27. Second Selection of Partner

My HatefulBoyfriend

Yuri immediately wiped her tears after seeing Yoona approaching her. “Yuri-ah… why? Is there something wrong?”

“No, of course not!” She purposely replied in cheerful voice.

“Then, what happened actually? You must hide something from me, right?” Yoona put her hand on Yuri’s shoulder while looking at her with concerned face.

“No… it’s just that… I purposely pick a fight with Minho… just to make him hate me… So, we won’t be close… it will be easier for both of us…”

“Then?”

“He didn’t get mad at me at all though I mocked him… Honestly, he made it harder for me. He… has changed a lot.”

“Then, why do you look so sad? You… you have started to like him?” Yoona asked with full of hope. At least, she won’t feel too guilty for liking Nickhun.

“NO! Of course not!” Yuri immediately denied. She didn’t have the courage to admit it yet. “I… I just feel slightly guilty.” She looked at Yoona and asked hesitantly, “I’m not doing the wrong thing, isn’t it?”

“Well…” Yoona paused. “Honestly, if you asked me… I don’t think you should treat him like that since he had changed because of you…”

“Then, what should I do? Actually, I’m too…” Yuri hove a frustrated sigh. “Even my brother asked me to stay away from him. Yoona-ah, what should I do?”

Yoona gave a hug to Yuri to comfort her. “It’s okay, it’s okay. For the time being, you just try to not be close to Minho.” Yuri rested her chin on Yoona’s shoulder. Honestly, she felt like crying again when thinking she had to hurt him again.

-----------

Yoona was on the way to get into her villa but someone tapped her from behind. “Oh, it startled me!” She blurted out in shock. She turned around.

“You get shocked? I’m sorry.” He grinned apologetically.

“Minho! You really shocked me.” Yoona hove a relief sigh. Seeing how he apologized made her felt sorry for him, did Yuri really need to treat him like that? “Anyways, is there something?”

“Can I talk something with you?”

“With me?” Minho gave a nod. “Al… alright.” They went to the bench under the tree and sat. “Well, what is it?”

“This is about Yuri.” Honestly, Yoona didn’t feel shocked at all since she had expected it. She gave a nod to let Minho continued. “Did I do something wrong?”

“Well… about that…”

“Why is she mad at me? What makes me confused is that we have become quite close before this morning… she suddenly is mad at me.”

“Honestly, I’m not sure too…” Yoona didn’t want to reveal the truth since Yuri had wanted her to keep it as a secret.

“Are you sure? I thought she must have told something to you since you are her best friend.”

“N… no. she didn’t tell me anything.”

“Really?” Minho looked quite disappointed. She looked slightly guilty looking at him like that. “I knew there must be something wrong. I can sense it. She acted that way must be because of something.”

“I… I think you should ask her by yourself.” She tried to lend her hand as much as she could.

--------

Yuri sat on the bench behind the villa since that morning. She just sat that silently and her expression wasn’t too good. She really frustrated because of all these problems that concerned to her heart.

“What are you doing here alone?” Nickhun asked as he took a seat beside her.

“Oh…” She immediately forced a smile. “Nothing much, I just want to ease my mind.”

“Why? Is Minho making more problems for you?”

“No, of course not.” She immediately denied.

“You know what…” Yuri looked at Nickhun. “He has changed a lot because of you. I think he has started to like you.”

“Wh… what are you talking about? It doesn’t make any sense, right?” She purposely pretended to laugh.

“I just stated my opinion. You know, I had known him since we were kids. He had many girlfriends before but he NEVER tried to change because of them. And you… magically changed him without doing anything. I can see that he really likes you.”

Yuri was just silent, didn’t have any words to reply. Honestly, right now Nickhun was making it harder for her to forget about Minho.

“Do you still hate him?” Nickhun suddenly asked.

“Huh?” Yuri looked quite shocked. “I… I’m not sure…”

“I don’t know if this is right to tell you but… actually, Minho was a kind person, he really is kind before his past made him how he is. He had a painful past and that had hurt him a lot before. He had become a weak guy but to cover it up, he didn’t let anyone to step on his head and he behaved bad to show that he is strong and didn’t need someone’s help. But, inside, his heart is fragile.”

Yuri looked shocked because of Nickhun’s explanation. Now, she felt really confused if her action that morning was right or not.

“He doesn’t have other family except his father but their relationship isn’t good. Only once in a blue moon he visited his father.”

“Do you maybe know the reason?”

“Now, his father is a retired police officer. As far as I know, since Minho was little, he already didn’t have a good relationship with his father. Since his father was a police officer, he had become a strict father and trained Minho to be a strong and disciplined person. I think that’s one of the reasons. What made his hatred on his father became strong is… his father wasn’t by her mother’s side when she hove the last breath. He was doing his job as a police officer on that time. Minho was really mad at him as the job was much more important to him than his family.”

-------------

Yuri closed the door behind her. “Yuri-ah!” Yoona came from the kitchen while bringing something in her hand. “Here.” She gave it to Yuri.

“What is it?”

“A mission. The PD just gave me.”

“A mission?” Yuri opened the envelope and read the mission. “It’s already time for second selection?” She asked as she read it.

“Yes. It feel so fast, isn’t it?”

Yuri took a seat on the sofa. “What should I do?” She leaned her head on the sofa. Yoona took a seat beside her.

“Aren’t you going to choose Nickhun now?” Yoona asked.

“What do you think?” Yuri looked into Yoona’s eyes.

“W… why are you asking me? It’s your choice, right?”

“Then, are you going to choose Minho?”

“I… I don’t know too.”

“It’s really confusing, isn’t it?” Yuri leaned her head on the sofa again.

-------------

Yoona was in her room, still thinking who she should choose. She should choose Minho to let Yuri be with Nickhun but isn’t it strange when she chose Minho? Everyone would think that she liked Minho and Minho himself would be confused too. Besides, he also liked Yuri.

“Aigoo! This is so frustrating!” She suddenly shouted. “What should I do?” She was shocked by a phone call. She got up and picked up her cell phone. “Hello?”

“Hello.”

“Who is this?”

“Yah, don’t you recognize my voice?” The caller sounded slightly disappointed.

“Who…” Yoona took a look at the caller’s name. “Ah… why?”

“Do you have to see the caller’s name before recognizing me? Yah! This is too much, you know?!”

“Oh? How did you know?” Yoona looked around to see whether Nickhun was around her.

“Are you looking for me? You won’t see me.”

“What are you talking about? Where are you?” She looked around her room.

“I’m in my room of course.” Nickhun laughed.

“Then, how do you know everything?”

“Don’t you send me telepathic message?”

“Ceh! It’s so childish!” She still looked around to check if he really didn’t be in her room. She still couldn’t understand how he could know everything.

“Are you still looking for me? I said, I’m in my room right now.”

“Wh… wh… who said I’m looking for you?!” She suddenly raised her voice.

“You can’t lie to me, Im Yoona.”

“Seriously, how did you know everything?!”

“I told you, you sent me the telepathic messages.” He laughed happily. Only a cute simple argument like this could make him happy but now, he knew the reason. He had confirmed it. He really loved her.

“Ceh! Anyways, why did you call?”

“Have you read the new mission?”

“Yes.”

“Who are you going to choose?”

“Why? Are you curious?”

“O… of course.”

“Then, do you think I’ll tell you?” She asked playfully just to get revenge for what he did to her just now.

“You must tell.”

“Do you want to know?”

“Yes.”

“Then, I’ll tell you.”

“Yes, who is it?”

“I’ll choose…” She paused which caused Nickhun became more nervous.

“Yes?”

“It’s a secret!” She blurted out in excitement. She laughed happily later.

“Yah! Im Yoona!”

“Why? Why do you badly want to know about? Does it concern to you a lot?”

“Ok, just listen here. I don’t know who are you going to choose but just please be honest when you decide to choose someone. Do you hear me? I want you to be honest… just don’t think about the people around you. You must think about yourself first, your own happiness. Please be honest, okay? Just follow what your heart says.”

“Why did you suddenly say that?” Yoona seemed quite shocked with his sudden advice.

“I just don’t want you to lie again.”

“Again? What that’s supposed to mean?”

“Remember what I said, be honest. Ok, bye.” Nickhun ended the call.

“Hello?” Yoona realized that he had ended the call. “What is this?! He just ended it like that?” She thought what he said to her just now. “What that means? He doesn’t want me to lie again? Does that mean… he knows I like him?!” She looked shocked and anxious at her own guess. “But… be honest… did he just give me a sign or something?” Her lips curled up.

-----------

Yuri’s phone rang but it was just a message. She read it. It was from Nickhun.

Nickhun : Are you doing something? Can I see you now? I want to discuss something with you.

Yuri: Yes, sure. I want to tell you something too.

Nickhun: Great! Then, I’ll see near you the pool in a few minutes.

Yuri: Ok.

Yuri got up from her bed and put on another garment as the condition was very cold at night. She went out from the villa and went to the pool. She waited for him there.

Not too long after, she saw he was running to her. “I’m sorry. Did you wait for long?”

“No, I just arrived too.” She smiled. “What do you want to tell me?”

“Well…” Nickhun seemed hesitant. “Don’t you have something to tell me too? Why don’t you go on first?”

“No, it’s okay. You can tell me first.”

“Lady first.”

“But, it’s really hard for me to say actually. Why don’t you tell me first?”

“Really? Then, I’ll tell first. Yuri-ah, actually I…” She waited for him to say with full of curiosity. “This is not right.” He shook his head. “You go first.”

Yuri smiled. “But, it’s really hard for me to say.”

They both laughed. “It’s really hard for both of us, isn’t it?” It seemed like they really wanted to tell each other what they were going to say but worried that it might hurt each other.

“Then, why don’t we say it out together?” Yuri suggested.

“You want to do that?” Yuri nodded. “Ok, that’s better. 1…2…3…”

They said in unison. “I have started to like Minho.”

“I have started to like Yoona.”

“Really?!” They both said again in unison after that. Then, they laughed in happiness and relief too since they didn’t hurt each other by telling the truth.

“That’s really great! I feel so relieved.”

“Yes, it feels like the burden had been lifted up from my shoulders.” Nickhun added while smiling happily.

“Then, we are going to be honest for tomorrow’s mission, right?” Yuri pointed to Nickhun while smiling happily.

“That’s right!” He exclaimed happily. He gave a friendly hug to Yuri. “Woah! I’m so happy for both of us!” She smiled happily in his embrace. He let her go. “Fighting!” Yuri nodded while smiling widely.

“What are you doing?!” An angry voice was shocked them. They turned their head to that voice.

“Minho…” Yuri looked quite shocked at the way Minho looked at them.

Minho suddenly took a few steps approaching them. “How dare you!” He threw a punch towards Nickhun’s face until he fell down on the floor.

“Minho! What have you done?!” Yuri looked at him angrily. She helped Nickhun to get up. “Are you okay? Oh, no! You are bleeding.” She touched his face gently.

“It’s okay. I’m fine.”

Yuri turned her head towards Minho back and stared at him anger. “What the heck you just did?!”

“I just want to protect you!”

“What?! Is that making any sense?! What Nickhun did to me?!”

“Yuri-ah, I…”

“No, enough! You are too much!”

Minho burst into anger after seeing Yuri being so defensive to Nickhun. “Yes! I’m too much! I’m just being so stupid for caring about you! Satisfied now?! Huh?!” He paused and stared at her angrily. “Yes, I almost forget for a while what you said to me this morning… I’m pathetic, right?” He took a deep breath before walking away angrily.

Yuri stayed there silently, just staring at him who was walking away. She did feel quite guilty for yelling at him. The way he acted to Nickhun was too much that made her felt angry to him but she really didn’t intend to make him feel that bad.

“Yuri-ah, you don’t have to be like that. I think he is just jealous.” Nickhun smiled.

“But, it’s too much. How can he just punch someone as he pleased?”

“Yes but I think it’s not totally his fault.”

----------

Minho was walking angrily towards the villa but he stopped when he saw Yoona who looked shocked and sad too. He approached her slowly.

“What are you doing?”

“Oh!” She looked extremely shocked with his sudden appearance. “Nothing!” She changed her expression.

Minho took a seat on the bench near the shady tree. “Come here.” He asked Yoona to sit beside him. Wondering what he wanted to do, she just did what he asked. “Does your heart feel hurt?”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“I guess you did see Nickhun and Yuri just now, right?” Yoona looked at Minho in shock. “You like Nickhun?”

“Well…” After a hesitation, she finally admitted. “Yes.”

“Right from the start, you like Nickhun… I already sensed it but why did you lie? I mean… you choose me as your partner at first, right?”

“As you can see, Yuri likes Nickhun and I don’t want to destroy her hope. She had suffered a lot since she was little and I didn’t want to take the only happiness that she wants right now.”

“You are really great friend, you know? She’s lucky to have you.”

“And, you…” Yoona looked at Minho firmly. “Don’t try to tell Yuri about my feelings.”

“I’m not sure. I’ll try.”

“Minho!”

“Ok, ok. I promise.”

“What’s about you? Are you still going to fight for her?”

“No…” Minho shook his head. “I think I’ve got enough of it. I will just look like a pathetic person. You can see how she being too defensive to Nickhun.” He leaned his head on the bench. “Then, what are you going to do about tomorrow’s selection?”

“I didn’t know why but this afternoon, Nickhun asked me to be honest. It just feels like he knows everything, I mean… my feelings. Well, I guess I just hoped too much.”

“If he wants you to be honest, let’s just be honest. We should be honest with tomorrow’s selection and end it nicely.”

“Ok, let’s do that.” Yoona looked at Minho while smiling. “You have changed a lot.”

“Well…” He chuckled. “She is the one who changed me.”

Yoona took a look at her watch. “It’s already late. I think we should go home now.”

“You go first. I want to stay here for a moment.”

“Ok, then… I’ll be leaving now.”

“Ok.” Yoona walked away and left Minho alone there.

----------

It was still early in the morning but Nickhun was already in front of Yoonyul’s villa. He knocked the door of the villa. He looked quite worried about something. Yuri opened the door. “Oh, Nickhun. Why are you here?”

Nickhun smiled and he saw Yoona behind Yuri. He gave a wide smile to Yoona. “Hi, girls! Are you guys preparing?”

“Yes, we are but… is there something wrong?”

“Do you guys maybe know where Minho is right now?”

“Why? He’s not at home?” Yuri asked in worry.

“Yes, he’s not…” Nickhun saw Minho who was walking to their villa. “Oh! There he is! Sorry for disturbing!” Nickhun immediately ran to his villa to catch up Minho.

“Does that mean he spent the night outside?” Yoona talked to herself.

“What?! He stayed outside all night?!” Yuri asked in shock.

“Yes? I… I think so. W… why?”

“But… how did you know?”

“I… I… I coincidentally met him last night. We talked a little and he said he wanted to stay there for a moment but I never thought he would sleep there.”

“What are you guys talking about?” Yuri seemed quite jealous.

“Are you curious?”

“I… I’m just asking. It’s okay.” She immediately changed her expression, didn’t want to show her jealousy obviously. Is that how Minho felt when he saw her with Nickhun last night? She started to understand about it.

-----------

“Are you okay? You don’t look good.” Nickhun asked Minho whose face looked pale and weak.

“No, I’m okay.”

Nickhun didn’t believe what Minho said as it was too obvious he was lying. He touched Minho’s forehead. “Oh, it’s so hot! You have a fever again. Why do you stay outside last night?”

“It’s okay. It’s just a bit.”

“I think you should rest. I will tell the PD, ok?”

