Water Fight

Next Stop, Insanity

 

Hanuel turned to look at her mother after hearing Junghwa's request,

“Mom, can I have some money to go buy some ice cream for us three?”

Mrs. Lee turned to her daughter and pulled away from her conversation with the other parents, “Sure thing. The money's just in my purse.” Hanuel smiled and wiped her sand-covered hands on the towel and got up. After she got a few bills, she turned back to Junghwa,

“Ready to go?”

Junghwa pouted, “Can unnie go for me? I want to play!” Hanuel blinked, “Hey, but you said you'd come with me.” Junghwa shook her head, “Next time, unnie!” Hanuel blew a raspberry, “Alright then, I'll go.” She bent down and told her mom that she was going and walked along the beach shore. Jungkook looked up,

“Hey, Jungie. I'll go with your unnie. Stay here, alright?”

Junghwa tilted her head, “You're leaving me too?” He chuckled and bent down to poke her nose, “I'm just making sure your unnie's safe. You wouldn't want anything to happen to her, right?” Her eyes widened, “No!” Jungkook got up, “Then, I'll be right back.”

He jogged after her.

Hanuel looked around at the people enjoying themselves, and a small serene smile came onto her face. She watched as a little girl ran away after pouring a bucket of water on her older brother.

Those two reminded her a lot of another pair of siblings.

She arrived at the ice cream vendor and the guy got up from his seat to greet her.

“What can I get for a pretty girl like you?” He grinned. Hanuel blinked at his tone but then looked up at the list, “Oh, um, one strawberry cone, mint chocolate cone and one vanilla please.” He nodded and turned around to prepare the cones. He finished all three, and put them into a little tray before handing it over to her.

“How about we make a deal?” The guy grinned. Hanuel raised a questioning eyebrow, “Huh?” He put his elbows onto the counter and leaned forward, “I'll pay for the ice cream, and in return, will you hang out with me?”

“I don't even know you though.” Hanuel replied in-all-honestly. He chuckled, “That's why we can get to know each other.”

“But I-”

“Oh come on, I'm trying to flirt with you and you're not making it easy at all.” He admitted. Hanuel laughed, “Oh, so that's that you were trying to do.” He nodded and tilted his head, “So what do you say?”

“I'll just pay for the goddamn cones.”

Hanuel turned her head to see Jungkook put some cash onto the counter before pulling her arm and dragging her away. She sent an apologetic smile to the cashier and turned back to Jungkook, “Hey! If I trip, you're going to have to buy three new cones.” She raised an eyebrow when he didn't say anything, “What's up with you?”

“I swear, that guy is that blonde skyscraper in disguise.” He muttered. “Blonde skyscraper?” Hanuel questioned. “Zelo. Your boyfriend. That guy even had blonde hair.” Jungkook rolled his eyes. fell open, “That's mean, and he's not my boyfriend.” He scoffed, “Whatever you say.”

“You're pissed of again, aren't you?”

“What makes you say that?” Jungkook sarcastically drawled. She frowned and stepped away from him “I don't know. Maybe it's the steam you're blowing off at me.”

“You can tell when I'm mad, but you can't tell that I like-” He turned away, “Never mind.” His eyes rounded when she shoved his ice cream onto his mouth,

“Then maybe this ice cream will cool you down.”

Hanuel took the remaining two and walked ahead while Jungkook stood there. He shook his head in defeat and the ice cream off his lips.

Seriously, this girl.

Hanuel arrived back at their family spot and bent down to give Junghwa her cone, “Here you go.” Junghwa grinned, “Wha! Thank you unnie!” She was about to take it when her mother frowned, “Junghwa, come here and wipe your hands first.” She pouted and walked over to let her mother clean her hands with a tissue. She then turned back to Hanuel and held out her hands. Hanuel chuckled, “Eat slowly, okay?”

“Okay!” She giggled as she plopped onto her father's lap and her cone happily. Jungkook came back and sat down onto the towel. Hanuel was quiet as she ate her cone and was staring off at the water. He finished his cone and looked back at her,

“Did you want to go into the water?”

Hanuel eyes flickered in surprise, “Well, sort of. I've just always been afraid of going out too far.” He rolled his eyes and got up, “Then I'll come with you. Didn't you take lifeguard lessons?” Hanuel looked up, “But that was a while ago.”

“Unnie, oppa, where are you guys going?” Junghwa blinked. The parents looked at them as well. Jungkook turned around, “We can go swim, right?”

“Go ahead.” His mother urged. Junghwa got off her father's lap, “I'm going to stay here. The water's scary.” Mr. Jeon chuckled, “Alright then. You two older kids go have fun. We'll watch her for now. Don't go too far.” Jungkook grinned, “Got it.” Hanuel got up after him and they walked towards the water.

“Is it cold?” Hanuel peered into the water, which was a sparkling clear blue. Jungkook rolled his eyes, “Step in, and you'll find out.” She frowned, “No.”

She let out a small scream when Jungkook lifted her up.

“Let me down!” She shouted when she realized how far they were. Jungkook leaned down and she leaned back, as far as she could, “Do you really want me to?” He pretended to loosen his grip and her arms flew around his neck in panic,

“Don't do that, you jerk!”

“I don't mind you grabbing onto me like this either.” He smirked. She glared up at him, “You did this on purpose.”

He shrugged, “Did I? But really, are you actually going to swim? My arm's getting tired.” She lightly let her feet touch the water and her eyes rounded when she realized that it was warm. Jungkook let go of her, and her feet touched the bottom.

“Oh, so it wasn't that deep.” She began to smile when she realized how nice it was. A smile came onto his lips as well when he saw her smile. But then he raised an eyebrow when he saw what she was wearing,

“Why would you wear a white t-shirt?”

Hanuel looked down at her shirt, which was soaking wet and see-through by now, “My mom said it'd be okay. I didn't know. Oh well.” Jungkook rolled his eyes, “Just pray that other guys don't come and flirt with you.” He was going to fix his hair, when he felt a familiar cold sensation hit his face. His jaw dropped and he brushed away his wet bangs,

“Did you just splash me?”

Hanuel grinned and tilted her head, “Yeah.” His eyes flickered with playfulness and he splashed some back at her. She let out a laugh when her hair got wet, but then she looked up, “Fine. I'll call this war.”

“Don't regret this later.” He warned.

Just like that, a water fight broke out.

Jungkook shielded his face, when an idea popped into mind. He walked closer to her, but continued splashing. He suddenly ducked under water and picked up her legs, throwing her over his shoulders. Hanuel gasped, “That's cheating!”

“You didn't set any rules.”

“ert.”

“You're usually never this playful.” He said as he placed her back down. Hanuel looked at him, “It's because we're on a vacation.” He chuckled, “Summer does make people happier.”

“I think we should go back.” Hanuel squinted her eyes, finally realizing how far away from shore they were. Jungkook turned around, “, we went too far.” Hanuel began treading back, but that's when she realized her feet didn't even touch the ground.

Too far.” She whispered when she ducked underwater to see how deep it was. Jungkook swam towards her, “Let's go.” She frowned, “I can't even touch the ground.” He raised an eyebrow, “That's because you're short.”

“Am not.”

“Shorter than me.”

“You're shorter than Zelo.”

Jungkook's face fell, “Why did you have to mention him?” Hanuel shrugged and began to swim back, “His name just popped into my mind.”

“Does my name ever pop into your mind?”

Hanuel blinked and she stopped, “Yeah.” His eyes rounded, “Wait- really?” She turned around and nodded, “Your name pops into my mind along with the words: annoying, stupid, doofus, stalker, erted, and etc.”

He rolled his eyes, “Do you want to know what words reminds me of you, then?”

“Not really.”

He grabbed onto her wrist, and pulled her back. It was a lot easier in water than it was on land. He rested his forehead against hers and grinned,

“Mine.”

She felt the heat rush up to her cheeks, despite the fact that they were in the water, and she pushed herself back.

“I hate you!”

- - - - -

The two families had packed everything up and walked home a few afters after noon. The parents were now preparing dinner downstairs while Junghwa was watching the television by herself on the couch.

Hanuel came out of the shower and walked towards her room. She sat onto her bed and used the towel to dry her hair. She lay down and sighed.

She was drained of energy.

She turned her head to reach for her phone on the drawer. Hanuel blinked when she saw that she had a new message from Minjung.

You didn't tell me that you went to Jeju!? Oh my god D: I had to find out from Zelo ajdhskjahdksaj.

How did he know I came to Jeju?

His mom. o.O

Oh yeah, I told her. Lol, well yeah. I'm in Jeju. Although, I'm here with Jungkook's family.

Oooooh~ ;) Summer romance? :D

No. Ew :s

What- has he not made any moves?

What moves? Unless you count his ual harassing actions. I don't know what you're talking about though.

....never mind -.-


She was about to reply when she heard a loud crash from the other room. Her eyes widened and she walked into the hall.

“What was that?” She heard her father call from downstairs. “I'll go check!” She shouted back. Hanuel knocked on the door, and when she heard a small 'come in', she pushed it open.

“What happened?”

Jungkook looked up, and her gaze drifted to see what he was doing. His suitcase was sprawled on the floor, with his clothes everywhere. She bent down to help him pick up his clothes, “How did you even- Idiot.”

“The floor was wet, okay?” He rolled his eyes as he shoved the clothes back in. Hanuel raised an eyebrow, “That's how you pack your clothes?” He looked up, “Yeah? What about it?”

“But doesn't that make creases everywhere?”

He shrugged, “Does it matter? I'm just going to wear it anyway- creases or not.” She scoffed, “No wonder your mom says your room is always messy.”

Hanuel turned to go and Jungkook propped his suitcase back against the wall. She went back into her room and was surprised to see that he had followed her.

“You came to check up on me because you were worried, right?” He grinned. She raised an eyebrow, “No.” He chuckled, “Sure. That explains your shocked expression when you walked in.” He looked around her room and his eyes rounded when he saw what was sitting on top of her pillow.

“You still have that doll I gave you?”

He walked over and picked it up before she could even reply. “You said you were going to burn it once you got home.” She glared at him and tried grabbing for it, “I was going to.”

“Why is it still here? More importantly, why is it here on this trip?”

“All my other plushies were in the wash!” She exclaimed. He tilted his head, “I find that hard to believe.” She huffed, “Give it back.” He hugged it against his chest, “How sly of you, Hanuel. So this is what you hug at night, right? Thinking it's me?”

“I do not!”

“Although, wouldn't you rather hug me instead?”

She scrunched up her face, “Jungkook, give it back.” He put the doll behind his back,

“I'll give it to you under one condition.”

“Why do I have to listen?! It's my doll!” She shouted in frustration. He grinned, “Someone's grumpy.” She crossed her arms over her chest, “Jerk.”

“I'll give it back if you give me a kiss.”

Her eyes widened and she looked up at him, “What?” Jungkook pointed to his cheek, “A kiss on the cheek is fine. Unless, you want to kiss me on the lips?” Hanuel stepped back, “No way.”

“I guess you're not getting your doll.”

“Jungkook!”

He walked towards her and she stepped back, “Not even one kiss?” She avoided his eyes, “Just give it back.” He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her in,

“Then I'll just kiss you instead.” He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on the top of her head. Hanuel froze and she felt her heart rate picked up.

Did he just-

“Here, you can have it back now.” He smirked as he placed it into her arms. Her eyes were wide, and she wasn't moving.

He couldn't tell if she was even
 breathing at this point.


He tilted his head and waved his hand in front of her face, “Hey, don't tell me you died-” He was shoved back as Hanuel stormed out of the room,

“Don't touch me! No, don't even come near me!" 


photo musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif
Yeah... :D Just building up some chemistry. Muwahahahaha. >:3

I hope you guys liked the chapter! ^-^ Thank you for commenting! A lot of your comments make me laugh, seriously. Don't worry, I think I die from the fluffiness when I write this story too. Also, thank you to all my new subscribers! <3 Your comments make me smile. :D 

But yayaya. Next chapter, kay guys? ^^; Please don't kill me for dragging this on- it just needed some more stuff to happen before you know. I know ;-; Hanuel's dense-ness is probably making you guys go like "ADKJSAHDWHADKSA IDIOTTT" I know. It makes me go like that too. But that's what makes it funny, right? xD

Did you guys see B.A.P's new MV? ;-; I like it. Although a few of my friends dont, /cough/, I loved it! LOL. Did you guys? (: