20. Nickhun, the Opportunist and Yoona, the Heater

My HatefulBoyfriend

Yuri finally arrived in front of her villa. She was just about to open the door. However, she was shocked by someone’s voice. “Hey.”

She immediately turned her body towards that voice. Her eyes went bigger. “Why are you here again?!” She asked in nervousness.

Instead of answering her question, Minho just smiled at her playfully. She immediately opened the door and entered the villa. She closed the door in rush which produced a ‘BAM’ sound.

“Yuri-ah! Open the door. I want to talk with you.” Minho kept knocking the door.

Yuri just stood in front of door without doing anything. She was hesitant whether to let him meet her or not. She was worried what he might do to her especially after what he did just now which caused her to be at unease. 

Minho kept knocking the door though Yuri didn’t reply anything that might show him she was still near the door. “Yuri-ah! Open the door!”

“Aish! He is too noisy! What’s wrong with him?!” She mumbled angrily before opening the door. She was still being cautious as she just opened the door briefly and she just peeped at him through the small space between the door and the wall. “What do you want?!”

“Please come out.” He motioned her to come closer to him. “How can we talk like this?”

“No! I don’t want to!” She replied firmly. “Just say what you want!”

“Ceh!” He rolled his eyes in pleasantness. He started folding his arm while staring at Yuri. “Seriously, what is on your minds? What do you think I’m going to do to you?”

“W… Wh… What d… do you mean? I’m not… not… thinking anything!” She obviously looked lying since she was stuttering.

“Kwon Yuri, you are really bad at lying.” He replied calmly while looking at her. “Seriously, what are you thinking?” He paused as he tried to guess a few things that might be on her minds. “Ah! I know!” He blurted out which caused her to stare at him nervously. “You are thinking that I was going to kiss you again?”

“W… Wh… What?!” She asked in disbelief while widening her eyes. She was caught for thinking like that. “Yah! Don’t talk rubbish!” she still tried to deny it.

“I thought everything is clear about this matter. Listen here, who is the one that started the kiss? Like I said before, you turned your head and our lips met, right? So, it’s you! And, about returning your first kiss… I just tried to return to you like you asked me… in a nutshell; I won’t kiss you unless you ask for it.”

“Yah! When did I ask for your kiss?!” Yuri burst into anger and that caused her to open the door widely. 

Minho just chuckled and he looked at her while raising his eyebrows. “Just thinking wisely what I have explained to you just now.”

“Just forget about it!” She immediately changed their topic since she did admit that he was completely right. “Anyways, what brings you here?”

“Come here.” He motioned her to come closer to him. Yuri still looked hesitant about that. “Hey, I won’t kiss you. Don’t worry.” Yuri gave a death glare to him for mentioning back the topic that she wanted both of them to forget. “I just want to show something.” 

She approached him lazily. “What?” 

He showed a piece of paper to Yuri. He tried to read it. “Spii.. ak… to ev…every… o… ne…

“What?” She stared at him in confusion. She read what was written on that paper fluently. “Speak to everyone.” She looked at him back. “Can’t you read English?”

“I’m not too good at English.” He grinned.

Seeing how he grinned at her, she immediately changed her stare at the paper back. She still felt weird to communicate with him like this. She cleaned to hide her shocked expression. “Anyways, what is this all about?”

“The PD gave this to me. He said this is a hint for upcoming game.”

“Oh, really? Then, only us who got this? Nickhun and Yoona?”

“He said they also got it by doing their punishment but our hint is different from them. Our hint indicates a closer guess to the topic of the game.” Yuri nodded as a response she understood what he was explaining. “We are going to play this game next time. Try to think what the game may be about.” 

“Ok.”

They both were staring at the paper silently. Actually, they both were waiting for each other to say something if they might have. Minho lifted his head up and took a look at Yuri after the silence occupied their times for a while. She also looked at him. They ended up staring into each other’s eyes. And, their heart started pounding.

Minho cleaned his throat, breaking the silence. “Then, I’m off.” 

“Y… yes…” Yuri nodded.

“Goodnight. Have a tight sleep.” He flashed a smile to her before walking away. 

She didn’t respond anything to him and just stared at him who was walking away. She really wondered if he did really change and the most important was what caused him to change. Honestly, she did feel quite happy since he treated her better now.

--------------

They moved to other place which was around the pool for the punishment. After all the staffs were ready, the recording started back.

“They are at the pool!” Both of MC exclaimed excitedly. “I wonder what they are going to do there!”

“In this pool, there is a box and in that box contains a piece of paper which is actually a hint for your upcoming game.” MC Shinyoung explained to both of Yoona and Nickhun.

“Then, this is my punishment, taking the hint?” Nickhun asked out of curiosity.

“Yes.” MC Shinyoung nodded.

“Is that punishment really okay?” Yoona asked. “The weather is quite cold and he has to be in this cold water? He may catch a cold.” Nickhun smiled seeing Yoona was concerned about him.

“Yoona, have you seen Nickhun’s body?”

“What?!” Yoona seemed so shocked of MC Shinyoung’s question. “O… Of… Of course not!” she immediately denied in stutter.


“Wow, Shinyoung! Nice question!” MC 1 said.

“Then, this is your chance to see his body.” MC Shinyoung said boldly to Yoona.

“Ah! Unnie!” Yoona whined bashfully as her cheeks turned red. Nickhun just smiled looking at Yoona who got shy because of how MC Shinyoung .


MC 2 laughed. “Her cheeks turned red. I bet she really wanted to see it.”

“But, is Nickhun really going to take off his shirt?” MC 1 asked in excitement. “I want to see his hot body too!”


Nickhun really took off his cloth which actually shocked Yoona. She just stared at him while blinking her eyes faster and her jaw slightly dropped.

“Wow, Nickhun! Six packs!” MC Shinyoung jumped in happiness.

Yoona immediately turned her head away before someone realized at how she looked at Nickhun. Her heart started beating faster. This was the first time she looked at his body this close and yes, she did feel excited like other fans. She was slightly angry at herself for being such a ert.

“Yoona.” MC Shinyoung called.

“Yes?” She turned her head towards MC Shinyoung but automatically she also looked at Nickhun since he stood beside MC Shinyoung. She ended up taking a look at Nickhun’s body again. “U… un… unn… unnie, what is it?” She did feel very awkward to keep her stare on MC Shinyoung since she knew her eyes would end up looking at Nickhun’s body.

“Have you seen Nickhun’s body? How is it?” MC Shinyoung kept teasing Yoona as she could see obviously Yoona was getting more bashful.

“Y… ye… yes…” She hesitantly nodded. “I… it… it’s great…” she bit her lips to hide her smile.

“You like it?” MC Shinyoung smirked as she could see a smile on Yoona’s face which couldn’t be hidden by Yoona.

“Ah, unnie! Stop it!” Yoona raised her voice though her lips were curling up.


“Aigoo, Yoona~ just stop denying… she can’t stop smiling!”

“Are you that happy?” Nickhun joined MC Shinyoung to tease Yoona. “Huh? Are you that happy?” he pinched Yoona’s cheek gently.

“What do you mean… no…” Yoona still denied even the smile was stuck on her face.


“It’s nice to see how they act so sweet towards each other.” MC 1 said.

“But, honestly, they really look like a real couple.” MC 2 added.


Nickhun finally jumped into the pool. Everyone was just silent waiting for Nickhun to find the box. However, Yoona seemed quite worried for him especially when he had been in the water for 5 minutes without even going up to the surface of water to catch his breath.

“Unnie, he has been in water for a long time.” Yoona said to MC Shinyoung in worry.

“Should we do something?” MC Shinyoung asked the staff. After getting a reply from the staff, she said to Yoona back. “I think we should wait.”

“Wait?!” Yoona asked in disbelief. “How if something happen to him? Plus, the weather is so cold right now!” She turned her head towards the pool back, to check Nickhun in case if he already found it but there was still no sign of his presence. “Nickhun! Are you okay?! Nickhun!” There was still no reply. “Unnie! Don’t we need to do something?”

All of a sudden, Nickhun appeared at the surface of the water while exclaiming. “I found it!” Everyone could see a small box in Nickhun’s hand.


“Oh, that’s Nickhun!” Both of the MCs exclaimed at the same time because they were also worried about Nickhun too.

“Nickhun, are you okay?” Yoona looked at him worriedly and she immediately took a towel from a staff before squatting down at the edge of the pool waiting for him to come to her. 

He swam towards her and climbed out from the pool with the help of her. “Yes, I’m fine.” He replied while giving her a smile, convincing her that he was telling the truth.

Yoona wrapped the towel around Nickhun who started to shiver since he felt so cold without any shirt on his body. “Do you feel better?” Nickhun nodded while smiling.


“Somehow, this punishment was really a great idea. We can see how sweet Nickhun and Yoona acted towards each other.”

MC Shinyoung cleaned . “Sorry for bothering you guys.” She let out a chuckle.

“Huh?” Yoona looked confused with MC Shinyoung’s words. She didn’t get it.

“Nothing.” MC Shinyoung grinned. “Nickhun, where is that box? You can open it to take the hint.” Nickhun did like MC Shinyoung asked him to do.

Both of Yoona and Nickhun read the hint together. “Speak to everyone.” They got the same hint with Minho and Yuri but the difference was only that they got the hint in Korean but Minho and Yuri got an English hint.


“We end the show here. Please wait for the next episode to know what the game is. For the meantime, the audience at home can guess together what the game might be. See you again next time in Date with 2SG!”

---------------

The staff packed all the things after the recording was finished. “Thank you for the hard work.” Yoona and Nickhun bowed their body as they thanked the staffs. After that, all the staff walked away leaving only Nickhun, Yoona and MC Shinyoung there.

“Unnie, bye bye!” Yoona waved her hand happily to MC Shinyoung.

“Ok, bye! See you next time! I will go immediately. I won’t disturb you guys anymore.” She still teased Yoona and Nickhun even she was already about to go.

“Unnie!” Yoona pouted her lips cutely.

“Ok, ok! Bye!” MC Shinyoung waved her hand towards Nickhun and Yoona before going away. They just stared at MC Shinyoung until she disappeared from their sight.

Now, there were only Nickhun and Yoona left. They looked at each other. Yoona did feel slightly awkward with the stare that was given by Nickhun. She cleaned as she turned her head away. “I think we should go home now. The weather is getting so cold. Where is your shirt?” she looked around. “Ah, over there!” she took Nickhun’s shirt and then, she went back to him. “Here.”

Instead of taking his shirt, Nickhun approached her and gave a hug to her. “Wow, so comfortable!” he exclaimed while hugging her tightly.

Yoona’s eyes went bigger. She was really shocked of his sudden hug especially when he was topless, it felt very awkward for Yoona to have skinship with his bare chest. “W… wh… what… ar…are you doing?” she tried to push him softly to talk with him properly.

Instead of letting her go, he just hugged her tighter. “Stay still. I want us to stay like this for a while.”

“W… wh… why?” Yoona’s body was frozen in Nickhun’s embrace. She really didn’t know what to do and as time went by, her heart started beating faster.

“Wow, so comfortable!” He rested his chin on her shoulder. “What did you do to your shoulders? Why are they warm like a heater?”

“Huh?” She still looked confused.

“You know, when someone is cold, being stick to other person is another way to warm his body.”

She let out a chuckle. “Really?”

“Yes, your body is so warm.” He replied.

“Then, are you treating me as a heater now?” Somehow, she did feel more relaxed when he was joking around. However, her heart was still pounding as she was in an embrace of the guy that she loves. She was afraid that he might hear her heartbeat since how close they were with each other.

“Oh? What sound is that?” He asked as he let her go. He stared at her.

“Huh? W… what?” The nervousness could be seen obviously on her face. She would be in trouble if he did find out about it.

“It sounds like heartbeat.” Nickhun said while raising one of his eyebrows. “That sound is yours or mine?”

“I… I think it’s yours!” She slightly raised her voice as she felt too nervous. He looked at her in confusion. “Let’s go back. It’s already late.” She walked away first without waiting for Nickhun. She just tried to avoid from being asked by Nickhun.

“Yoona! Wait!” 

She stopped walking and took a deep breath before turning back her body towards him. “Yes?”

“My shirt.” He smiled to her. It seemed like he could guess that Yoona did feel nervous of what he had done because she had walked away with his shirt.

“Oh?” Yoona looked at her hand. On that time, she just realized that she was running away with his shirt. “Ah, yes. I’m sorry.” She gave him an awkward smile. She walked towards him and gave back his shirt. “Bye!” She walked away in rush without waiting for him to reply her back.

Nickhun just stared at her with a smile on his face. “It feels quite different to be close to her. I’m so comfortable with her. Maybe it’s a feeling between two good friends?” He talked to himself. He still didn’t understand why he felt so comfortable around her.

----------

Leeteuk just arrived at his class and he shocked Siwon who seemed was silent, thinking about something. “Woah!” He put his hands on Siwon’s shoulders. However, Siwon just looked at him with expressionless face, obviously he wasn’t shocked at all. Then, he just sat beside Siwon. “Anyways, what is on your minds? You look so serious, thinking about something. Did you think about your mysterious secrets again?”

“No, I just thought what I should give or do to someone that has helped me but right now, I don’t have any good idea. So, can you suggest anything?”

“Oh! You are thinking about someone?” Leeteuk looked quite interested with that as Siwon was rarely thinking about others except she or he did be an important person to him. “Anyways, it depends on that person actually. It is a girl or boy?”

“Girl.”

“What?! You are thinking about a girl?” Leeteuk asked in disbelief. 

“What is so strange about that?” Siwon looked confused of Leeteuk’s reaction.

“Yes, thinking about a girl is a small matter. But, right now, we are talking about you, Choi Siwon! It’s really a big matter! You really have changed a lot.”

“I’ve changed?”

“Yes. Anyways, who is that girl? I’m really curious to know.” Before Siwon could reply, he talked again. “Wait… I don’t think there is other girl that you’ve mentioned except Tiffany. It’s Tiffany?” He pointed to Siwon while smiling widely as he was sure his guess would be completely correct.

“Yes.” He nodded. “She has helped me before and I thought I should do something for her too. So, what do you think I should do? Should I ask to have a dinner with her at a luxurious restaurant? Do you think it will be special?” He really needed Leeteuk’s opinion on these things as he didn’t have any experience in treating a girl in this way. So, he didn’t know what usually a girl likes.

“Yah, idiot!” Leeteuk knocked Siwon’s head. 

“What?!” Siwon seemed annoyed of what Leeteuk had done to him.

“Don’t you remember, how rich her family is? Even how much luxurious the restaurant that you are going to bring her to, I don’t think it can surpass the meal that she usually eat at her home!”

“Then, what should I do?”

“Well, let me think for a while…” Leeteuk stopped talking while rubbing his chin. Not too long after, he continued, “Why don’t you do something that she can’t do?”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Based on what I have seen and I even heard it from Yoona that actually Tiffany is quite lonely though she still seems cheerful. Her family is one of the richest families in Korea. So, I’m quite sure that she actually lacks of love and attention from her parents.”

“Yes.” Siwon nodded as he agreed about what Leeteuk said. He had seen how Tiffany had a quarrel with her mother before.

“You got what I’m trying to suggest, right?”

“No, I don’t get it.”

“Choi Siwon, for crying out loud! Don’t you still understand?!” Siwon just shook his head. Leeteuk could only sigh. “Ok, ok. I’ll explain. You should bring her to somewhere that she had wanted to be but she still can’t do it until now or maybe to somewhere that where everyone can just be except a person like her. You got what I’m trying to say, right? Maybe a place like Han river?”

“Ah, yes, yes. I get it.”

“Or maybe you can give her a wish and you have to fulfill it. She will be the most happiest when you do what she really wants, right?”

“Yes, I think that's the best idea. Thanks for your advice. Anyways, why I’m so hard to understand what usually a girl wants?”

“That’s okay. Don’t need to worry. You never thought or be close to a girl. So, that’s a common thing. But, honestly, you really shocked me with this sudden change in your attitude. I think you won’t change like this easily. Do you maybe like Tiffany? From my perspective, only love can change someone easily.”

“Well… I don’t know. How does someone feel when he is in love with someone?”

“You don’t need me or even someone else to answer this question. Every person learns about love by himself. So, you also will find out about it by yourself gradually. Just let your heart decides what it wants.”

“However, I don’t think love is the right time for me now. I can’t get involve with it for now. I have much more important things to be my priorities.”

“As for now, you can say like this confidently but once you are really in love with someone, I want to see if you can really stick to your words now. We’ll just wait and see, okay?” Leeteuk smirked since he could see the change in Siwon’s expression. Siwon didn’t look too confident like before.

--------------

Siwon was on the way to the cafeteria with Leeteuk as it was the recess time. He spotted Tiffany who was also walking to the cafeteria. 

“Look! It’s Tiffany!” Leeteuk pointed to Tiffany. “This is your chance!”

“You go first to the cafeteria. I’ll come later.”

“Ok.” Leeteuk left Siwon alone and went to the cafeteria first.

“Tiffany!” Siwon called for her.

Tiffany heard it and she stopped walking. She turned around and as soon as she saw Siwon who was running towards her, she smiled widely. She was very happy at how he had changed. He looked more cheerful than she had ever seen him before and what made her feel so happy was that he greeted her first.

He finally stood in front of her while catching his breath. She just stared at him and she seemed couldn’t stop showing her eye-smile. “Hi.” He looked at her and smiled.

“H… hi…” Tiffany replied his greeting in stutter since she was still in disbelief what was going on right now.

“Actually… I… em…” He didn’t know how to start their conversation. He never asked someone out before especially when it was a girl. So, it’s kind of hard for him to say it.

“Yes?” She raised her eyebrows while staring at his face. She never saw this side of him before which actually amazed her.

“Do you have a free time tonight?”

“Yes. Why?” A sparkle could be seen in her eyes since from the way he asked, it seemed like he was going to ask her out.

“You have helped me before and I really appreciate it a lot. So, I thought I should do something for you too. Can we meet tonight?”

“Oh, yes! Of course!” She raised her voice in excitement. Siwon did feel quite shocked with that and he stared at her while raising his eyebrows. Tiffany’s cheeks turned red as she cleaned . “So, when and where are we going to meet?”

“Well, I’m not sure…” he paused. “Then, do you have your cell phone with you?”

“Ah, yes.” She nodded as she showed him her cell phone.

“Do you want my number?” He asked. Her eyes went bigger as she was very shocked of his bold question. She didn’t reply anything as she was speechless but she just gave her cell phone to him obediently. He pressed a few buttons on her cell phone. “This is my number.” He gave her cell phone back. 

“Y… yes… thank you.” She unconsciously bowed her body to him.

“Why are you bowing to me?” He let out a chuckle. She just shook her head while smiling bashfully. Siwon gave her his cell phone. She looked at him confusion. “Your number.”

“Oh! Ok, ok!” She took his cell phone anxiously and pressed a few buttons. “Here.” She gave it back to him.

“Ok. Then, I’ll inform you back.” 

“Yes.” Siwon smiled before walking away. As Siwon was far enough from her, she shouted excitedly. “Yeah!!!” She jumped around. She couldn’t describe how happy she was right now. 

----------

“Yah! Fany-ah! Why are you so late?!” Sooyoung asked as soon as she spotted Tiffany.

However, Tiffany was too busy being happy in her own world. She couldn’t stop grinning like an idiot.

“Fany-ah!” Jessica purposely shouted at Tiffany’s ear.

“Ouch!” Tiffany exclaimed in pain as she rubbed her ear. “It hurts!” 

“Why the heck were you grinning like an idiot?” Sunny asked.

A sparkle could be seen in Tiffany’s eyes again. She was very excited to tell what made her feel so happy. “You know, Siwon asked me out and we even exchanged numbers!” she said in happiness.

“Really?!” Taeyeon asked in shock but she sounded quite happy.

“Fany-ah, are you telling the truth?” Hyoyeon gave a suspicious look to Tiffany.

“Yah! I’m not kidding! It’s the truth!” Tiffany convinced them that she was telling the truth. 

“Then, unnie, are you Siwon’s girlfriend now?” Seohyun asked out of curiosity. 

“No.” She shook her head. “He asked me out just because I helped him before. Do you guys still remember when I recounted about the night when he vomited on me? So, he wanted to thank me. That’s all.” She smiled widely again. “But, I’m happy enough just to be with him!”

“Anyways, who know, friendship can turn into love too.” Yoona said to Tiffany. 

Tiffany smiled as a reply of what Yoona said. She looked around and just then, she realized that there were only eight of them including herself. “Where’s Yuri?”

“Yuri unnie is buying food.” Seohyun replied.

----------

As Siwon passed by, he saw Yuri who was buying the food. He immediately walked towards her with a smile on his face. 

He suddenly appeared beside Yuri which shocked her. “Omo!” She looked at Siwon which made her more shocked.

Siwon looked at her back and smiled. “What do you want to eat? I’ll pay for it.”

“Huh?” Yuri still looked confused. “But, I…” However, Siwon chose the food for her behalf. He took a various type of food and put them in Yuri’s hands. “Siwon… what…”

Siwon asked the cashier. “How much are they?”

“5 dollar, sir.” The cashier replied and Siwon gave the money to her. “Thank you.”

Yuri in confusion just stared at Siwon who was paying for the food. Whenever she thought there might be a possibility that he would like Tiffany, he made her confused again. 

He approached her which caused her to widen her eyes. She really didn’t know how to face this situation. “Please eat well and never skip your meal. I don’t want you to get sick.” He smiled to her. She didn’t know why but whenever he smiled to her, she could feel the warmness in that smile like it could comfort her whenever she needed it. She really wondered why she felt like that. “And take care of yourself. About Minho… please don’t ever like him, okay? I don’t want you to get hurt. If he ever hurt you, just inform me. He will get a lesson from me. Okay?”

Yuri didn’t know what to reply and she just could give a nod as a response. He smiled once again before leaving her. She just stared at him as he was walking away. She didn’t understand what was really going on. Why did he care for her too much? Why he kept reminding her to not like Minho? Did he really like her? But, she really hoped that he could open his heart to Tiffany. How should she explain that to him? 

And, what made her very confused was why did she find his smile was very warm? Even they just met and talked to each other briefly, she felt very comfortable around him and she felt like he was familiar to her. His presence made her felt better especially when she had a problem. She didn’t understand why she felt like this. This feeling just appeared naturally and it was out of her control.