Once Is Enough

Next Stop, Insanity

Kids, dinner is ready!”

Junghwa and Hanuel, who had been playing together, looked up at the same time.

“Yay! Food!” Junghwa bounced off the bed and ran downstairs first. Hanuel chuckled at her energy and picked up her two dolls. She walked over to the other room to put it away. She opened the door and walked towards Jungwha's backpack.

She heard the door open and she turned around. Her jaw dropped and she became speechless.

Jungkook who had just come back from taking a shower, peaked his eyes out from under his towel and his eyes rounded a bit.

What was she doing here?

Hanuel turned back around and took a deep breath, “Put on a shirt, will you?” Jungkook blinked and looked back down before a sly grin came onto his face. He walked towards her, “What? Do you not like what you see?”

“Jungkook, don't make me kick you.”

“You wouldn't dare turn around anyway-” He winced when she sent a soft, but firm kick to his abdomen and he fell onto the bed. She scowled and walked past him, but he grabbed her wrist and she jerked backwards.

“That hurt, Hanuel. You should make it feel better for me.”

Her face contorted into one of disgust, and she shook off his hand. She practically ran towards the door with pink cheeks,

“Stay away from me, you ert!”

- - - - -

“I want some more lettuce!” Junghwa exclaimed. Mrs. Jeon frowned, “How do you say that politely?”

“May I please how some more lettuce?” Junghwa pouted. The whole table laughed as Hanuel's dad passed her the dish.

“Yay! Thank you uncle!”

Hanuel smiled as she ate her own meat. She looked up, “Are we doing anything else today?” Her mother turned to her, “Well, it's getting rather late and I'm sure everyone's tired from the trip here. We'll be heading to the beach early tomorrow morning though.” She nodded, “Sounds good.”

The rest of the dinner passed by happily, with much laughter and chatter. Mr. Jeon leaned back in his chair, “So who wants to do the dishes?”

“I think the two father deserve a break from all this.” Hanuel's dad nodded as they both got up and practically ran upstairs. The two mothers gaped at them,

“But we cooked the food!” Hanuel's mother remarked. Mrs. Jeon turned to Junghwa, “You need to shower, so I'll go help you now, honey.” She picked up her daughter and went upstairs as well.

Hanuel rolled her eyes and began stacking away the dishes, “I'll clean it.” Hanuel's mom laughed, “I think bringing us here brought back our childish side.” Hanuel cracked a grin, “I can tell, mom. Go upstairs and rest. I'll take care of this.” Hanuel's mother nodded and also went up.

Jungkook looked at her, “Do you need help?”

She turned to him with a grave look, “Are you actually going to help or ually harass me again?”

“Can't I do both?”

“I don't need your help, then.”

“I'm kidding.” Jungkook assured as he picked up a few dishes and walked into the kitchen with her. Hanuel tied up her hair and the faucet. Jungkook helped her put the washed dishes away after she was done.

After a while though, he became thirsty. He dried his hands on a towel and to take a look inside the fridge. Hanuel turned around, “What are you looking for?”

“Juice.” He replied when he found the carton. He took it out, and got two cups from the cupboard. He poured out one for her and one for himself. At the same time, Hanuel dried her hands since the dishes were all done, and she walked back to the table to sit down.

“Thank you.” She muttered as she picked up the glass and took a few sips. Jungkook watched her, and a smile unknowingly came onto his lips. She looked up when she noticed his stare and her eyes rounded.

“What?”

Jungkook leaned against his arm, “Your cute expression is drawing me in.”

Her face flushed, “I'm going upstairs first. Bye.” She brought her drink with her and practically darted up the steps. Jungkook chuckled when he noticed her flustered expression.

Something was changing.

Right?

- - - - -

Hanuel frowned and turned to her side once again, facing the window.

She just couldn't fall asleep.

Whether it was because she was at a foreign place- or just the fact that she was too excited to be here kept her awake.

She turned around to find her parents fast asleep on the other bed and she quietly climbed out of hers. She walked towards the window, and from here, she could see the water's glistening glow. Her jaw dropped.

It wouldn't hurt just to talk a walk, would it?

She turned back to to her bed and carefully made her blanket into a roll, making it look like somebody was there. Hanuel then walked over to her suitcase and grabbed her cardigan and tip-toed out of the room. She walked down the stairs to the front door, and she put on a pair of flip flops before exiting the house.

She walked down a path, that led towards the beach. As she got near, she felt the sand underneath her shoes and she looked down. She bent down to run her hand over it, and her eyes twinkled. She hadn't been to a beach for a few years now.

Hanuel continued down the shore, and stopped where the water came rushing up. She looked around, and was kind of glad she saw nobody in view.

She could finally have some peace and quiet to clear her mind, hopefully.

She sat down onto the sand, and brought her knees up to her chest. She sighed and looked out at the water.

There was a lot of things on her mind right now. Although this trip was supposed to make her feel more relaxed, she wasn't feeling more at ease at all.

Why was she so nervous around Jungkook nowadays? She was never like this before.

She sighed and buried her face in her arms.

What was going on?

“Aren't you cold?”

Her eyes widened at the voice and she turned around to see Jungkook standing behind her. She quickly turned back the other way, “Not really.” He took a seat beside her and she self-consciously brought her knees in closer.

“Couldn't sleep?” He asked.

“How did you know I came out here? You stalker.” She mumbled. He chuckled and turned to her, “I went downstairs to get a glass of water, and I saw somebody sneak out of the house. I realized it was you, so I followed along.”

“I see.” Those were the only words she could muster out. She mentally groaned.