“No, I’m really fine. I’ll be alright soon.”

“Are you sure?"

“Yes, I want to take a bath now.” He went into his room.

-----------

“Welcome to the another episode of Date with 2SG!. As everyone can see, today our show is live!” A full shot of the venue of the show was shown. “Do you guys know what is so special about today’s episode?”

“It has been so quick that we are already in the middle of the show. Today is for the second selection of the couple!”

“MC Shinyoung-sshi, we haven’t introduced ourselves formally yet!” MC Hyeryun said.

“Ah, yes! We are really sorry. It’s because we are too excited to see 2SG again today!” She laughed.

“Hello, I’m MC Jo Hyeryun!” MC Hyeryun bowed her body.

MC Shinyoung introduced herself after that, “Hello, I’m MC Kim Shinyoung!”

“You look much thinner more.” MC Hyeryun praised MC Shinyoung.

“Really? Hahaha… I should be thin… I’m getting old, I need to get married soon.” MC Shinyoung replied while laughing.

“You know what, you look much cuter before you lost your weight.”

“What?! I should gain weight back!” They both laughed.

“I’m sure everyone is wondering why there is a second selection for today, right?”

“Before we explain everything, we should call 2SG with Yuri and Yoona here first.”

“Please come out!”

Firstly, Nickhun came out and walked towards the MCs and following by Yoona after that. Yuri came out after that and Minho followed her behind.

“As expected, Minho and Nickhun look so much good-looking today!” MC Shinyoung exclaimed in excitement.

“Then, do you think their handsomeness will be gone?”

“No, I’m just saying it! Right, Nickhun?” MC Shinyoung leaned on Nickhun. Nickhun just gave a smile.

“You always took the advantage!” MC Hyeryun hit gently MC Shinyoung’s arm. Then, she looked at Minho who doesn’t look good. “Minho, are you okay? Your face looks so pale and weak.”

“Yes, I’m having a fever.” Then, Minho started to cough.

“Are you really okay? Can you continue being in this show?” MC Shinyoung asked in worry.

“Your condition is quite bad.” MC Hyeryun added.

“No, it’s okay. I can bear it.” Minho took a deep breath to make himself felt better.

Yuri just stared at him in worry and feeling guilty. She’s sure he got fever once again because of her again.

“Honestly, to make this show more interesting, there is a different plan of the couple. Minho had chose someone from the fans that like Nickhun, isn’t it?” MC Shinyoung looked at Yuri.

“Y… yes…” Yuri was quite shocked answering the question as her minds was on Minho.

“That’s why you look so shocked when you got chosen.” MC Hyeryun said to Yuri. “And, Yoona? You looked less shocked than Yuri.”

“Since Yuri got chosen first, I think Nickhun would choose someone from the fans that likes Minho including me.”

“But, I think both of you won’t feel sad for not getting chosen by the person that you want right since Minho and Nickhun are too good, right?”

“Don’t you feel regretted?”

Yuri took a look at Minho while answering confidently, “No, I don’t feel regretted.” Yuri could see Minho was giving her an angry stare. Honestly, she looked quite shocked. Is he still mad at her?

“That’s so good! Then, what’s about Yoona?”

“I…”

Nickhun interrupted while wrapping his arm around Yoona’s shoulder. “You won’t feel regretted being with me, right?”

“Oh… I…well… I…” Yoona looked very shocked with Nickhun’s sudden affection in the show which caused her to be speechless.

“Wow, you guys are so sweet to each other! Can we expect the same couple from Yoona and Nickhun? Anyways, let’s find it out soon.”

“You can guys can take your seat there.” MC Shinyoung pointed to the long table which had 4 chairs.

“Let’s go!” Nickhun pushed Yoona by her shoulders gently. They walked to the table with Nickhun put his hand on her shoulders and he walked behind her.

“Why do you look so happy?” Yoona asked Nickhun who was behind her.

“Yes, of course I am. It’s a nice day. Won’t you be happy too?” He grinned to her.

“Ceh! You are so embarrassing, you know?” She poked his stomach playfully.

“What?!” He touched his stomach where she poked. “Anyways, remember what I said. Be honest!”

Yuri and Minho just walked to the table in a cold atmosphere. Minho didn’t take a look at her at all thought Yuri was sure he was aware that she had been observing him from the start.

“Before we started, let’s us explain the condition for the second selection of partner.”

“This time, the couple formed needs the approval from both parties. For example, Yuri and Minho choose each other. Therefore, this couple will be formed again.”

“This show will only be continued if at least one couple formed. If there’s no couple formed, this episode is going to be the last episode for the show.”

“Another example, if both Minho and Nickhun choose Yuri, then if Yuri choose Nickhun, Yoona and Minho would automatically be out from the show and it doesn’t matter whether Yoona choose Nickhun or Minho since in this situation, only a couple which gets the approval from both parties is formed.”

“I think everyone has understood about this.”

“We should start now.”

“You guys should take one of these.” MC Shinyoung gave a piece of paper which contained their name to Minho, Nickhun, Yoona and Yuri.

“Now, by using the pen on the table, please write the person that you want to be coupled with.”

Yuri, Yoona, Minho and Nickhun started to write something on the paper.

“But, you must never write the person who has the same gender to you.” Both of the MCs laughed.

They stopped writing and handed the paper to the MCs.

