Study With Me

Next Stop, Insanity

Whoa, Hanuel. What did you do to your leg this time?” Minjung gasped when she saw the large bandage wrapped around her best friend's leg. Hanuel looked down at her leg as well, “I skinned off some skin.” Minjung twisted up her face in disgust, but then softened, “You okay?”

Hanuel grinned, “I'm alright.”

Her mom made her wear shorts today, in fear that if she wore jeans, it'd brush past the sensitive wound. She didn't have that much trouble walking. Although, she was very careful when she was sitting down or walked by people because she didn't want any unnecessary pain to be inflicted onto it.

Minjung also hadn't seen her the whole day, considering the fact that they don't have the two morning classes together. So, seeing her now- was an absolute shocker.

Hanuel carefully hopped down the stairs while Minjung steadied her arms. Minjung chuckled, “Huh, and to think you never really relied on me.” Hanuel raised an eyebrow as she held onto the railings, “What do you mean?”

“It's always been me who asks you for help.” Minjung replied. Hanuel smiled, “It's not like I mind that.”

“Sometimes, I think you're just too nice.”

“Really? There's someone I can name off my head that disagrees.”

- - - - -

By the end of the school day, Hanuel was more than exhausted from putting all her weight onto one leg. Not to mention, she was bored out of her mind when she had to sit out for physical education. She frowned and looked down at her leg. She was sitting on a bench near the school bus waiting area.

“Yo.”

She looked up at the familiar voice, but squinted her eyes due to the sunlight. She blinked, “Oh, hi.” Jungkook sat down beside her and raised an eyebrow, “Why do you still look so pale?”

“Couldn't sleep.”

“I thought I told you to sleep earlier.”

“Every time I moved around, my leg hit against the bed.”

“Prop it up?”

“Oh, I never thought of it that way.”

Jungkook shook his head in amusement. He looked up, “Are you going to work today?” She nodded, “Although I come home at 7 instead. Mrs. Choi wanted me to study well.”

“Do you want to study together?” Jungkook asked. She raised an eyebrow, “Are you calling me dumb?” He rolled his eyes, “No. We can just help each other out with studying.” She scoffed, “What kind of help do you need? You show-off.”

He leaned in, “I think I'll study better if you're beside me.” Her face flushed and she moved back, “If you put it that way, then no thank you.” He chuckled and straightened up, “I can't disobey orders, though.”

“Your mom told me to study with you?”

He looked at her, “Nope. Your mom asked me to tutor you in Math.” Her eyes widened, “Seriously!?” He nodded, putting on a rather too serious look, “Seriously.”

“I don't need your help.”

“You're going to fail the exam.”

“I won't.”

“You'll probably get less than a 60 percent. Then, I can make fun of you-”


Fine. I'll come over at 8, jeez.” Hanuel huffed as she turned the other way. Jungkook looked at her back figure with a sly smile.

Score.

- - - - -

Jungkook came into his room after eating dinner with his mother and sister. He walked over towards his computer and sat down in the chair.

Kim Jaehee has messaged you!

He clicked on the window.

Hey Jungkook! (:

Hey there, Jaehee

What's up? ^^

Studying, you?

Same! :D History's hard though, huhu ;~;

Aha, you'll do fine. I'll talk to you later though. Logging off.

Oh, alright!!! Byeeee ^-^


He blinked.

Was he too cold?

He looked down at the bottom right corner to check the time.

7:36pm

He put it back down and took his textbook, walking over to his window to sit on the ledge. This way, he could see her walk into the building- hopefully.

Jungkook opened up his History textbook and began reading.

- - - - -

Hanuel walked into the apartment building with her bag slung over her shoulder. She did a respectful head dip to the security guard before walking towards the elevator. But before she could even press the button she heard somebody call out,

“The elevator's broken! We're getting people to fix it tomorrow morning. So for now, you'll have to use the stairs.” She slowly turned her head around and she blinked at the security guard, “Really?” He nodded with an empathetic smile, “I'm really sorry.” She shrugged, “It's alright. Have a good night.”

“Same to you.”

Hanuel pushed open the stair doors and she looked up. She groaned.

Why did she had to live on such a high floor?

She took off her bag, and put it onto the other shoulder since the current one was tired. She began hopping up the stairs, one step at a time.

She realized how tedious this was.

She also realized how painful it was becoming.

When she made it onto the 4th floor, she heard her phone ring and she slumped against the wall to pick it up.

“Hello?”

“Did you forget about our study session?”

“I'm having difficulties coming up the stairs. Hold on.”

“Is the elevator not working?”

“No, of course it's working. I just decided to practice my walking on the stairs.”

“You sound mad.”

“I wonder why!”

“I'll come get you.”

“Don't you dare.”

“Bye!”

She furrowed her eyebrows in anger and stared at her phone.

Stupid Jungkook.

Hanuel took a deep breath before holding onto the railing and hopping up.

One step at a time.

By the time she got to the 8th floor, she was ready to give up. With all the fatigue, she wasn't in her best athletic condition either. She heard footsteps from above and she turned her head. Jungkook came jogging down the stairs, and he raised an eyebrow when he saw her panting.

“Whoa, you made it pretty far.” He commented, earning a glare from her. He walked down and held out an arm, “Let's go.” She stared at in questioningly, “What?”

“I'm going to help you up the stairs?”

“I said I'm alright, though.”

“Yeah, it sure as hell doesn't look like it.” She sighed in defeat and put her arm around his shoulder, steadying herself. Then, he started walking, and she followed suit. She bit her lip in pain when her leg hit against the step. Jungkook noticed and he lightly lifted her up and over the step.

“It would be a lot easier if you let me pick you up.” He commented. She looked up in bafflement, “What?” He turned to her, “You know, carry you all the way up?”

“We live on the 15th floor, Jungkook.”

“Your point?”

“I'm fine like this.”

“I'm not.”

“If you're tired or annoyed, then just let me walk on my own.” She harrumphed as she pulled her arm off. He quickly pulled her arm back, and her eyes widened. Before she could even pull away, he slipped an arm under her knees, and hoisted her up.

“Jungkook!”

“Yes, my lady?”

“Let me down and don't call me that.”

“I will. Once we get to our floor.”

Her eye twitched in annoyance, “Jungkook, I'm serious.” He walked up a few steps, “So am I.” She sighed, “You're so annoying.”

“I know. I've been told.”

- - - - -

As promised, he finally let her down when they arrived in front of her apartment door. He waited outside for her as she went inside to grab her books. Hanuel came back out a few minutes later, and he looked up, “Got everything?” She nodded and he then walked over to his apartment door. He opened it up with the key and let her go in first.

Hanuel took off her shoes and walked in. She saw Jungkook's mother in the living room and she did a bow, “Good evening Mrs. Jeon." His mother looked up and gasped. She ran over, “My, Hanuel! What on earth did you do to your leg?” Hanuel gave her a soft smile, “It got skinned.” Mrs. Jeon frowned, “Did you put on ointment or cream yet?”

Hanuel nodded, “I did before I went to work.” Mrs. Jeon gave her a smile and squeezed her shoulder, “Don't over work yourself. You're like a daughter to me. I don't want to see you pass out.” Hanuel smiled, “I won't. Thank you!”

“Can we go study now?” Jungkook muttered. Mrs. Jeon turned to him and rolled her eyes. She walked over and ruffled his hair, “Yes, you may.” He pulled away and walked into his room. Hanuel lightly laughed as she followed him inside.

“Stop laughing.”

Hanuel bit her lip to hide her smile, “Okay.”

He turned around to look at her, and she burst out laughing again. He sighed, “What's so funny?”

“You letting your mom ruffle your hair.”

“Is it that peculiar?” She nodded with a grin as she put her books onto his bed. Hanuel carefully sat down and she let out a relieved sigh.

It felt so good to be sitting down after working all day.

“So, where do we start?” She piped up. Jungkook chuckled and walked over with his textbook, “Look who needs my help now.” She gave him a dead-panned look, “Are we going to study or are you just going to piss me off?”

“Chill, woman. I'm getting there.” He opened up his book to the chapter she was on, and began explaining.

- - - - -

“Do you need help with that?” Hanuel raised an eyebrow when she saw him scratch his hair in frustration from reading the chapter. She got up and hopped over to his desk. He looked up, “Don't move around when your leg's hurt.”

“You didn't stop going to dance practice just because you injured your arm, did you? No? Exactly.”

He shook his head in amusement at her remark.

“I'm helping you, you idiot.” She rolled her eyes and sat down onto the other side of the bed. She took his textbook and read over it, “Get a pen. I'll give you a short summary of what happened so you don't have to read through it all.”

“What makes your information correct?”

“I'm reading it from the textbook and plus- I got a 91% on the History exam last semester.”

“What if you're reading it wrong?”

“Do you want my help or not?”

“Fine, fine. Go ahead, grumpy.”

“Okay then, doofus.” Hanuel muttered. She cleared and began reading it out while he wrote down each word she said.

- - - - -

Hanuel was now lying on his bed, working on some Math problems he wrote up for her. While on the other hand, he was reviewing his History notes.

“I don't get this question.” She stated. He looked up, “Which one?” Jungkook got up and walked over to her. He leaned down to read her page. He nodded, “Alright.” He pointed out a few things and took her pen. He wrote in little scribbles and she blinked.

“Oh, okay. I get it now.”

“Hey, let's have a bet.” He suggested. She looked up from her book, “What bet?”

“Whoever gets a higher mark on the exam can ask the other person to do a favour.”

She raised an eyebrow, “Oh come on, we've done that several times.” He shrugged, “I know. So?” She sighed and tapped her pen against her book before her eyes lit up, “Fine. I'll take you on.”

“Alright, then it's a deal.”

“I'll beat you this time. For sure.”

“Yeah, sure. You said that about fifty tests ago.”

“Oh shut up!”


He rolled his eyes in amusement and walked back to his desk. About an hour passed by since then, and he was finishing up his last few notes on the concepts. Jungkook turned his chair, “Hey do you want some water-”

His eyes rounded a bit when he saw her curled up figure.

Was she sleeping?

He got off his chair and walked over to her. He leaned over to see her face. Her eyes were closed, and her breaths came out evenly. He softly smiled.

Yeah, she fell asleep.

He gently moved her body, so that he could get the blanket out from under her. Then, he draped it over her body, and she unconsciously snuggled into it. He sat onto the bed and just watched her.

A smile crawled it's way onto his lips as he watched her.

Why did he feel so content?

He always thought those guys in dramas were creepy when they just sat there and watched their girlfriend.

Or in his case, girl friend.

But now he was doing it himself.

He gently moved her hair out of her face. He noticed how pale she was and he frowned a bit. She really did overwork herself sometimes. Although, he admired that fact about her.

Actually, he admired everything about her.

Bit by bit, his eyes were drooping. The tiredness from today was seeping in. He tried shaking his head to keep himself awake, but before he knew it- he was off in dreamland.

With her.

 

musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004
Hi guys! I'm very sorry for the late update ;-; But tomorrow's my summer school exam, and after that- I'll be free! >:D So updates will be more often <3 

Thank you guys so much for commenting x) They're so funny to read :p Also, thank you to all my new subscribers! *o* And upvoters! (: 

Did you guys like the chapter? :D I hope you did! akdhskjahdksja. After they're done their exams, I have so much planned for their summer together LOL. x) 

/coughs/ Jungkook having his History exam is like me having mine tomorrow. I'm probably going to fail it T-T Oh god. 


Bye! ^^;