The breaking of a heart

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The brown wolves walked their way back to their village quietly. Sehun had an arm around Luhan’s body, and he would caress him sometimes, comforting him.

Kai walked some steps ahead of them, but he would turn his head around and glance at Luhan every now and then. The blonde looked really pale and he kept his arms around his belly, which was already starting to show. Kai watched him intensely, wondering if the puppies in Luhan’s tummy could be his. His cubs, his sons.

At some point Luhan glanced up and their eyes met. Luhan sustained Kai’s look for a couple of seconds and then looked away. Kai, for his turn, kept watching him. He could see the dried tears on the side of Luhan’s eyes and he wished he could do something to ease the man’s pain. It wasn’t healthy to neither Luhan or the cubs.

-Wait. – Suho suddenly said and they stopped. – Before we go to the village, I need to clarify something. – He said seriously. – Kai came to me earlier today, but Sehun was the one who claimed these puppies so… Whose are they?

Kai and Sehun exchanged glances. Kai was thinking about how they would explain Suho the situation, while Sehun was still trying to understand why Kai claimed the puppies to be his in the first place. In the end it was Luhan who stepped forward.

-We don’t know. – Said the blonde wolf. His cheeks were burning red with the shame, but he didn’t want to lie about it, especially to his new leader. – It can be either of them.

The wolves around gasped, shocked by the revelation. That blonde wolf had mated with two different wolves? That was something their pack would never accept.

Sehun was gaping at Luhan, unbelieving. That couldn’t be true, could it? Luhan was his, they were thinking about mating for good one day, and then Luhan had with another member of his pack? The young wolf didn’t think he could feel more hurt in his life.

There was another wolf, however, that felt just as hurt as he felt right now, and he approached with hesitant steps.

-What’s happening? – Kyungsoo asked and Kai gulped. – Who are you?

He asked Luhan, and the blonde bowed slightly to the man.

-I’m Luhan, I’ll be part of your pack now.

-You are the pregnant wolf. – Kyungsoo glanced down at Luhan’s prominent tummy and the man nodded.

-And you are…?

There was a tense moment in which no one even dared to breathe before Kyungsoo smiled weakly.

-I’m the mate of one of the men you ed with. – He answered sharply.

Luhan gasped and took a hand to his lips. He didn’t even think Kai or Sehun could have a mate and he didn’t know what to tell the man in front of him now. He saw Kai passing by his side and walking to the man though, so he glanced over to Sehun, who was biting on his lips uncomfortably.

-Kyungsoo… - Kai called, trying to grab one of the man’s hands, but Kyungsoo shoved him away.

-I’ll deal with you later, now I’m talking to that over there. – He said, pointing at Luhan.

Baekhyun held on the man’s arm, forbidding him to get to Luhan. Suho came to him as well.

-Calm down, Kyungsoo, maybe that’s how his pack works. – The leader told him in a composed tone, but Kyungsoo snorted and turned to Luhan.

-I don’t know how your pack works, but here we are more human than animals, we don’t go around ing other people’s mates!

-Kyungsoo, please… - Kai touched on his shoulder lightly.

Kyungsoo looked at him with furious eyes, but then only shook himself out of Baekhyun’s grip, turning his back on him. Then he the heels of his feet and walked away, his posture straight and his pace determined.

Kai meant to go after him, but Suho motioned him to stop.

-Not until this is solved. – He told Kai, who agreed, but couldn’t keep himself from staring at his mate as the man left.

Baekhyun followed Kyungsoo, and so did Chanyeol, so the three of them were left only with the leader, who sighed.

-You really don’t know who the father is? – He asked Luhan and the man dropped his eyes to the floor, shaking his head. – Well, then I guess we don’t have many choices.

His tone was incisive and the three trembled, waiting for Suho’s sentence.

-Since we don’t know who the father is yet, we’ll pretend both of you are. Both of you will care for Luhan, hunt for him and bring him water whenever he’s thirsty. Both of you will protect the den and be with him on the birth day. Just as Kris, I will allow no bastards in my pack so, whoever the father is, you’ll protect and raise the children with Luhan. You’ll take responsibilities for your acts, no excuses.

Sehun and Luhan nodded, but Kai kept quiet. Raise the children with Luhan? He expected he could raise them even if he was with Kyungsoo, but did Suho actually expect him to mate with Luhan if he was the father?

-Do you object Kai?

Kai raised two pleading eyes to Suho.

-I’m mated… - He murmured and the leader shook his head.

-You were also mated when you had a relation with Luhan. – He said, not even in a disapproving tone, but with a deep, sad voice. – So until these puppies are born and we are able to see who the father is, Luhan will sleep one night with each of you, so the time can be equally divided between the two fathers. You’ll obey my rules because all I’m doing is for the well-being of those cubs. If they are yours, would you like Luhan to be seen by the cubs as their only father?

-Of course not. – He answered softly and then told Suho he agreed as well.

-Luhan g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter