The time for decisions

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Seung-hyun had little Jaehyo on his lap when Seungri entered the den, looking nothing but troubled.

-What’s going on? – He asked the panting man.

-Those wolves, the ones that came in asking for Jiyong’s amulet. – The man gasped. – They said all lands are being attacked, just as the East Wolves told us.

Jaehyo was trying to reach his father’s chin now, giggling, and Seung-hyun held his little hand tenderly.

-So you think the rumors are real? – He asked in a low voice. Seungri nodded.

-If they are telling the truth, we are the next ones to be attacked.

-That’s probably right…

Jaehyo was trying to stand up on his father’s legs, but as he wasn’t able to, he turned into a cub, finally standing two paws in each of Seung-hyun’s legs. The man sighed and held the cub in his arms before standing up.

-I’ll talk to Jiyong. For now, show the map of the original leaders to the foreign wolves.

-Are you sure? – Seungri sounded insecure. – The leader said…

-The map is under my care, not Jiyong’s. –The man said, depositing Jaehyo on the floor, beside a white and a grey cub.

-Did I hear my name? – A voice came from past the curve of the cave, where there was a big cloth bed for the leaders to sleep.

Soon Jiyong appeared, his body involved in a kind of robe made of very soft fur. Seung-hyun motioned Seungri to leave while the blonde man leaned down to caress his three cubs. The younger wolf bowed to the leaders and withdrew quickly.

-So, what were you talking about? – Jiyong approached, now carrying little Taeil in his arms.

-About the Dark Wolves actually. – The man began hesitantly. He knew his mate could explode any time and for pretty much any reason. – They seem to be getting stronger and we are the only ones left.

Jiyong snorted, scratching behind Taeil's ears.

-That’s what you are so worried about? – The man scoffed. – Let them come, I’ll teach them not to mess with G-dragon’s pack.

-Jiyong, I… I think we should give what those wolves said a try. They are after the cubs, they took all of the babies. What if they take Taeil, Minhyuk and Jaehyo?

-They won’t, our pack is the strongest of all lands, we will prevail no matter what.

-Power and strength are nothing compared to the dark forces. No matter how strong our pack is, we can’t defeat fog and ice. We can’t defeat wolves that are already dead.

Seung-hyun raised his eyes slowly to his mate and was satisfied to see his words finally had an effect over the man. No one messed with Jiyong’s pack, but no one never, ever dared to threaten Jiyong’s cubs.

-They said they needed the amulet, didn’t they? – He said, reaching for the necklace on his chest.

-Will you give it to them? - Seung-hyun asked.

-No, but I’ll take it to wherever is that crazy wolf they were talking about.

-You are going with them?

-Not me, us. – Jiyong placed Taeil back on the floor and the cub ran to his brothers. – Prepare the army, T.O.P. We are going east.

 

><><><><>< 

 

-Here. – Seungri handed them the plaque where the map was drawn. – Couldn’t get you the amulet, but I hope this helps somehow.

-It does. – Kai grasped the map while Minho thanked the man for his efforts.

The wolves gathered around Kai, and Seungri watched from a couple of steps back. They checked the map and Suho pointed to the middle.

-Look, I am the descendent of an original leader, my ancestors owned the east and the center of the lands before the first pack war and the new division of the lands.

-You are telling me this cross of yours is one of the amulets? – Jonghyun asked, unbelieving.

-It can only be. The amulets should be mine’s, Leeteuk’s, Kris’, Onew’s and Yongguk’s. – He said, pointing at the spots on the map. - There are no more lands populated by original packs…

-What if your amulet was also stolen and one of your ancestors replaced it with the cross? – Chen suggested.

-Don’t be silly, why would he replace it with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter