Teddy Bear Museum

Next Stop, Insanity

Hanuel tilted her head to look up at the ceiling. She put her arms under her head and closed her eyes as she let out a sigh. She couldn't fall asleep.

This time, she actually knew why.


She turned to her side and reached for the doll that was resting on the pillow. She chuckled softly, careful not to wake up her parents, and hugged it against her chest. She felt giddy all over and she just couldn't stop smiling.

Is this what this feeling was supposed to be like?

She didn't know.

She was also dumbfounded by herself. How come she wasn't aware of her own feelings? She should have known, right?

Or at least notice that he was the only one she reacted differently towards. 

Hanuel rolled onto her back and shut her eyes, determined to fall asleep.

On the other hand, there was somebody in the other room who was just as restless. Jungkook pulled the blanket over his head and mentally groaned. He couldn't fall asleep either since his mind was still occupied.

By her.

And when your mind's still working, you usually can't fall asleep.

He sat up and threw the blanket off himself. Jungkook grabbed his phone from the nightstand and turned it on. A smile came onto his lips when he saw his wallpaper. He went through all his photos and he couldn't help but wonder something.

How did she not notice when he took pictures of her?

Seriously?

He rolled his eyes and turned it off. He looked up at the ceiling and he felt a sudden urge to go over to her room and just hug her.

Or you know- kiss her again.

He put an arm over his eyes.

That could all wait until tomorrow.

- - - - -

“Hanuel, wake up. We have a lot planned for today.”

Hanuel groaned and turned the other way, successfully pulling her blanket over her head. Her mother frowned and pulled it off, “Come on. Wake up.”

“Where are we even going?” Hanuel muttered.

“We'll be taking a bus to the Teddy Bear Museum, and then we'll have lunch and dinner at the restaurants.”

Hanuel's eyes lit up, “Really? That famous one on Jeju?” Her mother chuckled and ruffled her hair, “So wake up, get dressed and come downstairs to join us for breakfast, alright?” Her mother got up and headed downstairs. Hanuel sat up and yawned. She rolled off the bed and stretched out her back before walking into the washroom.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror- but why did her thoughts drift off to him?

Hanuel put a hand over her chest when she felt her heartbeat. She took note that every time she talked, thought about, or interacted with him, her heartbeat would become irregular.

Why did she never notice this before?

After washing up, she put on a pair of jean shorts and a strapless floral blouse. She checked her outfit and tied her hair up, securing it with a clip. With a deep breath, she left the room and headed downstairs.

Her dad looked up from the table and he raised an eyebrow, “Ah, Hanuel, come over and eat.” She nodded and walked over to sit beside him. “Good morning auntie and uncle. Good morning to you too, Jungie.” She smiled and ruffled Junghwa's hair. Junghwa giggled, “Good morning unnie!”

“Good morning, dear.” Mrs. Jeon smiled. Mr. Jeon nodded in acknowledgement as well.

Hanuel counted the heads and her eyebrows furrowed when she realized that Jungkook hadn't come down yet.

But speaking of the devil-

“Oppa!” Junghwa shouted as she hopped off her mother's lap and ran towards her brother. She hugged his legs and looked up at him, “Good morning.” Jungkook chuckled and crouched down, “Hey. Did mom do your hair today?” She nodded and shook her head, moving her two pigtails around, “Isn't it so pretty?”

“Yeah, it is.” He picked her up and when he looked up, he noticed Hanuel was staring at him. He raised an eyebrow and she quickly looked away. He rolled his eyes in amusement and walked over to his seat. His dad looked at him,

“Why do you look so tired?”

Jungkook blinked, “What do you mean?” His dad tilted his head and studied his son, “Your eyes look dreary. Did you sleep late?” Hanuel looked up from her bowl in interest.

Did this mean he lost sleep because of the same reason she did?

Jungkook shrugged and took a bite of his bread, “I just had something important on my mind.” His dad nodded, “I see.” Hanuel bit her lip in thought.

So it was true?

Jungkook glanced at her, and he thanked the seating positions that he was sitting right in front of her. An idea crossed his mind and he almost laughed out loud. Hanuel's eyes rounded when she felt something nudge against her leg. She looked under the table in surprise and her mother gave her a questioning look,

“What's wrong?”

“Oh, uh, nothing. Just checking something.” Hanuel meekly grinned. She turned to Jungkook and glared at him. He simply smiled and nudged her again. This time, she scowled and pulled her legs back. Jungkook frowned and mouthed something along the lines of 'party pooper'. Hanuel simply ignored him.

Mr. Lee looked up, “So are we all ready to go now?” Hanuel's mother got up, “I'll put the dishes away.” Hanuel got up as well, “I'll help, mom.” Her mother chuckled, “Alright then.”

Mr. Jeon stretched out his back, “I can already tell today's going to be a long day.”

“Teddy bears!” Junghwa giggled as she ran to her dad. He picked her up and poked her stomach, “Are you that excited?” She nodded happily, “Yep!” Jungkook playfully poked her nose, “You're weird.”


“Eh? I'm not weird! Wha, daddy! Oppa's being mean to me.” Junghwa wailed. Her dad frowned and look at his son, “Jungkook. Quit it.” Jungkook simply shrugged with a grin and went to put his plate away.

His dad tilted his head.

Was it just him or was his son a lot more playful today?

- - - - -

Hanuel got onto the bus and she blinked when she saw her parents sitting together. Her mother looked up, “Honey, you can sit wherever you'd like.” Hanuel walked past them and pouted.

Ditched.

She found a seat near the back, and she saw Mr. Jeon, Mrs. Jeon and Junghwa sitting together in one seat. She saw Jungkook walk onto the bus and his eyes scanned over the seats. Her eyes widened and she ducked under, hoping he wouldn't see her.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow when he saw her hide and he rolled his eyes. He walked over to her seat, and sat down right beside her. Hanuel looked up, “Go away.”

“No.”

“Why are you still acting like this around me?” Jungkook questioned. Hanuel shrugged, “How am I supposed to act?” He leaned in, “Lovey dovey?” Hanuel pinked and she turned the other way,

“No thank you.”

Jungkook scoffed, “You're weird.” She whirled around, “How am I weird?” He clucked his tongue, “After telling a guy you like him, aren't you supposed to act upon those feelings?” Her jaw dropped, “What-”

“I don't mind acting on them at all.” Jungkook whispered as he tilted her chin up. Hanuel held her breathe, “Jungkook.” He chuckled and leaned back, “I'm kidding.”

“You're so annoying.”

“I've been told, teddy bear.”

“Teddy bear?”

“Yeah. Remember I said I'd call you that?”


“Nope.”

“Need me to remind you?”

“No thank you, either.”

After a while, other tourists, foreigners, and locals got onto the bus as well. Hanuel blinked when she saw the amount of people and she looked out the window to see many other people lining up to get on.

She was really looking forward to this. Maybe it was because she really liked plushies but, she'd be going with Jungkook and the thought of that made her happy enough. Not to mention, this Teddy Bear Museum was a famous tourist attraction at Jeju.

She turned to look at him, who already had his headphones over his ears. She tilted her head in confusion.

How come he acts so normal around her?

As if nothing happened last night?

Was she supposed to act like that too?

- - - - -

When the bus arrived, many other people who had gotten onto the bus earlier, piled out. Junghwa hopped down the steps and her eyes widened. She ran forward and her mother gasped, “Junghwa! Come back!”

Jungkook sighed, “I'll get her.”

“This better have been worth the money.” Mr. Jeon shook his head. Hanuel's dad chuckled, “I hope so too.”

They went into the building, and the parents were in charge of paying the admission fees. Hanuel was holding onto to Junghwa's hand and Jungkook had the other. Once the parents were done, they turned around and gave them their passes.

“We don't mind you guys going off on your own. Just meet us up here in about an hour or so, alright?” Mrs. Jeon said. Jungkook nodded, “Got it.”

“We'll be going then, mom.” Hanuel waved as Junghwa dragged them along. Jungkook chuckled at her energy, “Where do you want to go first?”

“Anywhere!” Junghwa gasped when she saw the first few teddy bears in sight. Hanuel smiled, “Alright then, Jungie. Let's go.”

- - - - -

It may have been fascinating to Junghwa and Hanuel, but Jungkook was a bit bored.

No.

More like annoyed.

Why the hell were there so many different sizes, colours- everything!?

He yawned and Hanuel turned around. “Are you bored?” He nodded, “Yeah.” She frowned, “Aw come on. Don't you think these teddy bears are cute?” He looked at the two teddy bears in the glass display case before turning his attention back to her.

“Not really.”

Hanuel rolled her eyes, “Idiot.” She turned around to catch up to Junghwa when she was jerked back. Jungkook held onto her wrist and tilted his head, “Do you want to know what I think is cuter?” Her eyes widened and she felt her heart rate pick up once again. He intertwined their fingers,

“You.”

Hanuel quickly ducked her head and tried pulling her hand out but he kept a firm grip, “Let go.” He shook his head and pulled her along, “At least let me hold your hand, will you?”

She looked down at their hands.

It's not like she minded.

But-

“If you don't let me, I'll just hug you for the entire time instead.”

Her eyes widened and she quickly grabbed onto his hand. Jungkook grinned and gave her hand a squeeze as he pulled her ahead, “Glad you complied this time.” She rolled her eyes, “You stupid black-mailer.” He chuckled,

“Admittedly.”

Hanuel's focus soon drifted back to the actual museum itself. They came across life-sized teddy bears and her eyes widened. She walked over, successfully dragging him along as well. Jungkook almost tripped and he looked up at her in surprise, “Hey-”

“They're so cute!” Hanuel exclaimed as she looked at the teddy bears dressed in a princess and prince costume. Junghwa also turned around and ran over in interest. Hanuel smiled, “That's so cool.” Junghwa nodded in agreement, “They're so big, unnie!” Jungkook rolled his eyes, “I'm taller than it.”

“You're definitely not cuter.” Hanuel retorted and Junghwa burst out laughing, “Unnie, good job!” She grabbed onto her free hand and pulled her along. Jungkook sighed in defeat, “Seriously, Hanuel?” She turned around, “What?”

“You turn down my offer to be your personal teddy bear, yet you ogle over these over-sized cotton balls?”

She scoffed, “I'd rather hug that instead of hugging you.” He stepped closer to her and leaned down to her ear, "I'd rather hug you, though.” Her eyes widened and she quickly stepped to the other side, careful not to stumble over Junghwa.

“Stop it!”

“But it's true. You're already letting me hold your hand.”

“You threatened me!”

“Unnie! Oppa!” Junghwa exclaimed. They stopped bickering and looked down at her, “What is it?”

Junghwa smiled and tilted her head and she pointed to their hands, which were still connected,

“You sound like a mommy and daddy.”

Hanuel looked up at him and he smirked.

“I think that sounds just about right, Junghwa.”

“What- No! Oh jeez.”

- - - - -

“How big is this museum?” Jungkook groaned when they entered another room. Junghwa was already busy looking at the bears ahead of them, so she didn't hear his question. But Hanuel slapped his arm, “If you didn't like it, why did you come along?”

“Parents came.”

“You could have stayed outside.”

“How could I turn down time that I'd get to spend together with you?”

She blinked but then her eyes rounded, “You're so- I've run out of words to describe you.”

“Awesome? Amazing? Hot? Handsome? Perfect?”

“None of those can ever be linked to you.” Hanuel rolled her eyes. Jungkook pouted at her, “Now that's rude. Do you know what words I can link to you?”

“Please don't say it.”

“Beautiful, pretty, amazing, hot, perfect and mine.”

Hanuel raised an eyebrow, “Is that a compliment?” Jungkook chuckled, “I guess so.”

“Why can't you compliment people like a normal person?”

Jungkook didn't reply.

He let go of her hand, and instead, hugged her from behind. Her eyes widened and she looked around to see if anyone was watching. Junghwa was still busy looking at the display cases and Hanuel heaved a sigh of relief. She grabbed onto his arms,

“Jungkook, let go.”

“I don't want to.”

“Your sister's going to turn around soon.”

“So?”

“Jungkook!”

“Why do you still push me away?”

“Well- uh, because I-” She sighed and let her hands drop, “I don't know how to act around you anymore.”

“What do you mean?”


“Am I supposed to be friendly around you now? Or just ignore -”

“Hanuel.”

She stopped talking, “What?”

“Just be yourself. Nothing between us has changed. The only thing that happened was the fact that we got to understand each other better than before. I'd rather you not avoid me, so I don't mind if we continue like this.”

“Is it really that simple?”


He chuckled and tightened his hold as he tilted his head and leaned in to kiss her cheek from behind,

“I think you're just over thinking everything.”

A small smile finally made its way onto her lips, “I have, haven't I?” Jungkook smiled as a response and Hanuel let out a sigh of relief.

So it was true. Her irregular heartbeat only ever happens around him.

She smiled at the thought.

Junghwa turned around at that moment, and her eyes almost popped out, 
“Oppa! What are you doing to unnie?”

Jungkook's eyes widened, “Giving her a hug?” Hanuel's eyes rounded as well. Junghwa ran over and pulled them apart,

“No way! Unnie's mine. Go away, oppa.” She frowned and pulled Hanuel away. Hanuel turned around with hanging open.

That was not the reaction she predicted.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, “Junghwa.”

“I'm stealing unnie away from you!”

“Hey!”


photo musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif

I am so sorry for the late update! I've been away for a few days with my family on a camping trip, and I could only reply to people's wallposts/messages T-T I finally got the chance to update today since I'm home now (:

Also, I reached 400 subscribers! o-o I can't believe it. Thank you guys so much! <3 I never expected this story to even reach that many subbies ;~; So thank you, sincerely. I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally thankful! I also met a lot of new friends through writing this story so I'm really happy about that. Thank you to everyone who's been there since the beginning, and everyone who just started reading. :3

Oh yeah! This family trip ends soon ;) So they can finally head back!~ Aren't you excited to see everyone's reactions as to their new relationship? :D 

Bye! ^^

this place they went to is actually a really famous tourist attraction in Jeju. omg, i'd love to go there. teddy bear heaven? yes please! <3