Nicest Guy

Next Stop, Insanity

 

Oppa?”

“Oppa.”

“Oppa!”

“Cookie oppa, wake up!”

Jungkook groaned and turned to face the opposite way from where this disturbing noise was coming from.

Junghwa pouted and walked over his body, causing him to curl up in his sleep. She hopped off his bed and walked over to his window. She jumped up to take the curtain ends off it's hook and pulled it open with all her strength.

That woke him up.

Jungkook peeked open his eyes and he rubbed his eyes when he saw his little sister frowning down at him.

“Why are you in my room?” He asked, only to cough in embarrassment when his voice cracked. Junghwa looked at him with teary eyes, “Oppa.” His eyes widened as he got out of bed and used his right hand to pick her up onto his lap.

“Why are you crying?”

“Mommy said she would take me out to play today! But she has to go to work. Nobody will play with me!” She shouted. Jungkook blinked, “Mom has work today? I thought she had a day off.” Junghwa shook her head, “Mommy said it was important.”

“What am I supposed to do then?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow. Junghwa used both her hands and squished his cheeks together,

“Take me out to play today!” She giggled. “I was supposed to go with the hyungs today.” Jungkook tilted his head. Junghwa jutted out her bottom lip, “No! Play with me, Cookie oppa.” Jungkook sighed, “Fine. I'll tell them I can't go, okay? Did mom already go for work?”

Junghwa nodded, “She left when I came in to wake you up.” He gently set her onto his bed and took his phone.

“Hey, Namjoon hyung?”

“What's up, Jungkook?”

“I can't make it today. I have to take care of my sister since none of my parents are at home.”

“Alright then. Tell her that Monster oppa said 'hi'. Catch you later.”

“Bye.” He turned back to his sister, “So what did you want to do?” Junghwa grinned up at him,

“Playground!”

- - - - -

Hanuel was eating her breakfast in the kitchen with her parents. She actually managed to wake up before they went off to work.

“Are you going with Jungkook today?” Her dad asked. She nodded, “Hanging out with his friends apparently. I don't really want to go though.” Her dad sipped his coffee, “Just go. Poor boy has a broken arm.”

“It's just a sprained wrist.” She rolled her eyes. Her mom shook her head, “Now, now. Don't be like that. I'm sure it will be fun.” Hanuel shrugged and looked up at the time, “I guess I'll go get ready now. Then I'll just head over or something.”

“It may get cold, so consider wearing a sweater!” Her mom called out as she entered her room.

Hanuel walked over to her closet and picked out a pair of jean shorts, and a white top. She picked out a belt, and threw that onto her bed as well.

After changing, she also took a light grey cardigan. She took her bag off the hanger, and put her wallet and phone in before leaving her room.

“Mom, Dad, I'm going to head over now, alright?” She called out as she strapped on her sandals. Her mom came out of the kitchen, “Stay safe, alright? Call me if you need anything.” Hanuel smiled, walked over and gave her a hug,

“I will. See you later!”

She closed the door behind her and walked down to Jungkook's apartment. She rang the doorbell and waited.

Jungkook, who had just finished brushing his teeth, walked over to the door and peeked through. Junghwa ran up from behind him and hugged his legs. He raised an eyebrow when he saw who it was. He unlocked the door and opened it. Junghwa poked her head out to see who it was, and her eyes brightened,

“Unnie!” She exclaimed as she ran over, and Hanuel chuckled as she picked her up. “Hey, Jungie. I haven't seen you in a while, huh?” Junghwa nodded with a pout, “I missed you unnie.” Hanuel smiled, “I missed you too, kiddo.” She turned to Jungkook, “When were we supposed to leave?”

His eyes rounded a bit.

Oh yeah.

Whoops.

He completely forgot.

Jungkook stepped aside and let her inside, “Well, seeing so how you're all dressed up. So we have no chance but to go now, right?”

Hanuel blinked, “What are you talking about?”

- - - - -

“I thought we were going to meet up with your other members.” Hanuel said as she stared at the playground in front of her. Little kids were screaming, laughing and running around. Jungkook shrugged, “I had to take care of her so I ditched. I figured you wouldn't want to go go if I wasn't there, right?” She scoffed, ignored him, and walked towards the baby swings with Junghwa,

“You want to ride on the swings?” Hanuel asked. Junghwa nodded and climbed into the seat. Hanuel walked behind the swing and began pushing her. Junghwa laughed, “Whoa, unnie! I'm flying!” Hanuel smiled, “Yeah, you are, Jungie.”

Jungkook walked over and sat onto another swing. That's when he noticed Hanuel's outfit.

How did she manage to look so pretty even in such a simple outfit?

He shook his head with a small smile and looked the other way.

Hanuel looked up when she noticed he wasn't even interacting with them.

Was something still bothering him?

“Cookie oppa!” Junghwa suddenly called out, snapping both of them out of their thoughts. Jungkook turned around, “What?” Hanuel's eyes widened, “Did you just call him a cookie?” Junghwa nodded happily, “Yeah! It's in oppa's name.” Hanuel burst out laughing, “That's genius, Jungie!”

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, unamused, “Very funny.” Junghwa giggled, “Oppa, can you push me too?” Hanuel's smile slipped off,

“I think I'll just have to push you for today. Your oppa's hand is injured see?” Junghwa turned to look at where Hanuel was pointing at. “Oh yeah. Aw, poor oppa!” Jungkook rolled his eyes, “I can still push her, idiot.” He lightly pushed her aside and steadied the swing before giving it a few pushes. Hanuel leaned her back against the pole and tilted her head.

Jungkook also turned his head when he noticed she was watching, “What?” Hanuel shrugged, “You seem sort of upset still. Is something the matter?” He shook his head with a small smile, “Nah. I'm fine.” Hanuel nodded, “If you say so.”

“Why? Worried about me?”

“Not really.”

“You're lying.”

“And you're annoying.”

“Eh? Is unnie and oppa fighting again?” Junghwa blinked. They stopped squabbling. Hanuel glared at him, but then turned to Junghwa, “Not anymore.” Junghwa wiggled her legs, “I want to go on the slides!” Jungkook was about to lift her up when Hanuel stepped in and picked her up. He gave her a questioning look as she gestured to his left arm.

Hanuel walked over to the actual playground and let Junghwa climb up the stairs by herself. Jungkook stood beside her and watched as Junghwa slid down and laughed. She continued to play by herself.

“Are you sure something's not bothering you?” Hanuel whispered. He looked up in surprise, “I already said I'm fine-”

“Sure doesn't seem like it.” She replied.

“Well, you know what? I am upset then.” Hanuel turned to him, “I knew it.” He then smirked,

“And the only thing that can bring me out of my sadness is if this cute girl gives me a kiss.”

Hanuel's expression darkened, “I can never talk to you properly! Ugh.” She walked over to the end of the slide to catch up to Junghwa instead.

Jungkook chuckled to himself.

He was fine, in all honesty.

Just a bit bothered by his arm, but that was it.

Being with her could bring a smile onto his face and lift his mood any day.

He also took note that he seemed to let his guard down whenever he was with her. Maybe it was because he made her feel at ease.

Comfortable and happy.

Junghwa laughed as she climbed back up and walked all around the playground. Including the wobbly bridge. Hanuel walked beside her. Junghwa started to jump on the bridge, and Jungkook's eyes widened when he realized what was going to happen.

Her foot slipped.

She lost her balance.

Hanuel gasped and reached out to grab her. Junghwa shut her eyes and whimpered at the fall. Jungkook ran over and he sighed in relief when he saw Hanuel had managed to catch her. He frowned at Junghwa,

“Who told you to jump on that bridge?”

Junghwa looked up with pout and teary eyes, “I didn't mean to! I'm sorry, oppa!” He shook his head, “I'm not the one you should apologize to. Your unnie here could have gotten hurt trying to catch you.” Junghwa looked up at Hanuel,

“I'm sorry too, unnie. I won't do it again!”

Hanuel smiled, “Promise, alright? It's not safe and you could get hurt.” Junghwa nodded, “I won't!” Hanuel set her back down and she ran off towards another part of the playground.

After a while, she ran over to Jungkook and Hanuel who were sitting on the bench under the shade.

“Unnie, can we walk around?” Junghwa questioned. Hanuel picked her up and took out her handkerchief from her bag and lightly wiped off the sweat from her forehead.

 

“Sure. You mean in the fields?”

