Cousin

Next Stop, Insanity

I still can't believe he did that!”

“I can't either.”

“That was so adorable! Do you think I can get him to send me the picture?”

“Why?”

“So I can show the world- Ow! Hanuel, that hurt!” Minjung frowned and rubbed her arm, which Hanuel had slapped, “What was that for?” Hanuel innocently batted her eyelashes back, “I don't know. Everything?” Minjung raised an eyebrow after composing herself, “I wasn't the one who kissed you on camera.”

“Shush.”

Minjung grinned, “Somebody's embarrassed.” Hanuel rolled her eyes and looked out the window of the bus, “Isn't this where you get off?” Minjung looked up and her eyes widened, “Yes.” She quickly pulled the string for the bus to stop and scrambled towards the door and got off.

Hanuel leaned her head against the window and yawned. She thought back to Jungkook's surprise kiss and her heart rate began picking up once again. Along with the fact that she became all flustered and nervous- even if he wasn't physically near her.


But a small smile made it's way onto her lips anyway.

Her phone vibrated.

Are you home yet?

She typed in her reply with a soft grin.

Still on the bus, why?


I was just worried about you lol call me when you get home, aight?

Okay (:


- - - - -

Hanuel poked the key into the keyhole and opened the door to the apartment. After taking off shoes, her ears picked up noises in the kitchen.

“Mom?” She called out as she peeked her head into the kitchen. Her mother turned around and smiled, “You're back?”

“Yeah, I went out with Minjung. But then met up with Jungkook and his friend at the mall.” Hanuel explained as she took a seat at the kitchen table. Her mom turned around, “Could you get the lettuce out from the fridge and wash them?”

She got up, “Sure.”

“Oh yeah, I have some good news for you.” Mrs. Lee said as she dried her hands onto her apron. Hanuel blinked, “What good news?”

“Your cousin from Japan is coming to visit for the summer.” She exclaimed. Hanuel's face contorted into one of confusion, “I have a cousin from Japan?”


“Well, he's actually from South Korea but he moved there along with his mother and father about ten years ago. His mother's my older sister, remember?”

“How old is he then?”

“You guys have a pretty big is all I can say. I'm not so sure how old he is. You can ask him when he comes.”

“When is he coming?”

Her mother chuckled, “You're curious aren't you?” Hanuel pouted, “Who wouldn't be?” Mrs. Lee shrugged, “He's coming tomorrow night. We're going to the airport to pick his family up.”

“Does he have siblings my age?”

“Two younger sisters studying abroad somewhere, I believe.”

Hanuel tilted her head in thought, “Have I ever met him?” Her mother nodded, “When you were little. He came to visit when you were three years old. I doubt you remember though, right?”

“Nope.”

“You'll remember tomorrow, don't worry.” Mrs. Lee waved off the matter.

- - - - -

The next day, Jungkook was at home all alone while his mom brought Junghwa out to the restaurant. His dad wasn't at home either.

Neither was Hanuel.

He walked back into his room and sat down onto the edge of his bed. Jungkook stared at his phone impatiently.

Didn't she say she'd call him today?

Why hasn't she?

Did she not see his texts?

He frowned when he dialled in her number, only to cancel it out. He threw his phone onto the bed in annoyance and lay down onto his pillow.


Was he being too concerned?

His eyes practically flew open when he heard his phone ring and he straightened up to pick it up.

“Hello?”

“Hey kid, are you free today-”

His eye twitched in annoyance and he ended the call. About a few seconds later, it rang again.

He answered it.

“Kid, don't hang up on me just because I'm not your girlfriend.”

Jungkook scowled, “What do you want, Yoongi hyung?”

“Damn, grumpy. Here, you can talk to someone else. I don't want you biting my head off through the phone.”

He rolled his eyes when he heard shuffling in the receiver, probably because Suga did manage to get somebody else to talk to him.

“Why are you handing it to me- oh. Hey Jungkook?”

“Yes, Jin hyung?”

“We were going to go to a skate park today. Are you up for it?”

Jungkook mentally sighed.

He had nothing better to do and going out with friends would be a better idea than rolling around in boredom for the rest of the day.

“Sure.”

- - - - -

Hanuel followed her parents into the airport while her father led the way. She looked up at the signs and she was overall fascinated by the amount of people here.

“Which terminal were they coming in from?” Mrs. Lee asked. Her husband checked the paper, “Terminal 3.”

“Are they staying with us during their time here?” Hanuel questioned. Her mother shook her head, “They have their own apartment a few neighbourhoods down. My sister and her husband come back and forth frequently, but this is the first time their son has come along.” Hanuel nodded in response, taking this all in.

Hanuel was about to reach into her pocket and take out her phone to check the time, but she blinked when she realized there was nothing in her pocket. She looked down in surprise and she mentally smacked herself for leaving it at home.

“Did you forget your phone?” Her mother asked. Hanuel looked up and nodded, “I must have left it on the kitchen table before we left. But I don't think I need my phone, so it's okay.”

“What if somebody needs to call or text you?” Her mother chuckled. Hanuel shrugged,

“They can wait.”

“I think this should be the waiting area.” Her father stated as they neared a crowd of people. They stood by the railings and watched as the people streamed in through the glass doors. Hanuel's eyes were curious as she scanned through the people to see her cousin.

“Is that them back there?” Mrs. Lee whispered as she squinted her eyes. Her husband tilted his head to get a better view before his eyes widened, “Yeah, it is!” Hanuel's eyes rounded and she stood on her tippy-toes to see who the were talking about.

Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw nobody that stood out to her.

Nobody she remembered.

She turned to her parents, “Who?” But they didn't even bother replying to her as they started waving their hands.

“Over here!” Her mother shouted. A few heads turned, but some looked away after realizing they weren't the people they were looking for. However, two heads did remain fixed as they walked closer with their luggage.

“My, my. Is that you?” A lady asked as she came forward and hugged Hanuel's mom. “You've lost weight haven't you?” Mrs. Lee teased. Her older sister chuckled, “So have you.”

Hanuel tilted her head in surprise as she finally remember her aunt's face. Her aunt pulled back and gasped, “Hanuel! Dear, you've grown up so much.” Hanuel gave her a small smile, “Hi auntie.” Her aunt came over and ruffled her hair, as well as giving her cheek a squeeze, causing her to wince, “I haven't seen you in years. You've grown taller and prettier.” Hanuel smiled, and then turned to the man standing beside her, “Nice to see you too, uncle.” He nodded with a grin.

“Now, where's that son of mine?” She frowned and turned around. Her husband turned around, “He said he needed to say goodbye to his friends and would be caught up with us soon.”

“There he is.” He said as he pointed into the crowd. Hanuel followed his gaze and she blinked when she realized that there was a whole group of guys.

One guy had thick-rimmed glasses, one was tall, one was short, and another looked like a punk off the streets.

Which one was her cousin?

“Hey, hurry up! We've been waiting for you.” Her aunt shouted once again. Hanuel looked up to see which one of the guys would respond and her jaw dropped.

Her cousin was the tall one that looked like a model out of a magazine?

- - - - -

“Still in a bad mood?” Suga teased as Jungkook walked across the street and towards the group. The youngest rolled his eyes and ignored his question. V chuckled and put his arm around his shoulder, bringing him into the skate park.

“I haven't skated for a year or two.” Rap Monster confessed as he adjusted his sunglasses and walked down the stairs to the ramps. Jin walked after him, “Neither have I.”

“That's because you guys are growing old.” Jimin laughed, only to have Suga hit his head, “You're the fourth oldest here. Did you forget?”

“Where's your girlfriend?” Rap Monster suddenly asked as they gathered around. Jungkook looked up, “I don't know.” V raised an eyebrow, “Oh, really? Maybe she got bored of you.” Jimin grinned, “I don't think so. Look at this kid, he's practically the eye-candy of his grade. Any girl would stay with him.”

“Invite her next time?” Jin requested. Jungkook looked around, “She doesn't skate, though.”

“He taught her how to breakdance.” J-Hope commented. Jimin's eyes rounded in interest, “Seriously? Maybe she can join our crew.”

“No thanks. She's going to break all of her bones.” Jungkook rolled his eyes. Rap Monster pretended to gag, “You youngsters. I don't understand your miniscule worries for each other.” He set down his skateboard and walked up the ramp.

“Don't just because you're a lone wolf.” V rolled his eyes and went after him. Suga smirked, “It's fun teasing him, don't you think?” Jimin pushed him forward with a roll of his eyes, “Just go, hyung.”

"I still find it sad how you're the youngest yet you already have a girlfriend." J-Hope shook his head as the two of them walked towards their own ramp. Jungkook shrugged, "You guys just ." J-Hope chuckled, "Sure we do."


After having a competition with Jimin to see who'd do the most tricks in one run, Jungkook set down his skateboard and walked towards the bench to take a break. He took out his phone to see if she had replied but to his dismay, she hadn't.

J-Hope walked over and sat down beside him, propping his own skateboard up, “Waiting for a call?” Jungkook looked up, “Sort of.” The older of the two smirked, “She must have another man better than you.”

“Shut up, hyung.”

“I'm kidding. You two are practically inseparable. She's probably just busy.” J-Hope shrugged and got up to do another round.

Jungkook looked up at his friends for a brief second before heaving a sigh. He finally made up his mind to call her.

“Hello?”

He clucked his tongue, “You haven't answered to any of my texts.” He heard her sheepish laugh from the other side, and almost instantly, he was ready to overlook everything.

“I had to go to the airport and pick up my cousin. I also left my phone at home, sorry.”

“It's fine. I just missed hearing your voice, teddy bear.”

“I should have known you were going to say that.”

He could almost imagine her rolling her eyes and grinned, “Didn't you miss hearing mine?

“Not really.”

“You're lying, aren't you?”

“Yeah, yeah. Where are you?”

“You didn't deny it at least. I'm at a skate park with my friends. You?”

“Just got home but I have to go out again. My parents want to bring my aunt and uncle around town.

Jungkook was about to reply when he heard her name being called from her line.

By a guy.

“Hanuel, come here!”

He then heard her shout back a quick 'okay' to whoever that person was.

“I have to go now, Jungkook. I'll talk to you later, bye!”

The call ended and he narrowed his eyes.

Wait- was her cousin a guy or a girl?

It better have been a girl


musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif

Sorry for the late update D: I'm starting school soon so my parents wanted to bring me everywhere before summer ended. 

But can you guys guess who her cousin is? :D A tall and handsome guy? That's also fluent in Japanese? LOL. Maybe it's Zelo. Kidding. This guy's taller than Zelo x] I hate all these tall guys who make me feel like a midget akdwkadjsa. it's okay though. there's always L.Joe right? i love you l.joe LOL. 

Hope you guys liked the chapter! ^-^