Hang Out

Next Stop, Insanity

Hanuel's eyes flew open in shock when she practically felt the blaring noise of her phone beside her ear. She winced and swiftly turned her head to see her phone buzzing.

It was partly her fault for falling asleep with it after she replied to Jungkook though.

She furrowed her eyebrows and reached for it.

“Hello?”

“Are you awake?”

“I am now.”

“Oh, whoops. I forgot you're a late riser.” Minjung chuckled from the other line. Hanuel sleepily grinned, “Glad you remembered. Why'd you call?”

“Let's hang out at the mall today!”

“Now?”

“Yep! I'm going to come over in an hour. Bye!”

Hanuel blinked when the dial tone sounded. She rolled her eyes and got up. Yawning, she walked into the washroom to wash up.

After brushing her teeth and tying her hair up into a ponytail, she left her room and headed into the kitchen. She looked around when she realized that the apartment was rather quiet. That's when she noticed the note stuck on the fridge.

Your dad went to work already, and I have to open up the shop again. I'll be home to make you dinner, sweetie! If you get bored, I don't mind you going over to the Jeon's or hanging out with your friends.

Love,
Mom


Hanuel smiled before sticking the note back onto the fridge. She got the cereal box from the cupboards and poured a bowl out for herself. She also added in the milk and sat down at the table to eat her breakfast.

Just as she finished eating, she heard the doorbell ring. Hanuel blinked in surprise and quickly put the bowl into the sink to open the door.

Minjung?

She opened the door, only to stumble back a few steps when Minjung gave her a tackle-hug.

“Do you know how much I missed you?” Minjung gasped when she pulled back. Hanuel laughed, “I think I can tell.” Minjung tilted her head, “You're darker than I last saw you.”

Hanuel's face fell, “Thanks. I know.” Minjung grinned and put her hand onto her shoulder, “You still look pretty though. Go get dressed, miss.” Hanuel rolled her eyes, “Yes ma'am.”

After changing into a sleeveless hoodie and some shorts, Hanuel came back out. Minjung looked up, “Ready to go?”

She nodded.

As Hanuel was putting on her shoes, Minjung stole her phone from out of her pocket and her eyes widened in surprise.

“Minjung-”

“I'm borrowing this for a second. I bet your boyfriend's been texting you!” She exclaimed as she ran down the halls of the apartment building. Hanuel gaped at her as she closed the apartment door,

“Minjung!”

- - - - -

Hanuel waited at the cafe table while Minjung went to get their drinks. She thanked her friend when she returned.

“Hey, don't you have work today?” Minjung blinked. Hanuel shook her head, “Zelo's family is still on vacation and they're not back for another week, so I have another week off.” Minjung sighed in envy, “I wish I worked there.”

“I thought you said you got over him.” Hanuel raised an eyebrow.

“Doesn't mean I don't think he's cute.” Minjung winked.

“Of course.”

“So, tell me about your trip.” Minjung tilted her head.

“What do I tell you?”

“How you and Jungkook got together?”

“Oh. He confessed, I did the same?”

Minjung slapped her hand onto her forehead, “Seriously? No details?” Hanuel scrunched up her face, “Did you want me to write you a full-out report on it or something?”

“'Yes, please!”

“Maybe some other day.”

Minjung stuck out her tongue and turned to look out the window. The mall was rather busy today, and many teenagers were also hanging out. Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw two guys walk by, and then her eyes rounded in recognition.

She grabbed onto Hanuel's arm from across the table, almost causing her to spill her drink, “I found your boyfriend!”

Hanuel retracted her hand, “What are you talking about?” Minjung grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the cafe. “He came to the mall today too. Isn't this called fate?” Hanuel stumbled after her,

“Why are we going after him?”

“To stalk him.”

Hanuel's eyes widened and she halted, “No thank you.” Minjung turned around and frowned, “Oh come on.”

This didn't seem like a good idea at all.

- - - - -

Jungkook shoved his hands into his pockets and looked around the mall.

He was going to ask Hanuel to see if she wanted to hang out today but instead-

“Are you zoning out on me?”

He looked up at his hyung and nodded, “Yeah. You're boring.” J-Hope feigned shock, “That's mean. Would you rather be with your girlfriend?”

“Yes.”

J-Hope rolled his eyes, “Why did I even ask?”

“Why am I even here? You didn't tell me we were going to the mall.”

“You're supposed to help me pick out a present for my mom. Also, we can go practice later when we call up the others.” J-Hope explained. Jungkook sighed, “Why couldn't you have gotten one of the single guys?”

“Because being a blocker is fun.” J-Hope grinned, earning a punch on the arm.

“Just hurry up and pick out your present.”

