Chapter 14

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

I honestly stared at my pocket watch and contemplated on escaping to my dimension as the hammering continued.

 

How much hammering can that door hold? I wondered and froze in front of the door to drag out the last moments of my life as much as possible.

 

That confirms it. My door must have done something really bad to her in their previous life.

 

Just as I stared at the door at a total lost of what I should do, I heard a click and the door knob turned.

 

Does she have a spare key?

 

My eyes widen and the next thing I knew, I was looking at Jessica.

 

Face to face.

 

Then, nothing.

 

My soul probably left my body the moment I saw her eyes.

 

The effects of a Medusa.

 

The following was in slow motion as she walked towards me while I felt a part of me died with each step she took.

 

God, have mercy. I thought as I stayed rooted to the ground.

 

There was no point running. There was nowhere to run.

 

I closed my eyes in anticipation of the painful impact when all I felt was…

.

.

.

Her body pressing against me.

 

What the…?

 

I opened my eyes and found myself in her embrace.

 

“Why… What…” I stuttered as I was confused with the situation. I was expecting her to beat the daylight out of me or at least give me a 5 hour lecture on lying.

 

She finally broke off the lingering hug and hold up the bag she had in her hands.

 

“Dinner?” she smiled.

 

Wait, I know that smile. What was it??!!! Ugh.

 

She set up the food at the kitchen table and motioned for me to sit down.

 

I sat down stiffly and watched her every single movement.

 

Front door. Front door. Front door!!!!! My mind screamed but she hasn’t done anything. Yet.

 

Nonetheless, the fact that she didn’t do anything was suspicious by itself. My heart started pounding hard as adrenaline poured in preparation of fleeing for my life.

 

“You alright?” she asked as she took a tissue to wipe off the sweat on my forehead.

 

I immediately flinched as if her touch was burning.

 

“Erm, okay… I am fine…” I said awkwardly and took the tissue to wipe it off myself.

 

Something is really off.

 

“Here, say ah…” she took a spoonful of food and held it in front of my mouth.

 

Oh. My. God.

 

I couldn’t even smile properly as I politely tried to take over the spoon to eat on my own.

 

“Nono, I want to feed you.” She whispered seductively.

 

Hell, I will embrace you if I can get away from her.

 

My eyes widen to the extent that my eyeballs would probably fall out as I opened my mouth obediently.

 

I was still chewing the large mouthful of food when she moved closer to me and placed one hand behind me and hold me by the shoulders.

 

“So… You are in love with me?” She whispered into my ear.

 

I choked.

 

This is not happening.

 

She quickly handed me a glass of poison water which I gulped down like my life depended on it.

 

As soon as I swallowed the lump of food in my throat, she gave me a grin and leaned even closer with her chest against my arm.

 

I am NOT byuntae. I repeated in my head. Although I don’t feel anything romantic for this girl, her actions were rather… disturbing.

 

And she was not planning to stop any time soon.

 

She traced up and down my thigh with her finger and bit her lower lips as she whispered into my ear again. “So what do you really think of me?”

 

I shivered at her sensual touch and whispers. Not in the I-am-liking-this way but the Holy-crap-what-is-she-doing way.

 

She turned my face towards her and cupped my face before leaning in.

 

God, Taeyeon, Somebody! Save me!

 

Just then the cup I placed back on the table fell off and broke into pieces, probably because I placed it too close to the edge when I was distracted. That startled both of us and she pulled away from me in shock. However, she quickly regained herself and started to lean back in again.

 

Too close. Too close. Too freaking close!!!

 

I could not take her tease anymore…

 

I closed my eyes and...

.

.

.

stood up.

 

“STOP WHATEVER YOU DOING!!! I AM SORRY FOR WHAT I SAID!!!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. “PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!”

 

I am so going to kill the other Tiffany.

 

“…”

 

There was a moment of silence and I opened one eye to check the situation.

 

Jessica was leaning back against the chair, arms akimbo and wearing an amused expression.

 

O…kay.

 

In a swift motion, she stood up and placed her elbow on my shoulder.

 

“Why? Don’t you love me?” She asked in a husky voice and smirk.

 

“No!! I mean I love you but not in that way!” I quickly pulled away from her.

 

Her smirk was replaced with a cold expression within a split of a second.

 

“Then why the hell did you tell Taeyeon that?!” She growled. “What if Yuri hear of it and got the wrong idea?!”

 

Her worries were not unfounded. We were always close and I guess a simple lie could have cascade into a huge

misunderstanding if it hadn’t already, with Taeyeon that is.

 

I gulped. Hellsica is not funny.

 

“I didn’t…” I winced at her icy glare.

 

I really didn’t. It wasn’t me!!!

 

“I am sorry! I didn’t mean it…” I timidly added.

 

“Then you better fix it!” she narrowed her eyes at me.

 

“Okay…” I trailed off as she moved closer to me again.

 

“You better… or I won’t let you off so easily…” She whispered into my ear and traced my chin with her fingers.

 

I swear I am going to kill the other Tiffany with my bare hands.

 

-

 

Hair in a mess and clothes disheveled, she walked out of the room in a daze.

 

Yes, she should be thankful that I didn’t strangle her to the death with my bare hands.

 

She took a seat on the couch directly opposite of me and continued to stare into space.

 

“You, Taeyeon, Saturday, 10am, amusement park.” I said and snapped her out of her trance.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Buy her flowers, hold her hand, make her lunch, feed her, buy her a souvenir for remembrance, set up a romantic dinner, you know, all that cheesy stuff you see on TV.” I repeated what Taeyeon said to me earlier. “She suggested doing those for Jessica but we both know who you should be doing those for.”

 

“But... but what if I say something wrong again this time?”

 

“That wouldn’t happen, put on your Blue Tooth ear piece and I will help you through the day. All you need to do is follow what I say.” I said confidently. “Understand?”

 

She nodded her head meekly, probably still in shock from my you-freaking-made-me-your-scapegoat session.

 

I smiled at her obedience as I cracked my knuckles.

 

Now is Taeyeon’s turn.

 

I grinned even wider at that thought.

 

-

 

A/N:

Hint: I like dropping hints.

Thanks for commenting and liking the story! =D