Celebrate (Part II)

y Beat! [An MBLAQ One Shot Collection]

3. Celebrate

My story behind: Track 4. Celebrate

Characters: Seungho, Christy, Hyunsoo, Mirae

Plot: When Seungho finds out that his crush's boyfriend has forgotten her birthday, he decides to take her out to dinner to make her feel special.

A/N: I recommend listening to the song (with subs for non-Korean speakers) then reading the oneshot. They go hand in hand. Also, go ahead & listen while you read. Enjoy! : )  

This is Part II.  Please read Celebrate (Part I) before you continue reading.  Comments & criticism are appreciated.  Enjoy : )


 “Thank you very much Mirae-ssi,” Seungho repeated once more as he bowed goodbye.  She flashed him her twinkling smile, a discreet way of wishing him luck.

 

                Please leave a message at the tone. Please leave a message at the tone. And once again, please leave a message at the tone. Thus after repeated tries, he left a message at the tone as prompted by the monotonous answering machine. Hearing Christy’s angelic voice at the other line would have been his preference but that wasn’t an option at the instant. 

                The notifications for three missed calls, a new text, and a new message all flashed before Christy’s eyes. They alarmed her the second she checked her phone as she made her way to the parking lot. Inside her car now, she focused her undivided attention on the notifications. One by one she examined.

                Three missed calls from an unknown number. Creepy. But before calling that number, she decided to listen to the voice message. It explained all; Seungho, a mutual friend of her and Mirae, was the person behind all those calls. Christy laughed to her herself as she listened to his message lined with awkward pauses and “uhhs.” He apologized for bombarding her with calls. He just wanted to see if she was free that evening. Christy smiled; at least one person cared and acknowledged that today was her birthday. He notified that he’ll pick her up at 7:00. Now she had something to look forward to on the night of her birthday.

                Before starting to drive, she decided to check the one text. It was from Hyuksoo.

                On the other side of town, Seungho was getting his briefcase together. Right when the clock signaled five, he picked up his things and locked up his office to leave. He had never fidgeted so much at work, impatient as to when it would end. It was finally over and he got in his car to head home, excited to get ready for his evening plans with Christy.

                A few hours later, he was once again on the road. This time, headed to Christy’s condo. He pulled down the windows and let the fresh autumn wind blow away all of his nervous sentiments. As he was enjoying the relaxing breeze down the intrastate road, he felt a vibration in his pocket. At the next red light stop, he glanced at the text.

Mirae: call me, now! I gotta tell you something.

                He pulled over to a nearby park. He quickly called Mirae and interrogated her as to what happened. She hesitated, contemplating in her hand whether she should tell him or not. In the end, she chose to reveal to Seungho that Hyuksoo, Christy’s boyfriend, just broke up with Christy over text while in Beijing for a business trip. Mirae’s voice stressed on the latter words: business trip. Sure, business trip, she repeated with fury in her voice, personally replicating the emotions her best friend probably felt.

                The news from Mirae provoked Seungho even more to comfort and distract Christy. It also reaffirmed his suspicions of Hyuksoo. He’d felt like the entire relationship was built on lies and Christy had been the victim. In his care, he thought, she’d always be a queen, an empress, but never a victim.

After half an hour, they arrived at a luxurious restaurant.

“Please take a seat Christy-ssi. You look angelic tonight,” he complimented.

“Thank you Seungho-sunbaenim. I am very thankful for your invitation,” she chimed. She genuinely smiled at him then she sat down.

                Everything felt like a dream, like a tornado of love dust getting a hold of him and spinning him out of his existence.  Her smile would blind him. He was truly a man suffering from a disease called love. Nothing like this had ever taken residence in his heart, or mind. His little heart would leap to and from outer space just thinking about being intimate with her, or just thinking about her in the first place.  He trembled at her beauty as he admired her from head to toe. To him, she was an angel, a snowflake, a delicate goddess who he’s admired from far for far too long. His eyes were fixed on her the entire night. They got to know each other, discussed life, their hopes and desires, their likes and dislikes, their goals and ambitions, and everything else  but their pasts.

                He didn’t want to wake up from this experience that felt like a  dream because he felt like it’d all evaporate and fizzle. In reality, the boyfriend could come back and take her. But Seungho wanted her at his side forever. He wanted to protect her and for her to protect him. Shedding the somewhat delusional fantasy in his head, he enjoyed the present moment as it was- a birthday dinner date, not exactly a date but possibly a get together. It was confusing as to what exactly it was, to be honest but that didn’t matter.

“Can I get your birthday special for this lovely lady & myself?” Seungho ordered when the welcoming waiter asked what they’d like for dessert.

                Minutes later, a parade of waiters carrying chocolate cake, strawberries, and champagne, perfectly tailored for a couple celebrating a birthday, came to their table. Christy chuckled at how the waitresses assumed they were a couple.  They poured champagne and toasted to a wonderful year and a new friendship.

                Others at the restaurant turned around and rejoiced. People passing by said congratulations to the two of them, assuming it was some kind of proposal. Nevertheless, it was the start of a beautiful relationship.  A love graced by the heavens and the higher power of the universe.

 


Hello darlings : ) Thanks a lot for reading! How was it? Feedback is so very much adored! <3 ^^ I had fun writing so I hope you had fun reading.