4

Marriage

You got out of the shower in a towel. You had taken extra care to make sure that the bathroom door was locked securely. Knowing Junhyung, he probably would have found a way in and that was the last thing you wanted. You walked into the bedroom dripping wet and saw Junhyung waiting for his turn to go into the shower. Junhyung looked at you, speechless.

You ringed your hair in another towel and looked at him sitting on the bed. ‘Very subtle Junhyung’ you thought to yourself.

“Oi, stop ing and get into the shower” you said, secretly feeling smug knowing you had this effect on him.

“You make it sound like a bad thing” he said, grinning. You rolled your eyes and pushed him into the bathroom. Junhyung went into the shower without a fuss. ‘Wow, not so fat after all’ Junhyung thought and chuckled to himself.

You got changed into your clothes and went down to make some breakfast. You popped two pieces of bread into the toaster and buttered them. Junhyung came walking in, his hair slightly wet but it still looked good. You both sat across each other in silence and chewed on your food.

Junhyung looked at you and you returned his stare. You suddenly burst out laughing because the silence was too much to bear.

“Yah, what’s so funny?” Junhyung asked looking at you in confusion.

“Sorry, the silence was killing me!” you laughed. You smiled at him but it soon became awkward and the smile faded. The door bell rang and you mentally sighed in relief along with Junhyung.

“I’ll get it” said Junhyung, getting up from his seat. Junhyung walked to the door and opened it to two girls.

“Who is it?” you called walking up to the door. You smiled at your two friends and invited them in.

“Are you going to introduce us then?” asked Tiffany. You looked at Junhyung and then back at Tiffany and Taeyeon.

“Tiffany, Taeyeon, this is Junhyung…my fiancé…unfortunately” you said the last bit under your breath so that only Junhyung could hear.

“Junhyung, this is Tiffany and this is Taeyeon” you continued. The all said their ‘Hi’s and everything went quiet again. The door bell rang again.

“That should be Yoseob!” Junhyung said, jumping from his seat and half sprinting to the door. He left the room which only invited Tiffany and Taeyeon to say something stupid.

[Like this] “Wow, you’re so lucky to have a handsome fiancé” Tiffany said. You looked at her in disbelief.

“Hey, did you two kiss yet?” Taeyeon asked with twinkling eyes. You looked at the both of them like they were off their heads.

“First of all let’s get something straight here, this guy is like living with the devil himself and he’s not the least bit handsome!” you cried. You crossed you arms over your chest.

“Ok then…let’s go wedding shopping!” Taeyeon cried.

“Yes let’s!!” cried Tiffany. You smiled at them and went into the hallway to see Junhyung complaining to a pretty young looking guy who you thought would be Yoseob.

“I’m telling you, she is like living with the devil! She’s got this stupid rule where-” Junhyung exclaimed but before he could finish his sentence, the guy covered his mouth and pointed at me and my friends. You raised your eyebrow at Junhyung who just glared at you who was obviously still annoyed about the No Rule you enforced.

“We’re going now fathead!” you said with the hint of annoyance on your face. Junhyung gestured his hand to the door.

“After you fat !” he said. You walked pass him and pinched him on his arm on the way out.

“Ow! I’ll get you for that!” he called.

 

 

At the Bridal Shop

Tiffany and Taeyeon ran into the shop like two little kids in a sweet shop. You smiled at their childishness. You weren’t really into that kind of stuff, especially when you weren’t marrying a guy of your choice but you still tried to make the effort. Junhyung and Yoseob stood behind, unsure of what to do. You turned to face them with a very serious face.

“Ok you two, all you have to do today is pick out your tuxes…it’s pretty simple so don’t mess it up!” you said with a stern finger pointing at them.

“Jesus, fine…”Junhyung mumbled. Yoseob looked at you and smiled. You couldn’t help but smile back. ‘Well, he seems nice, unlike a certain someone’ you thought.

“Before I forget, Congratulations on the engagement” Yoseob said, smiling sweetly.

“Thank you…” you said.

“Yah, Yoseob, stop flirting with my fiancé and get over here” Junhyung called.

“There’s my cue” Yoseob said and dashed towards Junhyung and the tux section of the shop. You walked over to Tiffany and Taeyeon who had what looked like thousands of dresses piled up. You looked at the pile and then at their smiling faces.

“You want me to try on all of them?” you asked.

“Yup, here’s the first one” Tiffany said while Taeyeon shoved a dress in your hands then shoved you into a changing room. 

 

 

You came out of the changing room with the fifth dress you tired on. You walked out and knew what was going to happen. Taeyeon and Tiffany would drool over you and say how beautiful you looked for like the fifth time.

“Kyaa, Yeppeo!” cried Tiffany.

“You look so beautiful sweetie” said Taeyeon with almost tears in her eyes.

“Guys, you’ve been giving me the same response for all dresses. That’s not going to help me choose” you said.

“Just get them all” said Tiffany. You looked into the mirror and patted down the dress. The neck line was curved and the straps were embroided with what looked like millions of crystals. The top half was covered with twinkling sequins and small gems and the rest flowed out to the floor with a small train at the back.

You smiled at yourself and thought of the different hairstyles that could go with the dress. You noticed two faces in the mirror. Their eyebrows were raised and mouths slightly ajar. You turned to face them with a smug smile.

“Close your mouth Junhyung, otherwise you’ll end up catching flies in it” you said. Junhyung closed his mouth and straightened up.

‘She looks freaking hot…maybe I am a sleaze’Junhyung thought. He looked at Yoseob.

“Yoseob, stop staring at her like that” Junhyung said. Yoseob shook himself back into reality.

“You look amazing!” Yoseob cried. He gave you a large grin and you immediately smiled back.

“Thanks Yoseob” you said.

“Are you going to buy that one?” asked Junhyung, “Because you should, you know”

“Why? Do you like it?” you joked.

“…yeah, I guess…you look…good” he continued. You meekly smiled and looked down at the dress, afraid to make eye contact with him.

‘Is it hot in here or what!’you thought. It became a bit awkward.

“Thanks Junhyung” you said quickly. Tiffany and Taeyeon watched you and Junhyung. Everything else now seemed to just click into place.

“So, I guess we’re done” cried Tiffany.

“We’ll be going now…Come on Yoseob!” Taeyeon said as she pulled Yoseob out the shop. Everything happened so quick you didn’t even get to say a word. You and Junhyung watched them leave in a hurry in bewilderment.

“I guess they need to be somewhere” said Junhyung.

“Yeah…I’m going to change now” you said and turned away from him and took one last look in the mirror.

“Ok then…need any help with that?” he asked with a smirk. You glared at him through the mirror.

“Don’t even think about breaking into the changing room Junhyung!” you said sternly. Junhyung chuckled and backed away into a chair as you entered the changing room, making sure it was locked.  You came back out again in a huff. Junhyung looked at you with a confused face.

“I can’t get the zip” you whined. Junhyung chuckled again and stood up from the seat his was sitting on. He walked towards you and smugly smirked.

“If you wanted me to undress you, all you had to do was say” Junhyung said.

“Ugh, just help me will you” you said. You turned and moved your hair away from your back. Junhyung held onto the zip and slowly pulled it down; all the while he softly grazed his fingertips down your back making you shiver. You turned back around and held the dress in place.

“Thanks…” you said quietly. He smiled at you.

“You should be getting changed,” he said. You snapped back into reality and went into the changing room. He laughed quietly and got the shop assistant to help with the purchase.

 

Junhyung and you walked out of the shop after what seemed like days. You felt glad that you had bought the wedding dress today, although it made everything seem so final about the wedding.

‘Ugh Stupid Junhyung, I have to marry you, of all people!’you thought.

You noticed an ice cream shop on the other side of the road. You face lit up as you suddenly craved for ice cream.

“Junhyung, I’m getting ice cream!” you said. You were about to walk in the direction when Junhyung grabbed your hand.

“Well, I want to go home, not get ice cream!”Junhyung said.

“Then go home, I’ll go myself” you replied.

“Um, not going to work since you need to be home too…engagement party, duh!” he said. You glared at him then at his hand grabbed onto yours.

“Let go, I’m getting ice cream” you said firmly.

“We’re going home!” Junhyung said strictly.

“Ice cream”

“Home”

“Ice cream”

“Home”

You both glared at each other. You suddenly found yourself trying to pull Junhyung along with you towards the ice cream shop but Junhyung was rooted to his spot.

“Ugh, you’re so heavy” you whined, “Let me just get ice cream!”

“No” Junhyung said and with that, he grabbed you by the waist and lifted you over his shoulder.

“Junhyung! Put me down!” you cried.

“I don’t think so, and crying for help won’t work” Junhyung said. You hit his back with your fist.

“Ugh, let me down you fathead!” you cried. Junhyung slapped your which made you yelp out in surprise.

“Be quiet until we get home” he said firmly, “Otherwise I will do more that slap your fat !”

 

“You Junhyung!” you said and glumly held tightly onto him, afraid you might fall.