Chapter 28

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

While Tiffany was wailing from the fall, I walked mindlessly to the boy who was giving the crying Tiffany a smirk. It was the same boy whom Taeyeon was playing with earlier.

 

How dare he?!

 

I momentarily forgot the fact that they were all kids. I pulled the boy by the back of his collar, drawing his attention to me while I stare blankly at him.

 

From the corner of my eye, I saw Taeyeon hurriedly kneeled next to Tiffany and held her hands.

 

The boy blinked at me for a few seconds before deciding his next move.

 

And he cried.

 

Holy .

 

I quickly let go of him but he continued wailing like no tomorrow.

 

Even Tiffany stopped crying, totally forgot about her fall and looked at the wailing boy in mock amazement.

 

There was a moment of silence between me, Taeyeon and Tiffany as we stare blankly at the crying boy before I was shoved aside harshly.

 

A woman in her late thirties dashed in front of the boy and hugged him tight, cooing him to stop crying.

 

“Baby, its okay, what happened? Tell mummy?”

 

The boy said nothing and resumed crying. The woman then looked around her before setting her eyes on me.

 

Uhoh.

 

“You!” She released the boy and stomped towards me. Taken aback, I could only widen my eyes at the change of events.

 

“Yah, what kind of adult are you? Going around bullying kids?” The woman pointed an accusing finger at me.

 

But I didn’t do anything! I thought.

 

Not yet. I added in my mind as I glanced at the kid. That was when I caught the crying boy smirking for a split second.

 

That little bas…

 

“Yah! Look at me when I am talking to you!” The woman shouted at me.

 

And that was it.

 

“And what kind of moral are you teaching your kid? He pushed the poor little girl over there and shown no sign of remorse.” I stated plainly, staring right back at the woman. “All I did was to pull him aside.”

 

I haven’t even given him the beating he deserved! I almost said the last part out aloud.

 

Before the woman was able to come back with something, Taeyeon suddenly stood beside me and said, “Yes, this unnie is right. I saw it.”

 

I gasped inwardly at how mature Taeyeon looked then. She was ready to stand up for what she believed is right.

 

Sensing her losing stand, the woman quickly turned and picked up the boy, “Let’s go and not waste our time talking to those unreasonable people.”

 

I was about to shout at the woman when I felt a tug on my hand.

 

“Thank you, unnie.” Taeyeon smiled and bowed.

 

I looked at her in amazement as she quickly went back to Tiffany, who was still on the floor. Taeyeon dusted the dirt off Tiffany’s hands and saw the slight bruising caused by the fall.

 

“There, all good now,” She kissed the bruise and grinned widely at Tiffany. Taeyeon then stood up and offered Tiffany her hand.

 

Tiffany blinked innocently before taking Taeyeon’s hand to stand up.

 

Gahhhhhh… Too cute!! I thought as I observed the pair in silence.

 

Just then, little Tiffany walked towards me and bowed. “Thank you, unnie.”

 

I smiled in amusement before bending down to her eye level.

 

“You are welcome.” I patted her head, feeling a little amused at the eccentricity of the situation.

 

Before they leave, I suddenly remembered the reason for being there.

 

“Can you promise something in return?” I asked Tiffany who nodded meekly.

 

“Stay true to your heart.” I said and she just stared blankly at me.

 

Sighing, I squatted down and pointed to her heart. “Follow what your heart tells you.”

 

The blank look on Tiffany’s face remained and I guessed she didn’t understand me. However, before I try to explain it further, Tiffany seemed to realize my disappointment. She quickly grabbed my hand and hooked her pinky with mine.

 

“Okay! Pinky promise!”

 

I could only smile at that innocent child, making a promise she doesn’t understand just so that I wouldn’t feel upset.

 

Turning to Taeyeon, I decided to make it easier to understand.

 

“Can you promise me something too? Don’t ever meet Tiffany near a park in the year 2013?”

 

Before Taeyeon could answer, Tiffany protested immediately.

 

“Why?!” Tiffany glared at me, all upset at my request.

 

However, Taeyeon seemed less concerned about not meeting Tiffany.

 

“Okay!” She decided and hooked our pinky fingers, to which Tiffany pouted and folded her arms.

 

Taeyeon quickly turn towards Tiffany and said with a grin, “No meeting in park but we can meet elsewhere!”

 

Tiffany looked up and her expression instantly brightens up.

 

Gosh, kids… I thought. I watched as they skipped away happily and wondered if they would remember their promises when the time comes.

 

As they disappear from my view, I took out my pocket watch and sighed.

 

One down, seven more to go.

 

Click.

 

-

 

A/N:

Sorry for the delay. Another short update here.

Gahhhh, young taeny must be so cuteeee~~ Nope, not being pedo here. Eek!

Answers to some of your questions posted last chapter:

@veeyuzuu : yeah you! Lol. It's still dimension travelling. Our Tiffany remembers because she had similar experiences. The differences in dimensions vary depending on choices made.

@yoonju04 : haha yes. ssshhhh, can't say more till we get there =P