Chapter 29

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

The fresh air invaded my senses the moment I landed on a soft patch that cushioned my fall. While I took another minute let my eyes recover...

 

Wait, what?

 

I checked my surroundings and found myself sitting on a large patch of grass again.

 

Ew, grass again.

 

The sense of déjà vu was eerily strong this time round which gave me the shivers. Not a good sign.

 

I glanced around the vicinity to make out where I was and saw a similar setting as the previous dimension and wondered if I even travelled. I was surrounded by greenery with trees and benches were the basic setting. The place did look like a park. However, there was no question of the stupid white light and migraine I was experiencing.

 

Giving my surroundings a second assessment, I realized most of the people around were of my age – no kids running or elders doing their workouts. Just then, I noticed several buildings circling the park.

 

And that was when it hit me.

 

College campus! Everyone’s carrying books!

 

Amused at my slow realization of where I was, I slowly made my way off the grass patch and wondered why no one noticed my grand entrance. Then again, everyone seemed to be rushing off to some place, perhaps to their next lecture.

 

I made my way to one of the benches, thinking I should get my bearings straight first before deciding where I should go next. Luck seemed to shining on me when a voice suddenly spoke behind me.

 

“Wow, fancy meeting you here!” A familiar voice said sarcastically.

 

I was about to lecture the owner of that voice about politeness which seemed suitable for a campus setting when I realized who was talking to me.

 

“Jessi!” I exclaimed, spreading my arms to pull her into a hug. After all, she was going to be my ticket to find my targets of this trip.

 

However, to my surprise, she quickly avoided me and reached out her arms to block me from going near her.

 

“Why?” I pouted, slightly upset over the rejection. I ignored the rejection and tried again, this time, not allowing her to push me away.

 

“YAH!!!” She shrieked and struggled but I anticipated that and kept my arms round her, hugging her even tighter.

 

She just needs a little more love. I chuckled inwardly, feeling mischievous.

 

Suddenly, she stopped struggling and I let her go, wondering about the sudden transition.

 

“You… smell… okay.” Jessica gave me a bewildered look.

 

“Erm, yeah? Thanks?” I said hesitantly at the weird statement. What’s with her?

 

“For once.” Another voice suddenly interrupted. Sooyoung walked next to Jessica and hang her arm around Jessica’s neck. “Hi, haven’t seen you around for a while.”

 

“Hi…” I greeted back awkwardly, feeling the hostility directed at me.

 

“Come on, its lunchtime! We are meeting the others!” Sooyoung suddenly exclaimed and gave me slight nudge.

 

Right. I must have delayed Sooyoung’s mealtime to be treated with hostility.

 

I followed behind them slowly while thinking about my escape plan, just in case another Tiffany turns up. Then again, it did seem like that they haven’t seen Tiffany for quite a while so I decided that my chances were looking pretty good.

 

-

 

After finding a large round table at one end of the cafeteria, I took a seat which gave me the full view of the entrance so that I can see if Tiffany were to come. Jessica sat opposite of me while Sooyoung was already off to get her lunch.

 

Just then, Yoona and Seohyun entered the cafeteria together.

 

“Awww… the maknae couple.” I commented with a smile.

 

Jessica gave me another look which I couldn’t decipher after she turned around and saw who I was referring to. They quickly saw us and came towards us. Surprisingly, when Yoona sat down next to Jessica, Seohyun came to sit beside me.

 

"Hi unnie! Haven't seen you for a while!" Seohyun greeted me excitedly.

 

"Yeah, unnie! Nice to see you!" Yoona concurred.

 

Wow, the Tiffany here is rather elusive. I thought as I smiled awkwardly at them, deciding not to comment till I figure this dimension out.

 

“Aren’t you sitting next to Yoona?” I asked Seohyun, trying to change the subject.

 

“Why?” Seohyun asked innocently. “I sat beside her the whole day in lecture already.”

 

I shrugged and didn’t make further comments on it but I can't help wondering if they had a fight. Turning my attention back to the entrance, I spotted Yuri coming in, looking around in search of us. When her line of view came into contact with Jessica’s back, she smiled widely.

 

Gosh, whipped. I thought.

 

However, what happened next gave me the biggest shock ever and I thought a murder case would happen right there and then.

 

Yuri walked towards the direction of Jessica but suddenly switched direction. She bended down next to Yoona and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

 

My eyes widen in shock and gasped.

 

Holy , is she asking for a death wish?! I quickly glanced towards Jessica.

 

However, Jessica did not react to that kiss. I was speechless.

 

Yuri proceeded to sit down next to Yoona and I continued to stare at them in surprise. I had no words.

 

Nope, nothing.

 

While I was still recomposing my confused mind, a voice spoke. I must have missed her entering when I still staring at the trio in front of me.

 

“Hey babe!” Hyoyeon sat down next to Seohyun after giving her a kiss on the cheeks as well.

 

“Unnie, I told you not to call me that!” Seohyun blushed and hit Hyoyeon jokingly.

 

“What…” I muttered softly under my breath, feeling utterly shocked at the second surprise. I quickly glanced at Yoona, who’s attention was fully on Yuri.

 

Oh my god. I was too stupefied to make sense of what was going on. I looked at everyone at the table wondering what in the world was happening.

 

That was when Sooyoung sat down next to Jessica with a tray of food. Yoona quickly reached out to steal some of it when Sooyoung slapped her hands away.

 

“Yah, get your own, this is for my Sica.”

 

I believed my brain died at that moment.

 

“Where’s the other two?” Hyoyeon suddenly asked.

 

On cue, two more individuals entered the cafeteria and I stand to correct my previous statement.

 

This was the actual moment where my brain exploded.

 

Taeyeon and Sunny just entered the area.

 

Right next to each other.

 

Too close for comfort.

 

Hand in hand.

 

What. The. PHUCK!

 

-

 

A/N: Okay, I admit I am evil. I just mixed up all the pairings. Yes, I did. Booyah!

Then again, I may have put myself into hot soup. How am I going to clean up this mess?

Anyway, a little bird told me it's better to stay focus and try to finish one fic instead of starting new ones and jump around. Let's see how long I can stay focus. =X

And.. to answer questions posted last chapter... wait I can't do that. Those are the questions I want my readers to keep in mind till the very end. (Taeyeon is gone and what's gonna happen to our Tiffany?) *cue evil laugh*

Time to run and hide.