14. The Turning Point

My HatefulBoyfriend

“WOAH!!!” Minho got startled with Yuri’s unexpected presence until he fell on the floor. “Yah! You really scared me! What did you do here?!” he looked at her angrily.

She looked at him and gave a stiff smile. “I…”

Minho got up. “Yah! Come out!” he motioned her to come near him. However, she just stared at him with frustrated expression on her face, in this situation of course she was angry at herself for making a stupid action.”What are you doing?! I said come out!”

Yuri hesitantly came out from the wardrobe. She was really ashamed and didn’t know what to explain to him about this. “I just want to give something to you!” she said to him and without her realizing, her eyes were locking on Minho’s body which was shirtless.

Minho was aware where Yuri was looking at. “Yah! What are you looking at?!” he covered his chest with his hands.

“W… What?! I’m not looking anything!” She lied as she immediately bowed her head, changing her stare on the floor. She really hated herself for being so erted. Why did her eyes want to lock on his chest?!

“Can you explain what the heck you are doing in my room?! Are you peeking on me?! Stalker!”

“W… what?! Stalker?!” Yuri burst into anger because of Minho’s accusation. She lifted her head up and glared at him. However, before she could explain, her eyes went down to his chest. It’s really out of her control. “Aigoo!” she took a deep breath. “Yah! C… ca… can’t you wear something?!” Out of the blue, Minho approached Yuri. “W… W… Wh… Why?” She looked at him and anxiousness could be seen in her eyes. He kept taking a few steps closer to her. “What are you doing?!” she shouted.

“Urgh! Really…” Minho rolled his eyes. “I want to take a shirt in my wardrobe! Is that a problem?! You are the one who asked me to wear something, isn’t?”

“Ceh! Then, why don’t you tell me to move aside?!” Yuri said as she moved aside. “Silly!” she just mouthed that to calm herself down. Minho took a new shirt and put it on. “Ok, now, listen here! I’m not a stalker! I just want to give this to you!” she put the photo in Minho’s hand harshly.

“What is it?” Minho looked at Yuri with questioned face. He took a look at the photo. “This… this…” he looked very shocked. He lifted his head up. “Did you steal it?!” he yelled at her.

“Hey, I’m not!” Yuri shouted at him back.

“Yah! Do you think I can be deceived by you?!” He held both of Yuri’s shoulder tightly. “Do you think that I’m that stupid?!” he looked at her with anger in his eyes.

“It hurts!” Yuri flung his hands off her shoulders. “I’m not lying! I swear I didn’t steal that photo! This is why I sneak to your room! I know that you would think I stole it!” He didn’t respond to her. “Now, listen to me! Do you remember the first day we met? You brought me to Busan and we stayed at a guest-house! Eventually, you left me alone despite I was very sick on that time! But, still I kept your photo as I thought it would be very precious to you!” he just stared at her, didn’t know what to say. “So, Choi Minho… You should think wisely what are your mistakes and you shouldn’t put the blame on me. Don’t need to thank me though I think you should have done that.”

After uttering all the things that caused her to be so angry at him, she felt much better. She walked to the door. Minho’s sudden words had stopped Yuri’s step, “Thanks.” Her eyes went bigger. “And, also… I’m sorry.” He apologized and he sounded very sincere. 

She really didn’t expect this. She bowed her head since she couldn’t think any words to say. Seriously, the atmosphere became awkward. Both of them didn’t face each other. She thought it would be better to go away as soon as possible. She tried to open the door. However, how much she tried, the door won’t open. “Why can’t I open it?” she mumbled angrily. This situation was really weird right now.

“Are you going to break the door? It is locked.” Minho said calmly.

“Yes?” Yuri asked in shock. “Oh… yes.” she unlocked the door and immediately went out from Minho’s room. She felt so embarrassed for her behavior just now. Why couldn’t she think that the door was unlocked instead of trying to open the door strongly? He had shown a nice side of him to her and honestly, it did affect her impression to him. She felt like something was different.

“No, no! I shouldn’t be affected by that! He just said sorry, what is so great about that?! I shouldn’t think too much about that!” Yuri shook her head vigorously.

--------------

“Stephanie.” Tiffany’s mom called Tiffany who was going to her bedroom.

“Yes, mom?” Tiffany turned her body and came closer to her mom.

“I’m really sorry because your father and I didn’t pay any attention to you before. Mom is really sorry.”

“Mom, it’s okay.” Tiffany gave a warm smile and she hugged her mom. “I still love mom no matter what.”

“Mom loves you too.” She Tiffany’s hair with a smile on her face. They let go of each other. “Let’s have dinner together at a restaurant.”

“Really?” A sparkle could be seen in Tiffany’s eyes. “Ok! How’s about dad?”

“Dad has meeting in US. He left this morning.”

“Oh…” Tiffany looked slightly disappointed. 

“But, mom is here, right? Today, we are going to have a woman talk, ok?”

“Yes!” Tiffany smiled brightly again.

-------------

Tiffany and her mom went to a luxurious restaurant. They ordered food after the waiter came to take their order. “Ok, that’s all.” Tiffany said to the waiter. The waiter bowed politely before going away.

“Today, you must eat a lot.” Tiffany’s mom held Tiffany’s mom. Tiffany nodded while smiling brightly.

As they were waiting for food, Tiffany looked around and she spotted someone familiar. “What is he doing here alone?” she looked at Siwon with a frown on her face. She kept staring at him.

She was startled by the sound from her mom’s cell phone. “Hello?” her mom answered. “Oh… yes… yes, I’ll be there soon.” She ended the call.

“Mom, why? Anything happened?”

“Stephanie, mom has to go back to the company. There’s something happening.”

“Y… yes…” Tiffany looked very disappointed. Honestly, she already expected it would end up like this again, she would be left alone. “It’s okay. I’ll have dinner by myself.” She forced a smile.

“I’m really really sorry. Next time, I’ll make sure we will spend some time together, okay?” her mom patted her cheek softly. Tiffany nodded while giving a force smile. Her mom walked away.

Tiffany changed her focus on Siwon back. “He is alone. Should I go to him? But, he looks depressed. Is he having a problem?”

------------

As Yoona was left alone, she decided to take a stroll around the Sunrise Dream. The place where Yuri, 2SG and her lived was really beautiful especially at night. She moved to the swimming pool near their villas. She stopped walking and stood at the side of the swimming pool. She folded her arms and started to think about her problems.

Honestly, she was unsure about being in this show and she did feel regret joining this. This was because of Nickhun. The way how he treated her nicely and being beside him every day, so close to him, caused her feelings towards him became stronger. She really hated how her heart reacted every time Nickhun was near her. Should she withdraw from this show? But, Yuri must need her a lot. Yes, she was in this show because of Yuri. So, she should always be by Yuri’s side to support Yuri.

She didn’t realize that there was someone who was watching her out. “Oh, it’s Yoona.” Nickhun smiled as he coincidentally met her when taking a stroll. “She is alone.” He approached her slowly and cautiously. “Yoona!” he exclaimed as he touched her shoulders.

“Arghh!” Yoona shouted as she really wasn’t aware of Nickhun’s presence especially when there was something on her minds. He startled her until she lost her balance. “Argghh…” he tried to grab her hand but he missed it and Yoona fell into the swimming pool.

“Oh, no! What I have done?!” 

------------

Tiffany just observed on Siwon without doing anything. She had been like that for some time. “Excuse me, miss?” a waitress came to Tiffany.

Tiffany was quite startled. “Y… yes?”

“We are going to close our restaurant.” The waitress said politely.

“Oh, really?” Tiffany sounded slightly shocked. She looked around and there were only her and Siwon left in that restaurant. She really didn’t realize that time flying so fast. “Ok.” She nodded with a warm smile on her face.

Tiffany got up and looked at Siwon back. There was a waiter trying to wake him up. It seemed like Siwon was sleeping. She thought maybe it’s because he was drunk. She really wondered what made him to be so depressed. She decided to come closer to where he was.

“Excuse me, mister. We’re going to close our restaurant.” The waiter tried to wake Siwon up but there was no response from him. “Mister, you have to wake up. Mister!”

“Excuse me.” Tiffany politely interrupted. “It’s okay. I know him.”

“Oh… ok.” The waiter slightly bowed his body before going away.

“Siwon, Siwon!” Tiffany tried to wake him up by shaking his shoulder. Finally, he showed a reaction. He opened his heavy eyes and looked at her blankly. “We have to go.” He tried to get up but he couldn’t stand properly and sat down on the chair back involuntarily. “Let’s go.” She said as she helped him got up. She put one of Siwon’s arms on her shoulder and dragged him out from the restaurant.

-----------

Nickhun was about to jump into the swimming pool. However, Yoona already was on the surface of water and she swam to the side of swimming pool. He immediately went to her and helped her to climb out from the swimming pool. “Are you okay? I’m really sorry.” He said apologetically while observing her condition.

“Y… y… yes…” Yoona answered as she was catching her breath. Her body and cloth were wet.

“Wait here.” Nikchun ran to somewhere. She just stared at him, wondering where he was going to. She hugged her knee and rubbed her arms as she felt extremely cold with the strong winds was blowing. The strong winds felt like were stabbing her body. 

Nickhun came back after a few minutes, this time there was a towel in his hand. He knelt in front of her and wiped her face with that towel. Her eyes went bigger.”I… I… can do it by myself.” She took the towel from his hand.

“Oh… ok.” Nickhun sat properly beside Yoona. He looked at her who was drying herself. “I’m really sorry.” He said to her apologetically. “I never thought that you would give such an intense reaction. I’m sorry. Please forgive me.”

“No… it’s okay.” Yoona gave a smile.

He took a deep breath as he bit his lower lips. “This is not right!” He got up.

“Hm? What are you doing?” she lifted her head up, staring at him with questioned face. Out of the blue, he jumped into the swimming pool. “Nickhun! What are you doing?!” she raised her voice. She looked very worried. Even after a moment, he still couldn’t be seen on the surface of water. She started to feel uneasy. “Nickhun! Nickhun! Where are you?! Please answer! Nickhun!” There was no reply from Nickhun.”Is he not good at swimming?” she mumbled. She was just about to get up to save Nickhun.

All of a sudden, Nickhun appeared on the surface of water. “I’m here!” he shouted while waving his hand in the air. He smiled widely to Yoona who still seemed very worried about him.

“What is this?! You really scared me!” Yoona scolded him with a frown on her face.

Nickhun went to the side of the swimming pool and climbed out from it. He went to Yoona and sat beside her. “Don’t worry. I’m good at swimming.”

“But, why did you do that?”

“We’re even now, right?”

“What?”

“I have caused you to fall into the swimming pool and I should deserve it too, right? I’m very sorry for what I have done to you.” Yoona chuckled because the way Nickhun thought was really funny but cute at the same time. “Now, you aren’t angry at me, isn’t?”

“No, of course not. I’m not mad at you at the first place. But, don’t you feel cold? I think I’m going to die because of the chilliness just now.”

“Nope. You know, my body is strong!” 

“Really?”Yoona asked. He nodded with a proud smile on his face. The wind’s blowing became stronger. She could see Nickhun was shivering. “Now, aren’t you feeling cold?” He just opened his mouth to reply her but she cut him off. “Don’t deny it. I can see you are shivering.”

“Yes~ it’s so cold!” He came closer to Yoona and pulled the towel that were wrapping around Yoona towards him. They shared the towel. She seemed shocked at the moment Nickhun’s shoulder touched hers. They sat beside each other closely but she tried to keep a calm face to avoid Nickhun suspected something. He lifted his head up and looked at the sky. “Wow! We can see many stars tonight!” he said happily.

Yoona turned her head towards him and stared at his face which was just a few inches away from hers. After that, she immediately turned her head to other reaction, where he couldn’t see her face. “Aish! Really…” she mouthed with a frustrated face on her face. She really hated how she felt right now. He always caused her heart to pound.

“Anyways…”

“Yes!” Yoona blurted out in high tone which shocked Nickhun.

“W… Why?”

“Huh? Hm… nothing!” she shook her head vigorously. “What did you say just now?”

“You are really great at swimming. I don’t expect that.”

“Yes.” Yoona smiled. “My brother asked me to learn many skills since I was younger. He said he was very worried for my safety and I should learn those skills to protect myself.”

“Your brother… Leeteuk hyung really cares about you a lot.”

“Yes~” Yoona said in depressed tone. “But, he is too overprotective! He always keeps his eyes on me especially when I’m with any guy. He didn’t let any guy to approach me. You can see it how he warned you at the school, this morning.”

“Oh… so, you never have any boyfriend?”

“Yes… but that’s not the only reason. I already have someone in my heart. I don’t want to hurt anyone until my heart can throw away that guy forever.”

“Eh~ what did you say that? You shouldn’t try to forget him. Anyways, who is him? I’m really curious.”

“Wh… why did you want to know?” she stuttered.

“It sounds like that guy has been in your heart for a long time. Am I right?” He looked at Yoona. She nodded as a reply. “I’m really curious. He must be lucky to own your heart.”

“Lucky?” a frown could be seen on Yoona’s face.

“Of course, it’s really hard to find a person’s heart to be so loyal to a person for a long time. Anyways, who is that lucky guy? Please tell me.”

“You can’t know about it. How can I tell you? Can’t!” She shook her head.

“Why? Just tell me. Or… is he Minho, isn’t? Yes, it’s Minho! I know you like him since before and he is your choice for the partner in this show, right?”

“No!” she immediately denied. He looked shocked of her reaction. She herself found it was weird since everyone else especially Yuri and Nickhun thought that she liked Minho. “I… I mean… it… it’s not like that… but… I…”

“Yes?” He looked at Yoona while raising his eyebrows.

“I… I have to go. Yuri must be looking for me!” She blurted out as she got up. She walked away without waiting for Nickhun’s reaction. He just stared at her while chuckling especially when she went away with the towel that was wrapping around her body.

After confirming Nickhun couldn’t see her anymore, she stopped walking. “Why did suddenly he ask about that?! How can I admit to him that I like him?!” she stomped her legs. “Oh, yes! Talking about Yuri… how she is right now?” she paused for a while. “Just now… I talked to Nickhun… that means 2SG have finished their schedule!” she ran back to the swimming pool.

Nickhun was still staying near the swimming pool. He turned his head as he heard someone was coming to him. He smiled as he saw Yoona. “Why?”

Yoona squatted down beside Nickhun. She looked very anxious. “Where is Minho?”

“I think he’s in his room. Why did you ask?”

She bit her lips. ‘Oh, no! Yuri must be in trouble!’ she thought.

“What’s wrong?” 

“Huh? Em… nothing.” She tried to not show her anxiousness. “Ok, I’m off.” He nodded with a warm smile on his face. She got up and walked but stopped after a few steps. She took the thing that was wrapping around her body and looked at it with questioned face. Just then, she realized that she had taken away the towel with her. She turned her body towards Nickhun and approached him again. 

“Why?” he asked again but this time, he burst into chuckle.

Yoona approached him and wrapped the towel around him. “I’m sorry. You must be cold.”

“It’s okay. You can take it.”

“No. I’m going to my villa. You are the one who need this. You can’t fall sick.” She got up. “Ok, bye.”

“Thanks. Bye!” he waved his hand to her. She replied him with a sweet smile.

----------------

Tiffany became tired and more tired as time went by as Siwon’s weigh is too heavy for her to support. She spotted a bench and decided to take a rest there for a while. She made Siwon to take a seat on that bench and then, she sat down beside him.

“Aigoo!” she hove a deep sigh. She looked around. It seemed like there weren’t many people left around this busy city. Most of the shops had closed. She took a look at her watch. “Oh, it’s getting late!” It already surpassed midnight. She turned her head towards Siwon. He was jerking backward and would be fall in any moment. “Eh~!”She immediately held him to make him to sit still. He looked very drunk. “I really wonder what is your problem which causes you to be like this.” She looked at him with worry in her eyes.

“Y… u… rrrii…” All of a sudden, he talked which caused Tiffany to pay her attention to him fully.

“Huh? What did you say?”

“Y… Yuri…”

“Yuri? What’s up with her?”

“That brat! How dare he choose Yuri?! It really makes me hurt!” He hit his chest.

Tiffany’s expression changed as she really couldn’t help it. So, this was the evidence for the guess which she had been wondering for long but it was out of questions to ask it to him directly. Her tears accumulated in her eyes. ‘I shouldn’t and won’t cry!’ She tried to tell that to herself. Honestly, she didn’t expect that herself would be like this after knowing the truth because she had tried to control her feelings but still it was out of her control.

Eventually, Siwon lied down on the bench to sleep in more convenient position. “Siwon, you can’t sleep here!” she shook his shoulder but there wasn’t response from him. “What should I do? I don’t even know where his house is.” she hove a deep sigh. “Oh, yes! Leeteuk oppa!” she just remembered that Leeteuk oppa might be know where his house was since they are good friends. “I should call Yoona to ask for Leeteuk oppa’s number.”

She took out her cell phone and called Yoona. “Hello? Fany-ah! What’s up? It’s already late. There is something happen?” She could hear the anxiousness in Yoona’s voice for calling her so late at night.

“Yes, I’m really in big trouble now. Can you give me Leeteuk oppa’s cell phone?”

“Yes, sure. But, what’s wrong actually?” Before Tiffany could respond to her, she immediately added in anger. “Did my oppa cause a trouble?!”

“O… Of course not! Right now, I’m with Siwon.”

“Siwon?!” Yoona asked in shock.

“Y… yes… He was drunk and I don’t know where to bring him…” Tiffany’s words were cut off. She was shocked by Siwon who suddenly got up. He slowly approached her with a grin on his face like an idiot. “W… what are you doing?” she asked anxiously.

“Tiffany, what’s wrong? Hello? Are you talking to me?”

“Wh… Wha… What are you d… doing?!” Tiffany’s eyes went bigger and the anxiousness could be seen in her eyes. He slowly got closer and closer to her and he grabbed her arm which made Tiffany became more nervous and anxious. “Siwon! You can’t do that! Siwon!!! NOO!!!!”

---------