“Now, in my hand are the decisions of them.”

“I can’t wait to see their decisions!”

“Let’s look at Nickhun’s first.” The MC unfolded the paper of Nickhun’s. “It’s…” The camera was focus on Yoona and Yuri. “Im Yoona! Congratulations!”

Yoona almost fell from her seat after hearing her name got announced by the MC. “W… what? It’s really me?” She asked in disbelief.
“Yes, Im Yoona. Congratulations!”

Yoona took a look at Yuri and Yuri just gave a wide smile to her. Yoona found it was quite strange since it wasn’t supposed that Yuri would be chosen? And, Yuri also didn’t look sad at all for not getting chosen? Then, she looked at Nickhun. He gave a wink to her. She looked so confused of what was going on.

“Then, let’s take a look on Yoona’s choice. I really hope this couple will be formed again.” The MC unfolded the paper nervously. “Yes! Exactly what we thought! Nickhun and Yoona will be couple again! Congratulation to both of you!”

“Let’s come here, both of you.” MC asked them.

Yoona was still in disbelief and she just sat there. Nickhun came to her and grabbed her hand. “Let’s go.” She just could let him pulled her.

“So, how do you feel?” MC Shinyoung asked Nickhun first.

“Of course, I did feel happy because the person who I choose, choose me back.” He looked at Yoona and said to her gently. “Thank you.”

That caused a loud cheer from the MCs. “You guys are really a sweet couple!”

“And, Yoona… you still looked shocked.”

“Y… yes… I really not expected this…” She gave a wide smile.

“Aigoo…” Nickhun patted her head like a little kid. “She is really cute, right?” He pinched her cheek and it was quite strong.

“Ah! It hurts!” Yoona suddenly burst into mad. She gave a fierce glare to Nickhun.

“I just did that because you still looked in disbelief. I just want to let you know this is real.”

“When did I say I don’t believe it?!” Yoona scolded him while hitting his arm angrily.

“Yoona! It hurts!” Nickhun rubbed his arm while laughing. It seemed he was too happy to be able to argue with her like that.

“You guys are really compatible for each other! I bet there are many fans are jealous of them!”

“Now, let’s move on Yuri’s and Minho’s decisions. Let’s see on Minho’s first.” The MC unfolded the paper. “Oh! He chose Yuri! This is really great!”

Yuri took a look at Minho but he still ignored her. However, her lips curled up as she was thankful that he didn’t change his decision because of his anger. She was relieved now she would be coupled with Minho again.

“Ok, now… the last decision… before I announce it, let me explain first. If Yuri chose Nickhun, this means it will be the end to both Minho and Yuri in this show.” The MC unfolded the paper. “Great! Minho and Yuri will be coupled again! Congratulations! Yuri had chosen Minho again as her partner.”

Minho seemed quite shocked at first but then he thought that she might choose him because of sympathy. He knew that she liked Nickhun and this meant nothing. They both got up and walked to the MCs.

“Congratulations! So, this means everyone stick to their own partner.”

“How do you feel? I think in the show, you guys really liked to argue a lot. Honestly, I never this couple will be formed again. Yuri, can you answer about this?”

“Yes, at first… we did argue a lot but… honestly, that arguments had brought us become closer… and I think those arguments are really fun for me too. Now, he treats me better.”

“You treat her better? That’s really great, Minho! Have you started to like her?” the MC asked directly. However, Minho didn’t react to the question like how everyone expected. He was just silent. “Minho? What’s wrong? You don’t look happy.”

He forced a smile. “No, of course I’m happy. I just feel quite weak.”

“Oh, ok. We forget about your fever. I think we should end today’s episode.”

“Minho’s condition has become worse. He looks weaker than before.”

The MCs concluded the episode, “Ok, now... there is no change in our couples. It seemed like they are comfortable with each other now. Besides, I think the audiences have gotten used to these couples, right? These couples are so suitable to each other.”

“Let’s meet again in upcoming episode! See you! Date with 2SG!” The MCs ended the show.

The staff started packing the things. The MCs talked and congratulations to Minyul and Khuna couple again before leaving.

Yoona approached Nickhun. “Let’s talk for a moment.” She pulled him out from the hall, leaving Minho and Yuri alone there.

Seeing there was no one around them, Yuri approached Minho. “Are you okay? Does your fever become worse?” She touched his forehead. “It’s really hot! Have you eaten the medicine?”

“No, I’m fine.” He put away Yuri’s hand from his forehead harshly and tried to walk away.

“Wait!” She grabbed his arm. “I want to talk something with you.”

“I have nothing to say to you.” He replied coldly.

“But I have!” She firmly replied. She stared at his face though he didn’t see her even for a moment. “Why? Are you mad at me?”

“No. Why should I get mad at you?”

“Then, look at me.” Minho pretended like he didn’t listen to what she asked him to do. “I said, look at me!” This time, she cupped his face and turned it to face her. He looked quite shocked but he still gave her an icy stare. “I know you are mad at me. It is because of last night? Ok, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” She said apologetically while looking into his eyes.

“No! That’s not important!” He put away her hands from his face harshly. “Don’t you want this?! Since last morning, you have been avoiding me and didn’t want even to be close to me, right?! So, why are you doing this now?!”

“Minho, yes, I know it’s my mistake but I’m really sorry.”