Junghwa nodded, “Yeah! Oppa, let's go.” She held out her hand and Jungkook walked over to hold her hand with his right hand. She was still in Hanuel's arms, though. Junghwa rested her head against Hanuel's shoulder,

“I think I like it the most when I'm with unnie and oppa.” She whispered. The two of them turned to her in surprise. Jungkook lightly squeezed her hand, “What makes you say that?”

“When I'm with unnie and oppa, I feel very happy.” She smiled. Hanuel softened and leaned down to give her a kiss on the cheek. Junghwa smiled up at her, “I want everyday to be like this!”

The three continued walking down the park trail, and they soon reached the streets again. Hanuel adjusted Junghwa's position and looked around, “Where do you want to go now?”

“I want ice cream!” Junghwa gasped when she saw an ice cream store. Hanuel looked up, “Then I'll go get you some ice cream.” She set her onto the ground. Jungkook grabbed onto her wrist, “I can go get it. You stay with her.”

“It's fine. With that hand of yours, you might drop the ice cream and waste it all anyway. I've got this.” She smiled and checked for cars before jogging across the road and into the convenience store. Jungkook bent down to grab his sister's hand, “Then let's go find a bench, yeah?”

“Okay!”

- - - - -

Junghwa happily bit into her strawberry ice cream cone as Hanuel ate her vanilla one, and Jungkook ate his mint chocolate.

“Uh oh.” Junghwa pouted when she realized she dropped some onto her shirt. Hanuel chuckled, “Look at you, eating so messily.” She lightly wiped off the ice cream with napkins from her purse. She also wiped around Junghwa's mouth, to make sure it didn't get anywhere else. Jungkook gazed at her.

It amazed her how good she was with kids sometimes.

He admired her for that.

Or, maybe he just admired her for everything she did.

Yeah, that's more like it.

Junghwa soon finished her cone and she lay her head against Jungkook's arm, “I'm tired, unnie and oppa.” Jungkook fixed her shirt, “Then sleep. We'll play after you take a small nap.” Junghwa nodded with a smile and turned her body so she was facing the back of the bench,

“Good night!”

Hanuel lightly tapped her arm, causing Junghwa to turn around with wide eyes. She held out a water bottle,

“Rinse your mouth first. So you don't get cavities, okay?” Hanuel instructed. Junghwa nodded obediently and sat up straight to drink a few gulps. After doing so, she plopped back down and snuggled into Jungkook's lap instead. He lightly her head until he saw her even breaths.

“She falls asleep fast.” Hanuel commented as she walked up to throw away the garbage. She came back and sat down beside her, “I wish I had a sister.” Jungkook looked up at her, “Why's that?”

“It's sort of lonely at home. I wish I had somebody to take care of and all.” She admitted. Jungkook raised an eyebrow, “Really? You can have this kid then.” Hanuel looked at him and gave him a grave look, “You're so mean.”

“I'm kidding.” He looked back down at her, “Ever since you fixed up our relationship, she's been sticking onto me like glue.”

“That's a good thing, isn't it?”

“Yeah. Thanks to you.”

Hanuel grinned, “Huh, so the Royal Doofus knows how to thank me.” He raised an eyebrow, “Haven't I before?” She laughed, “You have. Just not often.”

Hanuel leaned her head onto the bench and looked up at the clouds. Jungkook tilted his head to look at her.

“I've always wondered, am I the only person you're so rude to?” She looked at him in surprise, “Huh?”

“What part of the question did you not understand?” She scowled at him, “I'm mean to you because you're mean to me.” Jungkook opened his eyes wide, on purpose, and stared at her,

“What? I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet.”

“Nice guys don't ually harass people, bully them, make fun of them, scare them, and piss them off.”

“Do you want to know why I do that? And the reason why you're the only person I'm like this to?”

Hanuel raised an eyebrow, “Will this be a serious answer or not?”

“It's because I like you, Hanuel.”

Her eyes widened, “What!?”

 


photo musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif

Did you guys like the chapter!? I hope you did ;-; 

Thank you guys so much for commenting, susbcribing and upvoting! It's been exactly one month since I started this story and wow- I did not expect this much support, honestly. So I'd like to thank you guys for that <3 

:D BYE-BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. 

Oh, also thanks to you guys who followed me on tumblr! For the ones who left me a message saying you were an AFF subbie, I've followed back! x)

idk why i got excited writing this chapter lol i found it too cute. i wish i had a baby sister OTL