“Going, going.” J-Hope replied as he walked into another store. Jungkook stayed outside and leaned against the railings. He looked around at the people passing by.

Minjung hid behind one of the pillars and peeked out at him. Hanuel stood behind her and frowned, “Can we go now?”

“Don't you want to see your boyfriend?” Minjung blinked.

“No.”

“Nobody would even be able to tell that you guys are a couple.” Minjung rolled her eyes. Hanuel pouted, “I don't want to see him here. That would be weird. Can we go?”

Minjung turned around and sighed in defeat, “Fine. Let's go.” She let Hanuel walked ahead of her for a few steps before a sly grin came onto her lips. She quickly her heels and ran in the opposite direction.

“Jungkook!”

Hanuel paused in her steps while her jaw dropped.

Was that Minjung's voice?

She turned around in horror when she saw Jungkook turn his head in their direction. He was confused for a second when Minjung stopped in front of him. She said a few things before pointing at the stunned Hanuel.

Jungkook tilted his head with a smirk, “Hanuel came too?”

Hanuel reluctantly walked over and stood beside Minjung. Jungkook raised an eyebrow, “Why do you look so gloomy?”

“Don't worry. She's just secretly happy that you're here now-” Hanuel covered Minjung's mouth with her hand and shot her a look in embarrassment, “Shush.” She let out a yelp when Minjung her hand. Hanuel stared at her hand in disgust before wiping it on her pants, “That's gross, Minjung.”

“Your fault.” Minjung grinned.

“So, this means we should hang out together?” Jungkook tilted his head. Minjung nodded excitedly, “Yep!”

J-Hope came out of the store and he blinked in surprise, “Whoa, what's this?” Jungkook casually slung an arm over Hanuel's shoulder, “I don't think I'll be as bored anymore.” Hanuel pinked and shoved his arm off, stepping off to the side. J-Hope laughed at their interaction, “I see.”

Minjung rolled her eyes and put Hanuel's hand into Jungkook's, “Watching you two is going to kill me, seriously.” J-Hope nodded in agreement, “You feel that way too?”


Hanuel mentally sighed as they began walking. Jungkook turned his head, “Do you really not want to hang out with me?” Hanuel looked at him and stuck out her tongue, “Not after somebody was being erted.”

“When did I- oh.” His face broke out into a grin and he leaned down to her face,

“The same offer is open for tonight.” She pushed his head back, “Stop it.” Jungkook straightened up, “You're so cute.”

“Uh huh.”

And hot.”

“Jungkook.”


And pretty.”

“Are you done yet?”

And mine.”

“I'm going to slap you.”

“That's a true fact though!”

- - - - -

After walking around for another hour, J-Hope managed to find a gift, and Minjung bought a new sweater while the couple- well, they were still bickering.

“I can't tell if you guys are flirting or if you're actually in an argument.” J-Hope commented. Hanuel looked at his back figure, “What do you mean?”

“I think it's just their way of flirting.” Minjung pointed out.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, “Can you guys stop talking about us as if we're not here?”


J-Hope turned around and grinned, “Annoyed yet?” Jungkook rolled his eyes, “Can't you tell?” He was jerked back when Hanuel stopped all of a sudden. He turned to her in surprise, only to find her looking at one of the stores.

Hanuel bent down to look at the table with earring displays. Her eyes brightened when she saw that the store sold double-piercing earrings.

Jungkook tilted his head, “You have two piercings?” Hanuel nodded and tucked her hair behind her ear, showing him her earrings. His eyes rounded, “What a rebel.” She scoffed, but her eyes showed amusement.

“I think these ones would fit you.” Jungkook said as he let go of her hand to pick up a pair. One end of the earring had a skull while the other end had a cross. Hanuel blinked, “A skull?”

He nodded, “Because damn girl, you're deadly.”

She processed the words for a few seconds before her jaw dropped, “Oh my god.”

He grinned as a response.

Hanuel looked around before her eyes fell onto another pair. She picked it up and tilted her head.

One end was a hoop, while the other was a plain black diamond.

“That one would fit your hair colour.” Jungkook commented. Hanuel nodded, “I think so too. I think I'll get this one.” She picked it up and walked towards the cash register. She took out her wallet and gave it to the cashier, only to have her hand pushed to the side. She blinked in surprise, “What-”

“I'll pay.” Jungkook smiled at the cashier. She chuckled and gave him his change, “How cute.” Jungkook slung an arm around Hanuel's shoulder, “I know.”

Once they got out of the shop, Hanuel shoved his arm off, “Hey! I was going to pay.” He shrugged, “Too late.” She frowned at him, “Jungkook, seriously.” He simply grabbed her hand and led the way to catch up with the other two.