“And, I know you chose me again because of sympathy, isn’t it?”

“No, of course not! I really wanted to choose you.”

He hove a deep sigh. “I’m really tired now.” He tried to walk away but got grabbed by Yuri again. “Please, I don’t have energy to fight with you. Please, let me go!” He flung her hand off and walked away angrily.

Yuri stared at him who was walking away and finally, her tears fell to her cheeks. She guessed all of this happened because of her own mistakes. She deserved this.

-----------

“Please explain everything to me!”

“About what?” Nickhun looked at Yoona while smiling. He was playing around.

“Yah! Don’t play around! I’m serious!”

“I’m serious too!”

“Alright!” Yoona decided to just go straight to the point. “Why did you choose me again?!” Nickhun just stared at her while smiling. “Don’t tell me… you are still confused of me and Yuri. You still chose me because I look like Yuri?!” Nickhun just smiled. “Yah! Answer me!”

“No, this is nothing to do with Yuri.”

“Then?”

“I’ll tell you tonight.”

“What?! Yah! Nickhun! Don’t play around with me!”

“I’m hungry. I want to eat at home. So, let meet tonight ok? In front of the fountain.”

“Why are you doing this? Don’t tell me you are going to disappoint me again.”

“No, of course not!” He stared at her face closely.

“W… why?”

Suddenly, he gave her a kiss on her cheek. “This is for giving your energy to wait until tonight. Bye!” He ran to his villa. He purposely waited until tonight to confess to her to create more romantic atmosphere.

She smiled. “Why is he acting like this?” She complained in happiness.

------------

It was already dark, as promise Yoona waited for Nickhun near the fountain, in front of their villas. She kept wandering around as she couldn’t stop being worried what he was going to tell her.

“Why is he so late?!” She stopped walking and stomped her legs. “Aish! Making me so nervous!” She touched her chest as her heart was pounding.

“Woah!” He patted her shoulders to surprise her.

“Argh!” She was so shocked until she lost her balance and fell into the fountain.

“Oh, Yoona! I’m sorry!” He immediately walked closer to the fountain to check her condition. “Are you okay?”

Yoona got up and she was drenched. “Yah! How many times you are going to do this to me?!” She shouted at him, standing in the fountain.  She still remembered the last time he shocked her until she fell into the pool. “And, now, in the fountain?!”

“I’m really sorry~” He said cutely. “Here…” He reached to her.

“Geez!” She gave a glare to him before taking his hand. Instead of letting him pulled her out from the fountain, she pulled him into the fountain.

He fell beside her, in the fountain. He got up and he was drenched too. He stared at her while making a cute angry face.

“Serve you right!” She stuck her tongue at him. He bit his lips and splashed the water towards her. “Yah! Nickhun, stop it!” She gave him a warning but he ignored it. She splashed the water towards him. They kept splashing the water towards each other. Suddenly, Yoona fell down.

“Are you okay?” Nickhun immediately walked to her and because it was so slippery, he also fell down and he almost fell on her but he supported his body by pressing his hand on the floor.

The distance between their faces was only a few inches. They looked into each other’s eyes and their heart started pounding. Nickhun slowly drew his face to hers and placed his lips on hers, gave her a sweet kiss. She closed her eyes and replied his kiss. However, she realized what was going and immediately pulled him gently.

She immediately got up and went out from the fountain and followed by Nickhun. She looked at him. “I… I’m not Yuri.”

“Yes, of course I know. I know exactly who are you, Im Yoona.”

“Then, why are you doing this? This is not right.”

“What is not right?” He stared at her closely and cupped her face. “You want to know the answer of your question this afternoon? I choose you not because you look like Yuri but it’s because I like you.”

“Don’t joke around.” She put his hands away from her face.

“No, listen here! Look into my eyes.” He held her shoulders and lifted her chin up to make her looked into his eyes. “I do love you, Im Yoona. Not Yuri or anyone else but it’s you, Im… Yoon… Ah…”

“Are you telling the truth?”

“Yes, I admit that at first, I liked Yuri but as time went by, I became more confused and it took quite long before I’m sure you own my heart.” He pulled her into his embrace. “And, I know all this time, you have been liking me. I’m sorry for making you waited.”

“No, this is wrong.” Yoona pulled off the hug. “I don’t think this will work. I’m sorry.” Yoona walked away.

“Yoona, wait! Listen to me! Yoona!” Nickhun called for her but she just ignored it and ran into her villa.

He didn’t want to give up. Honestly, he had expected this situation since she had been hiding her feelings for Yuri’s sake. He ran into her villa and caught her up.

“Wait, listen to me!” He grabbed a hold on her hand. He held her shoulders and faced her. “Why are you avoiding me?”

“What do you mean? I’m not avoiding anything.”

Coincidentally, Yuri went out from her room and heard the conversation between Yoona and Nickhun. She stayed there listening to it.

“Then, why don’t you respond to it?! I said I love you!”

“I’m really sorry but I don’t have feelings for you.” She tried to get out from that situation as fast as she could because she knew the longer she stayed there, it would just weaken her.

“No! We are not done yet!” Nickhun pulled Yoona towards him again.

“What is there to talk about?”

“Don’t lie to me about your real feelings!”

“No, I’m not lying! I don’t have feelings for you!”

“NO! I don’t believe it!” He yelled in frustration. “No, listen here. Look into my eyes and say in one more time!”

“I don’t have any feelings for you.” She uttered once again but she bowed her head, avoiding the eye-contact. Her tears started to form in her eyes.

He lifted her chin up. “Say it one more time.”

She finally looked into his eyes. “I… I don’t… I don’t have…” She took a deep breath. “Please let me go.” She tried to avoid it.

Nickhun held onto her arm tightly. “I won’t let you go unless you admit it.”

“Alright! I love you! I really love you! Right from the start, you own my heart! Satisfied now?!” She broke into tears.

He smiled as he hove a relief sigh. He pulled her into his embrace. “Sshh… I don’t want you to cry…” He her hair. “Isn’t it better to reveal the truth?”

“But…” She pulled off the hug. “This is still not right. We shouldn’t do this.”

“Why? Is that wrong for us to love each other?” He wiped her tears with his thumb.

“Yes, Yuri loves you. I don’t want to ruin our friendship because of that.”

“No, no…” He shook his head and cupped her face. “You should listen to your heart, you must think of your happiness first.”

“No, I can’t do that. To Yuri… I can’t do that. Since she was kid, she had suffered a lot and I don’t want to see her suffered again. Please don’t force me. Let just stay as friends.” She put off his hands from her face and walked away.

Nickhun approached and wrapped his arms around her thin waist, giving her a back hug. “Yoona, please…” He rested his chin on her shoulder and finally his tears fell to her shoulder. Her tears too couldn’t stop falling. “I have been waiting for this. I want to be with you.”

“Nickhun, no… please don’t do this… if you keep acting like this, then me too will… I’m sorry, my friendship with Yuri is too precious for me.” She escaped from his back hug and walked away.

Nickhun just stayed there silently. He still couldn’t believe it. He saw someone was standing in front of him which caused him to lift his head up. “Yuri-ah…” Yuri was looking at him and her eyes looked teary. She was crying too. “Have you heard everything?”

“Yes…” She nodded. “Yoona… I never thought that she… how can I don’t realize about her real feelings? She is just too… precious for me.”

“You are really lucky to have her.”

“And, you idiot! Why don’t you tell her that I have started to like Minho?” Yuri placed her fists on her waist.

“Oh, yes! I totally forgot about it.” Nickhun smiled. “But, don’t worry. I won’t just let her go like that. And, what about you? Have you solved your problem with Minho?”

“No, he is still mad at me.”

“You know what, he locked himself in his room and insisted on not taking any medicine even I have asked him for many times.”

“What?!” Yuri looked very worried. “Then, can I stay there to persuade him? And, you can stay here too.”

“Ok.” Nickhun smiled.

“Don’t ever think to do something with Yoona, ok?” Yuri gave a warning stare.

“Yes~ of course I won’t. What kind of guy do you think of me?”

Yuri laughed. “I want to see Yoona for a while.”

----------

Yoona just came out from the washroom. She sat on the bed while drying her hair with a towel. She hove a sigh as she remembered the incident with Nickhun just now.

Yuri opened the door and she came closer to Yoona. “I want to ask you something.” She took a seat on the bed, beside her.

“Y… yes…” Yoona seemed quite anxious. She didn’t feel good about Yuri’s question.

“Yoona-ah… how can you do that to me?”

“A… about what?”

“I thought we are friends!”

She sensed that Yuri already knew the truth. “Y… Yuri-ah, I’m really sorry… I really didn’t mean to like Nickhun… please forgive me… I won’t take him from you…” She held Yuri’s hands while apologizing sincerely.

Yuri couldn’t hold her tears as she saw how Yoona was too kind. “Yah! Why did you make me look so bad?!”

“No, that’s not what I meant…”

“Right from the start, you lied to me. You like Nickhun!”

“I didn’t want…”

“Silly!” She hugged Yoona. “I’m sorry… I’m really sorry for not trying to understand your feelings. How can you sacrifice your feelings just for me?”

Yoona also started crying. “You are my friend. I don’t want to see you suffer again.”

“Do you think I can be happy when knowing my friend is sad?”

“Yuri- ah, I…”

Yuri pulled off the hug. “No, I don’t want you to reject Nickhun again, okay?”

“But you…”

“I like Minho now.”

“What?!”

“Yes, I had lied to you and to myself too. But, no matter how I lied, my heart won’t just listen to me. I really have fallen in love with him. Now, don’t find any excuse to reject Nickhun, okay?”

“Yuri-ah…” Yoona seemed touched. She hugged Yuri. “Thank you… thank you very much…”

“No, don’t thank me. Instead, I have to apologize to you. I’m really sorry for being so stupid not noticing your feelings. Thank you, Im Yoona… for being such a great friend to me. I’m really thankful for having you.”

-----------

“Minho! Minho!” Yuri knocked the locked door of Minho’s room. “Minho! Please open the door!” However, there was no response from Minho. “Minho!” She kept knocking.

“What do you want?!” Finally, Minho replied and he sounded still angry.

“Please open the door.” There was no response from Minho again. “Minho! I said, open the door!”

“Just tell what you want!”

“I want to see your face! Please open the door! Minho!” She kept knocking it. “Minho, if you still don’t open it, I’ll break this door. I learnt taekwondo, you know!” He didn’t reply anything. “1…” Yuri took a few steps backwards. “2…” She was ready to break the door. “3!” She ran to the door as fast as she could.

