The exchanging of dens

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan woke up early on that morning and he blinked a couple of times to scare the sleepiness away. He yawned and then he reached down to his belly, caressing it tenderly with a hand. He couldn’t feel the puppies moving yet, but he knew they were there and he would always caress his tummy in the morning, feeling how much it grew already.

The wall of Sehun’s cave was darker than his, so he quickly remembered he wasn’t home anymore and he whined softly. Even though he was there for less than one day, he missed his home already.

He tried to shift his body on the bed, but then he realized there was something beside him, something warm and soft that blew a hot breath on the back of his neck.

Luhan jolted, thinking it was a random animal, but then he realized it was Sehun, in his wolf form. Luhan’s brusque movements woke him up and he shook his head quickly before turning into a human. He glanced at the man’s surprised face and scratched his head.

-Did I scare you? – He asked mildly and Luhan nodded quietly. – I’m sorry, it wasn’t my intention.

-You slept on the bed with me the whole night?

-Only half of the night. – Sehun answered, getting to his knees. - At first I was laying on the floor, thinking, and then I realized I wasn’t being fair to you. Like you said yesterday, you did your thing with Kai before we started actually dating, so it wasn’t really cheating.

-You don’t know how glad I am to hear this. – Luhan told him, but the young frowned.

-You don’t look glad at all. Did you have a bad night asleep?

Luhan shrank his shoulders a bit, entwining his hands.

-It was a different bed, in a different cave, and also I had a bit of a rough time thinking you wouldn’t forgive me.

-Oh Luhan, I’m so sorry. – Sehun passed his arms around the man and hugged him gently, barely using any strength. – I was mad and tired and all, but you should be feeling way worse than I did yesterday and I should have taken better care of you. I’m sorry.

Luhan almost cried when he heard those words, and he passed his arms around the young’s neck and held him tightly. Sehun, however, quickly pulled away.

-Wow, be careful. – He told the man, reaching for his belly, but not really touching it. – You’ll hurt them.

Luhan tilted his head.

-My stomach wasn’t even touching yours, how could I even… - He started, but then he realized something and he chuckled. – What you told me last night, when you said you wouldn’t sleep with me… You really are scared of hurting the babies, aren’t you?

Sehun blushed intensely.

-That’s why I slept as a wolf. I didn’t want to roll over you or anything.

Luhan had to laugh at that. Sehun was still nothing but a big cub.

-You won’t hurt them so easily. – He told the young. – We have to be careful, yes, but hugging won’t necessarily smash the babies.

-I know, I just… I feel like… - He couldn’t really say it, but he was scared.

He thought even Luhan’s moving would hurt the puppies and he just wanted to tell the man to lay down and stop moving already. The blonde, however, sat on his knees and grabbed Sehun’s hand.

-Come on, you can caress it, nothing will happen.

-Oh… - Sehun did, a little uncomfortable.

He did as Luhan told him though, and touched him. At first he was overly careful, touching it very lightly, but then he figured the cubs would be safe inside and he rubbed his hands up and down the small belly a couple of times.

-I can’t feel anything. – He said, and Luhan could hear a stream of disappointment in his voice.

-That’s because they are too small yet, but I think they’ll be kicking in no time. – He told the young. – Give them a couple of weeks and you’ll see.

Sehun nodded and smiled at Luhan before hugging him again, tighter this time.

-I’ll bring you some fruits for breakfast. – He told the man. - There’s water in the jar, if you are thirsty.  

He gave Luhan a quick kiss on the neck before pulling away.

-Then, after you eat, we can go wash ourselves and I’ll lend you some clothes, as I promised.

He said while reaching for his clothes.

-Thank you, Sehun. – Luhan smiled and waved at the man, who just finished dressing himself and told him goodbye.

Luhan watched the light brown wolf leaving and he let out the most relieved sound his body could convey, but it still wasn’t enough to express how comforted he felt at the moment. Even if he had to face pregnancy in that new pack, at least now he knew he could count on Sehun.

 

><><><><>< 

 

The first thing Kai did when he woke up that morning was finding a nice and warm looking cave for him to prepare. He came back by lunch time to prepare some food for Kyungsoo, but the man rejected it. He tried to talk to his mate again, to explain what happened, or even to say he loved him, but the man would hear nothing.

Therefore he spent his whole day preparing the cave he found, fluffing the dirt on the floor, building a little open cabinet for food and finding new leaves to make a comfortable bed. He would make a bed of cloths because he knew Kyungsoo liked them better, but he didn’t want to come back to his den and ruin the surprise.

By the evening the cave wasn’t finished yet, but it was cozy and well built so far, so he thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter