3. From Dream Guy to Hateful Guy

My HatefulBoyfriend

“Where are you taking me to?!” Yuri asked in an anxious voice while leaning her body to the side to make sure Minho could hear her voice. The sound from the vehicles really made the condition became noisy.

Instead of answering Yuri’s question, out of sudden, he increased the speed of his motorbike. Because of the sudden acceleration, Yuri almost fell from his motorbike and she shouted, “ARGH!!!” Then, she ended up hugging Minho from behind to stabilized her position.

Minho bowed his head and he saw Yuri’s hands were wrapping his waist tightly. “YAH!!!” he yelled for what she was doing.

“If you want me not to hug you, can you…” Then, Minho was riding his motorbike faster while turning to the left in a blink of an eye to avoid a car. “SLOW DOWN YOUR MOTORBIKE?!!! ARGGHH!!” Yuri shouted as loud as she could. Her scream was very loud like there were speakers at both of his ears. Yuri was breathing hardly as she felt really nervous and afraid with the way Minho was riding his motorbike. She felt she was having a ride in a roller coaster, NO!!! It was MUCH worse! As riding a roller coaster, there was a certain place that you could relax for a while and took your breath but when getting on the lift with Minho on his motorbike, she couldn’t feel safe and relax even for a second. His motorbike was very fast and he never decreased its speed and kept turning left and right to avoid any cars. She thought they would die in any moment now. Its speed had reached 200 km/h. Sometimes, she would close her eyes when she felt like her heart was going to burst with the speed of the motorbike but sometimes, she would open her eyes to confirm if she was still alive.

“Aish!!! You are so noisy!!!” Minho got mad at her for her loud scream. “You know, I would be deaf because of you!!!” he added.

“That’s good for you if you become deaf!!!” Yuri shouted once again but not as loud as before. Nevertheless, it was too much loud for Minho as Yuri purposely shouted near at his ear.

“Aishhh~” he hissed while bowing his head. He sighed while biting his lower lips. “YAH! Do you want to die?!” he lifted his right arm up like he was going to hit Yuri.

Out of a sudden, they heard a siren and as time went by, the siren was getting louder and louder. Minho and Yuri looked around looking for the direction of the siren and it sounded like came from behind of them. Minho looked at the side-mirror and his eyes went bigger. Yuri turned her head towards the back and she saw a police car. So they found out the siren came from a police car that was chasing them.

“Yah, yah, yah! They are chasing us!!!” Yuri informed Minho anxiously while tapping his arm for a few times and she kept turning her head to the back.

“Yes! I know, I know!!!” Minho replied angrily.

“Oh, I’m also not wearing the helmet!” she whined.

The policemen required Minho to stop his motorbike. He knew he couldn’t be caught red-handed. Otherwise, he would be in a big trouble if this thing was spread widely and he also needed to explain about the unknown girl that he took away with him. So, instead obeying to the policemen’s requirement, he rode his motorbike faster to avoid being caught. And, here came again, Yuri’s scream, “ARGHH!!!” She closed her eyes while hugging Minho tightly. 

Minho just ignored Yuri as he was focusing on riding his motorbike. Sometimes, he would take a look at the police car to see how far the distance between them. “I must think a trick to escape from them,” he mumbled while looking at the condition on the road to find a suitable time to make his trick. As he thought the condition on the road was suitable, out of a sudden, he turned his motorbike to the left and went to the opposite way.

“YAH!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!” Yuri scolded Minho for taking a really dangerous action. Now, they were on the opposite way which there many vehicles were directing towards them. Yuri’s eyes went bigger when she spotted there was a car directing straight to them. As time went by, Minho’s motorbike and that car’s distance was becoming shorter, shorter and shorter and there was no sign from Minho that he wanted to avoid that car. Yuri immediately closed her eyes and kept repeating that sentence, “We’re going to die… we’re going to die…”

In the nick of the time, Minho suddenly went to the left and he managed to avoid that car. After that, he immediately made a U-turn and entered the left junction which the signboard notified they were directing to Busan. Finally, they managed to escape from policemen with Minho’s trick. Yuri who was still closing her eyes and was hugging Minho’s waist tightly, kept repeating the sentence, “We’re going to die… we’re going to die…”

“YAH!!!” Minho said angrily while pulling Yuri’s hands off from his waist harshly.

With Minho’s action, Yuri felt like they were still alive and not getting into an accident. To confirm, she slowly opened her eyes hesitantly. “Oh, I’m okay, I’m okay!” she exclaimed while checking her body out. Then, she looked at the signboard. “OH?! Are we going to Busan?! Why?! Take me home!!!”

“Yah! Am I your driver?! Just need to send you every where you want to go?!!!”

“So, why did you take me with you?!!!” Yuri shouted while closing her eyes. She felt really angry and exasperate with Minho. Suddenly, when she was trying to calm down herself, her cell phone which was in her bag, rang. “It must be Yoona!” she mumbled.

“Yah! Pick up your cell phone! It’s so noisy!” Minho said angrily.

“How can I pick it up in this condition?!!!” Yuri replied.

-------------

[At Yoona’s house]

Yoona was sitting on the sofa as she was waiting for Yuri. She kept calling Yuri for the tenth time but there was still no answer from Yuri. She started to feel uneasy. “Where have she been? She asked me to stay at home and she would treat me a meal but until now, she still doesn’t show herself.” She took a look at her watch. “It has been one hour since her shift ended,” she mumbled with a worried expression on her face.

She got up from sofa and went out from the house. She decided to find Yuri at the restaurant where Yuri worked. There must be something happen to Yuri. She was not the type of person who was forgetful. On top of that, she didn’t pick her cell phone up.

-------------

[At the restaurant]

“Welcome!” a waitress greeted Yoona while bowing her body as soon as she saw her entering the restaurant. She lifted her head up and looked at Yoona. “Oh!” she stared at Yoona while examining at all parts of Yoona’s face. Yoona raised her eyebrows in astonishment while looking at the waitress. “I’m sorry but you are looked-alike with one of our workers here,” she explained. She still looked at Yoona in amazement.

Yoona smiled after knowing the reason why the waitress looked at her in amazement. “I want to ask something. Does Kwon Yuri work here? Can I meet her?”

The waitress looked very shocked after hearing Yoona’s question. “H… H… Ho...w d… did yo…you kn…know… h… her… name?” she stuttered.

“She is my friend,” Yoona replied while smiling.

“Friends?!” the waitress asked in a shocked voice. “Wow! It’s fascinating! You really look like her.” she added excitedly while starring at Yoona. “Oh, yes! She is not here. Her shift has ended. I think she left about an hour ago.”

“She left about an hour ago?!” Yoona asked while frowning. The waitress nodded as a reply. “Thank you.” She bowed her body and walked away.

The waitress was still looking at Yoona. “Wow!” she said while shaking her head. “How such two beautiful people who are looked-alike can be friends? This world is really unfair!”

Then, a waiter came to her and tapped her shoulder. “Yah! What are doing? Focus on your work!”

The waitress tapped the waiter’s hand for a few times while saying excitedly, “Hey, take a look at that girl!” She pointed at Yoona who kept wandering around while trying to call Yuri once again.

The waiter took a look at Yoona. “Oh, isn’t that Yuri?!” 

“Eh~ silly!” the waitress replied while hitting his head. “Look carefully!” she added.

The waiter took a few steps approaching Yoona and looked at her carefully. “She is not Yuri! But, she looks like Yuri!”

“She asked me about Yuri and she said she is Yuri’s friend.”

“Friends?”

----------------

Now, they were passing the beach. Truthfully, the sound of wave and the wind have calmed down a bit Yuri’s anger right now but that didn’t mean she would forget what the guy who was riding the motorbike, sitting in front of her, had done to her. The presence of beach meant that they were already in Busan but she still didn’t know where he was taking her to. And, there was no use if she asked him about it because she knew he would just ignore her.

Out of a sudden, Minho stepped on brake hardly and because of that, his motorbike was stopped immediately. Because of that, Yuri involuntarily leaned on Minho. Minho immediately got off from his motorbike without waiting for Yuri who was leaning on him, got up. Yuri fell and her forehead knocked on the side-mirror. “Ouch!” she exclaimed her pain. She immediately got up and rubbed her forehead. “Aishh!!!” she hissed while her eyes were following Minho who was walking towards some place. “Yah! Where are you going?!” she asked angrily. As expected, Minho didn’t give any reply to Yuri and he just ignored her. “He is really…!” Yuri muttered angrily while biting her lower lips. She didn’t have other choice except to follow him.

Minho went to a guest-house. Yuri still didn’t know what was that place. She looked around while guessing what was that place in her mind. There were a few wooden rooms. They looked a bit old but comfortable enough to stay there. As soon as she found out what was that place, her eyes went bigger. “Are you going to stay here?!” Yuri asked anxiously while shaking Minho’s arm.

“Just shut up!” Minho replied angrily. Then, there was an old man came out from one of the rooms. Minho took off his helmet and greeted the old man. “There is an empty room here?” Minho asked the owner of the guest-house.

Yuri looked a bit shocked when looking at Minho who was taking off the helmet. ‘Is okay for him to take off the helmet?’ she thought while looking at Minho. Then, she rolled her eyes while mouthing, “ Ceh! Why should I care?! There must not be someone recognized him here! Nickhun is much popular than him!”

“Ah, yes! Do you want to stay here?” the guest-house’s owner asked. 

“Yes, I want one room,” Minho replied.

“Ok, you can use that room.” The guest-house’s owner pointed to a room which was located in front of them.

“Thank you,” Minho replied while bowing his body. The guest-house’s owner walked away.

Yuri grabbed Minho’s arm and pulled him to a silence place. “Yah! What did you mean by one room?! How can I share the room with you?! NO!!! We don’t ever need to stay here!!! Take me home right now!!!” 

“Who said I want to share the room with you?!” Minho asked lazily while crossing his hands. He didn’t ever look at Yuri when talking to her.

“That’s very good to hear! I’ll stay at another room!!!” Yuri said and then, she walked away angrily. Suddenly, Yuri who was on the way to meet the guest-house’s owner, stopped walking as soon as she remember her money. “Oh, yes. My money has gone!” she mumbled. She sighed while biting her lower lips.

“Why? Don’t you have money?!” Minho asked. He was crossing his hand while facing the beach.

Yuri turned her body to the back, towards Minho. She glared at him and then she quickly walked to him and turned him around. “We haven’t settled our problem! My money! And, also my hand! I want you take responsibility for what you have done!”

“Yah! Did you lose your memory?!” he poked her forehead hardly with his index finger. Yuri closed her eyes while heaving a deep breath. “I have said for many times that it’s not my fault!!! Next time, if you want to cross the road, learn first!!! Understand?!” Yuri couldn’t reply any words to Minho as she was speechless with how the way Minho acted. She just stood there while crossing her hands and took a few deep breathes to calm down herself. “And, I’m too kind to share the room with you but it’s up to you if you want or not!” he added.

“Kind?!” Yuri asked in unbelievable voice while raising her eyebrows. “Ceh!” she said angrily while rolling her eyes. “You are really…”

“ENOUGH! If you don’t want, that’s much better!” Minho walked away.

“WAIT!” Yuri suddenly blurted out. Minho turned his body lazily. Yuri bowed her head while heaving a deep breath. “Ok, ok! We share room!” Finally, Yuri agreed to Minho as she didn’t have other choice.

Minho smirked. “Oh~ I never thought you gave up this easily,” he mocked at her. Yuri quickly approached Minho. She stopped in front of him and glared at him. “WHAT?!”Out of a sudden, she kicked his leg hardly. “Ouch!” Minho exclaimed his pain while holding his leg. He was standing with one leg while jumping around. Yuri immediately ran towards the beach, leaving Minho alone there. “YAH!!!” Minho called Yuri asking her not to run away but he was ignored. “This girl is really…!”

-------------

Instead of facing and kept arguing with the most hateful guy, Yuri went to the beach. At least the beach could be the best companion for her right now to calm her anger. The sound from wave really made Yuri feel so calm and balmy and also with the wind that was slapping her cheek softly. It had been a long time since her last visit to the beach. She decided to rest her mind here. She sat down on the white fine sand. She opened her arms while closing her eyes to feel the calmness. 

Suddenly, Yoona came across her mind. “Oh, Yoona!” she blurted out while opening her eyes. She immediately took her cell phone from her bag. She opened her speed dial and pressed no. 1, the most important person in her life and made a call to her.

“Yuri-ah! Where are you?!” Yoona suddenly shouted without greeting as soon as she answered the call.

“Oh, Yoona! You startled me! I’m sorry I couldn’t keep my promise. There is something came out and right now, I’m in Busan.”

“Busan?!” Yoona asked in a shocked voice. “What are you doing there?!”

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t tell you right now. I’ll tell you everything after I get home, okay?”

“Why?! Are you okay?!” Yoona asked anxiously.

“Yes, I’m okay. Don’t worry. I’ll come back tomorrow, okay? Take care!” Yuri ended the call. She put back her cell phone into her bag. She lied down on the sand. She put her hurt hand on her stomach to avoid it from touching the sand and her hand was still a bit painful. She closed her eyes while feeling the calmness came from the wind and the sound of the wave.

Not too far from Yuri, Minho was strolling to take his anger out. He spotted Yuri who was lying down on the sand and she looked like didn’t realize about the presence of Minho. “I’ll take my revenge!” Minho exclaimed while smirking. He slowly approached Yuri and when he was close enough with Yuri, he purposely kicked the sand hardly.

Yuri who was deeply into her own world, was startled when the sand hit her face. She immediately got up and wiped the sand away from her face. She spitted out her saliva for a few times to remove the sand which was in . Then, she lifted her up to look at the person who made that to her. It turned out not other person but the most hateful guy, Choi Minho. She glared at him. “You again?!!! Why did you keep bothering me?!”

“I took my revenge!”

“What?!” Yuri asked angrily. She ran to Minho and pushed him hardly by his chest. Because of that, Minho fell on the sand. Yuri just ran away, leaving Minho alone there.

“Yah!!! Don’t run away!” Minho shouted but he just got ignored by Yuri.

-------------

[In front of the guest-house]

Yuri sat on the bench which was located under a shady tree. She wanted to take a short nap. She leaned against the tree and closed her eyes. She really hoped Minho won’t appear in front of her again to bother her. She was super tired today because of Minho.

“Young girl,” suddenly, there was a voice calling for Yuri. Yuri was startled with that voice and she immediately opened her eyes. She saw there was an old woman who looking at her.

Yuri got up from her seat. “Hello, grandma!” Yuri greeted the old woman while bowing her body.

“It’s okay, please take your seat,” the old woman replied while holding Yuri’s arms. Before sitting back on the bench, Yuri helped the old woman taking the seat beside her. “I’m the mother of this guest-house’s owner,” she introduced herself to Yuri.

“Ah…” Yuri replied while nodding. “My name is Kwon Yuri. Grandma can call me Yuri.”

“You come here with your boyfriend, right?” Grandma asked Yuri while smiling.

“N… No!” Yuri stuttered as she was very shocked with Grandma’s question. “It’s impossible! How can I like the guy like him?! I’ll never fall in love with him! I hate him! I really hate him!” Yuri added in confident voice.

“Why? What’s wrong with him? Grandma thinks he is really good-looking.”

“Yes, I admit that, he is good-looking but Grandma didn’t know how bad he is. He really treats me badly!”

“Maybe he has a problem,” Grandma suggested.

“No, Grandma. I don’t think so! But, if he really has, why he has to treat me so badly? Grandma knows, because of him, my first salary was gone and look at my hand!” Yuri showed her hurt hand to Grandma. “Because of him, I almost got into an accident and luckily, I just got a scratch.”

“Why don’t you put the medicine on it?”

“Grandma, it’s okay. It’s just a small scratch,” Yuri refused.

“Yuri-ah, listen to Grandma! You’ll get infection! There is a small clinic around here,” Grandma advised Yuri.

“Ok,ok!” Yuri replied while smiling. She felt really happy right now, at least, there was someone caring about her.

------------

Yuri just came out from the clinic. Her wound was not too serious and it had been covered with a small bandage. She walked to the guest-house and entered the room. Seriously, she was really starving right now but she didn’t have enough money to buy anything. Today, she didn’t bring much money as she thought she would get her first salary. She was willing to starve than asking the money from Minho as she knew they would argue again and she was unsure if he would give the money.

She saw Minho who was already sleeping soundly and he used up all the blankets. “He’s so mean! How can I fall in love with him?! I try to think from various ways but it’s just impossible to like him!” Yuri mumbled angrily after she recalled what the Grandma said to her that evening. So, she didn’t have other choice except to sleep on the cold floor without any blankets. She lied down on the floor as far as possible from Minho. As expected, she felt extremely chilly. She hugged her knee to warm a bit her body but it was no use. She started to shiver because she was extremely cold. After a few minutes later, she still could fall asleep even the condition was very cold as she felt extremely tired at the same time.

--------------

The sun was shining brightly and as usual, the sound of the wave could be heard clearly. Yuri was still sleeping in the room. After a few seconds later, she woke up and slowly opened her heavy eyes. She felt extremely tired and weak. She slowly got up while supporting her body with holding onto the wall. She held her head as she felt really dizzy and her body felt so hot. It looked like she had got a fever. Her stomach also started to feel painful as she didn’t take a meal for 24 hours since her last meal was the yesterday’s breakfast. She looked around, looking for Minho but he was not there. She got out from the room slowly while holding her head. 

She looked around but he was still not there. She wondered where was he been. Then, she saw the owner of the guest-house. She walked to him. “Uncle, may I ask something?” the owner of the guest-house nodded. “Did uncle see the guy who came with me?”

“Just now, he paid for the room and I think after that, he walked to his motorbike while bringing along his helmet,” the owner of the guest-house answered.

“Motorbike?!” Yuri asked in a shocked voice. The owner of the guest-house nodded. “Thank you, uncle!” Yuri said before running slowly to the place where Minho parked his motorbike. She couldn’t see him and also his motorbike. ‘Did he leave me alone here?’ Yuri thought anxiously while looking around. Then, she spotted Minho who was riding his motorbike on the road. It looked like he really had left her alone. “CHOI MINHO!!!” she shouted as loud as she could but she just got ignored by Minho. Because of the scream, she felt like she had lost all her energy. She felt much weaker and her head was really dizzy. Without she realized, her tears were forming on her eyes and slowly fell on her cheeks. She wasn’t the type of person who could cry easily and she was really a courageous girl. If she cried, that meant she felt really sad. She really felt disappointed with Minho. How could he treat her badly? Minho’s action was too much for Yuri as she could cry because of him. She wondered how such a bad guy like Minho could exist in this world. She really hated him, REALLY REALLY HATE HIM!!! She bowed her head while grasping her hands. Her tears still continuously fell on her cheeks.