stick.”

Jungkook almost spat out his rice while Hanuel shot him a look.

“Yeah, she's a stick alright.” He chuckled.

 

Junghwa giggled along while Hanuel rolled her eyes. She opened , “Fine. Jungie, feed me.” Junghwa blinked and nodded, picking up the spoon. She carefully placed a spoonful of food into her moth. Hanuel softened, “Thank you.” Junghwa beamed, “You're welcome, unnie!”

“Feed me too.” Jungkook commented. Junghwa stuck out her tongue, “I like unnie more. Go away.”

He blinked, “Since when did you learn to be so harsh?”

“Not telling!” Junghwa snuggled into Hanuel's chest. Hanuel laughed, looking up at him, “Even she rejects you.” He raised an eyebrow, “Are you taunting me?”

“No.”

“Don't regret it if I do something to you later.”

“ert. Stop.” Hanuel frowned, gesturing to his little sister. He rolled his eyes, “Excuses.” Hanuel shook her head and scooped up another spoonful for Junghwa.

The three of them finished eating, and Jungkook offered to do the dishes while Hanuel sat in the living room, keeping Junghwa company.

Hanuel laid her head back while Junghwa stared at the television screen. Just as she was about to close her eyes, she heard Junghwa let out a small yelp. Her eyes jolted open and she looked down at the girl in surprise,

“What's wrong?”

Junghwa pointed on the television screen with trembling hands and quivering lips.

“Mommy and daddy...”

Hanuel glanced up only to see a drama in which the couple was fighting. She furrowed her eyebrows, “What do you mean-”

Before she could even finish, Jungkook had come out and swiftly picked up his sister, cradling her soothingly to his chest. Hanuel looked up with wide eyes and Jungkook gave her an apologetic smile along with a 'I'll tell you later' look.

Junghwa finally fell asleep, and Hanuel had stayed quiet the whole time. She looked down at Junghwa with worried eyes. When she looked up at him, she couldn't help but notice the darkened expression on his face.

“What happened?”


“My parents have been fighting for the past few years. I know they're displeased with each other but today was the first day they had an argument that we were aware of.”

dropped open in shock, “Really? Wow, I would have never guessed.” He nodded, “My mom cried today and I didn't even know what to do or say to her. What kind of son am I?” Hanuel softened and she reached out to take one of his hands, “Next time you could try giving her a hug, you know?” He looked up at her,

“Does that even work?”

Hanuel gave him a soft smile, “I'm sure it will.” Her eyes dimmed a bit when she saw Junghwa's curled up figure, “Is she alright though?”

“I hope so. I found her crying when I got home.”

“This isn't healthy for her at all.”

“Damn right it isn't. I don't even know who's at fault right now.”

 

He ran a hand through his hair in frustration. Hanuel lightly nudged his hand, “It's getting late. We could at least get Junghwa into her bed and sleeping, right?” He nodded and got up, handing his sister to her. He opened the door for her, and Hanuel walked down the hall of the apartment building. He unlocked the door and she went inside.

After tucking Junghwa into bed, the two of them went back out into the living room. Hanuel looked up at the time, “I should get back soon-” She was about to get up when Jungkook pulled her wrist, jerking her back down. He held on,

“Just stay for a bit, please? Even for a few minutes?”

She sat back down and nodded. Jungkook gave her a crooked smile and lay his head down onto her lap, hand still intertwined with hers. She looked down and lightly played with his hair with her spare hand.

“Are you alright, Jungkook?”

He opened his eyes and looked up at her, “I guess. I'm just a bit surprised, that's all.” She brushed his bangs away and gave him a smile, “No matter what happens, I'm sure the Lee's will be of assistance.”

“Yeah.” He whispered, keeping his gaze locked onto hers. Hanuel blinked, and all of a sudden, she felt embarrassed. Looking away, she turned his head the other way as well. He chuckled, grabbing onto her other hand as well,

“You're so caring. I find it hard not to fall in love with you.”

Hanuel looked down at him with furrowed eyebrows and flushed cheeks, “Aren't you supposed to be upset right now? Why are you still so cheesy?”

He grinned, “It's because I'm with you.”

She chuckled lightly, pretending to cover his eyes, “Yeah, yeah. Say something weird again and I'm leaving you.”

“You wouldn't do something like that.”

“You never know.”

“Not like I'd let you leave.”

“God, Jungkook-”

“But thank you for today.” He whispered as he closed his eyes. Hanuel stopped talking and softened. She gave his hand a small squeeze,

“No problem. I hope everything turns out okay.”


- - - - -

By the time Jungkook woke up, he realized Hanuel had already left. He stretched out his back, and got up to head back into his room. He walked back his sister's room and halted when he saw somebody inside. He pushed open the door, and the figure turned around.

“Sorry, did I wake you up?” His mother asked, getting up. He shook his head, “It was about time, anyway.” She closed the door behind her and the two of them stood in the hall.

“Is she alright?”

Jungkook nodded, “She fell asleep a while ago. Hanuel cooked us dinner too.” Mrs. Jeon's eyes flitted in surprise, “She did? How sweet of her to do so.” She glanced back at her daughter's room and gestured for her son to follow her.

The two of them sat down onto the couch in silence before she finally spoke up.

“We even fought today at the restaurant. Unbelievable, isn't it?” She dryly laughed. Jungkook looked up at her.

“I don't know what to do anymore. I'm tired of this. I don't want this to affect any of you kids either.” She confessed.

He was about to speak up when his mother cut him off,

“Jungkook, I think we're going to get divorced.


musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif

I am so so so so sorry for the late update T_T I've been rather busy with my school life and social life. It's hard to balance that, and come onto AFF. So, I apologize for that. :(

Also, I think this story is ending soon guys LOL. I got everything planned out mwahahaha :'D

Holy- 600 subscribers!? Last chapter I was at 500. (okay but then again that was like a month ago OTL) Thank you guys so much <3 Your comments really made me want to update, but I didn't have the time and energy so I didn't want to write a crappy chapter and give it to you guys as a filler. I hate those. So sorry for the wait ;-;

Not to mention so many of you guys sent me friend requests, left me wallposts and inboxes- I just didn't have time to reply to them all. I'll do that by the end of the day though! 

I PROMISE! D:

I hope you guys liked the chapter :D The next ones are rather sad... just a heads up ^^; 

Bye! (: