Don't Mess With Her

Next Stop, Insanity

Spring passed by in the blink of an eye, and now it was already the start of June. Which meant that exams were right around the corner. The seniors were also getting ready for their graduation.

Hanuel, in particular, was busier than ever. Her daily schedule consisted of: wake up, go to school, come home, study before going to work, come home, sleep, and repeat. She barely had any free time to take a break.

She made a vow to herself that she would beat Jungkook on her average exam score this year.

She'd do it- no matter what it took.

Hanuel smiled at the last customer who had come to the cafe for a late night coffee. She began wiping off the counter as her co-worker walked over to the tables and collected the cups, dishes and bowls.

“You look awfully pale. Hanuel.” Yui pouted as she tilted her head. Hanuel looked up and Yui clucked her tongue, “Haven't been sleeping much, have you?” Hanuel gave her a sheepish smile, “I have no time.”

Yui shook her head, “You need your sleep, or else you'll fall sick. I don't want to see you sick, so take care of yourself, okay?” Hanuel smiled, “Thanks, Yui.” Yui gave her a tired, but still bright, smile and pushed open the kitchen door to bring the dirty dishes inside.

Hanuel wrung the towel in the sink and hung it onto one of the racks for it to dry. She then walked into the staff room to get dressed. After doing so, she came back out with her bag. She walked back into the kitchen, waved goodbye to Mrs. Choi and Yui before leaving the cafe.

She felt a shiver go down her back when she realized that the night weather was colder than she had expected it to be. She wrapped her thin cardigan around her shoulder and headed towards the bus stop. The bus came a few minutes later, and she got on. She swiped her card before finding a seat near the front of the bus.

Somebody near the back of the bus looked up when they noticed her walk in.

Hanuel gently lay her head against the window, and her eyes felt extremely heavy. She struggled to keep them open, and she was dozing off. Right when she was about to drift into dreamland, she felt somebody sit down beside her and she turned her head.

She blinked in surprise when she saw who it was.

“You were dozing off, and it's not very safe for such a pretty girl to fall asleep on the bus. Especially when there are old men around.” Zelo chuckled as he lightly gestured to a man with a pot belly, who kept glancing at her from time to time.

“Oh, I've just been really tired. Thanks Zelo.” She smiled before sitting up straight. He chuckled, but when he looked down at her legs, he raised an eyebrow. He took off his jacket and gently draped it over her legs, covering up her shorts and everything with it.

She turned to him, “What-”

“The air conditioning's on, so it might be cold as well.” He grinned. She laughed, “That's true. Thanks again. Why are you still out so late?”

“Dance practice. You?”


She tilted her head, “Work? Your family cafe, remember?” His eyes flickered in realization and his mouth dropped open, “Oh yeah! Whoops, that completely slipped off my mind.”

“How's your studying coming along?” Zelo suddenly asked. She shrugged, “It's tiring, but I've just been rewriting all my notes from the semester so I can review it all.” His eyes widened, “All of it!?”

She nodded, but was confused with his outburst, “That's the way I study.” Zelo leaned back, “Wow, I would never do that.” She cracked a smile, “Then how do you study?”

“I don't.”

She gave him a look and he chuckled, “Just kidding. I study by just reading everything. I don't think I'll go as far as writing everything out again, though.”

Hanuel looked up when she noticed the bus was getting closer to her stop, and she pulled the string for a stop. The bus slowed down as it got closer, and she got up, returning Zelo's jacket to his hand. Zelo got up as well and she turned around, “You live close to here?”

“Down two streets.” He replied as he shoved his phone back into his pocket. He followed her out of the bus and she paused. “Then how come you didn't stay on the bus and get off down the street?”

“I don't trust sending you off at night all alone.”

She laughed lightly, “I see.”

Once they got closer, she turned to face him and gave him a polite smile, “Thanks Zelo. Get home safely, alright?” He nodded, “Got it. See you tomorrow, Hanuel!” She dipped her head a bit and walked into the building.

Zelo watched as she walked in and a smirk came upon his lips. He shook his head in amusement and his heels to walk home.

Hah.

- - - - -

Are you skipping school when when it's the study weeks?

D: did you not come to school?

I miss you.


Jungkook walked down the halls of the school while his fingers pressed against the buttons on his phone. He looked up occasionally, but is sole focus was on his phone.

Was she not going to reply?

