Of doubts, ignorance, and apologies

The Reason behind the distance

“I told you Baekhyun, it was nothing.” The tall man said as he walked. Chanyeol was feeling tired, and Baekhyun was adding more to it.

“How can that me nothing? Who was that girl Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked. He’s been bugging Chanyeol about a text message from a girl.

“She was just a friend, sheesh.” Chanyeol said, feeling a bit irritated.

“You rarely use emoticons, and you used them on her.” Baekhyun wasn’t giving up.

“Are we going to fight about this jealousy thing again?” Chanyeol sighed, feeling very weak and tired.

“Just be honest with me Park Chanyeol and I-.” Chanyeol decided to stop.

“I think we need some time off.” Chanyeol said, not looking into Baekhyun’s eyes. The latter froze.

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol sighed again.

“I mean, we should take a break from this relationship.” Baekhyun inched back.

“Are you breaking up with me?” Baekhyun asked, voice breaking.

“No, I’m just asking for a little space.” Chanyeol, noticing how hurt Baekhyun is, inched closer. But as he moved closer, Baekhyun moved back.

“Okay then.” Tears started to stream down the lead vocal’s pale cheeks. Chanyeol sighed and scratched his head.

“Aish. Uljimarayo!” Chanyeol snapped. “Why can’t you understand that I just want some space?” Chanyeol shouted. Baekhyun covered his mouth in shock.

“What’s going on here?” Suho suddenly entered with the sudden outburst.

“Are you guys fighting again?” Kris asked, acting like this always happens.

“No, we’re not.” Chanyeol huffed. “I’m just saying that me and Baekhyun need some space.”

Eyes were now on the crying Baekhyun.

“Why did you shout then? You could’ve said it in a better way.” Kris said, noticing the other crying. Chanyeol sighed and stomped his feet in irritation. Chanyeol took a deeo breath and regained his composure.

“You know what, I’m done here. If you don’t want to listen to me, fine then.” Chanyeol stormed out of the room.

“What happened Baekhyun?” Suho asked. Baekhyun just shook his head.

“I think we’re over hyung.” Baekhyun broke down on Suho’s arms.

Sehun, being the maknae, felt worried. Not only about Baekhyun, but also about Chanyeol and how things can affect their relationship.

***

The others thought that this was a usual Baekhyun-Chanyeol fight. They argue a little, and the next day, Chanyeol apologizes to his boyfriend, and everything would be back to normal.

Or so they thought.

Baekhyun has been trying to approach Chanyeol ever since they woke up, but when the latter would notice Baekhyun, he would go in another direction.

“Chanyeol” Baekhyun weakly said. Chanyeol just looked away and avoided Baekhyun.

The others were getting a bit worried now.

“Should we do something?” Chen asked Xiumin. The latter shook his head.

“I think we should wait until tomorrow.” They both sighed.

The other members decided to get involved.

***

A lot has happened in a week. EXO won various music charts, and their new album has been receiving a lot of love from fans in Korea and also in the international aspect.

Group activities were going great for them, but Baekhyun and Chanyeol still hasn’t talked since then.

Chanyeol avoided Baekhyun in every way. He won’t sit next to him, he won’t look at him, and he won’t even mention him.

The others tried their best to bring back the two together, but Chanyeol avoided every single try they did. Sehun was the one who had the most efforts in this, but all his efforts were in vain.

“I know hyung, maybe we can-.” Baekhyun cut him off.

“Sehun-ah, stop.” Baekhyun shook his head. “Thank you for trying, but it seems Chanyeol has already made up his mind.”

“But hyung.” Baekhyun shook his head.

“Let’s just stop Sehun-ah. Thanks for trying okay? It really means a lot.” Baekhyun smiled and went out of the room.

The maknae felt horrible. He wished that Baekhyun didn’t give up.

***

The next day came and EXO had a fan signing event. Thousands of fans gathered just to see them, making EXO feel happy and grateful.

Fans lined up just to have each and every member’s autograph. When a fan came to Chanyeol, he said something that he wished he never heard.

“Uhm, can you not please write Baekhyun’s name? That’s not me.” Chanyeol smiled at the fan. “Please, don’t misunderstand.” The fan felt confused but decided not to say anything anymore.

Baekhyun’s heart broke. He felt pathetic, and so low.

Was I this bad that he even said those words? Baekhyun was in the verge of tears, but because this was a happy day for them, he tried his best not to.

The same fan came to Baekhyun. He took the picture and signed it.

“Baekhyun oppa, why aren’t you and Chanyeol oppa playing or talking?” The girl asked, feeling worried. Baekhyun froze for a moment. He didn’t know what to answer. He decided to just smile and shook his head. Because the girl was making a short line, she decided to just move aside.

***

After the fan signing event, EXO decided to return to their dorm to rest.

“Do you guys want some pizza?” Kris asked.

“Pepperoni.” Lay said.

“Meat please!” Chen added.

Kris noticed how spaced out Baekhyun was.

“How about you Baekhyun?” Baekhyun wasn’t responding. “Byun Baekhyun.”

“Huh? What?” Baekhyun suddenly answered. He was so spaced out that he didn’t notice Kris.

“What pizza do you want?”

“I’m not really hungry. Excuse me.” Baekhyun stood up and rushed to his shared room.

Most of them sighed. They knew why their puppy was acting like that.

“Yah, Park Chanyeol, how long are you going to keep this up?” Suho asked, feeling worried and at the same time irritated.

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol asked in a rude tone. Suho sighed and stood up.

“Whatever Mr. Clueless.” Suho followed Baekhyun.

“What did I do?” Chanyeol rolled his eyes, making Kyungsoo and Kai chuckle. “What?”

“Nothing” Kai said, raising both of his hands.

“You know, Suho hyung has been always interested in Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo said, smirking. “Maybe now’s a good time for him to make a move.”

Chanyeol froze.

“I think so too. I mean, having a very vulnerable Baekhyun be comforted by a very handsome Suho would be epic.” Xiumin added.

Chanyeol felt nervous.

Am I really going to throw out my relationship with Baekhyun?

“Well, I guess Baekhyun is better off with Suho than Dobi here.” Chen patted Chanyeol’s back, making the others nod. The latter felt a pang in his chest.

Chanyeol rushed to where Baekhyun was. He quickly opened the door.

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol panted a bit.

“Shh!” Suho glared at Chanyeol to keep quiet because he might wake Baekhyun up. “He’s sleeping.” Suho said in a whisper. Chanyeol quietly closed the door.

Chanyeol observed the sleeping figure. Baekhyun was a mess, and this made Chanyeol feel even worse.

“So I guess you’re here to talk to him?” Suho asked, cocking an eyebrow. Chanyeol nodded. “Then I’ll leave now.”

“Hyung, do you like him?” Suho gave him a confused look.

“What? Like, like like him?” Chanyeol nodded. Suho chuckled. “I love Lay. What gave you that idea?” Chanyeol mentally slapped himself. He could imagine the other’s laughing by now.

Note to self, take revenge.

“I’ll be off then. Don’t screw this up.” Suho pointed at Chanyeol and squinted his eyes. With that, Suho left. Chanyeol carefully positioned himself to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun suddenly rested his head on Chanyeol’s chest.

“I miss Chanyeol” Baekhyun said, half asleep.

He’s dreaming. Chanyeol chuckled and wrapped his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“I love you Byun Baekhyun.” Chanyeol kissed his forehead. “I’m sorry for being stupid.”

“I love you more Park Chanyeol.” Baekhyun suddenly answered.

“You’re awake?” Baekhyun nodded.

“Your scent woke me up. I missed you.” Baekhyun burrowed his face on the other’s chest.

“Sorry for being stupid baby. I really missed you.”

“Sorry for being a jealous puppy.” Baekhyun leaned in until his lips met with Chanyeol’s. “I love you Park Dobi.”

“I love you more my cute little puppy.”

 

 

 

 

So here's the update! I wasn't really sastified with this. It didn't really come out the way I wanted it. *sighs* I'm sorry if it's a bit boring. Please leave your comments okay? :) Thank you!!! <3