Chapter 22

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

I slowly turned around to stall for time.

 

What should I say?

I am big fan? No, I will be escorted out!

I am one of the staff? But I don’t have a staff pass!

 

I stared at the girl for the longest time as I thought about my explanation.

 

“Unnie?” the girl called out and gave me a bewildered look.

 

Wait, why is she calling me unnie?

 

She let out a sigh before removing her hand on my shoulder.

 

“Unnie, I know your schedule is killing you but I can’t have you slip out on me again.” The girl frowned at me, “I won’t ask you where you disappeared to last night, so let’s forget about everything and go back in?”

 

“O…kay.” I croaked nervously.

 

I blinked once. Twice.

 

OH. I can’t believe I forgot I am Tiffany!

 

I cleared my throat as I peeked at her staff pass.

 

Seo Ju Hyun. Manager.

 

“Oh Juhyun! I can’t believe you caught me! Hahaha!” I laughed awkwardly as I unwound my scarf.

 

"Uhuh?!" She looked at me with a concerned look. "And why are you calling me Juhyun? You always call me Seohyun."

 

"Huh? Oh I am just flusttered cos you caught me!" I chuckled nervously.

 

Act normal!! My mind screamed as I started walking.

 

“Where are you going? Your waiting room is over there.” Seohyun pointed towards the door on the left, “I will come and get you when they are ready.”

 

“Don’t run away again!” She added as she walked away, presumably towards the studio.

 

Phew, that was close.

 

I stood in front of the door and was about to knocked when I saw two approaching staff staring at me with a confused look.

 

I quickly withdraw my hand and smiled at them.

 

Right, no need to knock. This is my room.

 

After they went back to do whatever they were doing, I entered the room and locked the door in one swift movement.

 

Immediately, the occupant of the room looked up from the magazine she was reading and our eyes met.

 

We froze.

 

“What the hell are you doing here?” Tiffany growled as she gave me a merciless glare. If not for her superstar status, I believe she would have pounced on me without warning. Having dealt with scrutinizing netizens and media probably has worn away our tendency to act on emotions before thinking. 

 

“I am here to explain about what happened last night and who I really am.” I went straight in, knowing she would throw me out anytime.

 

Crossing her arms, her expression remained cold.

 

“I believe Taeyeon has made herself clear enough and I don’t really care who you are.”

 

If I wasn’t Tiffany, I probably have believed that she didn’t care. Indeed, she was able to mask her emotions well with that expressionless face. However, I noticed the magazine in her hands is about to tear apart from her grip.

 

“Firstly, Taeyeon is not cheating on you with me. And secondly, that’s absurd considering I am you.” I said as I moved closer to her.

 

“This is it, I am calling security.” Tiffany rolled her eyes, totally dismissing what I have said and stood up to walk towards the door.

 

“Just let me explain.” I moved to block her way to the door. “You really love Taeyeon, don’t you? If you do, you wouldn’t dismiss me that easily.”

 

Tiffany glared at me but didn’t move, probably still thinking about what I have said.

 

“I am listening.” She finally said.

 

Sigh, here we go again.

 

-

 

“Yeah, I AM calling security.” Tiffany confirmed her thoughts about me after I explained my dimension travelling situation.

 

“Wait!” I panicked. I guessed being a star makes her more skeptical about people as compared to other Tiffanys I met. “Come on, ask me anything. I know everything about you!”

 

She merely glared at me like I am some stalker.

 

“I am not a stalker!” My eyes widen in realization that I wasn’t really helping my case.

 

“Fine, even if I disregard the possibility that you are a stalker, my information is practically all over the internet. I can just grab any of my fans and they probably know me better than myself.” She stated plainly.

 

“How about Taeyeon? You can ask anything about her!”

 

“Right, and that’s gonna help me understand she’s not cheating on me with you.” She replied sarcastically.

 

“How about Jessica? Yuri?” I suggested, desperately trying to make her believe me.

 

“Seriously, you are getting creepy. Besides, Taeyeon could have told you about them anyway. Who knows what Taeyeon told you.” Tiffany stubbornly refuted.

 

Ugh. This girl is so bend on thinking Taeyeon is cheating on her with me, isn’t she?

 

“DNA!” I shouted randomly, as the thought came to me suddenly. “We will have the same DNA!”

 

“You expect me to go do a DNA test with you?!” She scoffed, probably thinking that’s the most absurd thing she ever heard.

 

She’s right. How are we supposed to do that? It can probably just prove that I am her non-existent twin which will probably spark off some parentage issue. That’s just messy.

 

Shaking her head, she shoved me away and made her way to the door.

 

Ugh. NOOOOOOO! THINK Tiffany THINK!!!

 

“How about fingerprint?!” I took my last shot. A very long shot at that too. Considering twins or even clones do not have the same fingerprint, I was not sure if that can help me. Not that it can make my current situation any worse if our fingerprints turn out to be different, since she is going call security on me already.

 

She raised an eyebrow and looked at me, totally amused.

 

“Why not, let’s see where you can go with this.” She said with a smirk, seemingly waiting to see me embarrass myself further.

 

Lady luck was finally showing a little of herself when I found a few transparency and an inkpad. I let out a sigh as I put down my thumb print and passed it to Tiffany, fingers crossed.

 

I watched intently as she did the same and placed both transparencies together and attempted to match the prints. She still had that smirk on her face but the smirk suddenly turned into a frown and her face started to go pale.

 

Jackpot!

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!”

 

Yup, there’s that shriek I was expecting.

 

-

 

A/N:

I apologise if my updates are getting slow and short. My workload has been increasing and it seems easier for my tired mind to read other people's work instead of updating my own. That being said, rest assured I won't stop writing altogether. Leaving people hanging endlessly is just too... Yeah, I hope you get my point.

Okay, now back to the story. Please ignore the following if you don't want to think too much.

Here goes, even for identical twins or clones, fingerprints are developed differently in the womb. However, we are talking about parallel dimensions and I would like to think that different dimensions are fundamentally the same. Only the many decisions we made change things and cause the differences, no matter how consequential the decisions are to our lives initially, like the butterfly effect. So, essentially, we are really talking about the same Tiffany in all different dimensions but what made them different is perhaps the choices Tiffany herself and people around her made which subsequently influenced the outcome. Lol, am I making any sense? Well, I am thinking too much. Ugh.