Minjung and J-Hope were standing at another store and was looking at some figurines together. She looked up, “Finally.”

J-Hope looked up as well, “Hey Hanuel, do you want to come to practice with us? Your friend doesn't mind.” Minjung nodded, “Want to? I'd love to see their dance practice.”

Hanuel sighed, “Would you even let me refuse?”

Minjung grinned, “Nope!”

- - - - -

They arrived at the dance studio and J-Hope rang the doorbell. One of the workers there opened it up and greeted him before stepping aside for them to head in.

Jungkook turned to J-Hope, “Are the others coming?”

“I don't think so.”

Minjung looked around in awe at their studio while Hanuel found a bench to sit down on. Minjung sat down beside her and shook her arm, “This studio is way bigger than the one I go to.”

“I think they need all the room they can get if they're going to be spinning and flipping all over the place.” Hanuel explained. She looked up when she saw Jungkook come out of the back room. He met eyes with her and winked. Her face flushed and she turned the other way. Jungkook chuckled.

J-Hope came back out and he plugged in his music player into the docking station. He looked at Jungkook who nodded back in confirmation.

The music began to play.

The two girls watched as they warmed up, but once they got into their real practice, they were dumbfounded.

“To think all this time I thought Zelo and his crew was the best.” Minjung whispered when she saw Jungkook do a flip. Hanuel smiled.

She didn't know why but every time she saw him dance, she felt happy herself.

Jungkook finished off a successful power move and he panted as he stood back up. He turned to see Hanuel's reaction, and he was a bit surprised to see her glinting eyes. She looked back up at him and smiled.

His eyes rounded.


Did she just smile at him?

He began smiling back.

Yeah. She did.

He walked over to the bench,

“Do you guys want us to teach you guys a few moves?”

Hanuel's eyes widened, “What?” Minjung looked up in surprise as well.

J-Hope walked over, “Yeah. It'll be fun.” Hanuel furrowed her eyebrows in contemplation while Minjung stood up right away, “Sure!” Hanuel looked at her with wide eyes while her friend pulled her up as well, “I take it that she wants to learn too.”

“Hey wait-”

Jungkook pulled her arm, causing her to stumble into his chest and he grinned, “Look, I'm teaching you again. Just like the time I had to teach you Math. Remember?”

She scowled and pulled back, “Jerk.” Jungkook ruffled her hair affectionately,

“Just kidding.”

- - - - -

The two girls picked up well, even as beginners. J-Hope and Jungkook simply taught them some basic footwork, and a short routine.

Jungkook did the footwork once more, and then turned around to watch the two girls. He raised an eyebrow in concern when he saw Hanuel rub her wrist,

“Are you hurt?”

She looked up at him, “I accidentally kicked it. I'm fine, though.” He walked over, “I think we've taught you enough today then. Let's just take a break.” She blinked, “But I'm really okay-”

“Stop talking or else I'll kiss you.” He whispered.

She quickly shut her lips.

Minjung slumped down to the floor and heaved a sigh, “Wow. How do you guys manage to do this everyday?”


“It took us a while too.” J-Hope chuckled as he got up.

Hanuel was sitting criss-cross on the floor with Jungkook beside her. He looked at her wrist and did a double-take before grabbing her hand.

“What are you doing?” She inquired.

Jungkook didn't reply.

Instead, he lightly massaged her wrist. Hanuel's heart fluttered and she looked up at him. He turned and met eyes with her. He softened, “Stop getting hurt.”

Speechless, all she could do was nod as a reply.

His eyes lit up when an idea crossed his mind and he gently set her hand back into her lap. He stood up and took out his phone, “Hey hyung, can you come here for a second?” J-Hope came over, “What?”

“Take a picture for us.” Jungkook replied. Hanuel looked up at them, “Wait what?” Jungkook crouched down, “All you have to do is just stay in this position and look pretty, alright?”

She furrowed her eyebrows, “What are you planning?”

Minjung walked over to see what was going on.

“When do I take the picture?” J-Hope asked. Jungkook looked up, “You'll know when.”

He stretched out his wrists and his neck before positioning himself right in front of her. Hanuel's eyes crossed when he planted both palms on the ground on either side of her body.

Before she could even register what had happened, he used one hand to support his body weight and did a freeze in the air while he leaned in to capture her lips.

Her eyes widened.

What?

photo musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif


Also! To any of you who are interested, I have made a new Jungkook/Zelo fanfic :D If you guys want to check it out, here's the link: Forgetful, But Not Forgotten

Anyway, thank you guys for commenting, upvoting and subscribing! <3 Ehe. x) 

Bye guys!