However, before she managed to touch the door, Minho opened the door. “Yah! You are so noisy!” He scolded her.

“Oh!” She was shocked when he suddenly opened the door. She couldn’t control her speed and bumped into Minho instead.

“Ouch!” They both fell on the floor. Minho seemed especially feeling hurt as his body was weak. He lied down on the floor while bearing the pain. Yuri immediately got up. “Minho, are you okay? I’m really sorry.” She helped him to get up.

“No, I’m fine.” He put away her hands from his arm and walked by himself to his bed before lying down.

She came closer to the bed. She touched his forehead. “Your body is still hot.”

“Seriously, what do you want?!” He asked her harshly.

“Nickhun said you insisted on not taking any medicine. I bring the medicine for you. Please eat it now.”

“I don’t want, I’ll get better soon.”

She sat at the side of his bed. “Minho, why are you so stubborn? Are you still mad at me? But, you shouldn’t suffer yourself because of me.”

“I just don’t want to eat, don’t you understand?”

“Minho, please…”

Minho suddenly got up as he had lost his temper. “Yuri! Please, I’m begging you! Leave me alone!”

“Minho…”

“No! This is really too much! You kept avoiding me before and you purposely wanted us to not have a good relationship! Isn’t it that you want?! And, now why are you acting like this? Being so kind to me… if you pitied me, please don’t! I don’t need your sympathy!”

Yes, I know it was my mistake before! But, now, I’m really sorry!” Yuri finally broke into tears. “I also hated how I acted! How I felt for you, I really hated it! You treated me badly before and it wasn’t something that I can easily forgive! I was really confused! No matter how hard I tried to make myself to hate you, it won’t work because my heart keeps calling for you, keeps missing you! You had already owned my heart! I also don’t like acting like this… being so stupid for loving a hateful person like you…” She cried even harder.

“I… I’m really sorry…” Minho looked quite shocked as he didn’t expect of her confession. He pulled her into his embrace. “I’m really sorry. I promise I won’t hurt you again.” He her hair. “I’m sorry for being a bad person to you. I know you can’t forgive me easily but I will redeem my mistakes. I promise…”

Yuri wrapped her arms around his back.

“I promise… from now on, I’ll treat you better… I’ll listen to you… I promise…” He kissed the crown of her head, meaning that he will keep his promise.

Yuri pulled off the hug. “Then, you have to do something for me now.”

“Yes, what is it?” He wiped her tears gently with his thumbs.

“Please eat the medicine.”

“Yes, of course I will.” He smiled widely for her first wish to him.

----------

It was already morning. Yuri finally was awake on Minho’s bed… of course! Minho slept in the living room last night. It was such a lovely morning for her. She never felt this good. She immediately got up, felt so eager to greet her official boyfriend now. She giggled as she ran to the living room.

“Oh, Minho?” She looked around the living room but he was not there. Then, she heard a sound coming from the kitchen. She went to the kitchen. “Minho, what are you doing?”

“I’m making ramen.” Somehow, his voice sounded cold. He put the boiling water into a cup of ramen.

“Why are you eating that? You should eat something nutritious. Let me cook the porridge for you.”

“No, it’s okay. I want to eat this.” He still replied coldly without taking any glance to her. He went to the table and sat on the chair.
Yuri sensed something was wrong but she still tried to ignore it. “How is your fever?” She went to him and touched his forehead. “You are better now.” She smiled as his body wasn’t too hot like last night. He didn’t give respond to her at all and he just stirred his ramen. “Do you maybe… are angry at me or something?”

“No, of course not. Why?”

“Then, don’t you remember anything about last night?”

“About what? Is there anything happened last night? I couldn’t remember.”

“Yah! Choi Minho! Are you kidding me?!”

“No, my body was weak last night and I…”

“Minho, please! Don’t joke around with me. You must remember! It’s impossible you can forget such important thing!”

“Yuri, I really forget…”

Yuri shut his mouth by giving a kiss on his lips. Because of the shock of Yuri’s bold action, he dropped the cup of ramen on his lap. “Now, can you remember it?!” She asked angrily.

He nodded vigorously while bearing the hotness of the ramen on his lap.

“Why?” She was dumbfounded with his expression.

“Argh! It’s hot! It’s hot!” He finally found back his voice.

“What happened?!” Yuri looked at his lap in shock. “Are you okay?”

“This is because of you! I was just playing around but you took it seriously!”

“What?! You’re playing around?! You are really…” She got up and walked away.

“Yuri-ah! Wait! Help me! It really hurts!”

“Aish!” She turned back and helped him to clear the ramen. “Serve you right! How could you joke around over important thing like this?!”

“I’m just too happy. I want to play around with you.” He smiled widely.

“Ceh! You are really like a little kid! Is this suitable thing for joking?!”

“But… I never thought you would do that.”

She looked at him. “What do you mean?”

He pouted his lips cutely, giving a sign to her that he was talking about the kiss. “Do you really love me that much? I think this joke is the right thing to do.” He grinned.

“YAH!” Yuri shouted at him while hitting his lap which felt hurt because of the hotness of the ramen before.

“Ouch! It hurts!” He exclaimed his pain but he still looked at her while smiling happily.