Chapter 19

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

“You are not seriously letting her stay here just because she looks like Tiffany unnie.” Yoona commented as she looked at me.

 

Seriously? I thought as I glare back at the girl whom I just met. She did just imply that I am not welcome at the place.

 

“Yah, watch your words, Yoona.” Taeyeon glared at Yoona as well.

 

“I mean, no offense but you have nothing on you. No ID, no nothing to prove that you are not some psychopath or perhaps an illegal immigrant! We don’t even know if Stephanie is your real name.” Yoona spoke, this time directly at me.

 

She was right, I have nothing except my pocket watch thanks to the stupid Tiffany back in universe number 11 and Stephanie isn't really my name.

 

“None taken. It’s alright, I can find somewhere else to stay.” I said as I stood up to leave.

 

“No! You can stay. Yoona, come with me.” Taeyeon stopped me and dragged Yoona into the kitchen.

 

I let out a sigh as I recalled how I ended up in Taeyeon’s apartment which she shared with her dongsaeng, Yoona, an aspiring model.

 

-

Flashback

 

O. M. G.

 

I am star??!!

 

I stared at the advertisement board in shock as I tried to come to terms with the new information.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAA, it’s Tiffany!” Some fans squealed in a distance and suddenly all eyes were on me.

 

Uhoh.

 

The next thing I knew, I was running away from a pack of wolves overzealous fans who seemed to have superman stamina. Spotting a sharp corner, I hid behind the walls as the fans ran passed me. When I could no longer hear them, I let out a sigh as I tried to catch my breath.

 

How the hell did I turn into a star? I thought for a moment.

 

But the fans were just scary. They seemed to have radar locked onto me as I noticed they were making their way back towards my direction. Before I could respond to that, a hand grabbed me and ran, pulling me along.

 

I was about to scream when I noticed the person pulling me was someone familiar.

 

Taeyeon?! My eyes widen in realization as I watched her survey the surroundings before pulling me into one of the shops through the back door.

 

“That was close.” Taeyeon finally spoke when she closed the door behind us. “Don’t worry, I know the owner of this place, you are safe here.”

 

I stared at her in disbelief. She had just came to my rescue like my knight in shining armor.

 

Taeyeon noticed the stare and looked away instantly.

 

“I am sorry, I know you don’t want me near you but…”

 

Before she could finish her sentence, we heard my voice in the TV at the back of the shop. Our attention turned towards the TV and we realized the other Tiffany was on the TV music programme at that point of time.

 

And then I saw the 4 letter word on the top right hand corner.

 

LIVE.

 

Oh .

 

Taeyeon seemed to have realized the same thing as she turned to look at me with a questioning look on her face.

 

I let out an awkward laugh as I lowered my head and tried to come up with something.

 

“I look like her, don’t I?” I asked awkwardly. “Well, erm, I am not. I… er… I am Stephanie. I just came from America.”

 

I added the last sentence as I hoped it would explain my cluelessness.

 

“Oh.”

 

Taeyeon was skeptical but nonetheless accepted my explanation. I guess no one would suspect dimension travelling since that’s just sci-fi and having a doppelganger seemed to be a much more acceptable idea.

 

“Sorry about earlier then.” Taeyeon apologized. “Hi, I am Taeyeon. Where are you heading?”

 

I was stunned by her question as I had no idea where to go at this point of time. I had no cash, no ID, no nothing. I don’t even belong here. Usually, I should find the other Tiffany but it seemed a little hard considering she is a star at this universe. Besides, I have no idea where the girl stays and I can’t simply barge into the broadcasting station now.

 

“Are you alright? Where are your stuff?” Taeyeon asked, sensing something was wrong as I didn’t reply to her earlier question.

 

“Well, I lost my stuff when I was on my way here.” I replied. It was true though, I did lost my stuff at Universe 11 which was on my way here.

 

“Do you anywhere to go then?” Taeyeon asked again, seemingly concerned.

 

I shook my head worriedly.

 

Do I have to leave this universe without accomplishing anything? I wondered. How was I to survive in another universe with no ID or even showing my face? The fans would eat me alive!

 

I let out a sigh as I looked at my pocket watch.

 

“You can stay with me in the meantime.” Taeyeon offered.

 

I looked up at her in disbelief again. She just offered to let me stay with her, not knowing who I am or where I come from!

 

I know I wouldn’t harm her but why would she do that for a stranger?

 

I hesitated for a moment as I thought about my options. It seemed like an obvious choice if I want to stay to bring us together.

 

“Don’t worry, I mean no harm. I am not a psychopath if that’s what you are worried about.” Taeyeon said sincerely.

 

“Wait, are you one?” Taeyeon asked jokingly to break the tense atmosphere.

 

“No, of course not.” I chuckled at her attempt to joke. “Thanks for the offer but I don’t want to bother…”

 

“It’s no bother, really.” Taeyeon interrupted before I could finish my words. “You can stay with me till you figure out where to go next.”

 

Taeyeon paused for a moment before continuing. “If you are worried, you wouldn’t be staying with me alone. I am staying with a dongsaeng and she’s nice. Unless, you don’t want to stay with two strangers.”

 

“No, I mean it’s fine, just…” I didn’t want her to misunderstand that I don’t like her or her dongseang.

 

“Then that settles it.” Taeyeon interrupted again to stop me from rejecting her offer. “Come with me.”

 

-

 

So here I was sitting at living room couch, waiting for Taeyeon and Yoona to come to a consensus as to whether I could stay or not.

 

After five minutes, I saw Yoona walking out of the kitchen, glaring at me before heading to her room. There was definitely hostility in that glare.

 

“She’s normally nice, just a little protective of me.” Taeyeon spoke as she came out of the kitchen. “Sometimes, I wonder who’s the unnie over here.”

 

I nodded and smiled weakly at her. I wasn’t sure what I was doing right now.

 

“You can take the room at the end of the corridor. It’s empty since the last tenant moved out.” Taeyeon said as she gestured me to follow her to the room. There seemed to be a tinge of sadness when Taeyeon spoke of the last tenant. However, I thought it was too early to start asking sensitive questions and the last thing I need was her to kick me out.

 

At least now I have a roof over my head with Taeyeon right next door, I could slowly plan my next step. Then again, I probably need to know what Taeyeon and Tiffany’s relationship is like in this universe.

 

However, it was a little self-explanatory when I stepped into the vacated room. It was all pink and everything left there screamed my own name. That was when I remembered Taeyeon mentioned something about the other Tiffany not wanting Taeyeon anywhere near her.

 

Okay, they are definitely not doing very well over here. I deduced.

 

Looks like I need to do more digging.

 

-

 

A/N:

Okay, back with an update.

Yup, only our Tiffany can go dimension travelling. And yup, she went straight to the next universe without going back to her own.

Haha, but nope, she's not in SNSD. Sorry to disappoint. I pondered about it and it seemed like a good idea since there's really a dimension with her in SNSD (*cough* our dimension.) However, that would be too predictable, wouldn't it? Besides, I really can't see how I could fit in another dimension travelling Tiffany into their dorm. All I can imagine is an instant poof and our Tiffany is back at her own universe.

Once again, thanks for your patience and support! =)