The 'sick' wolf

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The sky was really dark that night, and the white wolves sat around a big fire where they could roast their meat and warm themselves. The night was really cold and they had animal furs around their shoulders to help them keep the warmth. Chen poked a piece of meat with a clean stick to check if it was ready, and then handed it to Kris. The second piece he gave Luhan, and the third he gave Xiumin.

Before any other piece was ready yet, Luhan threw his piece back to the side of the fire and ran to the further point he could reach before he fell to his knees and threw up. It was unusual for Luhan to be sick, so that really surprised the men around the fire.

-Is he sick? – Kris asked and Xiumin tilted his head a bit.

-He has been sick for at least three days, I guess.

Kris nodded.

-Lay, I want you to take a look on him, see if there’s something wrong with his stomach.

-Of course. – Lay agreed and went to where Luhan was.

The healer pulled him away from the mess he did on the floor and then grabbed him by the neck to check the pulse of his heart.

He let go of Luhan’s neck quickly and asked him to breathe in and out deeply, and then he rubbed his hand over the blonde’s belly.

-Tell me what you feel. – Lay asked and Luhan pouted, trying to figure a way to explain the weird sensation.

-I feel sickened all the time, but I still feel very hungry, and I feel like my belly is kind of swollen and it feels… weird. – He said hesitantly.

This ache, or better, this discomfort was something Luhan never felt before and therefore it was hard to explain. He had been feeling like that for at least four days now, however, so he thought it must be something serious.

-It is a bit swollen, yes. – Lay said while pressing on Luhan’s stomach softly. – Are you still in your heat?

Luhan pouted again, trying to remember for how long he had been on his mating period. He knew he had been on his second month once he started dating Sehun, so he should be in his last week or so now.

-I was supposed to be in the last days now, but I don’t feel like I am anymore. It stopped soon this year.

He said matter-of-factly. Lay’s eyes went wide for a split second, but then he shook his head and went back to his place near the fire, followed closely by the blonde wolf.

-So? – Kris asked as they sat back on their places.

-It’s too soon to tell. – He said cautiously. – I’ll make him a potion to help with the sickness until I’m sure of what his… disease might be.

-You do that. – Kris told him, and then he turned to Luhan. – Tell us if you are in pain. If you get worse over the night, don’t even hesitate in waking me up, hear it?

Luhan smiled, thankful for his leader’s words. He knew Kris would be there for him if anything was happening to him.

-Of course, Kris. – Luhan told him. - Thank you.

Kris gave him a quick nod and they started eating again. Luhan ate his share, but he still felt quite hungry and he moaned softly, rubbing his belly when returning to his den. It was hard to return to the lack of water and meat after their deal with the brown wolves ended, and Luhan was having a hard time, especially now that he seemed to be so hungry all of a sudden.  

Kris watched his pack march to their dens with a bit of worry in his heart. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter