Chapter 4

Immortal Song 2

“J-Jonghyun shi……” Ji Eun said in a blank and shocked expression. Her hands were shaking like crazy, her two feet could barely pull her together, and her heart was the only think that moved in her entire body.

“Why do you act so scared?” Jonghyun asked,

She swallowed her saliva and pushed up her white circular lenses.

“Were you……. Supposed to be the SM judge and trainer?” JI Eun questioned as she put her guitar down.

Jonghyun chuckled at her behavior, Ji Eun’s body felt warm, seeing the love her life’s beautiful and joyous smile. It was one of the reasons she fell in love with him in the first place.

“And if I was? What would you do?”

JI Eun stayed in complete silence. She then realized why she wanted to become a singer in the first place, it was to forget about Jonghyun and her love for him.

Ji Eun gabbed her stuff and quickly ran out of the room, Jonghyun turned to her direction and his jaw dropped,

“Yah! Ji Eun!” He yelled, but Ji Eun kept running, she emerged out of the room, slamming it open, making the workers flinch, Ji Eun quickly pushed people out of her way yelling sorry, excuse me, and wouldn’t stop sprinting,

“Ji Eun ah!” Ji Eun heard Jonghyun’s voice as he was chasing after her. Why was he chasing after her? What made him do this? Ji Eun just wanted to be far from him as possible, that’s all she wanted, was it too much to ask?

Ji Eun ran out of the building and then Jonghyun did. Ji Eun ran but then stopped as soon as a van pulled over in front of her face. Ji Eun tripped and fell down. Jonghyun gasped and quickly ran to her.  Ji Eun fell down hard, her hair was messy, her glasses broken, and her shirt even more dirty than before. Ji Eun wanted to just hide in a hole and never come out of it. She tried hard not to cry, not in front of him….

“Ji Eun ah, are you okay?” Jonghyun asked, while holding her back with one hand and helping her up, Ji Eun felt so happy Jonghyun was holding her, his warm, soft hands, and his soothing voice made everything better.

“H-Hyung! Did we hurt her?!” Taemin asked and ran out of van.

“Told you pabo, you were driving too fast.” Key hissed and hit the back of Onew’s head.

“Did I kill her!? I can’t go to jail! They don’t make good chicken in prison!?” Onew cried out.

“Jonghyun, who is she?” Minho asked and helped Ji Eun up with Jonghyun.

“Ji Eu  n ah, are you okay? Please tell me you are.” Jonghyun begged.

Ji Eun lifter herself up without the guy’s help, “I’m fine…..” Ji Eun replied looking like a mess in front of the entire SHINee members.

“Oh gurl…..You look like all kinds of ugly, what the hell happened to you?” Key asked.

Ji Eun felt so embarrassed, why couldn’t the van have just hitten me? Ji Eun asked herself, wanting to sob.

“Key, you don’t know how to talk to girls, so shut up.” Jonghyun backfired.

“Well excuse me, her hair is all greasy, her skins flaky as Taemin’s scalp, her shirt has more stains than Onew when he eats chicken, she smells like Minho when he comes back from the gym, and her glasses are ugly and broken.” Key snapped his fingers.

The SHINee members glared at Key, Key averted eye contact and scoffed.

“Yah, Ji Eun ah----“

Jonghyun placed his hand on Ji Eun but pulled her arm away and groaned from the pain.

“Don’t touch me, leave me alone….” Ji Eun spoke, not in a angry, but in a straight tone.

“Noona, we can’t just leave you like this, you’re bleeding, and really bad too!” Taemin held her arm.

Ji Eun painfully smiled and shook her head, “No, I’m fine….. I’m gonna go home to wash off…..” Ji Eun tried to say, but spoke weakly. The SHINee members stared at Ji Eun guilty,

“Please let us help you.” Onew held her,

“No, it’s okay.” Ji Eun declined,

“At least let us take you to a clinic---“ Minho suggegested

“I said I’m fine….”

“Ji Eun ah, please, don’t be stubborn---“

“I said I’m fine!” Ji Eun shouted,

She and SHINee was surprised she yelled. Ji Eun wasn’t the type of person who’d get really angry at.
It’s not that she was angry at them; she just didn’t want to look weak and pathetic in front of them.

“I’m sorry, just….. Please, leave me alone…..” Ji Eun said in guilty tone and walked off.

 

Jonghyun became angry. He didn’t like seeing her walk off in front of his eyes, especially when she was hurt.

“Well??” Taemin elbowed his chest,

“Well what?” Jonghyun raised a brow.

“Aren’t you gonna be her knight and shining armor for a day and chase after her?” Key asked,

“Psh why should I? She means nothing to me, nothing.” Jonghyun scoffed

“Yeah right, that was the first time we ever saw you shase a girl down before.” Minho hit him in the back of his head.

“Yah! Just leave her!” Jonghyun barked stubbornly and walked into the van.

“So what Jonghyun? You’re just gonna leave her like that?” Onew asked.

 

____________________

-----------------

Jonghyun’s P.O.V

-----------------------

…..! I can’t believe the guys persuaded me to watch Ji Eun. Ugh….. What a pain! Today is my date with Sekyung too! Why does this girl have to ruin it all?! Why did she somehow revolve around my whole world?

I sneaked up where she was headed and finally caught a sight of her. , she was limping really bad, guess that fall sprain her knee. She didn’t look too good, every time, I saw her force herself to take a step, my heart began to hurt more and more. Come on Jonghyun, don’t act all soft! You only act like this …….Well actually I never act like this! GAH! What’s wrong with me?!

I then saw a couple of guys staring at her and having mysterious grins across their faces. I started to become more cautious, they followed Ji Eun around, luckily they didn’t see me.

I caught up with them and then I saw ji Eun turn at an alley. WHAT THE !!!!! You’re just asking yourself to get girl! What the hell is wrong with you!? I yelled in my head and ran across the street as the guys followed her to the alley.

I then caught up to them and saw Ji Eun be surrounded with four men. One was holding a knife behind his back, aw …… I thought this only happened in dramas…

“Hey girl? Lost? Hungry? We can help you.” One man said with a sick voice.

“Please…..Leave me alone, I don’t have money……” Ji Eun pleaded.

Seeing her like this, tore my heart. I never liked seeing her weak….. She is such a fragile girl…..

“We never asked for money…..” Another man laughed and touched her hair.

I then saw Ji Eun cry and mouth the words,
‘someone……help me…..’

I curled my hand to a fist and ran across the alley and punched a guy from behind who had the knife.
“What the hell!?” A man yelled as soon as I knocked one guy out. I grabbed the knife that the knocked out guy had in his hand and faced the knife close to the man’s face, he gasped and shook in terror,

“LEAVE!” I yelled and the three men helped his friend up and ran away, “RUN! This guy is crazy!” They yelled and disappeared from the alley.  I dropped the pocket knife and quickly ran up to Ji Eun,

“Ji Eun, Are you okay?!” I asked and helped her up.

Ji Eun looked up and I saw tears pouring out of her eyes. She started to sob and cover her face,
“Don’t look at me…… I’m sorry….. I didn’t mean to cause you trouble……..I just….I’m…..”
She fell to the floor and sobbed on her knees, crying her eyes out. Trying to cry herself dry.
My heart throbbed watching her in so much and misery. She doesn’t deserve this…..

“Ji Eun…. Come on, get up.” I shook her shoulder.

“No…” Her voice cracked from choking on her tears.

“No? Come on Ji Eun ah, lets go….”

“No….. I…..” She paused and looked up with her red and puffy cheeks from all the crying,

“I’m scared Jonghyun shii…….” She cried out and began crying even louder on her knees.
This girl……. I remember, she would be the first to cry whenever I saw her fall in school or get an F on her test. Ji Eun was sensitive in high school, freaky how I remembered of her…… But she was just someone I had to keep my eye on. I don’t know why….

I kneeled down to her and rubbed her tears with my sleeve,

“Mmmmn!” She squeeled as I rubbed my arm with her teared up face.

“Enough crying, you’re making yourself more uglier than it is.” I laughed to lighten up the mood.
She stopped crying suddenly and looked up and stared at me in silence. I pulled my sleeve away from her face and blushed,

“WH-What is it?” I asked.

“Nothing… It’s just….”

“What? Did you fall for my charms?” I teased,

She stared in silence and did a very, very small smile. It made me feel less nervous, seeing her smiling like that, made me remember why she was my inspirations for seeing in the first place.

“Enough, let’s you cleaned up.”

 

____________

Ji Eun’s P.O.V

____________

 Jonghun  led me to a huge house, it was the size of a mansion, but a not a third story.
I stared at Jonghyun with a funny expression and he chuckled,

“Come on.” He said pulling me in the house. I blushed seeing Jonghyun holding me so close to him. I looked up at his beautiful porcelain face I missed seeing for three years. It still kept my heart racing. He was so perfect…. So opposite from me.

Jonghyun opened the door with his house keys, a maid came in and bowed at Jonghyun, “Hello Master, may I be of any assistance?” She asked, Jonghyun shook his head, “Aniyo, could you put this upstairs in my room and fix up a meal for my friend here?” Jonghyun asked.

She nodded and grabbed my guitar case, walking upstairs with it.  “Wh-what are you doing?” I asked. Jonghyun smiled at me and walked upstairs. I followed him, guessing he wanted me to. His house was the biggest house I’ve ever been in. Is this how rich people live these days?

Jonghyun walked up to a door and opened the door. It was a bathroom, a freakin huge bathroom!

“GO take a shower.” He commanded,

“EH?!” I asked covering my top body,

“Yah, you think I’m some ert? You look like a mess, you smell terrible, I’m showing kindness.”

“But…… Why are you in the bathroom with me?” I asked,

Jonghyun rose a brow and smirked devilshly at me,
“Why? Want me to take you a bath?” He asked,

“N-NO! Pl-please leave!” I panicked and opened the door.

“Calm down, I just want you to know, towels are in that cabinet, dirty clothes go in that basket, and there’s a closet of my old clothes I never use, just use that.” He instructed and walked out of the room.

I closed the door and touched my red cheeks, “Aigoo Ji Eun….. Pabo, why didn’t you thank him?” I talked to myself and went to shower.

-------------------------------------

I finished showering and quickly dried off and walked to the closet Jonghyun instructed about.
I walked inside the room and as soon as I entered lights quickly and it revealed a mini mall. Not really…..Jonghyun just had tons of clothes! More than me and my mom’s combined! Then again he must’ve gotten it for free, considering it was SHINee brand.

I looked around and just grabbed a T shirt that said SHAWOL for life, a sweater that said Flaming charisma, and a pair of basketball shorts that had the SHINee logo.

The door knocked , “Ji Eun ah, you done in there?” Jonghyun asked from outside of the bathroom.

“Uh y-yeah!” I stuttered and opened the bathroom door. Jonghyun smiled from the clothes I was wearing and snickered, “It was….. All that I could fit in….” I said embarrassed.

“It’s fine, food’s ready, you must be hungry.”

My stomach growled as if on cue, I blushed and covered my tummy, making Jonghyun burst into laughter.

“That’s a yes, come on.” He grinned and walked with me, leading towards a huge dining room.

 

“Whoa, it’s like a buffet in here! You could feed all of Africa!” I said in shock from the wide spread.

“Just eat.” He said pushing me down to a chair, I quickly sat down and Jonghyun sat next to me. A little too close….

I stared down at the kimchi, rice, potato soup, koren bbq, French bread, salmon, so many food!
I felt myself drool and Jonghyun just laughed at me. Why was he acting so kind to me? I thought he hated me, considering I was so rude to him back at the auditions…

“Th-Thank you for the food…..” I bowed shyly to him,

“Just hurry and eat.” He spoke and shoved a spoon full of potato soup in my mouth. I choked a little from the food but slowly ate it.

“Wah….. So good!” I smiled and dug in the meal. I felt Jonghyun’s face beaming right next to me, it felt weird……. Why is he staing at me like that? Like how he stares at Sekyung, but more……. Weirder…..

“Jonghyun shii…..” I said as I chewed on my rice.

“Hm?” He asked as he was gazing at me.

“Why are you acting so kind to me? I though you hated me, after how rude I acted towards you back there.” I said frowning and swallowed my rice.

“What? A high school friend can’t help another friend?”

“F-Friend?” I asked with big eyes,

“Why? We’re not friends?” I asked,

“A-Aniyo! I----I---I’d be more than happy to!” I smiled making me look desperate,

Wait what am I doing? I’m supposed to forget about Jonghyun! Why am I acting like this? I have to forget! I have to……

I turned and face Jonghyun, he was gazing at my eyes as I was staring to his brown sparkling ones. I couldn’t breathe the slightest air… My chest gradually began to hurt and my face felt warm.

I saw Jonghyun began to lean closer to my face, I didn’t do anything, I just stared at him. What was he planning on doing? Not kissing me right? A part of me wanted to kiss him, but the other didn’t…… I mean, he belongs to Sekyung...I don’t want to be between them…

“Ji Eun ah…..” He said coming closer to me centimeters away,

“Y-y-yes?.....” I asked staring at his beautiful eyes,

“Can old friends… Kiss?” He asked being a centimeter away from my lips,

“ Th-they shouldn’t…..” I said shyly,

Jonghyun took out my glasses, doing the same thing like three years ago. It felt like that time. When I was in the back of the school, he took off my glasses and went closer……

“JI Eun…… Can I kiss you?” He asked, knowing any second he would be my first kiss,

“N-no……” I cried squinting my eyes shut. Why am I letting him do this to me?
I feel like the biggest in the world…..I’m sorry Sekyung…

 

“Ahem……” Me and Jonghyun heard a person cough,

Me and Jonghyun parted away from each other and turned to the man that faced us,

“M-Mangager?” Jonghyun asked,

The man stared at me, telling me in eye contact to leave, “I sh-should go……” I said in a shaky voice, running out of the dining room.

“Wait! Ji Eun!” I heard Jonghyun’s voice coming after me, but I already ran out and left the house.

Oh my god……. I almost kissed my best friend’s boyfriend! What has gotten over me!? What am I doing!? Ji Eun!  You ! I hate myself!

Why…… Why can everyone in this world have the chances of being happy….. Except for me…..