Chapter 2.

The Curse
Please log in to read the full chapter

Thank you so much for the support you're giving me!
Here's a new chapter, I hope you'll like it :)

 




 

 

     "Donghae, get up."

"Why?" Donghae asked with a husky, croaky voice.

It had been a while since he hadn't uttered a word, his throat wasn't so used to it anymore. He wasn't so fond of talking to himself or to the walls.

"We're going somewhere."

"Where?"

He didn't care so much, but the questions always flew out of his mouth before he could stop them. It had always been like that. Donghae was meant to ask questions.

"Today is your birthday. You're nineteen. I'll take you somewhere. Get up."

And with that, the teenager decided to simply comply to his father's order. Or at least to try.

Five years had passed since Donghwa's death, and his body had grown weaker with time. He couldn't find so much strength within himself anymore, he had lost the energy he used to have when he had Donghwa. Nobody would come and spend time with him anymore. He was alone. No one cared if about him.
 
Lack of food, the lack of light, lack of human presence by his side were progressively destroying him. What was the purpose of getting out of his bed? What was the purpose of breathing and eating? He still did when he had to, he would eat the meals his father brought him twice a day, and to go shower once in a while, but he wasn't so sure about time anymore.

Hours, days, weeks, years, he had no notion of time since Donghwa's death. Before, his brother would walk in his room every morning and tell him which day it was, and before going to bed he'd say good night so that the younger knew another day had passed. Donghae still had a feet into reality. But now, he had no idea if it was day or night, if it was winter or summer, he wasn't even sure how many years had passed until his father told him. In his black world, time was simply like an eternity of torture.

Nobody to talk to, only his own mind and his memories haunting him. His body only got feeble and thinner, and his mind dangerously weakened. He wasn't trying to kill himself, but he had indeed stopped fighting. He had lost his will to survive. Now, he was waiting for death to take him.

He was numb. Lifeless.

And standing up to get out of bed at that moment, when his father asked him to, took him a lot more strength than expected.       

"I said get up", the man barked, growing impatient. "What are you waiting for?"

Donghae inhaled deeply and tiredly sat up on his bed, his body heavy and his gestures slow. He felt a strong and harsh hand grasp his arm and pull him up. He gasped but kept silent as he found himself standing on his feet. He staggered for a couple seconds before he let the adult push him out of the room.

He felt himself being dragged through corridors and rooms. He almost fell a few times, his legs weak and shaking, and he bumped into a few furniture as well. His father didn't seem to care about the fact that he couldn't see where he was going. Yet didn't complain and followed.

Then, they stopped and he heard a door being opened. Next thing he knew, he was pushed into a cold room, his bare feet walking on a rough, hard and freezing floor. His father passed by him, walking around him while he stood there, motionless and clueless about what he was supposed to do. That's when a strange sound echoed in the room, something he couldn't identify.

"Get inside the car."

A car, he wasn't sure what it was. Donghwa had told him about it once, but he couldn't clearly remember. The next second, he was pushed forward and slightly bent until he found himself sitting on a strange chair. With a strange thud, the space on his right was closed.

He stayed there, tense and mute. He heard the weird sound again, and then his father's breath and clothes rustling. It took him a few more seconds to realize that the man was sitting beside him. He could feel their shoulders slightly brushing together. This was the first time they were physically so close to each other.

Donghae jumped when a loud sound filled the space and he softly whimpered. He had no idea what was going on but he felt his seat somehow vibrate and the sound increased.

What happened next, he couldn't use words to explain it. Everything kept vibrating and sometimes he would feel himself swaying right or left, without being able to understand why, because he was sitting and he shouldn't be moving.   

It took him a while before he got used to the strange feeling. He was actually a bit dizzy, and a dozen knots tugged his stomach, making him slightly nauseous, but he would never dare to complain about it. He just kept quiet and endured it.

The strange vibrating room kept doing those weird noises, but apart from that everything was silent. None of them talked. Donghae didn't even try, he knew his father didn't want to talk.
 <

Please log in to read the full chapter