Chapter 15

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

Saturday

“All done?” I asked as I stepped into the house from the errand.

 

She smiled brightly as she held up the box of kimbap she had made proudly. I gave her an approval nod to acknowledge the effort she had put in though I had to wonder how this Tiffany is better in kitchen as compared to me and the other Tiffany I met in universe 10.

 

“You are not going there wearing this, are you?” I commented as I removed some rice from her hair.

 

“Oh my god, I am going to be late.” She rushed into the room to change as she instinctively looked at the clock.

 

I shook my head and smiled at the nervous girl. Before she closed the door to the room, her head popped out into the hallway.

 

“Blue roses?” she questioned the flowers I had in my hands.

 

-

Flashback

 

Roses… Roses… Roses… Wow, there are so many different types!

 

“Good morning! May I help you?” a cheerful voice greeted me from behind and I looked up towards the direction of the voice.

 

She had her blond hair tied into a ponytail, showing her distinct facial outline yet she was wearing a facemask that covered the lower half of her face and a pair of thick glasses that further hid her features. From the logo stamped onto her apron, she seemed to be a florist at the flower shop. Perhaps being conscientious about her face mask, she frowned and whispered, “Sorry about the mask, had a bad flu. I am all well now, this is just in case.”

 

I smiled at her and shook my head, indicating I was not in any way affected by that.

 

“Would you like to get some roses?” Her eyebrows parted and from her eyes, I could tell she was smiling.

 

I nodded in response but worn a worried face as I looked at the large array of roses they have in store. Just then, another florist brought in a new batch of blue roses.

 

Her favourite colour is blue. I thought as I watched the other florist carefully arranged them at the corner.

 

Following my line of sight, the girl spoke, “Hmmm, blue roses, you are in luck, they are rare and just came in.”

 

She motioned me to follow her as she moved towards the blue roses.

 

“Since blue roses are rare in nature, some said blue roses symbolized attaining the impossible.” She continued as she handed me a stalk of the blue roses. Curious, I took the rose in my hand.

 

Its meaning seemed to have stirred something in me.

 

Taeyeon-ah, are you impossible to attain now?

 

I sighed at that thought and looked back at the florist. Her eyes… seemed sad. I supposed everyone has their own story to tell.

 

“I will have the blue roses.”

 

-

 

“Don’t worry, it’s gonna be fine. “ I said as I adjusted her outfit at the entrance of the amusement park. “There are five stars for love today, isn’t there?”

 

Quoting the horoscope she so believed in seemed to effective in calming the girl down a little.

 

“Here,” I handed her the roses. “Smile, give her flowers and then we will somehow work it out from there. Alright?”

 

She shifted uncomfortably but nonetheless, took the flower and nodded.

 

After a last minute check of the phone and some sound check, I walked towards the corner and put on my own set of disguise just in case. Just then, I spotted Taeyeon walking towards Tiffany, seemingly nervous herself as well. My heart skipped a beat as I watched on, everything was like a dream come true for me, except that I was still at the sidelines. Nonetheless, I felt contented just by looking at both of them going on a date. Perhaps, just perhaps, my Taeyeon would be right beside me watching all this unfold together with me.

 

“Fany-ah!” Taeyeon called out.

 

Tiffany turned around as soon as she heard her name and gave Taeyeon her brightest smile.

 

It seemed like a great start as the weather was great, the birds were chirping happily and both of them looked like a couple having their ever first date.

 

Biting her lips, she looked down as she held up the flowers for Taeyeon. It was a heartwarming sight until I noticed the frown on Taeyeon’s face. She hesitated before accepting the flowers but continued to hold the flowers away from herself.

 

“Why…” Tiffany gave a confused face as Taeyeon didn’t show any sign of excitement.

 

“Nono, I like the flowers. Just… “ Taeyeon quickly explained but before she finished, she started sneezing non-stop.

 

“AH-CHOOO!”

 

Tiffany quickly took back the flowers and handed Taeyeon a tissue.

 

“Sorry… AH-CHOOOO!!!!” Taeyeon tried to speak between sneezing. “I am aller… AH-CHOOO!!! Allergic to… AH-CHOOO!!! Pollens….”

 

“I am so sorry! I didn’t know…” Tiffany apologized sadly.

 

In the end, Tiffany had to give away the flowers to a nearby couple. I felt apologetic to both girls since it was my idea after all; though I honestly had no idea this Taeyeon was allergic to pollens.

 

“I am so sorry but it’s alright. Just a small setback.” I consoled the upset girl through the ear piece.

 

Maybe that wasn't much of a great start but we have all day don't we?

 

Yeah, just a tiny setback. What’s important has yet to come. I reassured myself.

 

Just as I thought nothing will make it any worse, I was snapped out of my thoughts by a familiar voice.

 

“Taengooooo!!!!”

 

-

 

A/N:

To self: Tsk, what now, you stupid brain...

By the way, that's not Jessica at the end. o.o

Jessica: It better not be me! From the number of appearances I have been making, you should start paying me!

Tiffany: Ha, if that's the case, I should be paid first! I had to brave through HellSicas and do 12 Tiffanys! 12!!! Not to mention, 2 of me at the same time in each of the universes!

Taeyeon: YAH, what about me? I freaking died before making ANY appearances in the first chapter! Can you imagine my shock when I first saw the script?! No one even asked for my opinion!

Me: *tip toes away*

I am going nuts.