28

Marriage

There was an awkward silence between you all. All meaning, you Junhyung and Hara. You were sitting round the coffee table in the lounge room, wondering what to say.

You sat there fiddling with your fingers, not sure of what to say.

Junhyung was more nervous that he could ever have been. You squeezed his hand upon noticing which seemed to calm him down.

Hara cleared , obvious that she had noticed the uncomfortable atmosphere.

“Um, the baby…I just thought she should be able to have both her parents, you know” she gave you and Junhyung a small smile.

“She?” Junhyung spoke out finally, intrigued more about the baby.

Hara’s smile became a bit wider, “Yeah, I have a scan if you’d like to see it”

“Er yeah”

She pulled out a small picture of what you presumed to be the baby’s scan, and she handed it to Junhyung. You watched his face become immersed into the scan; he seemed less nervous now. You somewhat admired his maturity.

“Yeobo! Look!” he called out like a child in a sweet shop, overly excited and full of sugar. Junhyung showed you the scan. You had no idea what you were supposed to feel when you saw it but luckily Junhyung was too excited to question you. But you knew one thing for sure that you felt quite content that the baby would be a part of Junhyung.

“You can keep that one if you like” Hara informed, “I’m due for another scan anyway”.

“Right…”

You really had no idea what to say now; Junhyung was still looking at the scan and if you hadn’t of known any better, it was as if Hara was ogling at your husband. You pushed the irritation you had against her to one side, convincing yourself you had nothing to worry about.

Hara stood up, grabbing both yours and Junhyung’s attention, “I need to get going now…”

Junhyung stood up as well, “Ok then.”

It was an awkward goodbye, but she left the house to god knows where.

 

You were sitting beside Junhyung, noticing his smile as he looked at the scan, grazing a thumb over it. He looked so much more grown up now. You couldn’t help but lean in and kiss his cheek.

Junhyung looked at, slightly bewildered, “What was that for?”

“Oh nothing, I guess I’m just really proud of you” you stood up and made your way up the stairs, all the while noticing Junhyung’s happy smile and faintly red cheeks.

You jumped onto the bed, laying on your stomach and noticed Junhyung’s precious stuffed toy. You grabbed it and played around with its ears.

“Well, aren’t you just the cutest rat ever, sorry, no, Pikachu, I don’t think your owner would be too happy if he knew I called you rat”

You sighed and turned to lay on your back, with Pikachu sitting on your stomach, “Pikachu, what have I gotten myself in to? Junhyung knocked up an annoying small woman! I mean, how the hell is that going to work out…should I have married him Pikachu?”

You tapped his head making Pikachu’s electronic voice to be heard, “Pika Pika”

You sighed at his response, “You’re right, I don’t want to be not married to Junhyung…God! You’d think he’d know how to use a freaking ! Pikachu, do you want to be the father of Hara’s baby? Hmm? I’m sure she won’t mind”

“Pika Pika!”

“Hmm…I don’t blame you for disagreeing…Pikachu, do you think I love Junhyung? I mean. Tiff and Taeyeon think I do, but how do I tell if I do or not?” you sighed again, “Ugh, look at me, I’m talking to a stuffed rat! I must be crazy”

‘Crazy in love…’ A small voice in your head chimed through your ears.

“Pfft, no I’m not…babo brain!”

‘Yes you are, yes you are, yes you are!’

“Arrgh!” you calmed down little, “Well, he does have a pretty smile, and he’s cute when he blushes, not as cute as you though Pikachu!”

You heard footsteps coming up the stairs, “Pikachu, this conversation doesn’t leave this room, arra, between you and me!”

Junhyung entered the room, “You talking to someone?”

“I was on the phone a moment ago” you smiled.

“Oh…you want some pizza, I’m ordering in”

“Um yes please!”

Junhyung looked at you, then at Pikachu, “I hope you’re not terrorising my Pikachu!”

--------------------------------------------

Heart-to-heart with the mighty Pikachu!! Chu~~~

Hehe...wanna play a game?! Hehehehe

Guess which song this lyric is from, "Baby dance with me! Boom boom boom"

Its part of a rap from a song sung by an Asian group!