Chapter 16

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

“Hi Sunny!” Taeyeon greeted the intruded girl before turning back to Tiffany. “Sunny and Sooyoung will be joining us today, you won’t mind right?”

 

YES, I FREAKING MIND. I thought as I watched another girl walked towards the trio.

 

Tiffany just gave an awkward smile, a little uncomfortable with the additional company.

 

“You remember Sunny and Sooyoung? They were my uni course mates and now my colleagues.” Taeyeon introduced them to Tiffany again.

 

YEAH, I REMEMBER. An unknown anger rose from the abyss as I thought about one of the said girl. I knew that Sunny had something for Taeyeon. I KNEW IT.

 

Sooyoung just smiled at Tiffany shyly and looked around the place, seemingly searching for something. “I wonder if there are any nice foods around…” Sooyoung said to herself before showing Taeyeon a smirk like Taeyeon owed her something.

 

Just then, Sunny lurched forward and held Taeyeon by the arm. “Come on, let’s go play first!”

 

UGH, THAT #$%^&@*(! MIDGET. I cursed under my breath but decided not to affect the other Tiffany.

 

“Stay calm and we will handle that midget together.” I muttered into the ear piece and Tiffany shot me an irritated look and turned back to glare at Sunny.

 

-

 

The additional company was not helping the whole situation. In fact, it was pissing me off as Sunny continued to drag Taeyeon along at each of the rides, leaving Tiffany with Sooyoung behind. I gritted my teeth as I saw that midget continued to hold Taeyeon by the arm.

 

This time, they were headed towards the haunted house and knowing myself, Tiffany MUST sit beside Taeyeon but I had to do something about that annoying midget.

 

Like a miracle, I saw a boy with a water gun walking by me and a smirk escaped my face.

 

-

 

“YAH, stop!” Sunny exclaimed as the boy continued to squirt her with his water gun. “You little…”

 

Just as Sunny approached the boy angrily, the boy started crying, apparently startled by her intense glare.

 

“He’s just a kid.” Taeyeon quickly pulled Sunny back.

 

“Fine.” Sunny sighed and stomped off to the toilet, with Sooyoung trailing behind.

 

That was when I saw Tiffany smile for the first time since the start of date. She gave me a knowing grin and pulled Taeyeon towards their next ride.

 

Ha, a bag of gummy bears to get Sunny off Taeyeon’s back, definitely worth it.

 

-

 

Lunchtime

 

“Try this TaeTae, I made this myself.” Tiffany held the kimbap up to Taeyeon’s mouth to feed her.

 

Taeyeon gave her a skeptical look as she stared at the food.

 

Uhoh, is that what I think it is? I wondered anxiously.

 

With the food right in front of her, Taeyeon was not able to refuse. Reluctantly, she opened and frowned.

 

“Why? Is it nice?” Tiffany asked excitedly.

 

“Erm… Yeah…” Taeyeon squeezed out a smile as she continued to chew.

 

Tiffany beamed at her compliment as she took a bite at her own creation when Taeyeon tried to stop her.

 

It was too late.

 

On cue, Tiffany spat out the kimbap and down a bottle of water.

 

“I must have mistaken the black vinegar for soya sauce.” Tiffany said, all flustered. “Spit it out! Why are you still chewing?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head and swallowed the food. “It tasted good since you made it.”

 

“YAH, but it is inedible!” Sunny interrupted the sweet moment. “Let’s go get some real food.”

 

Ugh, that midget. But I guess she was right. This Tiffany was no different from me and we should just be responsible for eating rather than making food.

 

-

 

I took a seat across the group in the restaurant as they started ordering their food.

 

As if she was taunting Tiffany, Sunny deliberately ordered kimbap, not forgetting to remind Tiffany of her earlier hiccup.

 

“One edible kimbap, please.”

 

My blood started to boil as I watched the other Tiffany helplessly looked down, feeling all ashamed.

 

Luckily, I saw Taeyeon held her hand under the table and gave her a gently squeeze. It was heartwarming yet it still didn’t help with my overwhelming rage.

 

Just when her order of kimbap came up to the counter waiting to be brought to the table, the waitresses at the restaurant was held up serving other customers. I sneaked up and added a little flavor to her edible kimbap.

 

It was not long before I heard a shriek from the table.

 

“AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! HOT! HOT! WATER!!!!”

 

How's that for your wasabi kimbap? I thought as I laughed inwardly.

 

Swiftly, Tiffany walked to the counter to get her some water as she was seating closer to the edge. And then, I saw her holding a dark brown colour liquid back to the table and handed it to Sunny.

 

“Psssffftttt!!” Sunny immediately spat out the drink. “What the hell is that?”

 

“Erm, herbal tea? I heard it’s good for health.” Tiffany replied innocently.

 

“You… You… Ugggghhhh!” Sunny could only drop the issue since there was nothing wrong being health concerned.

 

Just then, Tiffany turned towards me and gave me a wink.

 

Ha, that’s what you get for messing with two Tiffanys.

 

-

 

The rest of the afternoon was rather unproductive as Tiffany and Sunny continued to bicker and fight behind Taeyeon’s back. Not that Taeyeon was not aware, she tried to mediated but eventually gave up. Tiffany seemed to figured that if she can’t get Taeyeon alone, Sunny was not going to get her either. I tried to persuade Tiffany to put her attention back to Taeyeon but no avail. In fact, I was pretty much agitated myself that I almost wanted to come out of my cover and jump on our common enemy.

 

So, I decided to vent my anger via another channel. We were at the wishing tree and the group was writing their individual wishes to be hung on the tree.

 

I took a paper and started wishing things about that annoying girl which are not fit to repeated anywhere. With a wide smile, I hung my wish onto the tree, all happy with my work.

 

Just then, I heard a familiar squabble nearby and made my way nearer to see what happened this time.

 

To my dismay, all I heard was, “Enough you two! Get a hold of yourselves and leave me out of it.”

 

With that, Taeyeon angrily walked off, leaving the trio in shock.

 

.

 

-

 

A/N:

Lol, weird as it sounds, I thought the same thing when I wrote it although I knew very well who I was writing about!

Hmm, its difficult to say how different they are. The bottomline is they are all the same when it comes to Taeyeon! YAY, TAENY FTW!

Haha, I realised I seemed to have an uncanny tendency to 'harm' Taeyeon in the first chapter, which brings me to the shameless promotion of my other work in progress - Target. Locked. It's more towards action and kinda darker than this fic, which is ironic, since I killed Taeyeon here in the first chapter.

ERHEM, well, just take a look if you may and let me know what you guys think. =D