The new plan

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

And here you have the official wolf packs map, so no one will get confused about the packs. [Also I have a blast doing these things xD]

Just a quick update so you know we didn't die u.u

_________________________________________________________________

 

After a whole week of searching, Onew, Xiumin and Taemin returned to the brown wolf village bringing seven other wolves with them.

They were welcomed by Key and Baekhyun, who led them to the fire where they could sit and rest. They started preparing them meat and vegetables to eat. Chanyeol arrived a bit later and then he went off to the lake to bring the travelling wolves clean water to drink.

Onew stayed to talk to the leaders they brought with them, but Taemin was exhausted and he went to Kai’s den so he could get some sleep. Xiumin was going to rest for a couple of hours as well, but when Key told him what happened to Luhan, he ran to his friend’s den to check on him.

When he was approaching, Xiumin heard Luhan’s soft voice and stopped by the entrance of the den.

-…I miss you and I miss Jonghun. – Luhan was saying. – Kai is after him, and so are Chen, Minho and Jonghyun, but you got to wake up, Sehun. Things are getting worse now, so I need you.

Xiumin stepped inside the most careful he could, but only enough so he could take a glimpse of his friend.

Sehun was laying on a bed of patchwork, still unconscious. The young wolf had only his pants on and most of his chest was covered with medicine. Luhan was kneeling beside him, rubbing a moist cloth against his chest, cleaning the brownish paste. The blonde had a blindfold covering his eyes and he used the tip of his fingers to figure where the water bowl was and what parts of Sehun he should moist with the cloth.

-Want to know one good thing? – Luhan kept talking to his unconscious mate while cleaning him. – Both Kris and Suho are healing fast, and they’ll shortly be able to go after Tao and Jonghun as well. Chanyeol and Key are fine as well, though Kyungsoo is still feeling feverish. But I’m sure he will be fine soon, Lay is taking care of him.

Luhan dropped the cloth inside the bowl and it fell with a light “splash” sound. The blonde got to his feet and Xiumin tilted his head, watching as the man palpated his way to a shelf on the wall and grabbed a gourd on it.

Luhan went back to Sehun and knelt by his side once more. He opened the gourd and inserted one finger inside to make sure that was the right medicine. Then he touched Sehun’s belly lightly and dropped some of the green paste near his hand, quickly starting to spread it along the gash in Sehun’s skin.

It broke Xiumin’s heart, to watch Luhan taking care of Sehun even if blinded. Life sure wasn’t being fair to the blonde wolf and the brunette felt like he could do anything to bring at least his pup back. He gave another step in and Luhan’s head turned to him quickly.

-Who is there? – He asked in a shallow gasp.

-It’s me, Xiumin. – The man answered softly. – Can’t you recognize my scent anymore?

Luhan shook his head as he got to his feet again, following the direction of the man’s voice.

Xiumin hurried to meet Luhan and he touched his shoulders to show he was right in front of him. Luhan touched the man’s chest lightly and then his hands climbed up, his arms going around Xiumin’s neck.

-I’m so glad you are back here. – He said truthfully as Xiumin hugged him. – Are you hurt? Did you find anything?

-I’m fine, and we did, we found the North Wolves’ leaders in our way.

-Their leaders? Are they going to help us?

-I don’t know, they wanted to speak with our leaders, so we brought them here. They are resting near the fire while Lay wakes Suho and Kris.

-I want to go there… to hear them talking. Can you take me? – Luhan pleaded and Xiumin nodded, only to remember the man couldn’t see him.

-Of course I’ll take you. – He said quickly. – Are you done with Sehun?

-I am, the medicine needs to rest on him. – The blonde said quietly. – But I need to wash my hands…

Xiumin took Luhan to near the water bowl and the blonde washed the green paste away. Then Xiumin took him by the arm and guided him outside, telling him to be careful with stones and plants on his way.

It took a while, but they were able to get to the center of the village. There was someone else near the fire now and Xiumin tilted his head as he heard the desperation in the man’s voice.

-Is that Kai? – Luhan leaned his head a bit so he could hear better.

-Yes, and he looks troubled… - Xiumin told him, walking a little faster.

-I’m telling you, he doesn’t want the tree of life, we need to go to the dry land to stop him! – Kai was exasperatedly telling the leaders grouped up around the fire. 

-I still don’t see what any of this has to do with our puppies. – A rough voice said and Luhan asked Xiumin who that voice belonged to in a whisper.

-Yongguk, the leader of the North Wolves. – Xiumin whispered back as they approached.

All the five leaders were sitting on the logs around the fire, and the rest of the pack was surrounding them. There were five northern wolves that came along with Yongguk and his mate, Himchan, and they waited behind their leaders, looking around with mistrust in their eyes.

-It’s easier for younger wolves to be possessed and obey the dark force blindly. – Kai explained to the wolves. – He’s using them to build an army, and if we don’t hurry up, there’s even the chance of Leeteuk using our own sons to hurt us.

-And what do you suggest us to do? – Kris asked the man. – Run t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter