Injury

Next Stop, Insanity

Jungkook fanned himself with his wife beater, staring at his reflection in the mirror. J-Hope was sprawled on the floor in a sweaty mess, and Jimin was drying the sweat off his face with a towel.

“Do we have to do it again?” Jimin asked. J-Hope turned to him, “We have a competition in less than a week. So yeah, we have to.” Jimin groaned in disapproval and Jungkook sank onto the floor. His arms, wrists, legs, and whole body was practically sore from practising this break dance routine for the past two hours. Not to mention, he was sweating buckets with the wrist braces, elbow braces and knee pads strapped on. J-Hope looked up at the time.

They arrived at their dance studio around 8:00pm.

The time now was around 10:00pm, and everybody's energy levels were pretty low.

Classes were taught during the earlier times, and if they wanted to book the studio for more than an hour, they could only come at 8:00pm. They were also in charge of locking up the studio, and making sure everything was in place before leaving.

J-Hope finally stood back up, “Alright, we'll do this a few more times, and then we'll head home.” Jungkook and Jimin nodded as they got back up and stretched out their tired limbs.

Don't forget: They still had school tomorrow.

In the middle of their routine, they heard the doorbell to the studio ring. They all froze, and Jimin went over to turn off the music. J-Hope raised an eyebrow and whispered, “Who the hell comes so late?”

“Our volume level isn't that high, and plus it's in the basement so I doubt it's the police.” Jimin commented. Jungkook looked up the stairs, “I'll go check. One second.” He jogged up the stairs and halted when he put his hand on the doorknob.

Why the hell didn't this door have some like- peephole?

He finally opened it up.

His mouth fell open and he was dumfounded by the sight in front of him.

Hanuel looked up at him while holding a bag, in which he assumed was food, and tilted her head, “Took you long enough, idiot.” He stepped back for her to come in and he locked the door behind her. She headed down the stairs. He looked at her retreating figure.

He suddenly didn't feel so tired anymore.

A small smile came upon his lips and he shook his head in amusement as he walked down the stairs as well.

He arrived back into the room to see the three in a circle and Hanuel was setting up the cooked cups of ramen. Jimin looked up after splitting his chopsticks, “How come you're here, Hanuel?” She looked at the time, “Oh, I just got off work, and Jungkook's mom called to see if I could just drop by and see if you guys were doing alright.” J-Hope chuckled and opened the lid on his cup, “That's so sweet of you.” She smiled, “No problem.”

Jungkook scoffed as he joined the circle, “Thanks for leaving me out.” Hanuel glowered at him, “Maybe I should have just gotten two cups for Jimin and Hoseok.” Jungkook raised an eyebrow, “So that means you'll personally cook something for me right?” Jimin and J-Hope burst in laughter as Hanuel sighed, “Certainly not.”

She looked around the studio, “You guys are practising for something right? Well, that's what auntie told me.” Jimin nodded, “We have a break dance competition in the school actually. Haven't you seen the posters around?” She shook her head, “I don't think I pay attention to those too much.” J-Hope shrugged, “Not many people notice it. But they're going to start making announcements tomorrow for the whole week.”

“Oh, I see. Who's the other competitors?” Hanuel asked. Jungkook gulped down his noodles, “Zelo and Jongup.” Hanuel tilted her head at first, “Oh! Zelo and his friend, right?” Jimin nodded, “Three against two, but I'm still sort of worried.” Hanuel smiled, “I think you guys will do just fine.”

“Do you want to see our routine?” J-Hope questioned as he put his chopsticks into the finished cup and put it off to the side. Jimin and Jungkook got up as well. She nodded, “Sure.” Hanuel walked over to the bench and sat down as the guys prepared themselves. She raised an eyebrow when Jungkook an J-Hope put masks over their faces.

When the music started, Jimin started off with some moves by himself, and when the rhythm got faster, the other two came in from behind and joined in. After a few more moves, they formed a line and she blinked when J-Hope and Jungkook took their masks off and put on caps with their nicknames instead.

Her jaw dropped in amazement when Jimin did a flip in the air, making it seem as if it was the most easiest thing to do. She was surprised at how sharp their moves seemed to be. She couldn't even spot one single flaw. She clapped when they finished.

“That looks awesome. How long did you guys practice this for?”

“We choreographed this all today.” Jungkook replied. She raised an eyebrow, “Are you kidding me?” Jungkook smirked, “What? You don't believe me?” She turned to Jimin and J-Hope for confirmation. J-Hope chuckled, “Yeah, we did this all today. We're going to make this routine longer for the competition but this is all we have now.” She nodded.

“But wow, that's really impressive then.”

Jimin tousled his hair, “Thanks. It means a lot.”

- - - - -

“Well, I'm headed this way.” J-Hope pointed as he slung his duffel bag over his shoulder and walked down the street. Jimin looked in between his choices before he chuckled and turned around, “Hyung! Wait for me!” He caught up with J-Hope and fell into step with him. J-Hope turned to look at him, “Why'd you go this way?”


“I didn't want to be a third wheel.”


Jungkook turned to Hanuel, “Let's go.” She nodded as she followed him down the street.

They walked in silence, seeing as how worn-out Jungkook was, he didn't even have the energy to spark up a conversation. She glanced at him. She noticed how his shoulders were sagging, and his feet were dragging. She bit her lip.

She'd never seen him this exhausted-looking in a while.

They arrived at the bus stop, and Jungkook sat down onto the bench to rest. When it arrived, Hanuel stood up to head in. She was pushed out of the way, when a seemingly drunk guy darted past her to get on. Her eyes widened when she tripped backward but to her surprise, somebody caught her. She turned around to see Jungkook looking down at her. A small, tired smile formed on his lips, “Seriously, you're so clumsy.” He used his arm to push her back up and she was lightly pushed forward. She turned around when she walked down the rows and watched Jungkook scan his bus card. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

They sat down at the back seats of the bus and she looked at him. He finally turned around to notice her staring at him, “What?”

“Roll up your left sleeve.” She ordered. His eyes rounded, “Why?” Then he smirked, “You want me to strip on a public bus? How naughty of you, Hanuel.” She narrowed her eyes and grabbed his arm.

He winced.

She rolled up his sweater and she gasped when she saw the giant bruise on his wrist. She stared at him, “What did you do!?” He winced again when she brushed her finger over it, “I sprained it.”

“Why didn't you do something about it in the studio?” She hissed. He looked down, using his cap to cover his eyes, “I didn't want the hyungs to worry. It's no big deal anyway.” She shook her head in disapproval,

“And you call me the idiot.” She took out her bag and searched for her tensor bandage. Being an athlete, she always carried it around. He looked up when he saw her wrap the bandage around his wrist and he softened.

Ever since they were little, every time he got hurt, she'd be the first one to notice. No matter how hard he tried to hide it. She somehow knew.

Did she even know the effect she had on him?

No, of course not.

She looked up at him and her eyes widened when she saw the look in his eyes, “What are you looking at?” He chuckled and looked back down, “Nothing.” She frowned, “Look out the window, you ert.” He rolled his eyes and did as told. She sighed when she wrapped it around his wrist. He stopped flinching, but most likely he was just holding in the pain.

“How are you going to compete in the competition with your wrist like this?” She whispered.

“I'll manage.”

Her face fell at his answer. “You're still going to compete?” “Yeah, I can't just bail out now.” She sighed, “Well, then, you better be careful and not do anything to exert unnecessary pressure on it for this week.”

He turned around and tilted his head, “You're so cute when you care about me.” Her jaw dropped and she used her free hand, the one that wasn't supporting his wrist, and turned his head the other way.

She looked at the injury. It was swelled up, alright. It looked green and purple and she could only imagine how devastated he felt right now.

“I hate how you always have to act like everything's alright, when in reality, it's not.” She mumbled. His eyes widened and stared at his reflection in the window before he looked back down.

He only did so because he didn't want her to ever have to worry about him.

Has she not noticed that he depends on her a lot too?

She scowled as she carefully tired the bandage around his wrist. Of course she knew how painful a sprained wrist would be. Not to mention he has a competition in a few more days. She tucked the end of the bandage under and fixed it up.

“There, done.”

He turned around and twisted his wrist, “Eh, I would've done a better job.” Her face fell, “Then why didn't you do it yourself!?”

“I was lazy.”

“You ungrateful jerk!” She turned to face the other way. He chuckled and leaned his head against the headrest and closed his eyes.

A few minutes passed, with a few stops here and there from the bus driver. When the bus came to a stop once again, Hanuel felt a weight on her shoulder and she raised an eyebrow when she turned her head. She felt heat rise up to her cheeks.

Jungkook was sleeping on her shoulder.

What the heck was she supposed to do!?

Just sit here and let him sleep or wake him up?

But he looked so tired.

She decided on just sitting there, stiff as a board. But when the bus started moving again, his head lolled to the front and she instinctively reached out. She sighed in relief when she found that he was still fast asleep. She lightly moved her body so his head would be in a more comfortable position. She took his hat and lightly covered it over his eyes so the nightlights in the bus wouldn't bother him.

Hanuel smiled in amusement.

What an idiot.

- - - - -


Jungkook stuffed his hands into his pockets after coming out of his second period class and walked towards his locker. He walked up the stairs, two at a time, and walked down the main hall to the building where his locker was. He took out his phone to change the song and after doing so, he looked up. He paused and his eyebrows furrowed.

Hanuel and Zelo were standing together in the hall, conversing.

Jungkook didn't like this at all.

“So, have you heard about the breakdance competition next week?” Zelo asked. Hanuel nodded, “Jungkook told me about it.” He raised an eyebrow, “Really now? Do they already have something prepared?” She tilted her head, “I think so. I'm not so sure.” Zelo nodded in understanding, “I see. Well, I hope you,” He coughed, “You and Minjung come along to watch then.” Hanuel nodded and stepped back to let him pass, “We will. Good luck.” He smirked,

“Thanks.”

He walked down the hall and looked up when he saw Jungkook. Zelo held up his hands, “I didn't do anything, so don't kill me.” Jungkook could hear him laughing as he walked down the stairs. He frowned and ran to catch up to her. He grabbed her wrist and she turned around, “Huh?

“What were you and Zelo talking about?”

“What? Oh! He asked me if I heard about the competition.” She replied. Jungkook raised an eyebrow, “What'd you say?” She blinked, “I told him you told me about it.”

“Then he probably asked if our group had something prepared right?” He questioned. She nodded, “Yeah he did.” He raised an eyebrow, “What'd you say?”

“I told him I didn't know. I'm not that much of an idiot, you doofus.” She rolled her eyes and brushed his hand off. He grinned and ruffled her hair, “Yeah, I can tell.” She scowled and stepped back, “I would hit you, but seeing as you're injured, I'd feel bad about kicking a man when he's down.” Jungkook walked closer to her, “Then does that mean I can do whatever I want to you, and I'll be let off the hook?” She stepped back, “Definitely not!” He backed her up against the wall and put one of his hands on the wall beside her head,

“You're blushing.” He whispered. Her eyes widened and she quickly pushed him back,

“That's because you're always being a ert!”

“Yeah, yeah. I know.”

“Whatever, I'm going to find Minjung.”

“In the cafeteria right? I guess I'll just have to come with you.” Jungkook said. She turned around, “Stalker.”

“Have you forgotten? My friends sit in the cafeteria as well.”

She let out a huff of frustration, “Seriously, Jungkook.”

“What?” He blinked. She walked ahead faster, and when she was a safe distance away, she turned around,

“You're an idiot!”


musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004

I can't wait till I finally start writing about when she actually realizes her feelings...

But hi guys! :D Thank you for your comments. <3 They're so funny 'cause they're all about how dense she is LOL. I agree. (Y) 

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! ^^ Bye bye!