Why did he have to come out here when she was trying to figure things out?

With him here, it was only going to make her more confused.

She quickly got up and began walking. Jungkook looked up in surprise, “Hey! Where are you going?”

“For a walk!” She shouted back. He furrowed his eyebrows and got up after her. Hanuel wrapped her cardigan around herself tighter and she kicked her flip flops against the sand. Jungkook walked a distance from her, since he noticed something was off.

“Is there a reason why you're acting like this?”

She stopped walking, “What do you mean?”

“You're acting all flustered around me now.”

Her eyes widened and she looked down, “How am I supposed to know?” Jungkook walked up to her, and she quickly turned the other way. He frowned, “It's your own feelings. How do you not know?”

“That's why I'm so confused.” She mumbled. He raised an eyebrow, and turned around. “What do you mean?”

“How do I give you an answer when I don't even know myself?”

Jungkook softly chuckled and wrapped his arms around her. Her eyes widened, “Jungkook-” He rested his chin on top of her head and sighed in content. She stayed frozen in her spot.

“If we can't take long romantic walks, and I can't even give you a kiss, can we just stay like this under the moonlight?” He whispered. Her heart fluttered, “Stop joking around.”

“I'm not.” He said as he tightened his hold. Her arms lay limp by her sides and she closed her eyes,

“Just this once.”

“Once is enough.”

- - - - -

“Hanuel, let's go! If we want a good spot on the beach, we need to get there early.” Her dad called from downstairs. Hanuel cupped , “Just wait!”

She was wearing an oversized t-shirt and denim shorts over her bathing suit. Her hair was tied up in a delicate bun as well. Hanuel looked in the mirror and tilted her head before smiling. She checked the room once more before closing the door behind her and running downstairs.

Mrs. Jeon turned around and smiled before walking towards her, “You look adorable.” Hanuel good-naturally smiled back, “Thank you, auntie. Although this is a simple outfit anyway.” Mrs. Jeon laughed, “But you still look good.”

“Mommy, mommy! Do I look good too?” Junghwa pouted as she tugged on her mother's hand. Her mother ducked down and gave her a kiss on the cheek, “Of course you do, sweetheart.” Junghwa beamed as she went over to Hanuel and opened her arms. Hanuel bent down to pick her up and Junghwa giggled.

“Now, where is that kid?” Mr. Jeon frowned as he walked towards the staircase, “Jungkook!”

“I'm coming, I'm coming.”

They all turned to see him walk down the stairs and Junghwa blinked, “Wha, oppa! You look very cool today.”

Jungkook was wearing a pair of white swim trunks, along with a tight fit grey muscle shirt. Not to mention, he was also wearing a cap- as usual.

“You also look adorable today.” Mrs. Jeon cooed. Jungkook gave her a small smile and his gaze drifted over to Hanuel, who was smiling at Junghwa.

He raised an eyebrow when he realized what she was wearing.

What? No swimsuit?

“Are we all set?” Hanuel's dad asked. Everyone nodded and they exited the house together.

Junghwa wanted to walk, so Hanuel let her down and held onto her hand instead. Junghwa looked up at her brother who was walking ahead. She frowned, “Cooke oppa!” He turned around, “What?”

“Walk with us!” She whined. Jungkook rolled his eyes and walked over to hold her hand. Junghwa laughed in happiness as she swung their hands back and forth. Jungkook looked up at the same time Hanuel did. Her eyes widened as she turned away and he grinned.

As they neared, they could hear the sounds of the seagulls, along with the rushing waves. Junghwa gasped, “Wha!” She ran ahead and her mother gasped, “Junghwa, slow down!”

“I'll go get her.” Jungkook said as he ran after her.

Hanuel sighed in content.

Coming here at night was a whole different story than coming here during the day.

The parents walked towards an unoccupied spot and lay down the towel. They all gathered around it, and the two father's worked together to set up the overhead umbrella. Junghwa sat down and took out her sand toys.

“Junghwa, come here. We need to put some sunscreen on you.” Mrs. Jeon waved her over. Junghwa bounced to her side and let her mother apply it on.

Hanuel took the bottle from her mother and began covering up her arms and legs as well. She also lathered some onto her face. But when she looked down, she felt somebody touch her face and she blinked surprise.

“You had a dab of sunscreen.” Jungkook smirked as he turned back around to apply it on himself. Hanuel bit her lip.

That stupid guy.

“I'm going to build a sand castle!” Junghwa declared as she began shovelling into the sand. Hanuel turned to her smiled, “Need help?” Junghwa looked up, “Yes, please!” Jungkook also joined in after his little sister's pestering.

Although, after a few more buckets of sand, he got bored.

He glanced up at Hanuel who was busy remodelling the base and a sly grin came onto his face. He began drawing something in the sand with a stick. Once he was done, he nudged her. She turned around, “Hm?”

He pointed to the picture and she looked down.

Her face fell.

It was a stick figure drawing of a girl and a boy, hugging with the moon over the top of their heads.

She turned to him with a darkened look, “Seriously?” He grinned, “Don't you just love it?” Junghwa stopped what she was doing to see.

“Wha, oppa did you draw this!? They look so pretty.” She awed as she touched it, but of course, that ruined the picture.

Jungkook locked eyes with Hanuel, “See? Even my little sister agrees they're a cute couple.”

“Oh god." 

musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif
:D Hope you guys liked the chapter! I know I did. /facepalms/

Thank you for commenting, subscribing and upvoting! <3 

get really excited for the next few chapters guyssss LOL