He felt his phone buzz.

I'm at school, idiot. I just came earlier to get some math help.

Oh, so you're in your math classroom?

....no

k. :D


He turned around, and began walking the other way. But when he looked up, his eyes darkened. The person walking towards him also noticed and gave him a mocking salute.

“What's up, Jungkook?” Zelo grinned. Jungkook raised an eyebrow, but didn't reply.

“You know, between us guys, don't you think Hanuel's just a gem?”

“What bull is this?”

“Doesn't it make you jealous to know that we're close friends now?”


“I thought you liked Minjung.”

“That chick? Hell no. In fact, I don't like either of them, actually.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes, “I know. You're more interested in that bgirl that layers her face with at least fifty layers of make-up.” Zelo's eyes rounded a bit in surprise, “Wow, harsh, aren't you?”

“Leave Hanuel alone.”

“I think it's rather amusing to find somebody that dense. Doesn't it frustrate you?”

“Tolerable.”

“Ah, so it does. How adorable.”

“Seriously, Zelo. Don't mess with her.”

“The whole reason I got close to her, was to piss you off. She's fun, don't you think?”

"No wonder I was skeptical as to why you suddenly got so close to her best friend."

"Used her to get to Hanuel."

"What a bastard move."

Zelo pointed to his head and grinned, "Just using my head. Hanuel's a keeper, though. That's for sure." Jungkook balled up his fists and Zelo noticed. “If you're so against
 us being friends, why don't you tell her?” Jungkook was about to response when Zelo interrupted him,


“Oh wait. She's too dense and naive to believe it anyway, right?” He smirked, put his hands into his pockets, and walked away.

Jungkook poked the insides of his cheek with his tongue in anger and he turned to continue to her classroom. Once he got there, he walked right in, startling her. She looked up from her study notes when she saw him practically storm into the classroom. He grabbed the chair from the desk in front of her, and sat down onto it- facing her.

“Why did you have to come and ruin my peace and quiet study time?” She groaned as she put her pencil down. He chuckled, “Didn't you miss me?”

“No.”

“Well, I missed you.”

Her eyes rounded and she looked up as she felt her cheeks flush, “Could you stop saying such embarrassing things?”

 

Is it making you blush?” He put his elbows onto her desk and leaned in. “Stop.” She hissed as she pushed his head back. “Let me study.”

He obeyed and sat still, but that didn't stop him from watching her. He almost had the urge to poke her cheeks when he saw the way she puffed them out when she came across a concept she didn't understand. He tilted his head,

“What's your relationship with Zelo?” He asked. She looked up, “What do you mean?”

“Are you guys friends?” Hanuel shrugged, “I don't know. I think so? He's really nice, so I guess.” His eyes narrowed, “Just because he's nice doesn't mean he's your friend.”

She raised an eyebrow, “What's your problem?” He sighed and his expression softened up, “Never mind.”

“I hate how you never tell me anything.”

“What do you want to know?”

“Whenever you tell me to forget about something, there's usually something wrong. But you never tell me.”

“There's no reason for me to.”

She scowled at him, “Then what gives you permission to pry into my life so much?” He shrugged, “You never really stop me-”

“Yes, I do!”

He chuckled, “It's not like I actually listen.” She rolled her eyes, “Idiot.”

After a few more minutes, “Do you like Zelo more or me?” She looked up after writing down a few numbers, “Huh?”

“If you had to choose, Zelo? Or me?”

“What's the judging criteria?”

“Generally.”

“Zelo.” She replied, without hesitance. He furrowed his eyebrows, “Why?” She tapped her pen against her lips, “Zelo's nice, funny, not erted, doesn't ually harass people, and isn't annoying. Unlike somebody.

“Would you believe me if I told you the side he shows you isn't his real personality?”

She raised an eyebrow in confusion, “What do you mean?”

“I- Never mind.” She huffed, “See, you never tell me anything!” He shrugged, “You wouldn’t understand anyway, idiot.”

“Jerk.”

“What does he have that I don't?” He suddenly questioned.

Again.

She stopped writing and looked up at him in irritation, “What's up with all your questions?”

“Can't stop my curiosity flow.”

“Height?” She blinked. He blinked, dumbfounded, “The hell?”

“Well, that's the only one I can name off of my head.”

“He doesn't have abs does he?” Hanuel raised an eyebrow, “How should I know?”

“There you go. That's one thing that I have and he doesn't.”


“How do you know he doesn't? And how do you have them?”

Jungkook smirked and lifted up his shirt, showing off his abs, “See?” Her eyes widened as she covered them, the heat rushing up to her cheeks.

“Don't do that in public!”

“So, you're saying I can do it to you when we're not in public view? I'll keep that in mind, Hanuel.”

“Oh my god.”

- - - - -

Hanuel walked out of the change room, changed, and her hair was tied up in a ponytail. She stretched out her arms a bit before walking towards the circle.

“This month, we'll take it easy. Your exams are probably stressful enough and I'm sure you guys want a subject that can take a load off, right?” The teacher checked his clipboard, “Let's start off by just running laps around the school. Then we'll come back in and decide what we'll do.”

The students piled out of the gymnasium and gathered around the side of the school. When the coach blew the whistle, they took off.

Jungkook glanced at Hanuel, who was only a few steps behind him and he chuckled.

Hanuel squinted her eyes, uncomfortable from the amount of sunlight. She felt like she was going to sneeze, but shook her head to prevent it. Not to mention, she was feeling light-headed.

The lack of sleep was getting to her.

A student from behind her, one that was busy racing with his friend, didn't pay attention when he ran past her. His foot had kicked onto her heel, causing her to jerk forwards and trip. He continued running, honestly oblivious to it all.

Hanuel's eyes widened when she fell, and she felt her leg immediately burn when she looked down to see the wound. She winced when she saw that the pavement had practically skinned off a whole layer, leaving it red and bloody. The red liquid was streaming down her leg, and she struggled to stand up.

Jungkook stopped running when he didn't see her behind him. He raised an eyebrow and slowed down. He turned around, and many students passed him, but he didn't care. He ran back and he finally found her propped up against a wall with her leg, looking pretty bad. His jaw dropped and he ran over to her.

“What happened?” He whispered as he looked down at her leg. She opened one eye, “Some guy accidentally tripped me, so I fell.”

“Seriously, you're the only girl who would fall and get hurt this badly.”

“Stop talking, I have a headache.” She whined as she covered her eyes with her arm, shielding it from the sun. He looked at her pale face and shook his head.

She didn't like the sun much- from what he remembered her telling him as a kid. She told him that it always made her sneeze whenever she looked at it.

No wonder she was so pale and looked so worn-out right now.

He contemplated on what he should do. He was about to call out to other students but they all ran past him without looking back. He raised an eyebrow.

Wow.

Selfish jerks.

He lightly shook her shoulder, “Can you stand up?” She opened her eyes and glared at him, “If I could walk, don't you think I would've by now?” He rolled his eyes.

She'd be so harsh, even in a situation like this.

“Then I have no choice but to carry you.” He put one arm under her leg, the area where her knee was at, and draped one of her arms over his shoulder. Her eyes widened and her voice came out panicked, “What are you doing!?”

“Saving your leg from an infection, now shut up, will you?”

Why did she have to do such stupid things to make his heart race worriedly?

“Wait, can we at least finish this lap first?” She requested. He turned to her in surprise before his eyes softened, “Sure.”

As they neared, the teacher was expecting them. His eyes widened when he saw her leg, “Why didn't you send her to the nurse's office?” Jungkook rolled his eyes, “I would've, if she let me. She wanted to finish the lap.” The teacher laughed lightly, “Now that's what I call dedication. Do you mind sending her to the nurse, Jungkook? I'll write you an admit slip. Here.”

He nodded and took the slip, putting it into his pockets. He then shifted her back up before walking across the field towards the school door.

“I'm sorry.” She apologized. “We lost our record of the fastest time, huh?” He rolled his eyes, “Why are you worrying about a stupid class when your leg could rot off?”

“It's because I like challenges.” She smiled softly. He chuckled, “I know.” She lay her head against his shoulder,

“I owe you another one. Thank you, Jungkook.” She whispered as her eyes fell.

A small smile came onto his lips.

In that moment, anything he did for her- he knew that it was definitely worth it.

To hear her confess these little things to him from time to time.

Anything.

She was worth it.


musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004

Ohoho c: I hope you guys liked the chapter! 

Do you guys noticeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? She's starting to blush at his actions? Like, respond in a different way? No? Okay :s 

Thank you guys for commenting, subscribing and upvoting! <3 

Seeya! (: