Chapter 20

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

Within the privacy of my new acquired room which supposedly belonged to my alternate existence, I searched the premises for personal effects but to no avail. The other Tiffany had cleared all the essential stuff out.

 

After my initial thrill of pretending to be a detective looking for clues has died down, I wondered what could possibly went wrong with Taeyeon and Tiffany here.

 

A misunderstanding? The last two dimensions were great examples.

A bad break up? That’s if they were together in the first place.

Or perhaps, the dramatic fall out when Tiffany pursued her career in the expense of Taeyeon?

Wait, if that’s the case, shouldn’t Taeyeon be angry and not want Tiffany anywhere near her instead of the other way round?

 

This doesn’t make sense. I sighed.

 

This is harder than I initially thought. For one, I can’t possibly ask the hostile Yoona. I mean, what’s with that girl? And then, there’s Taeyeon, who seemed unwilling to talk about the last tenant of my current room. Taeyeon can’t be blamed though. Who will open up to a stranger even though I look like Tiffany?

 

Wait.

 

I am Tiffany!

 

I shook my head as I continued my silent argument with myself.

 

Now that I have established the fact that I am Tiffany, I should be able to pry something out of Taeyeon! I face-palmed myself for the stupidity I have displayed to no one.

 

Tiffany’s things are gone but Taeyeon's are still around! I smiled even wider at that thought as I continued to plan out my quest for clues when Taeyeon is out for work.

 

Just then, I heard the door opposite my room opened and closed.

 

Taeyeon? I wondered. Why’s she still up so late?

 

Concerned, I opened my door to check on her, only to catch a glimpse of her leaving by the front door.

 

Where is she going at this hour?

 

Now even more concerned, I grabbed my disguise and followed her.

 

-

 

Honestly, Taeyeon was really careful as she walked towards the river, constantly checking behind her back to see anyone was following her.

 

There were a few close calls but I managed to avoid detection as I distant myself from her. Considering the fact that the streets were quiet and deserted at this hour, I had to stay as far as possible without losing sight of her.

 

It felt weird seeing her so paranoid but that spurred my determination to find out what she is up to.

 

As she stood by the river bank, I hid behind a tree and pondered if I should approach her. There must be something or someone bothering her that she had to take a walk by the river.

 

Just as I thought I should grab the opportunity of having her alone for a small talk, I noticed that she was checking her watch every now and then while looking around the vicinity.

 

It seemed like she was searching for something or perhaps waiting for someone.

 

My questions were soon answered as I saw someone approaching her and she gave the unknown person a warm smile.

 

The person looked awfully familiar but I can’t seem to point out who she was. Besides, she was wearing a baseball cap with a scarf around her face. I stared at my own scarf as I thought I was the only one paranoid of showing myself.

 

Before I could make out the situation, the person pulled down her scarf and leaned towards Taeyeon.

 

HOLY…

 

She’s not going to…

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

 

My eyes widen in shock as they engaged in a kiss, too long to be considered mere friends.

 

Hell. Why is this so hard?!

 

I shook my head in disapproval as I thought this other Tiffany had screwed up bad to have lost Taeyeon to someone else.

 

Now what? I sighed. No harm knowing who stole our Taeyeon, right?

 

I should at least know who the enemy is if I were to help the other Tiffany. If she wanted to have her back that is. I could feel an impending headache as I wondered how I was to talk to the other Tiffany. Her current status is another sticky situation which I had no experience dealing with. If only I could talk to Taeyeon from dimension 11 who worked with celebrities all the time.

 

Wait, did Taeyeon cheated on Tiffany and that’s why Tiffany hated her and didn’t want her anywhere near? I frowned at that thought as I felt an anonymous anger rising.

 

I tip-toed nearer to the couple to get a better view but my stalker luck ran out this time. I accidentally kicked an empty bottle on the ground, making a relative loud noise.

 

I cursed inwardly and towards whoever littered at this amazing river bank with superb view when I was interrupted by a shout.

 

“You!”

 

I looked up towards where it came from, only to see both Taeyeon and the unknown girl staring at me.

 

The next thing I knew, the girl was running towards me, seemingly flustered and would pounce on me. Startled by my disposition, I froze in spot and within seconds, the girl was right in front of me, grabbing my scarf.

 

On reflex, I grabbed her scarf back and instincts took over.

 

Ugh! This *&^&%&^%$&^! I cursed inwardly as I glared at the girl who glared back at me.

 

It turned into a scuffle.

 

"Stop!"

 

We only let go when Taeyeon came over to pull us apart.

 

As we let go of each other, we pulled each other’s scarf and fell to the ground.

 

Ouch.

 

Seriously, this dimension travelling thing is taking its toll on my , considering the number of times my had to come into contact with the cold hard ground.

 

That was when I heard both of them exclaimed in surprise.

 

“Stephanie?”

“Oh my god!”

 

Uhoh. I thought as I looked up and finally get to see who the girl was. If my heart was any weaker, I probably get a heart attack with the shock I was getting.

 

Tiffany?!

 

-

 

A/N:

Has anyone see my marbles? I can't seem to find them.

Anyway, I am not sure about the difficulty cos I really, seriously, write as I go. No plans whatsoever.

Oh, and thanks for the support, Taenycious! Haha, I am happy with my loyal readers as of now already.

Hope you guys enjoy my weird plot twists. =P